Gary Neville the new Valencia head coach...

+39
Curtinho
dronte
titosantill
Vibe
free_cat
Kick
fatman123
ExtremistEnigma
windkick
Doc
Collblanc
Glory
sree999
CBarca
RED
El Gunner
Unique
Lord Awesome
BarrileteCosmico
RealGunner
Tomwin Lannister
Robespierre
McAgger
Myesyats
iftikhar
farfan
rwo power
Firenze
The Franchise
Jay29
The Demon of Carthage
futbol
Art Morte
MaraVilla
Shed
S
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Hapless_Hans
jibers
43 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Gary Neville the new Valencia head coach... - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Neville the new Valencia head coach...

Post by rwo power Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:18 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:In that time span i can only think of maybe McClaren, Moyes, Coleman and now Neville.... that's about it Laughing
Colin Bell. He even managed to win 2015's Champions League with 1.FFC Frankfurt. :coffee:

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Gary Neville the new Valencia head coach... - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Neville the new Valencia head coach...

Post by farfan Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:21 pm

rwo power wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:In that time span i can only think of maybe McClaren, Moyes, Coleman and now Neville.... that's about it Laughing
Colin Bell. He even managed to win 2015's Champions League with 1.FFC Frankfurt. :coffee:

In what parallel universe did this event occur ? :coffee:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:27 pm

I'm assuming that's the womens game hmm

Which i don't really follow, so i'm obviously very ignorant on the subject.

Good on him though :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:30 pm

He's an exception though, as he looks so much like a 90s German lesbian he could just be one.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:54 pm

S wrote:Is this for real ?

Wow what's wrong with Spanish teams ? I don't understand their fantasy over British coaches.
This

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:10 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

The real question now, though, is who Sky will bring in to replace him. hmm

Time to admit their mistake and bring back Keyes and Grey tbh
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:06 pm

Must be a temporary solution, can't imagine him staying for more than till the end of this season!

@Great Leader Sprucenuce

Have to accept you were right in saying it's a matter of time till Neville effs up
Valencia Laughing I thought he can't do that much damage only as an assistant. Nuno was my favourite coach in Spain for gods sake!!
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:09 pm

farfan wrote:
rwo power wrote:Colin Bell. He even managed to win 2015's Champions League with 1.FFC Frankfurt. :coffee:
In what parallel universe did this event occur ?  :coffee:
Mole was 100% right. Smile

"In Colin Bell, whose sweeper system was key to stifling Paris's attacking thrust, Frankfurt have the first Englishman to coach a winning team in any UEFA Champions League for men or women."
http://www.uefa.com/womenschampionsleague/history/season=2015/index.html

BTW, I just stumbled over the fact that Colin Bell decided to step down as Frankfurt's coach yesterday: http://www.uefa.com/womenschampionsleague/news/newsid=2312905.html#bell+leaves+european+champions+frankfurt o_O
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:25 pm

Wow really surprised by this decision. Hated him as a player but I've grown to like Gary for his punditry. He's better than the rest of the dross pundits in England, however that doesn't necessarily mean he's intelligent or anything.

Should be interesting.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:31 pm

linetty wrote:Must be a temporary solution, can't imagine him staying for more than till the end of this season!

@Great Leader Sprucenuce

Have to accept you were right in saying it's a matter of time till Neville effs up
Valencia Laughing I thought he can't do that much damage only as an assistant. Nuno was my favourite coach in Spain for gods sake!!

Laughing

I have to admit i was saying it because 1. he's a boring POS who knows *bleep* all 2. He was replacing our current assistant Laughing ( although him doing badly for us isn't really his fault)

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:48 pm

Gary analyses games after the fact very well, that is a tremendous skill in itself and very related to coaching. He will surely be able to figure out what went wrong, where systems are failing, where spaces are appearing, why chances arent being created and so on.

But that is after the fact. You have to deliver the message to the players well and importantly grow your own ideas which fit the team and then have the ways for the players to understand whatever your idea is.

That is a total mystery and we dont know what he is capable of with that aspect. Does he have ideas which fit the players? Can he put together the kind of training methods which teach the players that?

Thats before even getting into the core aspects.

Can he see how a game is wrong in the moment and adjust it then and there?
How well does he know his opponents?

How long will it take him to truly understand the limits and strengths of his players?

How will he adjust to the different standard of officiating?

Will the players respect him and gave their best efforts?

Many more I cant even think of right now.

You have these questions with any coach, but normally you have some previous history to get an idea from.

I will be interesting however long it does last.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:12 pm

This will be interesting to say the least...
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:30 pm

I heard Fabio Capello will replace him on Sky.

"This team can go forward. All the team, the coaches, their mind is free. We can go forward without fear, without everything."
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:54 pm

RIP SKY UK : (

Art Morte wrote:I heard Fabio Capello will replace him on Sky.

"This team can go forward. All the team, the coaches, their mind is free. We can go forward without fear, without everything."

RIP AGAIN : (
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:41 am

Nooooooooooooooooooo who the flying *bleep* will replace him as a regular pundit now he's the only one I can listen to

Can't wait for some absolute premhead pleb who knows nothing unless the conversation is about 4-4-2 to take over and ruin everything.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:05 am

Interesting and out of the blue. Hoping he does well but we'll see
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:15 am

At first I thought the article mixed up Phil and Gary Neville
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:43 am

Firenze wrote:smart tbh, I imagine this voids his Sky Sports contract, does this for 5 months, steps down at the end of the season then joins GOAT BT

Neville the tactical genius :bow:

Neville and Owen at BT should be GOAT banter.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:29 am

Capello was on Sky Italy. He is awful. I took away the audio when he was the commentator for la Liga . Good luck.
I believe the worst downgrade since Micheal Schumacher was replaced with Mika Salo.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:16 am

Well, it's completely out of the blue and risky. Honestly never heard Gary's punditry but really it doesn't matter. What might be intriguing is the idea that British players might be brought in during the winter mercato, as some people call it. Hopefully he brings to tough DM's or CB's.

Bottom Line: Won't judge till' I see.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:10 pm

Robespierre wrote:Capello was on Sky Italy. He is awful. I took away the audio when he was the commentator for la Liga . Good luck.
I believe the worst downgrade since Micheal Schumacher was replaced with Mika Salo.

I was joking, Robes eco smile
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:16 pm

^ Considering he does exactly this job , but for the Italian Sky, it was really credible.
Good for you and less for me : (
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:16 am

At worst it's a great marketing move for La Liga. Every Manchester United fan will have Valencia as their 2nd club now. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:38 am

It's Gary Neville, not Eric Cantona.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:42 am

So now that the news is a day old and a bit settled down, I can't get over the fact what a crazy, reckless and bizarre move that is from Valencia's standpoint.

I mean this is one of Europe's biggest clubs we're talking about Laughing

Hiring a complete newbie that has never managed any club, let alone played or worked in Spain, doesn't speak the language, and again, has never managed anywhere?
Just because the owner did business with him and the brother was (quite obviously unsuccessfully) assistant manager?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:44 am

RealGunner wrote:It's Gary Neville, not Eric Cantona.

Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next