rincon
Kaladin
Glory
McAgger
BarrileteCosmico
38 posters

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 14 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by rincon Mon May 06, 2019 5:14 pm

I honestly have no interest in comparing anything from the books or from GRRM's comments to current events on the show since GRRM has taken 8 years (and counting) to release 1 book. They are different stories from different mediums and would be more similar if he hadn't been this unproductive.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 14 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by M99 Mon May 06, 2019 5:20 pm

rincon wrote:I honestly have no interest in comparing anything from the books or from GRRM's comments to current events on the show since GRRM has taken 8 years (and counting) to release 1 book. They are different stories from different mediums and would be more similar if he hadn't been this unproductive.

Yeah. GRRM is most to blame for this shit.

But even after separating the two, pretending the books don't exist, the piss poor writing is apparent. Especially if you compare it with previous seasons. The ridiculous Beyond The Wall episode. Arya's storyline in Braavos. The Dorne shitshow. Arya and Sansa's feud in season 7. The anti-climatic end to the White Walkers. And now Euron using MAC guns from Halo to kill a dragon.

And the Inside The Episodes where they actually say "Dany forgot about the Iron Fleet but they did not forget about her" "We decided on Arya three years ago because it would be a big surprise" "It made sense to us because we wanted it to happen" How do you excuse that ffs
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon May 06, 2019 5:29 pm

I'm not saying no that. Just that for me pointing out that GRRM now said that Alyssane 1 million years ago couldn't cross the wall and took a year between Winterfell and the wall is pointless.

GRRM will get to tell his story with his books if he ever finished them.

By all info we have he is very happy with the show. Whatever things he will do differently, I don't care about at all. It's his fault. I'll read the next book eagerly if he ever publishes it, as a separate story.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 06, 2019 5:33 pm

rincon wrote:I'm not saying no that. Just that for me pointing out that GRRM now said that Alyssane 1 million years ago couldn't cross the wall and took a year between Winterfell and the wall is pointless.

GRRM will get to tell his story with his books if he ever finished them.

By all info we have he is very happy with the show. Whatever things he will do differently, I don't care about at all. It's his fault. I'll read the next book eagerly if he ever publishes it, as a separate story.

I just quoted that in response to RG and BC who are speculating on what might happen in the books. I was just using it as evidence to show S7 episode 6 most likely will not happen in the books. The show is giving us a vague idea on what will happen in the books. Maybe Euron will use the Dragonbinder to get Viserion. Viserion kills Rhaegal, Drogon kills Viserion. Horn Of Winter destroys the Wall.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon May 06, 2019 5:42 pm

I mean you got to think from the point of view of old geezer GRRM. He might have said he is happy regarding the show and how its panning out right now because the harsh truth might be dawned on him that he wouldnt be able to finish this epic saga. He might be more relieved than happy that its getting out somehow and people will be able see some ending instead of no ending.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 06, 2019 6:04 pm

Also, Tyrion saying that given time and no food the common people will rise against Cersei.

LOL.

She nuked the universe equivalent of the Vatican and faced zero repercussions. Its like that post during season 6 said, the show constantly gives the bad guys cheat codes to win so they can survive until they die at the right time. The majority of Westeros follows the Faith Of The Seven, yet common people and highborn are meekly following Cersei. Because Daenerys is a foreigner.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon May 06, 2019 6:16 pm

'Missandei could've grabbed Cersei and suicide jumped off. Nobody was close enough to stop it."

from reddit, thats what i was thinking aswell lol
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon May 06, 2019 6:18 pm

Myesyats wrote:'Missandei could've grabbed Cersei and suicide jumped off. Nobody was close enough to stop it."

Yeah Missandei, famed fighter who definitely could've outmuscled Cersei. And I think there were a lot of people close enough to react if she moved towards her.

Anyone else I would've agreed. But Missandei isn't exactly equipped to pull that off.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon May 06, 2019 6:21 pm

Some script supervisor gonna lose their job for real Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 06, 2019 6:28 pm

Seeing some people say if Cersei wanted to, she could have ended the war right there and then. Daenerys only showed up with 20 Unsullied. Shoot all the scorpions at Drogon who was stationary on the ground. Open the gates and the 10000 strong Golden Company attacks. Archers from the wall also fire.

Anyone else weirded out by how different Kings Landing looked. It looked nothing like Kings Landing. The parlay scene looked like it was happening in Qarth.

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 14 Z5MXbcJ

They actually moved Kings Landing further inland Laughing They are retconning the geography Proud
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon May 06, 2019 6:57 pm

Freeza wrote:
Myesyats wrote:'Missandei could've grabbed Cersei and suicide jumped off. Nobody was close enough to stop it."

Yeah Missandei, famed fighter who definitely could've outmuscled Cersei. And I think there were a lot of people close enough to react if she moved towards her.

Anyone else I would've agreed. But Missandei isn't exactly equipped to pull that off.

Yeah it might be a stretch but I think there was a short window for that when Cersei gets close and utters the 'any last words' line. They're basically on the very edge so it wouldn't take lots of muscle to push her
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 06, 2019 7:18 pm

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 14 B91n619t9lw21

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 14 Id30bdxq4mw21

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 06, 2019 10:07 pm

Dead.

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 14 1557113286904
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon May 06, 2019 10:26 pm

lool this scene had me dying laughing on the floor
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue May 07, 2019 4:39 am

Yea nah... this just gets worse and worse by the episode.

Like I said, only thing that can save it for me is Sansa being behind Dany's death and she sitting on the Iron Throne at the end.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 07, 2019 5:43 am

El Gunner wrote:Yea nah... this just gets worse and worse by the episode.

Like I said, only thing that can save it for me is Sansa being behind Dany's death and she sitting on the Iron Throne at the end.

Why though?

She talks a lot about mistrust and then completely betrays Jon every turn. Bitch you are not trustworthy.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue May 07, 2019 5:54 am

Honestly the only person I root for right now is Clegane. His scenes were the only bright spark in the episode for me. His and Sansa’s scene was nice.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 07, 2019 7:30 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Frankly I feel like you have to take the same approach than with other high fantasy shows like superhero movies when watching Got. You have to suspend belief for the entirety of it and accept it as it is. If you start nitpicking it you will ruin your enjoyment completely, as so little of it makes sense these days.

Then the next morning I get "wait that didn't make sense at all" hangover, but at least I enjoyed it the night before

That was me for this episode tbh. At the moment, I was liking it but like Mr. Plinkett would say, you may not have noticed it but your brain did and boy oh boy, the brain worked over night with this one.

I don't mind the anti-aircraft weaponry as if magic could exist to a point, modern weaponry can I suppose. I don't mind Missandei getting snatched for plot convenience. What has always bothered me is the dumb down of characters to facilitate the continuation of a story when there is no real need to. I know people would call D&D "frauds" or "hacks" but I do not think there are if I'm being honest. I mean, they are the ones that pitched the fking show to the GRRM ffs, clearly they know how to write.

But the constant shit decision characters make has reached a point where it is difficult for me to suspend all disbelief. That being said, 2 more episodes and I'll miss this show but I'm glad it's ending as I feel it would have gotten really bad if it continued any longer under this direction.

6.5/10, no one knows battle tactics and strategy in the North imo.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue May 07, 2019 9:15 am

dafuq was that? Laughing
Ruin Brienne- check
Ruin Jaime- check
Ruin Tormund- Nearly check (Well, despite them trying so so hard to make him come off as  a useless clown in the end, Kristofer Hivju’s charisma and acting thankfully didn’t let them, thank god)

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue May 07, 2019 10:12 am

Glory wrote:Honestly the only person I root for right now is Clegane. His scenes were the only bright spark in the episode for me. His and Sansa’s scene was nice.
Clegane and Greyworm are in a race now who will get to kill the Mountain first lol
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 07, 2019 10:20 am

Glory wrote:

dafuq was that? Laughing
Ruin Brienne- check
Ruin Jaime- check
Ruin Tormund- Nearly check (Well, despite them trying so so hard to make him come off as  a useless clown in the end, Kristofer Hivju’s charisma and acting thankfully didn’t let them, thank god)

To be fair Brienne has been in love with Jaime since season 3. Jaime always had the upper hand (excuse the pun).
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue May 07, 2019 10:29 am

GoT has greatly helped science prove once and for all and beyond any reasonable doubt  that wormholes do in fact exist. I mean, how else can you explain characters like Arya and Bronn popping up like magic and with insane ease behind the NK and inside the Lannister brothers' chamber respectively without a single soul noticing them?

Then you have Lady Mormont and Edd who turned before the NK was slayed, but strangely enough their corpses were miraculously saved later and weren't pulverized like the rest. This could be a massive breakthrough and a huge step towards proving the string theory. Because, and since there's a fundamental quantum uncertainty to nature, you can't just predict or calculate how the particle moves, where it was and how it got to be there. Brilliant writing from the GoT writers!

If they don't receive two Noble prices within a fortnight, we riot!
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue May 07, 2019 11:18 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=644yICFua_w

Yet Bronn reloads his crossbow in 0.8 seconds with one hand Proud
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue May 07, 2019 12:00 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:

To be fair Brienne has been in love with Jaime since season 3. Jaime always had the upper hand (excuse the pun).

Yea it can be argued that way, still it felt like sloppy fan service bs. Yet another reason why D&D are such mediocre writers. I mean they couldn’t have probably gotten a better way to end Brienne’s arc than that knighting and dying in war. All that talk of girl power and for what? for bending that easily to Jaime’s golden cock? Drunk or not drunk, that’s unacceptable.

I mean it wouldn’t have been that bad if Jaime didn’t just leave her like that for Cersei in the end, but now they made Brienne, the female character they had built beautifully so far, the character who defied everything feminine, reduced to a butt of sleazy sex jokes from the ‘dumbest’ man in Westeros. Rolling Eyes Reduced to a puny helpless teenager who got taken advantage of, I mean wasn’t Arya-Gendry enough for them? Shambles.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 07, 2019 12:49 pm

Brienne has been looking for love and acceptance the whole time. First with Renly and then with Jaime. She's hard and badass, and also craving acceptance.

Jaime isn't leaving her for Cersei ffs. He is going to KL to die killing Cersei.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 07, 2019 1:11 pm

M99 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=644yICFua_w

Yet Bronn reloads his crossbow in 0.8 seconds with one hand Proud

That scene was so stupid LMFAO. Bronn literally waltzed in and out of Winterfell with a giant crossbow in his hand without anyone seeing him or acknowledging him. The guy who just last season almost had Drogon killed. And the deal he made was literally useless because Tyrion and Jaime can just refuse to give him anything after proving himself untrustworthy and ready to kill them. No character development for Bronn, he was an untrustworthy cutthroat the moment we met him and still is, despite years of spending time with Jaime/Tyrion.

With that said, it's scenes like these I can forgive if the overall story is good. Which I used to do for previous seasons but just can't anymore.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next