Myesyats
Thimmy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
RealGunner
23 posters

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 19 Empty Re: Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition)

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 26, 2021 10:22 am

Myesyats wrote:Still the best game I played to date.

yet to play RDR2 and TLOU2 though, but I doubt they'll top that eventhough i love both series.

You should definitely play RDR2 when you have the chance, my favourite game of all time. TLOU2 is great as well, but does not compare to these 2 beasts.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 19 Empty Re: Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition)

Post by Myesyats Wed May 26, 2021 10:31 am

I will, i will. Already have RDR2 lying on the shelf. RDR1 was amazing but that was so long ago. I'm waiting for the right moment as to enjoy it as much as possible since these days theres not many games i have fun playing, Horizon is decent but I dropped it rather quickly because its not in my taste.

Witcher3 is my fav though because it's polish folklore and polish devs.

Last edited by Myesyats on Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 26, 2021 2:51 pm

@rincon Hope you got the GOTY edition with the two expansions. Best paid DLC of last gen.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed May 26, 2021 3:37 pm

M99 wrote:@rincon Hope you got the GOTY edition with the two expansions. Best paid DLC of last gen.

Do they affect the main game itself? or are they expansions after the story?

I have the regular version.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 26, 2021 5:06 pm

The DLC s are significant additions some consider to be even better than the main game (allowing for differences in scope and so on)
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed May 26, 2021 5:40 pm

Yes I want to play them eventually. What I mean with my question if it's interwoven within the main game and changes it, or if it's just extra quests to play at the end?

I don't want to play longer and have to restart with the DLC downloaded if it's the first case.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 26, 2021 5:59 pm

rincon wrote:Yes I want to play them eventually. What I mean with my question if it's interwoven within the main game and changes it, or if it's just extra quests to play at the end?

I don't want to play longer and have to restart with the DLC downloaded if it's the first case.

Neither?

Think of it as a DLC sold as separate games. For example Uncharted: the lost legacy.

The DLC isn't linked to the main story but they aren't just extra quests either. They are like a full two small games.

You should be fine playing them after the main game. Won't need to go back.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 26, 2021 6:24 pm

Its better to play them after the main game because the recommended quest level and enemy levels are higher.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 27, 2021 1:40 am

Yeah i don't advise playing them before finishing the main game.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:31 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Yeah i don't advise playing them before finishing the main game.

Is it possible to play the dlcs before finishing the main game? I thought they required a high level going into them
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:15 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Yeah i don't advise playing them before finishing the main game.

Is it possible to play the dlcs before finishing the main game? I thought they required a high level going into them

Yeah it is. It is also extremely difficult as any tom dick and harry can almost one shot you. Laughing

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:44 am

You can do it yeah it's just not really a good idea for a bunch of reasons.

Mainly because it spoils the story at various points lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:00 pm

https://www.inputmag.com/gaming/video-game-voice-ai-human-actors-witcher-3-mod-controversy

Interesting mod and controversy around it. Geralt sounds pretty close to the real thing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:21 pm

This part of 'AI taking our jobs' was something i never thought about. Interesting debate. Game developers can save a ton but should they?

I mean can people copyright their own voice?

This could be great for indie developers though those who can't afford voice actors in their games but this might give them new opportunities to compete with the elites
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:31 pm

Yeah I could see some company creating voice packages that devs could just tap in to in the future, totally cutting voice actors out.

Imagine for translating foreign films/anime too, seems like a powerful technology
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:02 pm

I'm about 1000 hours into witcher 3 and can tell there are about 1000 hours left still Laughing

I have to say so far I prefer W2 a lot more. This game had an excellent start and was completely hooked with the stories in Velen, with the cursed tower, the crones, the Baron and his family. Prime Witcher stuff. Then things really grind to a halt in Novigrad. Its probably to do with the way I played the game, trying to do too much, but the pacing just isn't great in this portion imo. An infinite amount of quests sprawling from Novigrad with fewer narrative and gameplay highs. A lot less "witchering" too since monster are very absent.

Some cool stuff there was the stuff with the godling, meeting up with Roche, Triss, Thaler, and everything to do with Dijkstra (best new character for sure). If all of this cool stuff had been a more tightly packaged I would have loved it. Too much filler imo. Less so in Skellige, it was a good break after Novigrad, the change in atmosphere was very necessary and felt more streamlined.

Heading to Kaer Morhen soon I think.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:24 pm

1000 hours and not even to Kaer morhen Laughing

Maybe your pacing problems are a tad bit self inflicted
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:32 pm

Novigrad despite the tangible atmosphere, culture and interesting missions definitely wasnt one of my favourites. Likely you're not enjoying it because the cityscape basically restricts you given cities are basically grids along with the political story based missions and it doesnt feel like Witcher at most times. I bet the ones used to the story 1-2 to the books would appreciate Novigrad more.

Keep at it as it really picks up by HoS and Blood and Wine.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:00 pm

1000 hours is an exaggeration Laughing

It is a long game though and I haven't done nearly everything. Tried to do all the quests which contain more story (as far as I could tell) and some contracts that look cool, plus gwent stuff
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:25 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Novigrad despite the tangible atmosphere, culture and interesting missions definitely wasnt one of my favourites. Likely you're not enjoying it because the cityscape basically restricts you given cities are basically grids along with the political story based missions and it doesnt feel like Witcher at most times. I bet the ones used to the story 1-2 to the books would appreciate Novigrad more.

Oh I'm not thinking of dropping it, I'm enjoying it. Just that Witcher 2 was incredible and the hype for 3 meant expectations were sky high.

It's not that Novigrad wasn't interesting, it's that it's really long and packed with things to do. I did a lot and yet I feel like that there is still plenty I will be leaving behind. It's just a taste thing as I'm sure for others this huge amount of content is only a plus. For me I generally prefer a tighter narrative and not getting lost in side quests as much. I have to pick up the pace more and deny my completionist self.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:25 pm

rincon wrote:1000 hours is an exaggeration Laughing

It is a long game though and I haven't done nearly everything. Tried to do all the quests which contain more story (as far as I could tell) and some contracts that look cool, plus gwent stuff
With this game you never know Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:16 am

rincon wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Novigrad despite the tangible atmosphere, culture and interesting missions definitely wasnt one of my favourites. Likely you're not enjoying it because the cityscape basically restricts you given cities are basically grids along with the political story based missions and it doesnt feel like Witcher at most times. I bet the ones used to the story 1-2 to the books would appreciate Novigrad more.

Oh I'm not thinking of dropping it, I'm enjoying it. Just that Witcher 2 was incredible and the hype for 3 meant expectations were sky high.

It's not that Novigrad wasn't interesting, it's that it's really long and packed with things to do. I did a lot and yet I feel like that there is still plenty I will be leaving behind. It's just a taste thing as I'm sure for others this huge amount of content is only a plus. For me I generally prefer a tighter narrative and not getting lost in side quests as much. I have to pick up the pace more and deny my completionist self.

Ive heard many who prefer the tighter W2 over part III even if III was the best.

Novigrad is no doubt stellar just does not compare to the open detailed and free roaming of the Velen plains to Skellige. Cant wait till you experience Touissant even if it feels quite different to Witcher themes.

But speaking of fillers goes for many RPGs (Ubisoft) but not Witcher 3 for it has easily the best side-quests of any game for all of them are unique and purposeful.

We both agreed on our completionist side and it resulted in an absurd amount of time spent in this game to the point I completed quite literally anything you can do in the game where leaving the game just felt emotional, despite it being a video game. Its a curse I consider it by now but with Witcher I felt it was fulfilling.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:16 pm

I think the general consensus is that Velen is by far the best part of the game. Not that Novigrad is bad (it's great) however the atmosphere and the spirit of the game and the world is best captured in Velen.

I don't think i have seen a better display of a war torn place than Velen in any game.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:38 pm

Velen is love. Novigrad is also very good. Skellige however can be irritating due to the topography. I personally did not enjoy skellige whatsoever.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:15 pm

RealGunner wrote:I think the general consensus is that Velen is by far the best part of the game. Not that Novigrad is bad (it's great) however the atmosphere and the spirit of the game and the world is best captured in Velen.

I don't think i have seen a better display of a war torn place than Velen in any game.

Yeah Velen was some GOAT stuff. The quest line with the Baron was incredible, that has to be some absolute GOAT character narrative in rpgs in general. The decision with the forest spirit had me split. Same with the cursed tower tower in island. The consequences of that were a prime witcher moment of lamenting myself for trying to always be "the good guy". The sorceress stuff with the elf. Thaler and the trolls. Vampires. Etc. Etc.

Last edited by rincon on Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:18 pm

Lucifer wrote:Velen is love. Novigrad is also very good. Skellige however can be irritating due to the topography. I personally did not enjoy skellige whatsoever.

After so many human stories in the city I did enjoy the drastically different style in Skellige. The quest to kill the ice giant was very cool, with all the sirens, the mad jarl building the ship, the ice troll in the forge, etc. Same for things like the cursed werewolf-like monster in the sacred garden.

I did some Skellige mixed in with some Novigrad too instead of doing all of Novigrad first. I probably shouldn't have though, it kind of screwed the narrative flow a bit.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next