Mr Nick09
Turok_TTZ
Perucho21
7 posters

Go down

Thank You Benzema Empty Thank You Benzema

Post by Perucho21 Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:31 pm

If he gets sold this summer I'd be the first to be in tears to see him be sold

He has so many critics. A lot. A lot would say he was never the "9" Madrid should have

But I think he has done a fantastic job in his time here. His partnership is something we won't see in a while.

He had a great performance today. When he walked out of the pitch I felt that this may have been his final game with the Madrid jersey

I do believe we have to move on from him, but all his criticism aside, he's certainly one of our best strikers in history.

Let's hope Mbappe or whoever else builds that partnership with Ronaldo

Gracias El gato
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Thank You Benzema Empty Re: Thank You Benzema

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:18 pm

Get in line I am his staunchest defender kek.

Mind says we sell him now. heart says we keep him so he can mentor m'bappe on the duties of a real madrid cf.

We won the double, I expect Benzema to stay. Though I have no qualms in selling him.

thank you for your service Benz.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:34 pm

Calm down, Benzema is not going anywhere lol, Mbappe or not
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:42 pm

I don't think so either but if we're to continue the path of dominance, tough decisions must be made.
I do not think Benz would relish a relegated role.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:03 pm

Benzema maintains the equilibrium up-front because of his unselfishness, and ability to play make.. He isn't going anywhere unless this team starts to decline badly, or he wants another challenge
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:22 pm

Yes, his equilibrium play was most apparent all season in La Liga. Just as we should not rewrite history throughout his career at the club (Way more good than bad), this season was his worst. In any department really. However, any positive performance was seen in the UCL.

So if he gets sold (he won't), I won't shed a tear but I would greatly appreciate what he has accomplished with this club. The fans would probably argue whether or not he is an icon which would be most fitting really.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:31 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:Benzema maintains the equilibrium up-front because of his unselfishness, and ability to play make.. He isn't going anywhere unless this team starts to decline badly, or he wants another challenge

the team is most likely selling morata, and probably sign another forward to compete, i don't see us keeping only one cf so i doubt he's going. however, this wasn't his best season by any stretch. if we're being 100 percent honest we won inspite of his and bale's form. i don't get all the thank you's and what not, he's not leaving.

hell, we might as well thank rafa for messing up so that we could get zidane, who has been able to motivate this team and use his full squad
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:38 pm

Not an icon. But a very productive contributor. Think Ivan Zamorano with a couple more seasons.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:45 pm

sportsczy wrote:Not an icon.  But a very productive contributor.  Think Ivan Zamorano with a couple more seasons.

I was thinking a (much) better Morientes. He even had that same polarizing view that Morientes shared. Of course, I can't help emphasis how much better he is than Morientes.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:59 pm

sportsczy wrote:Not an icon. But a very productive contributor. Think Ivan Zamorano with a couple more seasons.

i dunno, bambam was an aggressive scorer. technically benzema's more sound than bambam. but bambam had one thing and one thing on his mind, scoring. bambam was an out and out 9.

doc's analogy i like, morientes was extremely polarizing. in the game where he scored 5 against las palmas i think, he still had some criticisms from fans, cos he missed an earlier chance and cos afterwards he missed a pk to score 6. he was liked more by non-madrid fans
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:04 pm

benzema just defined a new kind of CR, the guy selflessly devoted his career to the service of CR for the good of RM, deserves some praise.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:10 pm

For the team... he did whatever the manager asked. Heck, he even became a killer scorer after a bit once Mourinho asked him to.

Issue with Benz is inconsistency. You get periods of absolute brilliance surrounded by times where he's dog shit.

A rhythm player by excellence. Cannot impact a game at all if he isn't feeling it regardless of how hard he tried (or not at times).

In his mind, he wanted to be a complete forward as opposed to just a striker... that was the core of the disconnect between his expectations and the fans'.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down