Highburied
Jay29
Hapless_Hans
48 posters

Page 25 of 44 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34 ... 44  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:53 am

I would also say that i am fairly happy with Marcelo individually now, he has come a long way. What he missed for so long in madrid was support on his wing from CR, and it doesnt matter who you are, you wont survive 2v1 on your side of defense. As he gets older, he naturally gets better, it's not rocket science.

Crude reality is that there is no full proof right back out there. You will miss Sagna's experiene because there is no subsitute for that (well unless you sign Arbeloa Proud). Defense is 50% the discipline of the player himself and 50% what the other players do to support him when he goes forward, specially with the young guys. Ideally you renew him, but if he wants too much money (who offers him that much btw?) then here is a list of right backs: Danilo, De Sciglio, Chambers, Clyne, Coleman, Pisczek, Debuchy, Oscar de Marcos (not sure what his release clause is), Hugo Mallo, Serge Aurier, Corchia, Joao Pereira...

I look at that list and Debuchy or Pisczek are no brainer to me. Both upgrade the quality of your team on that wing.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:25 pm

Our buddy Jan Aage Fjortoft back with Draxler talk.  hmm 

Jan Aage Fjortoft ‏@JanAageFjortoft 2h

Re: Draxler I understand Bayern will try to make a deal with Schalke where they pay part of fee now, but Draxler will come to Bayern 2015

Jan Aage Fjortoft ‏@JanAageFjortoft 2h

Re: Draxler I have been told that Arsenal felt they "lost" player when Bayern entered the stage. But I understand player hasn't decided yet
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:35 pm

More stuff:

1. Ginter being scouted and an £8 million bid being prepared?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/17/football-transfer-rumours?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfers-matthias-ginter-race-3250381

2. More reportage (or outright speculation, considering the source) on Sagna negotiations: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/03/17/4690114/arsenal-make-sagna-improved-offer-as-inter-step-up-chase

3. Mirror says Mrs. Giroud tells Oli to secure a move back to France.  Laughing 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-striker-olivier-girouds-wife-3247872
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:08 pm

Chumlum wrote:More stuff:

3. Mirror says Mrs. Giroud tells Oli to secure a move back to France.  Laughing 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-striker-olivier-girouds-wife-3247872

He knows if Arsenal buy a top striker, he will be the next Bendtner and Park. With Sanogo starting some big games, I am sure he knows any striker comes in will beat him to starting line up. I dont believe he is leaving dough, the papers are making up shit again.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:11 pm

Re Ginter:11 of his 25 apps this season have been in Midfield[rest in defence obv]
killing 2 birds with one stone hmm

at 8M would be great deal

as for Drax would love him here but wont lose sleep over it if it doesn't happen
lets try Reus while we are there Twisted Evil
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:04 pm

I never said Sagna is bad technically.

Only that offensively he's not going to do anything, he's fairly decent at keeping the ball so he's obviously not bad technically.

But he can't do anything beyond the half way line, his defending is nowhere near as good as it used to be anyway.

Ribery made him his bitch on numerous occasions at the Allianz and Alaba got in behind him with regularity.

He's a great player but not a once in a generation RB you can't replace like some on here act like he is.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:10 pm

Mole how much would you pay for Giroud? I can see him being a legend for you guys.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:35 pm

Alright, using Bayern's wingplay as examples of his decline is probably the most unfair basis one could think of Laughing

Given our entire team defended well, just as they did the season before when Jenkinson started, it's irrelevant. Especially when coupled with the fact that for 38 games a season he'll probably play 3-4 wingers that are either world beaters or in unplayable form. Not gonna be Bayern every Saturday.

And we're not just signing a rightback but a long servant of the club who can play anywhere along the back line.

I agree that if he really is asking £20million over three years and there's no way of compromise we should cut him loose. That's extravagant and he is getting on in years. But over the past two seasons his crosses have improved and he's become a decent offensive outlet.

Still one of the best rightbacks in the league and an important figure. Should do everything to keep him beyond what is unrealistic or damaging to the club.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:39 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I never said Sagna is bad technically.

Only that offensively he's not going to do anything, he's fairly decent at keeping the ball so he's obviously not bad technically.

But he can't do anything beyond the half way line, his defending is nowhere near as good as it used to be anyway.

Ribery made him his bitch on numerous occasions at the Allianz and Alaba got in behind him with regularity.

He's a great player but not a once in a generation RB you can't replace like some on here act like he is.

Mole, Ribery is probably the best dribbler on the left wing in football atm, having a hard time against him is a given. Alaba is currently the best at overlapping from left back at the moment. Again, not a shame to have issuees dealing with those guys. Now factor in the fact that Sagna was alone vs those 2, so what exactly can you reproach to him?

I remember Arbeloa doing a good job at controlling Ribery, but that doesnt make him good according to u either...

so i am not sure bringing up ribery should factor into the appreciation of Sagna.

Think back at how Bayern stopped barca last year, they were 3 covering the each wing, robben/Javi/Lham, Ribery/piggy/alaba. If you want to stop juggernaut attacks, you need a bit more than just one player to do it. play prime maldini alone vs ribery and alaba and he gets raped all day.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:43 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I never said Sagna is bad technically.

Mole, Ribery is probably the best dribbler on the left wing in football atm, having a hard time against him is a given. Alaba is currently the best at overlapping from left back at the moment. Again, not a shame to have issuees dealing with those guys. Now factor in the fact that Sagna was alone vs those 2, so what exactly can you reproach to him?

I remember Arbeloa doing a good job at controlling Ribery, but that doesnt make him good according to u either...

so i am not sure bringing up ribery should factor into the appreciation of Sagna.

Think back at how Bayern stopped barca last year, they were 3 covering the each wing, robben/Javi/Lham, Ribery/piggy/alaba. If you want to stop juggernaut attacks, you need a bit more than just one player to do it. play prime maldini alone vs ribery and alaba and he gets raped all day.

when did RM face bayern?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:03 pm

semis 2012
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:05 pm

Also i disagree him being irreplaceable because of his aerial dominance.

He's very good in the air for a fullback yes but he's not even the leader of aerial duels won and percentage won in the PL.

That title goes to Debuchy and comfortably so, now you may not rate Debuchy this isn't about that but if there are better at that in the PL.

Then surely with the great scouts you have you can find someone who is better around Europe hmm

Also MJ i agree you should do everything you can to keep him, mainly because its not wise to keep losing and replacing players as you know damn well and he is still one the leagues best RBs.

But my point is he's not going to be as hard to replace as some are saying should you actually need to replace him.

Now if Sagna played for us and we needed to replace him i'd agree with you because we are shit Laughing but considering that your Arsenal and in the CL every year and building a team that is capable of winning things with money to burn i don't see it as such an impossible task.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:39 pm

The thing about Sagna is though that he covers a lot of ground on the pitch, he's usually against a winger and fullback all the time because Walcott isn't a great defender, besides he also covers the space behind Mertesacker.

Now imagine the situation where the attacking fullback at Arsenal is caught out in attack and that happens a lot because our pressing is non existent at times, that leaves a pacey winger against Mertesacker and you know the ending of that. So if Sagna leaves and we sign an "attacking" fullback to replace him, we need to sign a new first choice CB aswell - a CB who's fast enough to cover the space the fullback leaves behind, we need to tell Walcott to defend more while sacrificing his counter attacking game... that's too much trouble and change that is not needed. Not to mention his ability to play as CB, being our 4th choice CB - if we leaves and we sign one of those fullbacks Nick mentioned we also need to sign another CB too, as 4th choice or play someone like Hayden who's a significantly weaker player than Sagna.

All this trouble could be avoided if we just sign Sagna on a new contract for a few more years and plan these changes in the meantime.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:07 pm

Jeremy Wilson(Telegraph)

Jeremy Wilson has met Stan Kroenke on 3 occasions now. JW says SK has really taken to Arsenal & Premier League. Knows the game & players.

JW suggests Arsène will wait until the end of the season before deciding to sign a new contract. Club want him to stay but no decision yet.

JW suggests Arsène Wenger is perhaps worried that more fans will turn on him should Arsenal not win a trophy this season.

JW says Sagna has been offered new 2-yr deal at Arsenal but offered lucrative 3-yr deals elsewhere, including Galatasaray. Will decide soon.

JW confirms Arsenal bid for Draxler in January. Says club priority for this summer is a striker. Links us to Costa, Martinez & Mandzukic.

JW says that prior to his hamstring injury with Arsenal, Özil had never had such a soft tissue injury - that's according to the 'Özil camp'.

JW says not one player who has left Arsenal under Arsène has criticised him - this is hugely unusual. Well respected throughout the game.

Thanks to @fkhanage for the quotes
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:42 pm

RealGunner wrote:Jeremy Wilson(Telegraph)
JW confirms Arsenal bid for Draxler in January. Says club priority for this summer is a striker. Links us to Costa, Martinez & Mandzukic.

Encouraging if ture. Costa may be a tough get. Martinez would probably be terrific. Mandzukic is sort of underwhelming in that he doesn't have much explosive "marquee" factor, but he's definitely a good player and would be an upgrade to Giroud, which is the bare minimum for a big striker signing this summer. All three of them strike me as having at least a bit of a ruthless, asshole edge to them, and that would be a decent thing to incorporate into our attack.

JW says not one player who has left Arsenal under Arsène has criticised him - this is hugely unusual. Well respected throughout the game.

:wub: 
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:52 pm

The AST reckon we've got a £140mil transfer budget this summer/

Don't think money is going to be an issue somehow.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:07 pm

Spending it will be.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/10/17/4338988/wenger-agrees-to-sign-new-arsenal-contract

cheers
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:29 pm

RealGunner wrote:Spending it will be.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/10/17/4338988/wenger-agrees-to-sign-new-arsenal-contract

cheers

Whatsup with the 5 month old article, RG?

You :vagi:'d me there  Sad 
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:50 pm

Arsene's summer plans (we wish):

Spoiler:
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:17 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:The AST reckon we've got a £140mil transfer budget this summer/
Cavani 70M
Reus 45M
Lars 25M
 Wink drinking 
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:30 pm

Chumlum wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Jeremy Wilson(Telegraph)

Encouraging if ture. Costa may be a tough get. Martinez would probably be terrific. Mandzukic is sort of underwhelming in that he doesn't have much explosive "marquee" factor, but he's definitely a good player and would be an upgrade to Giroud, which is the bare minimum for a big striker signing this summer. All three of them strike me as having at least a bit of a ruthless, asshole edge to them, and that would be a decent thing to incorporate into our attack.

:wub: 

Mandzukic is essentially Giroud but more mobile and pacey if he is going to be the striker who will help us challenge for the league then I will be dissapointed. I don't see a 30 goal striker in him.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:40 pm

Mandzukic has killed it for Bayern this season, 23 goals and 9 assists in 36 apps.

Granted, many are questioning the quality of the Bundesliga these days with Bayern's unbeaten run and Schalke and Bayer's horrible CL performances but those numbers are not to be scoffed at.

Perhaps Hans has better insight but I think Mandzukic is quality. Perhaps he doesn't have the same star power as Costa who's become a household name out of nowhere.

Those are good numbers. Don't know how many strikers there are out there that can put up world class numbers.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:41 pm

I should clarify: that £140mil is our "cash reserves", so it's not exclusively used for the transfers though the club could choose to use it that way. I imagine a chunk of it will be kept aside for the planned training ground redevelopment, and any other improvements to infrastructure Arsenal are planning.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:43 pm

Follow up from JW

@JWTelegraph 6m
Expectation is now that Wenger will wait until end of season before finalising contract but club still v confident he'll stay
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:45 pm

Would prefer Costa to Mandzukic
but whatever that possible lol
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:45 pm

We don't need a 30 goal striker. We have a 20 goal RW and a 15 goal Midfielder along with 3-4 other players who can chip in 10 goals in the likes of Cazorla, Oxlade and Podolski. If we spend on a LW in the likes of SES/Draxler then 15+ goals coming in from there too

We need a better version of Giroud. Mandzukic is that. His pressing is unbelievable from the top. He is incredible stamina, very good pace. Links up fantastically well. Can definitely score 20 goals a season.

Granted he is a bit under whelming considering that Bayern don't want him anymore but look at our options. We don't have any.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 44 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34 ... 44  Next