Harmonica
windkick
Donuts
47 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 30 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by Myesyats Tue May 08, 2018 6:30 pm

Atlético have as good as given up on trying to convince Griezmann to stay; he will join Barcelona in the summer. [carrusel]

there was a meeting between the player and club president this afternoon

Proud yess i love Griezmann

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 08, 2018 11:46 pm

Feel like Griezmann is a great signing if under the right tactical situation. He to me is a "simple" player, if you put him into positions to do what he does well, he is almost assured to perform. Put him into positions he doesnt, he is almost assured not to.

He isnt a winger anymore, he isnt a 1v1 take on player...he is a ghost, he appears out of nowhere with his movement being some of the best in the world, and then adds his quality with a finish (either foot or header) or pass. Needs that freedom of movement and not restricted to a flank where he most certaintly wont play well.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 08, 2018 11:51 pm

danyjr wrote:Sell Dumbélz to Bayern for €60m. Better than loaning him out in 2 years to Eibar for with option to buy €15m Laughing
If we do sell him he will be off to a PL club for a profit, no way we take a loss on him.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue May 08, 2018 11:54 pm

Why aren’t we looking at Jorginho? Gets compared to Xavi under Sarri Napoli a lot. Pep also wants him at City not the best defensively but really good at holding the ball, playing through the lines and is good under pressure.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 08, 2018 11:56 pm

We already got Coutinho and Arthur, what do we need another creative AM for? Where will he play?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue May 08, 2018 11:59 pm

Isn’t he a CM and plays a little deeper?
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 09, 2018 12:05 am

But realistically under the 442 you have Busquets + 1 unless you want to stick him in the wings. I suppose you could play Rakitic there now that Iniesta is leaving but it seems like we are a bit loaded in that position for now, even if Jorginho is arguably better than any of the current squad players.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed May 09, 2018 3:27 am

Can someone explain to me where exactly Griezmann would play for you guys? Such a puzzling transfer rumour considering you have Messi, Suarez, Coutinho, and Dembele, all of whom are ostensibly gonna start.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed May 09, 2018 6:04 pm

Jorginho is a pivot, him and Busquets play practicallly the same position in a very similar way.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed May 09, 2018 6:09 pm

Cruijf wrote:Can someone explain to me where exactly Griezmann would play for you guys? Such a puzzling transfer rumour considering you have Messi, Suarez, Coutinho, and Dembele, all of whom are ostensibly gonna start.

Dembele barely starts now. He didnt even leave the bench in a few important games, which is beyond me.

But I think the can all have a role, quite easily.

In possession, Messi as a 10, Coutinho and Rakitic in the midfield with Busquets behind. In front of Messi, Griezmann and Suarez, with fullbacks going forward along the sides. Basically the same as Madrid when Casemiro, Isco, Kroos and Modric all start.

In defence, 442 with Griezmann filling in on one of the flanks. He has that defensive responsibility from his days at Atletico aswell as being a former winger. Tough role but he can do it, just like Mandzukic does for Juve.

Dembele off the bench as an impact player.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed May 09, 2018 8:58 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Cruijf wrote:Can someone explain to me where exactly Griezmann would play for you guys? Such a puzzling transfer rumour considering you have Messi, Suarez, Coutinho, and Dembele, all of whom are ostensibly gonna start.

Dembele barely starts now. He didnt even leave the bench in a few important games, which is beyond me.

In possession, Messi as a 10, Coutinho and Rakitic in the midfield with Busquets behind. In front of Messi, Griezmann and Suarez, with fullbacks going forward along the sides. Basically the same as Madrid when Casemiro, Isco, Kroos and Modric all start.

In defence, 442 with Griezmann filling in on one of the flanks. He has that defensive responsibility from his days at Atletico aswell as being a former winger. Tough role but he can do it, just like Mandzukic does for Juve.

Thought Dembele didnt play this season because of injuries and his age. I would think next season if he stays fit he would be expected to start given his price tag.

If he doesn't start then yeah it could work like you said, but it seems strange because it's almost a Dembele replacement purchase so soon after he was bought.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed May 09, 2018 10:28 pm

Carles Aleñá will join the first team next season. [@LaTdP]
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Thu May 10, 2018 9:22 am

Myesyats wrote:Carles Aleñá will join the first team next season. [@LaTdP]

This is first good news in the right direction I have heard in a long long time about Barca.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu May 10, 2018 12:35 pm

Two weeks ago, a group of Barça directors met with Griezmann's people in Barcelona at a hotel close to Camp Nou.

During the meeting they finalised the personal terms, which will become active once the club pay the 100 million buyout. [cat radio via sport]

dem secret meetings
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu May 10, 2018 4:14 pm

Barça are following Napoli midfielder Jorginho (26) as a possible signing for next season. [skysport]
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu May 10, 2018 5:19 pm

Myesyats wrote:Carles Aleñá will join the first team next season. [@LaTdP]

Iniesta is leaving for sure, with Denis and Gomes also rumored to be out/be available. So promoting Aleña makes a ton of sense, the kid is ready.

Midfield options
Coutinho-Arthur-Rakitic-Paulinho-Busquets-Aleña

In all honesty that’s not a world class, balanced set up at all. Damn our midfield has gone downhill
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri May 11, 2018 1:23 pm

I get the questions about Grizemann, but he is such an amazing footballer, we could do it just to weaken Atletico and at the very least use him as rotation/backup and it would be good business.

Dont forget Suarez and Messi also aging, so we could do a lot more rotation for them two with another WC player there, instead of Paco who is very also, but not Grizemann level. We need this kind of squad strength to compete with Real.

Only question I have is though we bought Turan before who eventually turned out to be a flop/not suitable for us, reason which Im still not so sure about, I'll ask on his thread. But I dont think Grizemann will be that, he is much more all round not to fit in to various roles he can play for us.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri May 11, 2018 10:01 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
Dembele expected to leave on loan to a La Liga team to gain experience if Griezmann comes.

I read a comment that considering how unprofessional and disgraceful Dembele's behavior at Dortmund was prior to his transfer to us, this is just the kind of treatment he deserves.

That's a bit rich an attitude to have considering your club actively instigated the player's behaviour to force a transfer after Neymar left.

If there is one (and only one) thing I do not like about my club its that we have quite a few times been accused of unsettling players at other clubs. We are certainly not the only club to do it but I would still prefer we abstain from it as much as possible. So yes I cannot deny there is merit in what you have said.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri May 11, 2018 10:06 pm

The Franchise wrote:Feel like Griezmann is a great signing if under the right tactical situation. He to me is a "simple" player, if you put him into positions to do what he does well, he is almost assured to perform. Put him into positions he doesnt, he is almost assured not to.

He isnt a winger anymore, he isnt a 1v1 take on player...he is a ghost, he appears out of nowhere with his movement being some of the best in the world, and then adds his quality with a finish (either foot or header) or pass. Needs that freedom of movement and not restricted to a flank where he most certaintly wont play well.

Where do you think he will fit in for us? We have seen that he just couldn't play on the wings for France. We know that Messi will probably be in the center. I doubt Griezmann would be suitable as a number 9 and then where will Suarez go? I do not question his quality but retain doubts about whether at all he should have been our biggest priority this summer.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri May 11, 2018 10:11 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:Why aren’t we looking at Jorginho? Gets compared to Xavi under Sarri Napoli a lot. Pep also wants him at City not the best defensively but really good at holding the ball, playing through the lines and is good under pressure.

Do you think Jorginho is better than Verratti? The latter was also compared to Xavi very often.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri May 11, 2018 10:24 pm

The Franchise wrote:

Interesting but I think it will be difficult to make this work. Suarez and Griezmann will find it hard to form a striking partnership especially in these days when single striker is the norm for most teams. If it does happen Coutinho may have to play a very crucial role which would serve as a test for just how good a player he can eventually become.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri May 11, 2018 10:25 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Feel like Griezmann is a great signing if under the right tactical situation. He to me is a "simple" player, if you put him into positions to do what he does well, he is almost assured to perform. Put him into positions he doesnt, he is almost assured not to.

Where do you think he will fit in for us? We have seen that he just couldn't play on the wings for France. We know that Messi will probably be in the center. I doubt Griezmann would be suitable as a number 9 and then where will Suarez go? I do not question his quality but retain doubts about whether at all he should have been our biggest priority this summer.

Noticed later that you have already answered this question.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri May 11, 2018 10:30 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:I get the questions about Grizemann, but he is such an amazing footballer, we could do it just to weaken Atletico and at the very least use him as rotation/backup and it would be good business.

Dont forget Suarez and Messi also aging, so we could do a lot more rotation for them two with another WC player there, instead of Paco who is very also, but not Grizemann level. We need this kind of squad strength to compete with Real.

Only question I have is though we bought Turan before who eventually turned out to be a flop/not suitable for us, reason which Im still not so sure about, I'll ask on his thread. But I dont think Grizemann will be that, he is much more all round not to fit in to various roles he can play for us.

Lets not do that. Bayern is ill-reputed for doing such things. Such things do not invite appreciation from the football world at large. More importantly it's good to compete in a strong league for more reasons than one.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue May 15, 2018 12:18 am

Barca accelerate negotiations for Sevilla defender Lenglet due to doubts over Mina and Vermaelen [mundo deportivo]
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed May 16, 2018 8:14 am

Robert Fernández and Lenglet's agent have held a meeting last Wednesday. [rac1]

Lenglet has given ‘Yes’ to Barcelona. The defender will sign for five years. Robert Fernández’ work was decisive. [md]

The club will trigger his release clause of €35m, also if Umtiti renews his contract. [md]

that means Mina or Vermaelen will be sold, or both hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri May 18, 2018 10:12 pm

Messi has requested Barça to sign Juventus’ Miralem Pjanic as the successor to Andres Iniesta. [calciomercato]

hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next