urbaNRoots
Vlad the Impaler
BarcaLearning
Chumlum
Firenze
82 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 31 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club

Post by Winter is Coming Fri May 14, 2021 12:01 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Cas, you really need to grow up and stop labeling everybody a hater just because they don't agree with you. And please stop bringing up the SAF comparison because it's completely ridiculous.

A hater would never say Pep is a very good coach. I literally said I think he's an amazing coach. What more should I say? Drop to my knees and give him head?!

Seriously, he's a very good coach, but he's lacking in certain departments, and that's a fact whether you like it or not. You don't disappear from the CL Winners list for a decade despite spending millions and you expect people not to highlight that fact when he finally comes up after the competition regressed.

He inherited treble-winning Heyneckes' Bayern and he did jack shit with them in the CL. He had a strong enough squad to go toe-to-toe with Ancelotti, yet he bent over backwards and got roflstomped 5-0 on agg. And you have the nerve to ask what he could've done against them? Then he lost to Barça, and then to Atlético, then to Monaco, then to Liverpool, then to Spurs, then to Lyon. I guess he couldn't have done anything against those as well? hein?

And now after everybody has terribly regressed, he finally makes it to the final and we're supposed to give him a standing ovation? Sorry not doing that.

You're exactly proving Cas point here. What team in the CL didn't benefit from either luck or other teams regressing?

Barcelona: In Pep era we were up against Wenger banter Aresnal, Yo-Yo Madrid spending 100s of million to get KO'ed by Lyon and Bayern who were called chokers by many people in that era, the only team I hated facing was Chelsea becuase they were are bogey team and we beat them in 09 with a lot of luck on our side. 2015 we faced City (who in one leg missed Kompany and Aguero), PSG who missed Veratti and Ibra, Bayern who were without Robben, Ribery and lewa was playing with a broken jaw, we had Juve in the final without Chellini.

Real Madrid: 2014 you faced a Bayern team who was on the downward at the point in regressing in CL even under Pep, which followed under Ancelotti and Kovac, it followed by us becoming a meme and choke masters, Juve and Atleti who are European chokers and further teams regressed.

Bayern: 2013 they took on Conte Juve just enetering CL, Wenger Arsenal, Barcelona without a manager, and Dortmund that was the start of Klopp decline with them, 2020, they took us on again chokers, Madrid were declining, City were City, and PSG were PSG.

Yet nothing? And you want to try to use it as some way to put * on Pep City CL campaign? This is Cas point goal post are moving insanely here, every CL team has benefited from teams declining, or simply with some luck be it ref decisions, key players missing, hell even this run of City is married by luck, Dortmund being denied a perfectly legal goal, questionable PK, 2 fluke goals against PSG, Mbappe not 100% in the first leg and missing the second leg, and even if they or Chelsea win the final it'll also be to some decision or one of there players having a brain fart moment.

Personally I'm one of the one that admits Pep can screw up CL ties a lot, however I also feel we do at times exggrate his CL exits, in 2012 Messi missed a vital PK which could've sent him to another CL final, 2016 they had Atleti against ropes, missed a lot of chances and Muller missed a PK, Spurs in 2019, Aguero missed a PK and Laporte made 2 defensive blunders which saw Spurs score 2 goals, hell even Llorente goal scored as a hand ball, but the ref didn't call it. This is exactly how KO rounds work, luck, decision, etc. play a role, when Varane made this mistake last year against City generally people online blamed him called him overrated. Laporte does this, Pep overthinks Laughing Even Lyon game Laporte gifted a goal, one of the goals Laporte was also clipped which should've been a foul, but the ref didn't call it and Lyon scored + Sterling missed a sitter, Pep line up was largely at fault here, but they still could've won this game. It's not surprising Pep benched those 3 and City are in a CL final.

No one is saying get up and give the man a round of appluase who gives a fck about that at the end? How about people just learn to quit moving goal post with these discussion?, he's widely regarded as one of the greatest, by many peers, he is one of the most sought after manager despite his CL showing teams, none of his teams wanted to lose him, even Rummenigge said when told him he's leaving he shed some tears, Bayern players all turned on Carlo and Kovac, so clearly Pep does something right or these management/players don't seem to blame him for all these results, as some people here do.

I don't beleive in the greatest manager in the world or history discussion Pep isn't, Fergie isn't, Mou isn't, etc. no such thing every managers has there own strength and weaknesses and they all will work in different situation, while some won't, its really that simple at the end.

Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 31 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club

Post by CBarca Fri May 14, 2021 2:08 am

Can I ask a simple question?

What manager, other than Zidane, has had any sustained success in the CL in the past decade?

As much as I agree that Pep has been disappointing in the CL in the last decade, that's...umm, the standard treatment for just about any manager. Even the great ones. That's why the UCL is a great competition, and why up until recently no team had ever repeated.

And the crazy thing is, even with the guy who won three in a row, most people here don't even think he's a very good manager. Football is a low scoring game and it gets even tighter in the CL -- it's high variance. Given that the UCL happens once a year, shit happens.

It's why the only manager with and real sustained success is Zidane, and he only started managing in 2016 Laughing

EDIT: Didn't realize Cas has brought up some of these points already. I concur
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Fri May 14, 2021 4:26 am

I honestly think that Peps Bayern could've beaten Barca if they had a healthy Robben and Ribery

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri May 14, 2021 10:53 am

CBarca wrote:Can I ask a simple question?

What manager, other than Zidane, has had any sustained success in the CL in the past decade?

And also zidane is considered a bald donkey fraud by most of the members. Mostly by RM fanbase he is named a tactical donkey, just read his sack watch.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat May 15, 2021 3:39 pm

Myesyats wrote:
CBarca wrote:Can I ask a simple question?

And also zidane is considered a bald donkey fraud by most of the members. Mostly by RM fanbase he is named a tactical donkey, just read his sack watch.

That's what makes it all even more ridiculous. The only manager who has been consistently successful in the last decade (and for only half of it) is, from all accounts, a tactical donkey.

There are some clubs/managers who have made the CL final a couple times -- Atleti, Barca, Juve -- and yet all of these teams have had pretty embarrassing exits in many of the years that they didn't make it to the finals. Only one of those three clubs has even won in the past decade. The others stumbled at the last step, even if they did get all the way to the final.

The only club other than Madrid that I can think of who has been consistently successful, and without too many embarrassing exits is Bayern. Fair credit to them, but they've also had like, what, 5 or 6 managers in the last decade? When looking at it from the managerial perspective, there isn't one Bayern manager you could point to for achieving consistent CL success.

Pep's UCL exits deserve scrutiny and criticism, I've always said this. However, his exits actually represent the norm and the reality of what success in the UCL looks like for most managers, not any sort of exception. He should be criticized for it, like Conte (although his UCL ability isn't at Conte level, which is a nightmarish record).

It's the final frontier for Pep, obviously. His record in leagues and domestic cups is without question. Can he actually become an exceptional UCL manager instead of blending in with the riff raff of other managers? His problem is that he's always tried too hard to be an exceptional UCL manager instead of just letting his team play. He may have hit a turning point with that this year, based on quotes, but we'll have to see how the rest of his career plays out
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat May 15, 2021 8:01 pm

Apparently his daughter is dating Dele Alli. Is this why Mou turned on him?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 15, 2021 8:39 pm

find it hard to believe
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun May 16, 2021 8:38 pm

Pep fans really are a "you're either with me or against me" kind of crowd. Damn. Men out here providing context to his success (which one should do anyway as it is neither a belittlement nor should one just accept things as they are) and it's hateration.

He's a great manager, one of the best in the game but when a club can sign a defender for 80 million (Dias from Benfica) without much fuss to fix their manager's issue or whatever, folks tend to keep things within reason. Well, reasonable folks anyway.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 17, 2021 10:14 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon May 17, 2021 10:30 pm

Out of all Oasis' discography, that's the song they picked? Okay.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 17, 2021 10:39 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Out of all Oasis' discography, that's the song they picked? Okay.

Its one of their most popular.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon May 17, 2021 10:48 pm

No argument there, but it's not really a party song. I thought they would go for something like Bring it on Down or maybe Rock 'n' Roll Star or even Acquiesce.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 18, 2021 12:16 am

Almost had to throw up
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue May 18, 2021 1:03 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:No argument there, but it's not really a party song. I thought they would go for something like Bring it on Down or maybe Rock 'n' Roll Star or even Acquiesce.

I'm sure the other UK folk could give a lot more context to this than I could, but in the couple months I spent in the UK at Lancaster Uni, when you heard Oasis at a pre-game, a party, or an after-party, it was always this song. I found it kind of funny, because the only Oasis song that gets played during any sort of drinking in the US is Wonderwall, because it's the most popular.

I found "Don't Look Back in Anger" way preferable to Wonderwall (both in general and to sing while drunk), at least.

But I generally don't like Oasis.

Anyway, that video has converted me. Dude is a bald. fraud.

EDIT: I realize that doesn't really answer your question, but it's already been answered above. Doesn't really matter about the quality of the song to match the mood -- just about how popular it is. It's why Black Eyed Peas still gets "I got a Feeling" played, even though the answer is to play absolutely none of their discography.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue May 18, 2021 10:11 am

Sounds to me like a appropriate song for the theme of the party. Telling your opponents to not look back in anger just because they lost the championship to them.

Besides who doesnt love Pep. People like to pretend that they hate him, but he's a legend on and off the pitch as well it seems.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue May 18, 2021 10:26 am

Good day for Pepophiles all in all
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue May 18, 2021 3:14 pm

Pepophobes act like he hasn't been this way for over 20 years.

And then in another era.

https://twitter.com/ESPNUK/status/1067355490949181443

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 31 I1An

And the eternal.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 18, 2021 5:50 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue May 18, 2021 9:56 pm

Last edited by Kaladin on Sat May 29, 2021 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed May 19, 2021 10:03 am

That game was a horror show by the referee. That’s not really the best time to pull that banter.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sat May 29, 2021 9:56 pm

Can I ask a simple question?

Why is the man the biggest fraud of the decade?
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat May 29, 2021 9:57 pm

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat May 29, 2021 9:57 pm

rofl rofl rofl

petition to rename thread into

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club

aye or nay?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat May 29, 2021 9:58 pm

1 shot on target ffs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat May 29, 2021 10:00 pm

Loooool disgraceful ffs rofl
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat May 29, 2021 10:01 pm

BALD FRAUD
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next