Mr Nick09
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
SuperMAG
guest7
36 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by futbol_bill Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:56 pm

So Nick, are you still confident of Mbappe coming? Doesn't it really depend on getting rid of Bale among other factors?

As far as I can see, it looks like Chelsea and Man U are the only options!

And if the answer to both is no, then god help us with that front 3 and no real forward backup!

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 12 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:58 pm

We won't go for DeGea. The obsession with him has to stop. Navas isn't Morata you can just cast aside. Navas has all the captains and the coach on his side. Perez can dream all he likes, but the days where he just bought players and shoved them down the coach's throat are long gone. Mbappe iz the only realistic target of ours and even that's complicated
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:11 pm

you talk as if the players have any control over who come or leave. The captains as you say don't decide anything, and if we are in a position to sign De Gea and it makes sense financially we will.

Not to mention that all of spanish players know De Gea and quite like him from what we see of NT duties.

shoving a player down the coach's throat is never a good thing but i can't imagine Zidane having a chance to get De Gea and thinking "no that's ok" LOL

Zidane is not an idiot, De Gea is a top3 GK, maybe the best GK in europe right now, he is in his prime and he is 4 years younger than Keylor. You sign him

The problem was United refusing to negotiate and then asking us to pay close to 80 mil, i don't think we wanted to do that.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:01 pm

It's either City or Real Madrid for Mbappe... with PSG as a dark horse. City is favored here for a lot of reasons, which include playing for Pep, the money, the league and having former teammates Mendy and Bernardo Silva already there.

As a side note, Mbappe is in Manchester this weekend as pictures of him with fans (city fans) are popping up.

So it's make or break time for Madrid here. He moves by the end of this week imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:14 pm

There is a fine line between standing pat with a winning lineup and making adjustments to keep ahead of competition let alone complacency creep. De Gea is not needed, agreed, but getting Mbappe is. Otherwise, we are going with a fairly complete team in goal, defense and midfield, but essentially we have to rely on BBC, that already has 2 broken parts and no real forward backups, weaker than last year.

If I were Flo I'd match offers on Mbappe, bring him on with or without Bale.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:49 pm

@ Nick, The captains have alot of pull in this team. How else do you think we got rid of Benitez and Mou and kept Benz for this long

Just like Mou said we closex the door on DeGea when he was offered to us, i am sure if Perez had it his way we would've bought him. As soon as the summer started and ZZ threw his support behind Navas, I knew we wouldn't get DeGea. As I said buying players because the presidents like them are gone. Zidane picks and chooses his players now and he didn't want to change Navas for another keeper and so he stayed as our number one
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:03 pm

I can agree that their opinion is asked on certain issues. It's obvious because a team is an eco system and any change might impact its well being.

Mourinho said they opened the door to De Gea leaving, but we closed it. Why did we close the door on signing DE Gea? if United are asking you to pay 100 mil for him, or way more than his valuation, would you not close the door as well?

I am convinced that it has more to do with money than any other reason.

and again, i can hardly imagine Ramos telling Perez, "i love Keylor, we don't want De Gea here"....

Anyway, we can have different opinions here, to me if you can find a deal that makes sense, you thank Navas for his service and you sign De Gea.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:39 pm

sportsczy wrote:It's either City or Real Madrid for Mbappe... with PSG as a dark horse. City is favored here for a lot of reasons, which include playing for Pep, the money, the league and having former teammates Mendy and Bernardo Silva already there.

As a side note, Mbappe is in Manchester this weekend as pictures of him with fans (city fans) are popping up.

So it's make or break time for Madrid here. He moves by the end of this week imo.
Mbappe/his family's hesitation with BBC is real, well covered in france and in spain. that's the sticking point, he wants to move, he wants to join Madrid but he is worried about his play time.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:20 am

Freeza told him Bale is a load of donkey shit and Benzema is a DM so it's cool now.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:42 am

Ramos is one of the key men that want keylor to remain #1. De Gea screwed his chances of coming here anyway. If he was serious about coming here, he should have never renewed his contract with manutd. No one pays €50+m for gks let alone what manutd were asking for him. De Gea isn't worth his market value. I rather we invest in a upcoming gk or look to our academy.

The lack of progress on M'bappe disappoints me. We can't go into the season without reinforcements upfront. We only got 2 forwards and we play our best football in a 2 forward formation. Zidane playing a dangerous game going into a season with no subs for the Frontline.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:29 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:Ramos is one of the key men that want keylor to remain #1.
lol ok
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:13 am

I wonder if Jovetic on loan is an option for the club if the Mbappe deal falls through. I really like him as a player
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:47 pm

Jovetic is undergoing his medical for Marseille tomorrow allegedly.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudio84 Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:25 pm

I don't know what we let go Mariano when we were planning to sell Morata, Mariano has shown he's more ready than Mayoral (And i'm not saying this because Mariano scored two goals on his debut)

Regarding Mbappe i don't think he's gonna come, he wants to be a starter and in Madrid he won't be

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:58 pm

If Bale and Benzema costs us Mbappe I might kill myself. Can't handle those two anymore. Chelsea or United please help
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:08 pm

@ Freeza. Mbapppe in person is really impressive isn't it. The defenders get scared and he is so fast (people don't realize how fast he is). He's faster than Bale imo because he gets to top speed a lot faster and has far far better technique. The only thing Bale has on Mbappe was shooting from distance.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:11 pm

According to Le parisien and other french media, mbappe now wants psg as his sole destination. The prospect of playing with neymar has mbappe so fascinated that he has now told monaco officially that he wants to play in psg. Mbappe is bent on playing with neymar and this has become psgs advantage over other teams. According to le parisien, mbappes family have agreed personal terms with psg now and the parisian club are getting ready to prepare a bid imminently. Meanwhile monaco have failed in an attempt to stop mbappe from moving to their rivals and have now given mbappe an 8 day ultimatum to sort his future out.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:04 pm

sportsczy wrote:@ Freeza. Mbapppe in person is really impressive isn't it. The defenders get scared and he is so fast (people don't realize how fast he is). He's faster than Bale imo because he gets to top speed a lot faster and has far far better technique. The only thing Bale has on Mbappe was shooting from distance.

It's so impressive. It's really hard to grasp how much faster he looks in person.

I can't deal with it getting him . An 18 year old player playing multiple attacking roles at that level who is as fast as him... just as impressive as Neymar was when I saw him in person.

Perez buying Vinicius because of Neymar and Dinho ptsd should be applied here. No doubt Perez would throw everything after him if he was Brazilian
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:45 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:Ramos is one of the key men that want keylor to remain #1.
lol ok

We already had reports from marca that the team and the coach insisted on support for keylor to the president in June.

If it was only money, why hasn't Ramos or anyone else on the team said a word about De Gea on a positive note?
Ramos has answered questions regarding M'bappe already and he welcomes our interest in him. Benzema welcomes M'bappe as well. Why hasn't that occurred when it's about De Gea? Answer is clear, Keylor has the full support of the squad.

Besides. No one in their right mind pays 50+m Euros for a gk and that is barca's fault that it is so. If they could have so much success with a keeper like valdes, does having a great gk go even matter?

Gks are the lowest value for a reason. Forwards and midfielders get the priority in the market since both influence how q match turns out. And with our success it's the BBC and the midfield that has us winning our titles though I won't discount keylors great contributions.

But I guess all that is beyond you huh? Not just money. And from what I hear, de Gea no longer enthused about us. Probably because he has had little to no encouragement from the team or the coach. Who would be enthused if you get no positive signs from the captain or Zidane publicly? De Gea knows he has no place here.
He's fine where he is at.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:53 pm

It's no secret here Nick really prefers De Gea or Conetois over Navas so he'll have that hint of bias when it comes to any supposed reasoning. But I would like to believe that Zidane (the major factor) and the squad (minor factor) had a real hand in Keylor staying here.

Also, it's August and Mbappe is still not a Madrid player...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:39 am

I think a couple of you are missing the point re Navas / de Gea.

First off, Navas was not great all of last season and secondly he is getting to that age when you need to think of replacement.

Flo has made no secret he felt De Gea was that man. They were in contact with him during the season advising him they hadn't forgotten him. man U thru a ridiculous price on him and Flo dropped the bid. And as Nick said previously it was the price that dropped the interest. Flo then turned elsewhere, struck out with Courtois and was prepared to wait a year for Donnarama. Then the out pouring of support for Navas came out (not before, quite frankly I think it was a way of boosting Navas' confidence). So the going position is Navas remains one more season and the pursuit of a younger replacement put off til next summer.

Now comes the pursuit of Mbappe and to obtain that, the club has to find a buyer for Bale. The two options are Chelsea (they feel they are going to lose Hazard and today's news re barcelona kind of supports that). the second option is Man U. We all know how Flo feels about Man U and his statement was, if we deal with Man U, I want a player exchange in addition to cash.

So there are a lot of ifs before there is any talk of De Gea.

But bottom line is we desperately need Mbappe (no real forward backups beyond BBC) and getting rid of Bale is (or should be) a priority. If DeGea comes as well, helps in the long term, but certainly isn't necessary for this season.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:02 pm

There is no doubt we were interested in de Gea but too many variables conspire against any transfer to Real Madrid.

@ bill I liked what little I saw of Luca Zidane. Who's not to say Zidane won't try to promote his kid? GK spot is best position to get away with nepotism. Maybe that's why Zidane is not concerned with the GK spot. Yes while I do share your concerns about age, keylor is still a fine gk. At the very least he earned a chance to stay as the #1 for this season.

I am losing faith with regards to mbappe. He doesn't seem that interested in us or otherwise we would have signed him by now. Until something changes I no longer consider him part of the plans.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:42 pm

I am fine if the reason we passed on Mbappe was because the humongous exorbitant price he carries. What I won't accept however is a reason that we have too many forwards. If that's the case you move one of the useless ones and you buy him but for that price you're taking a risk we never ever have before. I can see why the club is abit reluctant and why Mbappe is moving on

Though I still feel we need a striker. What happened last season is not sustainable, one injury to Ronaldo and we're royally screwed, you'd think with 130mill worth of striker that we would be able to live without him but no, we'd have a disaster on our hands. We should hijack Jovetic' loan deal or if Mbappe goes to PSG we should get Cavani on loan. Anything but this lot
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:01 pm

Cavani on loan??? Laughing Laughing Laughing

In any case, if Mbappe goes to PSG, Di Maria gets sold. He wasn't very good at all last season with PSG and, with Neymar, Verratti and Mbappe, he would be 4th in line to get the ball. It would be a disaster for him. I'd say he's a good fit for Barca... but PSG would rather chuck one of their players off the side of a boat before doing business with Barca. Di Maria may end up in China. There were already rumors of it this summer.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:47 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if ADM ended up in China, he is only motivated by money anyways.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:17 pm

Why would psg loan cavani?

Us not getting M'bappe would be bad. Real bad. If we don't get him now he may explode and then he will become unattainable. He can already replace Benz AND CR7 in our lineup, he is that good. We have needed someone to succeed Benz and we won't get a better chance than now on M'bappe. Can't believe the sticking point is the price tag. Of all the times to be stingy on price it's now...?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next