rincon
Kaladin
Glory
McAgger
BarrileteCosmico
38 posters

Page 7 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 7 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Glory Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:49 pm

So yea purely as an experience, as a visceral fking roller coaster of emotions, the episode was simply epic. Top top stuff. The chaos, the fear, the sheer madness were beautifully depicted. It is how it is supposed to be. Fighting the dead.
But beyond that tho. It was a mess sadly. Plot armour was just. lol. How can they show Fat Sam fight and literally lose every single time in every fight and then have him alive in the end, man?
Also Tyrion, why you do these great buildups to characters, make us feel that they are about to do something, something epic and old Game of Thrones-y to only shatter those expectations later. Scrubsa uttered a couple of 'clever' lines and thats it? He is quiet and all obedient? Tyrion Lannister is dead to me now. A character absolutely destroyed if you take his arc from season 1 to season 8.

Anyway, not expecting much now in the last 3 episodes. As aI said, just cant get excited about the prospect of a final battle against ffking Cersei.
Shoutout to Lady Mormont, Berric Dondarion and Melinsssandre. Good to see Arya finishing off NK but it should have been in the last episode, not with three to go.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 7 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Glory Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:00 pm

One last thing, if Melisandre had known it all along, about Arya, wouldnt she be by her side, instead of pretenders like Stannis, Jon and Dany? Wouldnt she be protecting Arya and helping her on her quests and stuff if she was the prince(ss) who was promised?

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:10 pm

The last 25 minutes are sooooo good man especially when the piano score starts :bow:, that’s the Rhaegal / Viserion fight, NK smirking at Dany, Jon getting ready to 1v1 the NK only to have him raise the dead, Jon fighting his way to the Godswood, Tyrion/Sansa moment, Jon trying to kill a wounded Viserion, Theon‘s death scene and finally Arya killing the NK.

Overall this episode was damn epic, one of the greatest I‘ve ever seen in any show..

I agree with Glory though, this should‘ve been the penultimate episode of the series and Cersei should‘ve been dealt with last season leaving more time for the White Walkers. It‘s a shame the writers listened to those that wanted the show to „return back to it’s roots“ which was politics. But Game of Thrones became the greatest show of all time in S4 when action was at it’s peak. At least that‘s my opinion.

With that said, I‘ll give them the benefit of the doubt and maybe there is a reason they went this way. If they can provide with a better storyline then I salute them.

Last edited by urbaNRoots on Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:12 pm

Well.... I was disappointed.
D&D are poor showrunners confirmed.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:48 pm

it would be huge disappointment if cersei is a final boss. it would be equally bad as well if this night king fight was last episode, not everything have to end with 10000vs10000 fight, lol this isn't harry potter/lotr.

the plot should be something much thicker, maybe spin sth out of bran was lord of the light etc, pinning all the dot from all seasons yet havent been figured out by fan yet, dont think it's possible, but i personally would like sth like that.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:57 pm

The last episode is not a fight episode.

The last fight is episode 5
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:03 pm

I'm surprised how pessimistic most of you seem to be with all the memes I've seen on twitter i thought it would be more roundly praised on here.

Although i haven't watched since season 2 so i can't really comment lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:07 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'm surprised how pessimistic most of you seem to be with all the memes I've seen on twitter i thought it would be more roundly praised on here.

Although i haven't watched since season 2 so i can't really comment lol.

There's been one universally liked episode for five years in here tbf.

This is on the more positive end of the spectrum.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:12 pm

Laughing Fair enough.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:17 pm

Yeah I think too many people here read /r/asoiaf which is full of snobby / bitter book readers who love to nitpick every small detail in the show but love everything about the books.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:23 pm

@M99 @Freeza

So yeah just watched the game revealed of episode 3 and they talk about the dagger. They show us the scene when Sam is reading the book about dragonglass in the citadel and it has the sketch of the dagger, which was Aegon's and contains both Valyrian steel (magic) and dragonglass.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:25 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Yeah I think too many people here read /r/asoiaf which is full of snobby / bitter book readers who love to nitpick every small detail in the show but love everything about the books.

Nah friend, I don't even know how to use reddit.
D&D left logic out of the door, and now they're going for an ending which is part "surprising", yet ultimately pissing on all of the many potential grandiose outcomes that were there to explore and conclude on.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:25 pm

Kaladin wrote:
Freeza wrote:Let me ask instead. What should've happened with the long night?

Are you mad that every character didn't die, and the Night King didn't win?

Thats exactly what should’ve happened

Instead they opted for a ‘safe’ outcome, no way in hell would GRRM write this shit

Then the NK would march for Kings Landing, obliterate Cersei and the last scene is him sitting on the iron throne?

idk if I'd like this ending
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:32 pm

I wouldn't have minded the "humanity's search for political power is damning, selfish and foolish so Death (Night King) kills everyone" ending. Will probably be a better idea than what will actually happen, but we'll see.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:38 pm

I never browsed r/asoiaf lol, D&D are just terrible
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:38 pm

Is "and then everyone died" really an interesting form of telling a story just because it's not expected?

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:41 pm

Freeza wrote:Is "and then everyone died" really an interesting form of telling a story just because it's not expected?

If they relate it to humanity's search for ruling over others is foolish or for any other logical reason, then yea, why not.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:44 pm

Everyone dies is just as bad as everyone lives happily after.

I think they had the right idea with this episode, it just should‘ve been the second last episode with more consequences and with a long last episode serving as an epilogue instead of this set up for another battle with humans.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:46 pm

Kaladin wrote:I never browsed r/asoiaf lol, D&D are just terrible

The showrunners of one of the most successful shows of all time are terrible? The winners of how many Emmys now? The guys who were selected to run a bunch of new films for an ever bigger franchise in Star Wars?

Sure, they are terrible Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:46 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Freeza wrote:Is "and then everyone died" really an interesting form of telling a story just because it's not expected?

If they relate it to humanity's search for ruling over others is foolish or for any other logical reason, then yea, why not.

Killing them all would've shown that even if humans strive towards a more just and rightful way to govern and treat each other, then it wouldn't matter, because we'll fail either way.

By having them beat the NK and win against Cersei and show how to be more humane, they'll achieve what you seek.

I think killing everyone would lazy and wouldn't make sense from any kind of storytelling sense.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:50 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:

The showrunners of one of the most successful shows of all time are terrible? The winners of how many Emmys now? The guys who were selected to run a bunch of new films for an ever bigger franchise in Star Wars?

Seasons 1-4 are successful
Source material from the books are successful
D&D are not
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:51 pm

Kaladin wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

Seasons 1-4 are successful
Source material from the books are successful
D&D are not

Seasons 4-8 are more successful than seasons 1-3. And in S4 the show starts to deviate from the books.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:53 pm

Anyone saying source material deserves full credit for anything succesful regarding to tv and movies Laughing Can't even
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:58 pm

I really enjoyed the episode but felt somewhat underwhelmed by the last 20 minutes or so.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:01 pm

Freeza wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

Killing them all would've shown that even if humans strive towards a more just and rightful way to govern and treat each other, then it wouldn't matter, because we'll fail either way.

By having them beat the NK and win against Cersei and show how to be more humane, they'll achieve what you seek.

I think killing everyone would lazy and wouldn't make sense from any kind of storytelling sense.

But staying on this topic, how do we know how Dany and Jon's reign will go? Will it truly be better than what has gone down in Westeros for the past centuries? Obviously we won't be shown that because the show is ending, but logically thinking in every civilisation and ruling there will always be a minority that are cast aside and mistreated, hence the fuck political power angle would have made sense imo.

Also @Kaladin makes a fair point, he is just being too extreme with it. In previous seasons many of us have complained about how loose the overall storytelling has become. To me, and I was under the impression a lot of you as well, it became clear that the source material held a lot of the show's storytelling firm and together.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:04 pm

Freeza wrote:I still have no idea why people thought he ought to be some kind of 3D mastermind. He’s just an unstoppable force archetype

People read too much into GRRM's hype about subverting expectations (nevermind the show hasn't done that for 3 years) and having everyone be a shade of grey character (nevermind things have gotten an awfully lot more black and white lately) that they expected the NK to go that route.

It still might in the books, but in the show it was rather obvious they weren't going to go there. Even if they wanted to, there was no way to do it justice with just 6 episodes this season.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next