urbaNRoots
Vlad the Impaler
BarcaLearning
Chumlum
Firenze
82 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 39 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club

Post by futbol_bill Tue May 23, 2023 1:57 am

Naive one, take a good read of what you just responded and then reread your initial post! You should find you are actually speaking to yourself! Pedram’s response was perfect!!,

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 39 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club

Post by BarcaLearning Tue May 23, 2023 7:09 am

Yea, come on admins, this Pedram poster been doing this sort of thing for a long time now, n now bills joined him, pretty funny stuff from some of the Real fans... too bad, some are decent...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 pm

He finally got the CL monkey off his back. All it took is adding a cheat code of a striker to the most expensive squad ever assembled and for all his direct opponents to be in decline or transition mode.

Inter: Weakest finalist in the modern era.
Madrid: Washed squad running on fumes, will probably finish 14 points behind a mediocre Barcelona.
Bayern: Weakest version since 2008-2009, will probably lose the league to an average Dortmund.

No shade tho, winning by attrition and outlasting your rivals is still commendable :coffee:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed May 24, 2023 6:04 pm

you can only play who is in front of you. Not his fault that other teams didn't rush for the Haaland sweepstakes or that inter worked hard to reach the finals
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 24, 2023 6:21 pm

farfan wrote:He finally got the CL monkey off his back. All it took is adding a cheat code of a striker to the most expensive squad ever assembled and for all his direct opponents to be in decline or transition mode.

Madrid: Washed squad running on fumes, will probably finish 14 points behind a mediocre Barcelona.
Bayern: Weakest version since 2008-2009, will probably lose the league to an average Dortmund.

No shade tho, winning by attrition and outlasting your rivals is still commendable :coffee:

eh they probably win last year too if not for that Madrid miracle against them
Haaland was pretty much a nonfactor in this recent tie
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed May 24, 2023 6:32 pm

El Gunner wrote:
farfan wrote:He finally got the CL monkey off his back. All it took is adding a cheat code of a striker to the most expensive squad ever assembled and for all his direct opponents to be in decline or transition mode.

eh they probably win last year too if not for that Madrid miracle against them
Haaland was pretty much a nonfactor in this recent tie

Nah the opposite actually, Haaland being tightly marked helped KDB and Silva to operate more freely.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed May 24, 2023 6:34 pm

Solskjaer pushed Man United to sign Haaland years ago and they declined.

Honestly if your recruitment is braindead theres no amount of money that can save you.

Pep brings out the best in every player. Akanji is such a beast, no team in Europe was even after him.

Borussia fans were literally saying "ssshhh don't tell them" when City were signing Akanji, they said he'd be a backup at City. Now he's a cemented starter and an unbelievable CB
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed May 24, 2023 6:34 pm

City already won the UCL, I love it.

No one is even talking about Inter or the fact the game is yet to be played.

Would be absolutely epic if Inter sneaks a win Laughing Guardiola legacy ded
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed May 24, 2023 7:22 pm

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 39 348942870_302376272117757_1258792838850199499_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=ZMcQbTAKN14AX9QaZnk&_nc_ht=scontent.fpoz3-1
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed May 24, 2023 8:55 pm

Vibe wrote:City already won the UCL, I love it.

No one is even talking about Inter or the fact the game is yet to be played.

Would be absolutely epic if Inter sneaks a win Laughing Guardiola legacy ded

Unreal disrespect. Inter will win imo
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed May 24, 2023 11:32 pm

Lol farfans posts are getting worst n worst, the anti-Barca/Pep sentiment as always, n obessessive n still he same after all these years.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed May 24, 2023 11:57 pm

Roberto Di Zerbi “I became a coach for because of Pep Guardiola. I love his Barcelona. I studied him a lot. I don’t love to copy and I didn’t copy but I took when I started to be a coach.”

Most of the rising top coaches talk about him like this, but there's people who want to put asterisks next to his legacy. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu May 25, 2023 12:01 am

I'm just sticking to the agenda, too late for backtracking at this point :coffee:

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon May 29, 2023 10:59 pm

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue May 30, 2023 12:38 am

Bernardo Silva has perhaps become my favorite player at Man City. I genuinely hope that he ends up anywhere else than at Barca. Players who are as industrious and skillful as he is are incredibly rare. Consistent, hard working, understands the game so, so well and would be useful to any team.

I'd go as far as to say that Man City likely wouldn't have won the league if it wasn't for him. When they were going through a slump in form earlier in the season, his work rate effectively compensated for their general lack of it. And this is the guy who everyone knew wanted a move away from the club before the season started.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue May 30, 2023 1:54 pm

My question Thimmy is why would he leave?

Apparently Barca’s plans are limited to just three players; Messi, Gundogan and Iñigo Martinez.

To get Messi, there have to be several sales. That means, no money for Silva nor others and also means a hefty increase in average age on club. They will have a competitive starting lineup, be it older, but remain with a very thin or weak bench. All that means in long run is competitive in liga, but little depth means they will be weak in Europe again.

As to Man City, other than motivation, there is nothing Pep is lacking to continue their dominance. No other club anywhere is close to them, even if all speculative deals materialize.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue May 30, 2023 5:46 pm

futbol_bill wrote:My question Thimmy is why would he leave?

Apparently Barca’s plans are limited to just three players; Messi, Gundogan and Iñigo Martinez.

To get Messi, there have to be several sales. That means, no money for Silva nor others and also means a hefty increase in average age on club. They will have a competitive starting lineup, be it older, but remain with a very thin or weak bench. All that means in long run is competitive in liga, but little depth means they will be weak in Europe again.

As to Man City, other than motivation, there is nothing Pep is lacking to continue their dominance. No other club anywhere is close to them, even if all speculative deals materialize.

I really don't know, he hasn't specified the reason as far as I'm aware. I don't know why he wanted to leave before the season started either. Maybe he just wants a change of scenery.

As for Man City, I think their main sources of dominance are their resources and Txiki Begiristain's eye for talent and negotiation. Pep typically gets all of the credit for their success, but when you have a sporting director who's able to acquire top talent on such a consistent basis, you obviously have a really strong foundation for success.

That said, Kevin De Bruyne had a slow start to the season and is about to turn 32. His drop in consistency reminds me of how CR7 started having slow starts for us when he was around the same age. I think they'll be fine without the likes of Gundogan and Mahrez, but De Bruyne is as important to them as Modric used to be for us. When his consistency declines, they decline. Being forced to replace both him and Bernardo Silva is going to hurt them.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue May 30, 2023 10:29 pm

A year ago, I think there were issues with his playing time! With how the season ended with Silva being their best forward, I suspect that viewpoint might have changed, plus last season, Barca were in heavy pursuit of him. But I think the financial situation has really hit home this time around, particularly with possible return of Messi and the stated financial needs the club must adhere to. My statement of only the three signings is coming from club itself. So I really doubt if Silva is leaving City.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:00 pm

First manager to win two trebles.

After a long wait, he finally gets his third CL.

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:06 pm

He is eternal Molenation
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:08 pm

It only took over a billion in squad investment and a gazillion financial infractions, but he finally got there Proud
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:10 pm

farfan wrote:It only took over a billion in squad investment and a gazillion financial infractions, but he finally got there Proud

Messi World Cup and Pep's second treble in the same season. It's okay Farfan, it's okay.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:15 pm

Casciavit wrote:
farfan wrote:It only took over a billion in squad investment and a gazillion financial infractions, but he finally got there Proud

Messi World Cup and Pep's second treble in the same season. It's okay Farfan, it's okay.

and Barca's La Liga

probably the best season ever for Peptards
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:23 pm

I became a basketball fan these past few months and the team I picked is one win away from clinching the title.

It may not look like it, but this is actually a good sports year for me :coffee:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:17 am

I never thought i'd say this but...

Thank you, Fraud

To be clear his status remains as a Fraud in my eyes, given the means in which he achieved this treble.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:44 pm

Kaladin wrote:I never thought i'd say this but...

Thank you, Fraud

To be clear his status remains as a Fraud in my eyes, given the means in which he achieved this treble.

what means did he take to achieve it? with me as long as you win, you win. the only time i can ever question a team's methods is if they used steroids and/or were involved in a bribery or match fixing scandal of some sort...….cough...cough...Marseille (sorry sportsczy, but they've got so many question marks about their title).

the ambition has to be admired, you don't win titles by twiddling your thumbs, not taking risks and being penny wise pound foolish. its why city have won this title and a treble before arsenal (sorry arsenal). if by his means, you're talking about spending money, u need to spend money. i also admire psg's ambition as well tbh. i'd much prefer that than having a great team and selling all ure good players to rivals.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next