BarcaLearning
Firenze
Casciavit
37 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Leroy Sané Fan Club - Page 7 Empty Re: Leroy Sané Fan Club

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:39 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Cheaper than I expected.

I think so too. Getting a player of his quality for that price is a steal considering how inflated the market is. Unless maybe he was in his last year of contract with City?

No idea why Pep is letting such a gem go, but since he gave us Kroos, I can't really act surprised anymore.

The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:46 pm

He doesn't want him to go. City offered him an extension 3-4 times. Kroos was also forced out by the board. These aren't Yaya/Ibra/Mandzu situations.

Sane has a unique skillset. There's no similar replacement on the market. It's a big loss for City.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:05 am

50m for Sane lmao and we splashed 145 on Coutinho and 100 on Griezmann, i'm so done :facepalm:
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:11 am

My Sane career progression prediction post. I'm getting it out of the way from now. I'll be interested to see how much ends up becoming true over the next few years, but here I go:

After watching Bayern-Schalke, I've come to the conclusion that Sane will have a very statistically productive season. I'm predicting at least 20G and 15A in all competitions. In his first game, he and Gnabry were switching wings like every 5-10 minutes in the first half, but then he just stayed on the right and bagged 2 assists and a goal in the second half.

From what I've seen of Bayern, it seems like Flick likes his wingers playing narrow, as a result, they're playing much closer to the goal. Bayern went from having Robbery starting on the touchlines and attacking the goal to having Sane and Gnabry play more inside similar to the likes of Mane and Salah.  

I said in 2017 and 2018 before any links and during City's best times that Sane is better off being the main man at Bayern as their RW rather than hugging the touchline on the left for Pep. Three years later it has happened. Pep did a lot for Sane though, and Sane himself says it. He had an interview where he said that "I learned a lot from Pep, especially positional play, perception of the entire game, how to act and react in attack and defense. Guardiola has entirely reprogrammed me, in my entire game."

So thanks for the development Pep, but it's time for Leroy to play without the shackles. He's ready for the big time.

Because he's then followed it up with stuff like this:

"I chose the #10 consciously to make a statement that I’ve come here to accept responsibility. I have big goals with FC Bayern – and I want to show that people can completely rely on me.”

"My favourite position's on the right wing, that's where I feel most comfortable. But I've no problem on the left. at City, I usually played on the left, in my youth & at Schalke, on the right. Pep pushed me onto the left, it helped me. Many players can only play on one side."  

He was asked if he'd pull the Robben cut-inside move and aim for the scoring title:
"I hope scoring like that will happen every now and then and being the top scorer wouldn't be bad, I wouldn't say no to being the top scorer. Although I'd happily leave the award for Lewy every year"

He also did a Q&A on twitter in which someone asked him if he'd undergo a Goretzka-like body transformation:
"Who knows...you will see Wink"

So taking all of this into account, over the next two seasons, I believe we will see his metamorphosis from being a creative touchline hugging winger to a big-time scoring inside forward. I'm personally expecting a Ronaldo08/Bale13 esque transformation over the next two years (who were also 24 at the time). If he bulks up like Goretzka did he'd be following in Ronaldo and Bale's footsteps too.

At Bayern, he will play for a super team in a relatively weak league that will provide him with lots of space to wreak havoc. Does he have the potential to eventually bag 30-40 a season? Well it's important to note he's not the main finisher, Lewa is, and he's also very unselfish on the ball. I sometimes get the impression his mentality is more like Hazard than say someone like Ronaldo. However, unlike Hazard, Sane is more clinical and he has a much better shot and is way better moving off the ball, so he'll definitely score more than prime Hazard.

I guess if Sane and Gnabry start to develop a real knack for scoring lots of goals, maybe when Lewa winds down, Bayern will replace him with more of a playmaking CF than a finisher, and that will lead to the 30-40 goal season. Who knows though. I'll wait and see. If he stays injury-free, Ballon d'or level seasons are very much a possibility. Watch this space.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:18 pm

Nice post Casciavit, Im a huge fan of Sane as well, hes such an elegant player, physically so good and balanced (I think his parent at gymnastics ppl or something) together with pace and technique, as well as vision. I do very much hope he elevates his game even more now thats he given such importance at Bayern Very Happy

Dont know about Ballon D'or, would depend a lot of if Bayern can continue to dominate, and imho where Mbappe goes next Razz If he goes to Real for example...

I thought Gnabry has been so good this season it would be heard to beat, and having Sane if he can be anything as good will really be the new Robbery for Bayern and a pleasure to watch. The more classic traditional winger type players are always exciting to watch.

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:25 pm

Every Liverpool fan will say they are more scared of Sane then anyone else in the PL. On his day, he is untouchable. Unbelievable player and I am so fucking glad he is gone from the PL.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:33 pm

saw a Goal article calling him a huge flop so far?

legit? hans pls respond
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:56 pm

Mole was right all along ffs

West Brom flop Gnabry is a superior player.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:57 pm

Firenze wrote:saw a Goal article calling him a huge flop so far?

legit? hans pls respond

He was good the first 3 weeks got injured was trash for 2-3 month picked up his form in January now he's looked poor in the last few games.

He's definitely been disappointing overall though tbh.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:10 pm

still far too early to write him off then, especially if he's been injured. but I guess when you come with that pricetag, expectations are immediate. Fairly so.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:14 pm

Well he was out for the entirety of last year with an ACL injury. He was the big money signing. The new #10. There were lots of expectations and he's been underwhelming.

Then again it is only his first season, but you can tell his confidence is completely shot. He isn't that involved in the play either especially when Pavard plays behind him. I think long term he'll be fine, but yeah he didn't put himself in the best light this tie LOL.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:19 pm

When Sané has zero end product and awful decision making = it’s okay, he had a tough injury, plays with a scrub right back, low confidence

When Mahrez has a good game = still overrated; selfish, wasteful
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:23 pm

Firenze wrote:saw a Goal article calling him a huge flop so far?

legit? hans pls respond

horrible player

doesn't even get the basics right

Flick was correct, downgrade from Perisic
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:24 pm

One is 24 in his first season with a new club coming off an ACL injury, the other is 30 and in the prime of his career. Stop trying to force a moot comparison. Though his performance today reminded me of a bad Mahrez one. Poor decision making and not clinical. Also you coming in here means his chances of having a stinker tomorrow have increased even more Loool.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:27 pm

Liked him better on the left when the games are played in short distances, where he could go outside and even get a shot on goal.

On the right, he has to come inside to shoot and therefore becomes a cross/cut back threat if the game is compact.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:29 pm

The Franchise wrote:Liked him better on the left when the games are played in short distances, where he could go outside and even get a shot on goal.

On the right, he has to come inside to shoot and therefore becomes a cross/cut back threat if the game is compact.

Yeah I thought him and Coman should have switched flanks from back in the first leg. They're both so one footed, so when PSG camped it they just kept running into congested spaces.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:33 pm

No idea why they never switch flanks. Sané is utter trash on the right except for a Robben move every 7 games

Me 4 years ago would be incredulous that I write this, but we missed Gnabry bad and he would rightfully have started over Sané
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:35 pm

Coman has that little chipped ball to the back post. So at least he can use that. But Sane doesnt have that in his game and ends up crossing low or cutting back, which obviously is dangerous but if your positioned well its impossible to find anyone.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:36 pm

Suledinho needs to go back to RB. In reality Bayern should sign a new one. Pavard is meh.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:36 pm

What's so maddening about Sané is that the basics of his game have been so poor all season

He's a downright horrible passer, we can consider ourselves lucky if he manages to complete easy passes, often times he manages to fuck even those up

I haven't seen him make a great pass all season

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:37 pm

Casciavit wrote:Suledinho needs to go back to RB. In reality Bayern should sign a new one. Pavard is meh.

No new one. Sülinho. I want the Colossus doing stepovers and backheels. It's all I ask for.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:39 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:What's so maddening about Sané is that the basics of his game have been so poor all season

He's a downright horrible passer, we can consider ourselves lucky if he manages to complete easy passes, often times he manages to fuck even those up

Lmao what's worse is that his passing completion now is better than what it was in November rofl

I don't ever remember him misplacing as many easy passes with Pep. Well obviously it's easier playing on the left + everyone has rigid positioning at City too, but yeah too wasteful.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:41 pm

Casciavit wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:What's so maddening about Sané is that the basics of his game have been so poor all season

Lmao what's worse is that his passing completion now is better than what it was in November rofl

I don't ever remember him misplacing as many easy passes with Pep. Well obviously it's easier playing on the left + everyone has rigid positioning at City too, but yeah too wasteful.

He's not there in the head. He keeps making passes too late, against the run of teammates, poorly weighted. Horrible,
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:51 pm

Legit if Bayern still had Perisic instead of him, they'd be in the semis right now.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:18 am

Yea Sane will need to work hard to continue to improve his game and just link up better with teammates, and end product. If he works as hard as Coman does he should be fine.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:34 pm

Casciavit wrote:Also you coming in here means his chances of having a stinker tomorrow have increased even more Loool.

I’ll just keep embarrassing you until you realize you can be wrong sometimes and you stop pulling your infamous “stay mad” quote.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next