Art Morte
The Demon of Carthage
LeVersacci
Valkyrja
Mr Nick09
39 posters

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Should we sell Benzema? - Page 6 Empty Re: Should we sell Benzema?

Post by chad4401 Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:50 pm

sure i was saying this since the case popped up, no matter how it looks benzema was a messenger at best, being stupid doesn't make you an horrible person maybe a poser.

if the FFF really wanted to ban him permanently they easily could've from the beginning, all their action shows they need him, hopefully valbuena can look past it for now and he shouldn't get dropped, that be kinda messed up after all that has happened.

chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:50 pm

And you fell hook, line and sinker for the post as i expected Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:18 am

sportsczy wrote:Looks like the FFF are trying to set it up so Benz can play in the Euro. Here's why:
- The case wasn't taken to the ethics committee. Instead, Le Graet said any action would be delayed until the judicial system passes a verdict. That is completely contrary to how suspensions were handed out for disciplinary issues since 2010.... none of those were 1/10 as bad as this and the players got summarily suspended.
- Le Graet hinted that, although he knows nothing official, he knows enough to surmise that there isn't much to get Benz convicted. He also said that he expects the trial to be fast tracked.
- They're already laying the framework to incorporate the two players back in the squad by saying things like "you don't always work with friends in the professional world" or "you need to find common ground with your co-workers so you can do the job", etc.

Pretty clear that the ends are justifying the means here... the FFF is more interested in winning the Euro regardless of the shadiness of some of the team members. If anything, i get the feeling that Valbuena will be the one to get sacrificed especially since he's not playing well at all right now.

Am I correct in saying that your main problem with him is that he claimed to see the video, but didn't, and that based on that he intimated that it was a damaging video?

Surely if the video was taken on Valbuena's cellphone, he would have known what the video looked like? Accordingly would have known how bad it is or isn't.

Also, there's alot of talk around how he should well have known that Zenati would be making money off of it. But considering that Zenati is on Benz's payroll, and apparently very well paid, it's not unreasonable that if Benz asked him to take care of it, he would not expect him to try to sucker Valbuena out of more cash. Yes the blackmailers want money, but they're completely separate from Benz and Zenati. Their only involvement being that they know the blackmailers, and could act as an interface.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:22 am

Nivash wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Looks like the FFF are trying to set it up so Benz can play in the Euro. Here's why:
- The case wasn't taken to the ethics committee. Instead, Le Graet said any action would be delayed until the judicial system passes a verdict. That is completely contrary to how suspensions were handed out for disciplinary issues since 2010.... none of those were 1/10 as bad as this and the players got summarily suspended.
- Le Graet hinted that, although he knows nothing official, he knows enough to surmise that there isn't much to get Benz convicted. He also said that he expects the trial to be fast tracked.
- They're already laying the framework to incorporate the two players back in the squad by saying things like "you don't always work with friends in the professional world" or "you need to find common ground with your co-workers so you can do the job", etc.

Pretty clear that the ends are justifying the means here... the FFF is more interested in winning the Euro regardless of the shadiness of some of the team members. If anything, i get the feeling that Valbuena will be the one to get sacrificed especially since he's not playing well at all right now.

Am I correct in saying that your main problem with him is that he claimed to see the video, but didn't, and that based on that he intimated that it was a damaging video?

Surely if the video was taken on Valbuena's cellphone, he would have known what the video looked like? Accordingly would have known how bad it is or isn't.

Also, there's alot of talk around how he should well have known that Zenati would be making money off of it. But considering that Zenati is on Benz's payroll, and apparently very well paid, it's not unreasonable that if Benz asked him to take care of it, he would not expect him to try to sucker Valbuena out of more cash. Yes the blackmailers want money, but they're completely separate from Benz and Zenati. Their only involvement being that they know the blackmailers, and could act as an interface.

And why did Benzema claimed he saw that video? When magistrate asked him that he replies I don't know im dumb sometimes lol. We know why he lied, because he wanted this deal to happen so that Zenati could get some money.

He can play dumb infront of law not infront of common people.

If there was no need to pay money you don't think Benzema would have said that to Valbuena?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:32 pm

We should sell Ronaldo first.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:47 pm

Mamad wrote:We should sell Ronaldo first.

BBC
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:25 pm

My main problem....  is all of it Laughing  The fact that he acted as an intermediary....  the fact that he lied about seeing the tape so he would shame Valbuena into paying....  the fact that he's changing his story and lying every single time he's questioned...  the fact that his lies are proven since the police has everything on everyone on phone taps...  the fact that he did this to a teammate...  the fact that he used the NT get together to approach Valbuena...  The fact that he has a thug and seasoned criminal employed at his company... the fact that he's trying to spin this the way he is instead of just doing a mea culpa so that he could be forgiven...

I don't think there's anything i don't have a problem with.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:52 pm

Sports, given you were a supporter of both; what hurt you the most. Kobe's sex scandal or Benz's blackmail scandal?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:21 pm

Kobe's sex scandal was absolute bs...  he asked a girl to come to his room after hours.  She went to his hotel room, they had sex, no signs of struggle or inebriation or drugs or anything else... then she goes home calmly and files for rape the morning after.  It was ridiculous from the start.  She was after money from the start as she didn't behave like someone who had been raped at the slightest.  Got her check because Lakers were contending for a trophy and Kobe didn't want the distraction.  He knew that even if he was innocent, the trial process would drag him and his family through the dirt and he took the wisest course of action. His wife asked him to settle btw because they had two small kids. He wanted to fight it out.

Kobe has done nothing at all in his life before or after to show that there was any truth there at all... i mean, not even a tiny speck.

Benz...  well, he's a proven liar now, hangs out with the wrong crowd, makes dumb off pitch mistakes regularly, etc.

Completely different.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:47 pm

kobe's was entirely an ethical issue ;now if he did rape her, and was found guilty then definitely he can be hounded and would have ended up doing time. that it was a fling, is more an ethical thing than anything else (even top directors on sponsorship companies have flings). that this benzema thing was involving a teammate, and this close to the euros, will probably get the supporters of their national team a bit more agitated

also, when you think about it, benzema had a similar (i'm using 'similar' broadly here, since benzema's case wasn't a rape case) issue like that of kobe a couple of years ago, only to get into this huge mess, and some other legal issues pertaining to traffic violations (nothing too major). i don't think kobe's gotten into any legal issue since that case
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:56 pm

Look, I'm well aware of Kobe's situation. He had to buy his wife back though and I'm sure she was a bit more than disappointed in him.

i don't in any way compare it to Benz.

bUt Sports has been a strong strong supporter of both, and both acts were a shock and disappointment, (again granted no comparison in what was done). i wonder though, if Sports hadn't stop supporting Benz just a few months ago, after years of unwavering defense and support of him, would he had been more doubting about Benz situation (as per Chad).

I suspect not, but I had to ask.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:26 pm

Any woman who marries a superstar athlete in his early 20s... should expect him cheating. If she doesn't, then she's just foolish.

I'm married... but if i had supermodels throwing themselves at me every single day, i could easily see myself getting into trouble. I'm human.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:35 pm

Benzema had his time too. 7 years as a real madrid CF Laughing by far the worst Madrid CF who completed 5+ years.

He should have tried his blackmail magic on couple of La Liga referee's,we couldve won couple of more
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:37 pm

Adit wrote:Benzema had his time too. 7 years as a real madrid CF Laughing  by far the worst Madrid CF who completed 5+ years.

He should have tried his blackmail magic on couple of La Liga referee's,we couldve won couple of more

That statement is patently false.  Benz is only 10 goals away from being a top 10 scorer in Madrid history just for your info...  he's at 145.  Amaro is 10th at 155.  Then you have Butragueno and Pirri at 171.  Gento is at 179.  His ratio is far better than all these guys too (goals per appearance).  In order, those guys are at 0.33, 0.37, 0.30 and 0.30.  Benz is at 0.49.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:48 pm

That's why I never ever take statistics when comparing different eras. Ozil, Di maria, James were assisting at insane levels, cristiano scoring at insane levels, Benzema, Higuain all of them having pretty nice stats.

It is the effect of creation of super teams
Back in the day the talent was distributed now not only has football became so attacking minded but also the talent distribution is very bad.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:01 pm

That's false too.  Madrid was even more dominant domestically back in those days compared to today because they got everyone from Spain and the best 3-4 international players....  

There's a reason why Madrid has only won 7 La Liga titles since 1990 (25 years)... and won 14 from 1965-1990.  Heck, from 1960-65, the team won all of them lol.

And when you look at the top scorers for La Liga.... it's been very consistent in terms of stats other than Messi and Ronaldo since forever.  

Super teams have existed forever. Only difference is that they were domestic superteams as opposed to international ones. Impact in terms of dominance in domestic leagues was the same though since they cannibalized the available talent pool the same way.

Source:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Spanish_football_champions
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:16 pm

Nope just go back ward 13 years ago and you can see what I'm talking about. Valencia had a squad of greats, now there have squad of rejects. Seville same, Real Zaragoza ? Top squad now in second division. Super Deportivo. Atletico .Real betis with very strong squad. There is a reason why all of a sudden Real and Barca crosses 94 + points consistently to win the league.

Heck both teams crossed the 100 points mark 3 times in past 5 years. Real Madrid under Mourinho became the most scored team in history of Madrid , let that sink in for a moment.

Is Madrid under Mourinho the greatest attacking Madrid we have ever seen? Hell no. Wastly helped by the low quality of teams and talent centralization.

Tito vinalovas that team has the record for most point in history of League. Everything points to one thing.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:49 pm

three kinds of lies; regular lies, damn lies and stats.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:05 am

We're not comparing 13 years ago... all those guys ahead of him were pre-1990.  

Let's just look at 1988-1989 Real Madrid for example.... they scored 91 goals and conceded 37.  1989-1990...  Real Madrid scored 107 and conceded 38. 1987-1988...  95GF/26GA. Etc.

Now explain to me how we are not comparable today in terms of scoring compared to the guys in the 80s (Butragueno and Sanchez).

If you go further back, the number of games played are less.  I think it was 30 games forever then it went to 34 sometime in the 70s and then 38 in the 80s i believe.

During our golden years in the 60s where we played only 30 La Liga games.... we scored over 80 goals per season in La Liga.

I would actually argue that, in the past, the roles were more defined so the goals were more concentrated on the strikers. Nowadays, you have goals coming from multiple positions on the pitch.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:48 am; edited 3 times in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:05 am

If you sell Benzema you have to also sell either Cristiano or Bale too.. He's the only striker that can excel playing next to those guys while maintaining harmony because he's not selfish tbh
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:12 pm

Recent French survey

"Siete de cada diez franceses no quieren a Benzema en la selección"

70% of French do not want Benzema on NT!!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:32 pm

The French are haters of anyone successful. They didn't want Evra or Ribery either after WC2010... And that was close to 90%.

I've called down since the incident. He's not getting charged so no reason he shouldn't play. More importantly, Le Graet and Deschamps want him to play.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:39 pm

He is barely fit for more than four games though... Story of his last four season. Especially in critical second half of season.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:12 pm

Actually, Benz has been very reliable in terms of fitness... he's just been overplayed because Bale keeps getting injured and he can't be rested. So come the end of the season, he burns out with Bale here... This is the first season other than his first one where i've seen him have significant downtime due to injury.

Bale, as good as he's become, still creates a lot of problems due to his inability to just stay fit.

I used to get angry at Benz'slow starts actually. He corrected that this season.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:16 pm

Bale's still struggling with that hernia imo sports. That causes a LOT of problems indirectly. He needs to get that weakness patched up
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:19 pm

Out for 3 weeks. Bale out for the foressable future.

Better give Mayoral a chance.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next