Myesyats
Thimmy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
RealGunner
23 posters

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 20 Empty Re: Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition)

Post by rincon Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:18 pm

Lucifer wrote:Velen is love. Novigrad is also very good. Skellige however can be irritating due to the topography. I personally did not enjoy skellige whatsoever.

After so many human stories in the city I did enjoy the drastically different style in Skellige. The quest to kill the ice giant was very cool, with all the sirens, the mad jarl building the ship, the ice troll in the forge, etc. Same for things like the cursed werewolf-like monster in the sacred garden.

I did some Skellige mixed in with some Novigrad too instead of doing all of Novigrad first. I probably shouldn't have though, it kind of screwed the narrative flow a bit.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 20 Empty Re: Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition)

Post by rincon Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:03 am

Did some more stuff in Skellige, really loving this part. For a good moment i thought I did the worst thing I've ever done in a video game Laughing it's a feeling unique to Witcher decisions

Spoiler:
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:06 am

rincon wrote:
Lucifer wrote:Velen is love. Novigrad is also very good. Skellige however can be irritating due to the topography. I personally did not enjoy skellige whatsoever.

After so many human stories in the city I did enjoy the drastically different style in Skellige. The quest to kill the ice giant was very cool, with all the sirens, the mad jarl building the ship, the ice troll in the forge, etc. Same for things like the cursed werewolf-like monster in the sacred garden.

I did some Skellige mixed in with some Novigrad too instead of doing all of Novigrad first. I probably shouldn't have though, it kind of screwed the narrative flow a bit.

Agree with this, i loved Skellige too for pretty much the same reasons. I can see why travelling through it can annoy some but i personally didn't care.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:55 pm

I got the complete edition for less than 15$ seems a fair deal :coffee:

I love the game scenery and probably i'll spend a lot of hours on it. But i find my character Geralt a bit robotic, his movements are not fluid at all, that would be my main critic.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:33 pm

I have to replay it ffs

From what i remember people had issues with bugs, roach appearing in random places, on top of buildings etc. Horses never glitched out in RDR2 iirc, i never compared these two games in that aspect though

But ultimately the glitches weren't nearly as awful as in Cyberpunk
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:09 pm

Ah, yes

Whenever i am in a fight and Roach is nearby, if i dodge, Geralt tries to mount him Laughing

Also is there any importance to the quests i failed in White Orchard ? Well technically i did not fail them but i started a quest which lead me in a castle and now i'm in another area. They could have warned me ffs. Now i am very low level and getting wrecked easily by monsters lvl 9
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:31 am

Awesome game. I started like a month ago but i really dive into the game this week. I finish some side quests in Novigrad before heading to the Skellige Islands for main story. Then i have Duchy of Toussaint and Kaer Morhen which are the 2 extensions i think ?

Some glitches here and there but they don't ruin the experience. I rate A for now and possibly A+ if it maintains the same quality

The gourmet perk makes me almost invincible lol i eat 1 olive and nobody can finish me. I play on hard and i died maybe 3 times since i discovered it. Before that it was actually very hard.

The environment is very immersive, especially in Velen but Novigrad is also a splendid city. A mix of Solitude and Venezia 2 of my favorite video games cities. I am hooked by the witcher universe in general. Will watch the series on Netflix and maybe read the books.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:40 am

You'll want to do the side quests, Warrior - in case, you've been skipping them. The side quests really are in a class of their own. I don't believe I've played another game where the side quests outshine the main story. Not all of them are great, but a lot of them are.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:00 am

I've done a few already. The serial killer in Novigrad is my latest completion. Well it's unclear sometimes if a quest is part of the main story or a side quest.

The game is very rich and proposing a lot. There are many storylines to follow, all interesting so far. I estimate 20-25 hours of play already it feels like 75% of the game is yet to explore.

Rarely do i laugh in video games yet this mission where i decided to force the Bloody Baron to carry his baby (or whatever the fuck that was) and he is disgusted i was chuckling. Some comments by NPCs are funny too. The voices are amazing i love this accent and vocabulary.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:01 pm

After Returnal consumed all my (limited) gaming time, I'm back on witcher.

Tying up some lose ends before finishing the story.

How much of the Witcher gear quests did you guys do? I'm tracking the upgrades for Cat school. Cool plotting told through the letters and diaries at each step. The amount of stories in this game is staggering. Also the master blacksmith/armorer quests were cool with plenty of unexpected turns.

I'm also back in Novigrad doing more of the quests that I left behind, some great stuff.

Still one of my favorite things is roaming outside the city witchering around and killing monsters through contracts.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:00 pm

rincon wrote:After Returnal consumed all my (limited) gaming time, I'm back on witcher.

Tying up some lose ends before finishing the story.

How much of the Witcher gear quests did you guys do? I'm tracking the upgrades for Cat school. Cool plotting told through the letters and diaries at each step. The amount of stories in this game is staggering. Also the master blacksmith/armorer quests were cool with plenty of unexpected turns.

I'm also back in Novigrad doing more of the quests that I left behind, some great stuff.

Still one of my favorite things is roaming outside the city witchering around and killing monsters through contracts.

iirc I did all of them. My favorite is Viper. I actually like its simplicity

But all of Cat, Wolf and Bear are great too. I dont like griffin

damn i gotta replay this game, now that i feel this void after finishing season 2...i'll go for the wolven set this time i think
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:26 pm

imo coolest outfit by far, although not really an armor

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 20 52525210
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:32 am

Finished Witcher 3, almost have the platinum except for the death march trophy and stuff like the 50 headshots. Did all the contracts, most of the side quests (all the big ones), got all the cards, got the gear set, reached lvl 34. Awesome experience.

Loved the whole last act segment. Really liked the ending I got.
Spoiler:

Will have to play the DLCs at some point.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:09 pm

There truly was nothing left for me when I was done with Witcher though I didn't hunt for trophies and haven't since I crossed to this gen (last gen).

The expansions are basically perfect. HoS with its story and B&W for its land and lore along with its distinct atmosphere as its just beautiful. Hope you can get to it soon.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:53 am

Those treasure hunts Cat school, Wolf school etc. are a bit of a mess Laughing

Currently at Kaer Morhen, i progress slow in the main story because i did hundreds of other things and a thousand more to come it seems. Can't wait to explore the city and surroundings in Toussaint eventually.

I play on Hard and at this point the game is easy i regret not choosing the highest difficulty. Now the platinum is off, i won't do a second playthrough, not that the game don't deserve it is just very long.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:35 pm

Really dislike the ending i got

Spoiler:

I saved just before the final battle but from what i understand the ending is determined much before and it's pointless to replay the fight...
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:39 pm

Warrior wrote:Really dislike the ending i got

Spoiler:

I saved just before the final battle but from what i understand the ending is determined much before and it's pointless to replay the fight...

Yea ending is determined by your choices throughout and specially in the last 3-4 missions. You got the WORST ending out of all lmao.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:54 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Warrior wrote:Really dislike the ending i got

Spoiler:

Yea ending is determined by your choices throughout and specially in the last 3-4 missions. You got the WORST ending out of all lmao.

And i thought mine was bad Laughing

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:40 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:42 pm

About time.

Hopefully set in a completely new universe with new characters and a new Witcher. Geralt's universe is done to death. Since it's not based on a book they can take it anywhere they want.

UE5 will help them massively. Can't wait to play this in 2028
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:51 pm

cyberpunk was the biggest disappointment ever, shaken muh faith in them a bit. Hope they learn to let this one take as long as it needs.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:58 pm

Do you think it will be a story centered around Ciri or rather a create your own character and choose which witcher school to be part of type of thing (when all the witcher schools were at their height more or less)

Someone mentioned the announcement came on the first day of spring which could mean a swallow as in the bird which would mean Zirael so that train of thought would lead to Ciri
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:48 pm

Finished it all, expansions included

Heart of stone expansion was not particularly interesting, but decent i guess. Blood and wine was amazing !!

A+ game i only have minor annoyances such as ridiculous fall damage or the weapons needing repair all the time

Might buy Elden Ring next or play one of the other 50 games i have already stored and never played
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:12 pm

Myesyats wrote:Do you think it will be a story centered around Ciri or rather a create your own character and choose which witcher school to be part of type of thing (when all the witcher schools were at their height more or less)

Someone mentioned the announcement came on the first day of spring which could mean a swallow as in the bird which would mean Zirael so that train of thought would lead to Ciri

I personally hope it's a new witcher in a new universe separate from all the existing characters as there is nothing to explore with them anymore. They are done to death. Don't mind if it's create your own character or a specific witcher but just want it to be a new world.

I don't think they are calling it TW4 so I doubt it's Ciri. They are claiming a new saga. But if the game is anything like TW3 then it will be good.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:44 am

The medallion in the announcement post looks like a cat, so I'm guessing the protagonist is gonna be a Witcher from School of Cat.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:10 am

So this will have nothing to do with Witcher, just another modern milking attempt. Most of the developers left after finishing Witcher, isn't based on books and new engine, which will force it to be different. Who the hell would want to play game because of Witcher mechanics only? And because this is shared project with Epic, I expect a lot of woke in the game too.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next