rincon
Kaladin
Glory
McAgger
BarrileteCosmico
38 posters

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 12 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 06, 2019 4:21 am

Euron didn't seem to react though. He doesn't seem to be putting 1 and 1 together.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 12 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by McAgger Mon May 06, 2019 5:12 am

God, they are really ruining this show for me.

Euron is the worst fucking character in the show. He's just as badly written as the sand snakes. How can this fucking loser ambush them again. This guy's huge fucking armada once again creeps up on them in the middle of a bright day. And him killing a fucking dragon makes me so angry. Such lazy writing. Euron is just a cheap, terribly written, plot device to advance the story.

Jon's goodbye to Ghost was terrible.

Not showing Jon's heritage revelation to Arya and Sansa is disappointing.

There were some good parts. 1 on 1 interactions were good. I already called Dany as the final boss earlier in this thread. Looks like she'll be going full Mad King. This is better than Euron fucking Greyjoy being the last villain left. Jaime's is probably going south to kill Cersei. Cleganebowl is pretty much confirmed. I wonder who Arya will be killing down South.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 06, 2019 8:14 am

This storyline would make sense if Arya died in the battle.

Becsuse the way things are, all Jon and Daenerys have to do is wait Arya to kill Cersei, she doesn‘t even need motivation.

I gave D&D the benefit of the doubt, I hoped they had something better than an undead army up their sleeve. Instead they give us a Mad Queen storyline even though we went through this shit back in season 5.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 06, 2019 10:36 am

Episode 2 is still the best for me.

Euron's invisible fleet hitting homing missiles to Rhaegal was hilarious.

Jon's goodbye to Ghost fell flat, Ash freeing Butterfree was more emotional.

I was getting tired of the abrupt cuts and cutting away Jon's lineage to his siblings is the final straw. How could you cut that?

I said before the writers don't give a shit about lore any more, well Gendry was apparently Gendry RIVERS? For what the one season he spent in the Riverlands? I'm sure it will be justified by "oh Gendry is an illiterate, you are not making logical connections and inferences"

The way last episode showed Jaime and Brienne fighting alone against thousands of wights, you'd guess at least 90% of the army got killed. But now we see half the Unsullied and half the Northmen survived??? I think they said half the Dothraki survived too.

Mad Queen is actually surprising to me. At least no one can Dany is a Mary Sue.

Last edited by M99 on Mon May 06, 2019 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 06, 2019 10:41 am

Mad Queen is surprising because it makes no sense at all. 8 years of character development down the drain for a „shocking twist“.

Disappointing as hell.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon May 06, 2019 10:49 am

Mad Queen is what makes the most sense. Been calling Dany's bullshit from the start.

Every season she becomes more and more of a tyrant. Who is she to be claiming to be the rightful ruler of a country she's never been in. Calling Stark allegiances when the very reason she has no throne is because her dad murdered two of them and her brother took the third one.

Out.

Only claim she has to the throne is if she conquers it, just like her family. She calls Stannis and Renly usurpers when they were the rightful heirs, shits on Ned and says he is no different from the Lannisters, etc. She never knew anything about Westeros but acts like they owe her anything.

Had Jon kneel to her for her to go and fight the dead to save humanity. Like she is doing him a favor doing so.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon May 06, 2019 10:54 am

She is not as bad as Cersei or Joffrey, but she is on the edge of becoming a tyrant.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 06, 2019 11:00 am

We already went through this shit back in SEASON 5 when the Sons of the Harpy killed Barristan. She agreed to marry Hizdahr just so she doesn‘t have to kill EVERYONE with her dragons. She showed mercy again in S6 by not burning Meereen to the ground despite being attacked again. She didn‘t burn down Kings Landing when she could.

And the way they‘ve written it with Euron/Cersei being an unstoppable force just makes this turn even worse.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon May 06, 2019 11:06 am

I don't think the burning of KL is even what would make her a tyrant. It might end up being necessary. What makes her a tyrant is personality, from the beginning.

She is not a maniac like Cersei, but she sure as hell is power hungry tyrant.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 06, 2019 11:40 am

I get what they are trying to convey. Daenerys feels unwelcome at Westeros unlike Essos where she was loved by the masses. She said it herself "they don't like me this side of the sea" Also she just lost two of her children and biggest moral compasses in Jorah and Missandei. I get Urban though, it's been executed poorly and abruptly. I guess I'm relieved we're not getting a Disney ending of Jon/Dany with boatsex baby on the throne Laughing Btw Tormund saying "either a madman or king rides a dragon" was as subtle as a sledgehammer Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8K9XuPrXko

Watching these for me is self torture at this point. "Dany forgot about the Iron Fleet" Holy shit this is worse than the D&D memes make it out to be.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 06, 2019 12:12 pm

This season is basically Legends of Tomorrow (those who watch it know what I'm talking about) with a much bigger budget. And less fun to watch.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 06, 2019 12:33 pm

Wait wait wait hold up

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 12 GJScZJI

How did they get so amateurish rofl
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 06, 2019 12:45 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:We already went through this shit back in SEASON 5 when the Sons of the Harpy killed Barristan. She agreed to marry Hizdahr just so she doesn‘t have to kill EVERYONE with her dragons. She showed mercy again in S6 by not burning Meereen to the ground despite being attacked again. She didn‘t burn down Kings Landing when she could.

And the way they‘ve written it with Euron/Cersei being an unstoppable force just makes this turn even worse.

I think the point is that things have evolved and with her back between the wall and the sword her true character comes out. She started the Good Queen route and it lost her the Reach, Dorne, a dragon, half her unsullied and dothraki. She already has misgivings about her chosen path, and has expressed them to Tyrion. She shows temper throughout all seasons. Add to this seeing her closest friend beheaded and it is entirely consistent with her character that she would react with "Burn them all"

BTW a special shout out to Tyrion who did not consider Missandei's public execution when he really should have. Yet another glimpse of his incompetence. Should've been fired last season.

Personally I find the Mad Queen a much more engaging story than "Cersei bad, kill Cersei, marry Jon, live happily ever after"
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 06, 2019 12:52 pm

Tyrion has been absolutely useless and a liability for his allies. Last rmeaningful thing he did was kill Tywin. Oh and they actually mentioned Tysha and they laughed it off.

Really curious to know who the new Prince of Dorne is. What are the odds his name is never mentioned Laughing inb4darkstar
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 06, 2019 1:09 pm

Thought Tyrion and Varys' interaction was the best part of the episode. Really interested in what Varys has planned.

At this won't i won't be surprised if Arya kills Daenerys.

It was a better episode than last week's but still some of the scenes are laughable. No one saw the iron fleet with their huge banners lmao?

Incredibly accurate scorpions with semi-automatic capabilities. 3 shots killed Rhaegal but 20 shots missed Drogon? Laughing

They spent years telling us that "Daeneyrs is not her dad" and yet they are going to go for exactly that. Or that could be red herring.

who knows at this point
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 06, 2019 1:13 pm

Also, in the entire history of game of thrones lore. No scorpion or similar devce ever managed to kill a dragon because dragon scale are not penetrable.

But these dragons seem to be made out of paper Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon May 06, 2019 1:16 pm

Varys is the MVP of the series.

Suspect he is gonna get killed by Dany.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 06, 2019 1:20 pm

RealGunner wrote:Also, in the entire history of game of thrones lore. No scorpion or similar devce ever managed to kill a dragon because dragon scale are not penetrable.

But these dragons seem to be made out of paper Laughing

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 12 RRbbBPFu2YKTUL47CkIpQiH4DhK6NqBU0aSjkUG_u7s

I can't get over this. Daenerys was high in the air, she could not see a fucking fleet. Writers explain this by saying she forgot about the Iron Fleet when literally there was a war council where they discussed it. Euron's ship was behind rocks and it somehow Juninho free kicked it to Rhaegal THRICE and then 20 shots missed Drogon.

The scorpion that killed Meraxes in Dorne penetrated the eye and was a one in a million shot. But Euron with his powers of invisible cloaking, 1 second reload, and lock on targeting manages to be a dragonslayer easily.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 06, 2019 1:27 pm

Deceased mate

It's impossible for a scorpion to be placed on a ship with no after effects. A shot of that power would have made it impossible for a 2nd shot till after the boat was settled.

But Euron must have sacrificed to the drowned gods for that 100 stability stat.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 06, 2019 1:34 pm

rincon wrote:Varys is the MVP of the series.

idk, i found his stance interesting but at the same time he switches teams more often than not, and a lot of times his actions don't lead to the betterment of the "people". For instance, bringing Dany back to westeros has a 100% likelihood of making things worse for the average westerosi than letting Cersei keep the throne
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 06, 2019 1:37 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

idk, i found his stance interesting but at the same time he switches teams more often than not, and a lot of times his actions don't lead to the betterment of the "people". For instance, bringing Dany back to westeros has a 100% likelihood of making things worse for the average westerosi than letting Cersei keep the throne

I liked that Tyrion questioned "what exactly is the realm?" Varys keep talking about

Varys still has never really shown his true motivation. He wants to protect the people? he should have protected Ned Stark then lol.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon May 06, 2019 1:43 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Can't agree with that. There's no world in which the people benefit from having Cersei rule. None. She has said and made it clear so many times that she doesn't care about the people. She blew up a hole in her own capital just cause she is a vengeful idiot. She was happy to hear that the dead broke the wall and were on their way slaughtering everyone in the north.

Cersei rule = Westeros in total ruins.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon May 06, 2019 1:49 pm

RealGunner wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

I liked that Tyrion questioned "what exactly is the realm?" Varys keep talking about

Varys still has never really shown his true motivation. He wants to protect the people? he should have protected Ned Stark then lol.

Ned was hopeless, he chose to trust Littlefinger over Varys like an idiot.

He has been saying he is protecting the people since season 1.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 06, 2019 1:50 pm

This might be the greatest thing i have ever seen

@Firenze @m99

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 06, 2019 2:27 pm

rincon wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Can't agree with that. There's no world in which the people benefit from having Cersei rule. None. She has said and made it clear so many times that she doesn't care about the people. She blew up a hole in her own capital just cause she is a vengeful idiot. She was happy to hear that the dead broke the wall and were on their way slaughtering everyone in the north.

Cersei rule = Westeros in total ruins.

Obviously she is not a good ruler. But I feel like you're not taking into account enough the strife that comes from more years of civil war. Most people won't care if Cersei or Dany sit on the throne as it won't make a material difference to their lives. But a lot of them will die in the wars, a lot of them will starve because of the ruined crops and pillaging (even worse because it's winter) , etc. The best thing for an average person is for all this conflict to be over.

Also if Dany were not around there's a good chance Jon would bend the knee to get her help in the north.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon May 06, 2019 2:56 pm

Don't see any chance of Cersei going north to help Starks. She has said so often that she gives 0 fucks about everyone but her immediate family. It's not even that speculative, she was actually happy that the wall fell. Sansa called everyone an idiot for even thinking it.

If Dany is not around then the dead destroy Westeros.

Cersei is willing to kill everyone in the country as long as she remains on the throne. She attacked Highgarden to steal their gold to pay the iron bank for their war debts, just so she could borrow more money to spend on war. It's not sustainable. They've made it as clear as possible that she makes the people's lives in kings landing miserable, and that's the place she most looks after.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next