Jonathan28
LeVersacci
M99
40 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by M99 Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:25 pm

PR driven nonsense WTF is this Laughing I know some LOTR fans who I recommended the game to who had no idea of the Nemesis system or anything about the game and they all loved it. I did not know much about it either and I find it very well done. And it is impressive that the game can create your own unique story with a few voiceovers instead of a half an hour cutscene in this day and age. I don't see what is so overrated of a game giving you the opportunity to have your own unique dynamic experience.

We are easily impressed by SOM...says the guy who is impressed by mario kart 8 Proud

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:27 pm

Shadow of Mordor was a good game but after i finished it i had no incentive to play it anymore, there was nothing else to do and Nemesis system eventually gets repetitive.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:29 pm

That own unique story you call it is such an after thought that it might as well not exist.

" I'm going cut you up bla bla bla " as if I'm going to remember that 5 mins later.

Anyway I found it very shallow and boring, the rest of the game is good but it's not GOTY good or this fresh experience it was claimed to be.

Anyway that's my opinion I don't care how it's received, most of the world seems to hate AC Unity but I love it so obviously people have different tastes.

So what if I like Mario Kart? Because it doesn’t have guns and blood spilling everywhere it's not good now? It's one of the best and most enjoyable racers I have ever played and considering how it's been received by almost every community I'm obviously not the only one who thinks so.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:55 pm

So the Nemesis system is an afterthought just because you don't like it? Far from an afterthought. It's a simple but very effective gameplay mechanic which makes one's playthrough unique and entertaining. I don't get how people having fun with it is actually them falling for "PR driven nonsense"

I played the new Mario Kart on college and saw no difference in Mario Kart on Wii U and the one I played years ago on Gamecube. Better graphics and underwater, anti gravity racing, brb 9/10 IGN. Same with Smash Bros. Repetitive like COD and FIFA but does not get called out on because Nintendo fanboys are the most violent on the net (not referring to u mole)
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:57 pm

1) Bayonetta 2
2) Mario Kart 8
3) Far Cry 4
4) DK Tropical Freeze
5) Shovel Knight
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:03 pm

Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Kart Wii, and Mario Kart 7 are all straight up garbage compared to Mario Kart 8. I hate those games.

Mario Kart 8 is better in pretty much every way. The gameplay is vastly different and far more defensive and strategic than ever. The course design is far more interesting and complex than any of the previous games. The online mode actually has features this time around and gives you a lot of different options and ways to play. And they knocked the music out of the park.

Haven't played mordor so idk but Mario Kart 8 is absolutely amazing and saying it's just another one with a new coat of paint or whatever is selling it short by quite a large margin.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:13 pm

I didn't say the entire system was an afterthought I said the cutscene and voice over parts were.

It's pr driven nonsense because it doesn’t work as advertised.

I played the new Mario Kart on college and saw no difference in Mario Kart on Wii U and the one I played years ago on Gamecube. Better graphics and underwater, anti gravity racing

Clearly there is a difference then lol, you can't fly or do stunt tricks in the Gamecube version either. The two games are drastically different and don't even play close to being the same.

That's without factoring how big of a factor each of those features have on track design etc, there isn't a game which has been going as long as Mario Kart that has changed from an design and feature stand point as much.

The mere idea that it hasn't changed much is hilarious and plain wrong, Smash Bros you might have a point on but who cares? It's still as fun as ever.

Oh and btw I wasn't talking about reviewers like IGN I meant gamers themselves. For example Mario Kart was voted by Eurogamer readers as game of the year and they ain't the only ones.

They obviously have been wasting their time playing the same game from a decade ago though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:54 pm

I don't know what advertisement you saw, the Nemesis system is exactly what it was described as. It ended up being more fun than what was described.

It is true that Mario Kart and Smash Bros are still the same game that have been around for years. New race tracks and a bigger roster is the same as adding jetpacks in COD or Pro Passing on FIFA but you know which games get criticized and which ones get praised to the moon. Eurogamer users voting it GOTY or it winning BAFTA Childrens GOTY does not disprove that. It will keep on getting rave user reviews because a lot of Nintendo fans assert that the company keeps on releasing masterpiece game after masterpiece game.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:59 pm

I have given my thoughts on SOM before. It's not a ground breaking game. And it's not a game you would touch after playing it once. But it's a good game and not terrible.

I couldn't take the game seriously about the god awful AI. That game is designed for 12 year olds.

But many would like it for the same reason why people like Gotham.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:04 pm

M99 wrote:I don't know what advertisement you saw, the Nemesis system is exactly what it was described as. It ended up being more fun than what was described.

It is true that Mario Kart and Smash Bros are still the same game that have been around for years. New race tracks and a bigger roster is the same as adding jetpacks in COD or Pro Passing on FIFA.

1. That's bullshit as we both already proved.
2. Unlike those games there isn't a new Mario Kart every year in fact there's one a generation lol.

3. I hope you are trolling otherwise you are quite thick, because what you just wrote out does anything that you have called me a hater for before.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:10 pm

Oh and designing new tracks is the same as jet packs and pro passing??

Yep sure looks it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:44 pm

RealGunner wrote:
I couldn't take the game seriously about the god awful AI. That game is designed for 12 year olds.

But many would like it for the same reason why people like Gotham.

AI has been s*** in every game for long time, there's been absolutely no progress since the beginning of the last generation and the general public doesn't seem to mind :/ The prime example is Last Of Us which is for a massive amount of people the game of the generation but has AI as sophisticated as the CoD Nazi Zombies.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:00 am

That I agree with AI has hardly moved forward at all in like 15 years lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:20 am

Lots of mentions of Bayonetta 2, might have to pick it up
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:12 am

Where did the technology they used for the AI in FEAR go? Thy game came out in like 2005 and no shooters or games really ever come even close to having AI as good as that game. I remember thinking when it came out that it was a sign of things to come for next gen AI. Then absolutely nothing even came close ever again

The last of us AI was a problem because I felt like I could just get out of difficult situations in really cheap ways because everyone was so stupid
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:44 am

VendettaRed07 wrote:Where did the technology they used for the AI in FEAR go? Thy game came out in like 2005 and no shooters or games really ever come even close to having AI as good as that game. I remember thinking when it came out that it was a sign of things to come for next gen AI. Then absolutely nothing even came close ever again

To be honest; and I hate to be that guy again but with many console games struggling to hit 30FPS I doubt that developers would sacrifice even more performance on something that the general public barely notices. Especially if it's something that would make the game potentially more difficult and turn off newcomers or casuals. The sad truth is that making a game look as good as possible at the absolute minimum playable FPS takes precedent over actual game-play.

The even sadder truth is that despite this priority on making games look good we're only just now incorporating graphical features that were introduced by Crysis in 2007 in mainstream games.

While I'm in the anti-console sentiment - Lizard Squad tried the same sh*t with Steam yesterday - 1 server out of 62 got stalled for 8 seconds Laughing
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:29 am

Surprised Dragon Age Inquisition is not getting much attention here despite getting good reviews and winning lots of GOTY awards.

My top 5:

1. Far Cry 4
2. Shadow of Mordor
3. Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes
4. The Walking Dead Season Two
5. AC Unity
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:00 pm

Sure I am thick for calling out Nintendo games being overrated and overhyped as f Laughing

And agree on the SOM AI, definitely one of the weak points. It's as bad as it was in Batman. Most games AI has not evolved at all, it's almost literally the same AI that was in MGS2 10 years ago.

Nearly forgot about TWD season 2, have to pick that up soon. I don't have enough time to play Dragon Age since I'm leaving my consoles in 2 weeks. Dragon Age is winning GOTY in most places.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:21 pm

M99 wrote:Sure I am thick for calling out Nintendo games being overrated and overhyped as f Laughing

That's not what you did though, you straight came out and said that designing new tracks like one I posted is the same as FIFA pro passing Laughing

Anyway Nintendo hasn't been overhyped and overrated in the main for like a decade, this thread proves that. Me and Vendetta being the only one who likes them proves that and Wii U and Gamecube struggling to sell proves that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:08 pm

I kinda miss the Crysis difficulty settings - Hardest was maximum AI, no software reticle and enemies started speaking Korean instead of English.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:41 pm

hmm

Prices are bit OTT though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:46 pm

They're going to bring back PS1/PS2 games as well. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:49 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

hmm

Prices are bit OTT though.

That's as good as backwards compatibility we are going to get.

Might play Bioshock infinite on PS4 afterall :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:02 pm

There's quite a few a ps3 games I didn't get round to playing so I'd probably get it for that.

Although I'd probably cancel the subscription once I'm finished.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:45 am

Bought and downloaded Transistor yesterday. I've only just started playing it, but I'm genuinely interested to learn more about Red, the other characters, and the world that they live in. The atmosphere of the game actually reminds me of Final Fantasy 7. I should've picked it up sooner.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:45 am

Reading the latest posts on Shadow of Mordor.. I complained heavily on how ridiculously easy it was . I tried to make it difficult for myself and i only managed to get more OP , honestly , i haven't experienced this in a game before Laughing

I like the concept and world obvs , i like the animations and the hunting of orcs , yet it's ridiculously easy . And the Batman AI , at the very least when you were to sneak in places , or certain bosses , weren't that ridiculously  stupid. Not by any stretch of the imagination . In SOM even the last boss if you take more than 2 retries something is seriously wrong , best i can say you were bored with the game by then.

Other things like picking thugs in the Batman games , yeah , ok , AI wasn't good . But imo it doesn't even compare to SOM. I said it in the other thread ; no matter if a million is there to kill you , only 2 orcs will attack . The others just scream . You can sustain yourself and one can literaly continue as long as they like , the thing is , unlike with Batman , you won't even get a glimpse of that excitement of managing a combo over 100x , you'll be bored by then. The combat system in Batman is much harder than this . You actually have to be responsive and it only gets better and more fun , never the opposite .

Copying and combining elements is one thing . Doing it poorly is what this game did , most of them at least.This game was all fancy prancy eye candy there for the taking , but it's so unashamedly forgiving with it's combo-system and AI and Talion being so laughably OP that puts you out of immersion , lore , excitement when you actually play..the animations get old pretty fast even though they remain great. In the end it's EASY , to the point it's not fun anymore , even the fun stuff soon change into show off , you're not left with anything else.. I get you don't play such games for a challenge , but ffs , at least make me try , not remember to hit execution after every 3 secs .

I've reconsedered since i played tbh , this game is over rated . It's GOTY for renting , that's what it is. That's not a game that you will spend more than a week at most, there's no challenge in it , you just want to see what happens and you bore yourself on the way. Golum missions and all the cut scenes is what i enjoyed the most and i especially waited for this game , had high expectations tbh. All the rest became repeatitive and 'lesser' by the end . I'd give it a 6.5 / 10 , despite criticism , it's not really a bad game. But it has major flaws despite it's right ideas in many cases , the execution of it all prevents it from being something trully big.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next