Abramovich
DeletedUser#1
RealGunner
Firenze
McAgger
71 posters

Page 18 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 18 Empty Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic

Post by Unique Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:39 pm

losing to Chelsea was not what cost Liverpool the title. Chelsea were still one of the hardest teams to beat when you have it all to play for and they have nothing to play for. the 3-3 with palace and losing to Southampton were more at falt.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 18 Empty Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic

Post by Curtinho Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:50 pm

Don't call me James wrote: that's such a *bleep* myth Laughing We're just like every other club booing our players after 8 games in the season.

Some Liverpool fans, definitely.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:53 pm

When you lose by only 2 points it's impossible to pin it down to only one moment. Literally you can blame it on any time they drew a game and conceded a goal, or lost etc.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:54 pm

Don't call me James wrote:
Unique wrote:Former Germany midfielder Stefan Effenberg believes Klopp will be back coaching "very, very soon" and thinks he is suited to Anfield.

Effenberg, who played 35 times for Germany, winning the 1990 World Cup, is a good friend of the former Borussia Dortmund coach and told BBC World Service Sport: "He gave me this answer a couple of weeks ago. He said, 'I'm ready for a team that's not on the highest level, to create something, to build something up'. This could be Liverpool, right?"

Speaking at the Aspire For Sport conference in Berlin he added: "Liverpool is one of the greatest atmospheres. It's pretty much the same as Dortmund. The fans stay with everything behind the club and this is what Jurgen Klopp likes and what he needs.

"So maybe, very soon, we'll hear something from Jurgen Klopp, to make a decision, maybe, for Liverpool."

lol that's such a *bleep* myth Laughing   We're just like every other club booing our players after 8 games in the season.
what fans would out sing ac milan fans at 3-0 down at half time in that final. also the kop is famous for its support the world over. I think its that sort of thing people mean when they talk about the Liverpool support
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:56 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:When you lose by only 2 points it's impossible to pin it down to only one moment. Literally you can blame it on any time they drew a game and conceded a goal, or lost etc.
true. but beating Southampton is not as hard as beating Chelsea. and also winning the game at 3-0 up v palace was easyer than beating Chelsea. I guess my point is we dropped points in easyer games than Chelsea.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:57 pm

Unique wrote:
Unique wrote:Former Germany midfielder Stefan Effenberg believes Klopp will be back coaching "very, very soon" and thinks he is suited to Anfield.

Effenberg, who played 35 times for Germany, winning the 1990 World Cup, is a good friend of the former Borussia Dortmund coach and told BBC World Service Sport: "He gave me this answer a couple of weeks ago. He said, 'I'm ready for a team that's not on the highest level, to create something, to build something up'. This could be Liverpool, right?"

Speaking at the Aspire For Sport conference in Berlin he added: "Liverpool is one of the greatest atmospheres. It's pretty much the same as Dortmund. The fans stay with everything behind the club and this is what Jurgen Klopp likes and what he needs.

"So maybe, very soon, we'll hear something from Jurgen Klopp, to make a decision, maybe, for Liverpool."

lol that's such a *bleep* myth Laughing   We're just like every other club booing our players after 8 games in the season.
what fans would out sing ac milan fans at 3-0 down at half time in that final. also the kop is famous for its support the world over. I think its that sort of thing people mean when they talk about the Liverpool support

I'm not talking about 30, 20, heck even 10 years ago. It certainly used to be how you say.

I'm talking about today. How the fans were booing vs. Sion. Booing vs. Everton. YNWA my ass. That whole romantic Liverpool bs is history. The support for the club is nothing more special than any other clubs.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:03 pm

Unique wrote:

I'm not talking about 30, 20, heck even 10 years ago. It certainly used to be how you say.

I'm talking about today. How the fans were booing vs. Sion. Booing vs. Everton. YNWA my ass. That whole romantic Liverpool bs is history. The support for the club is nothing more special than any other clubs.

at this moment the fans do that, not sure how to compare the fan base ! But I think our fans image is a historic one as you said Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:03 pm

Curtinho wrote:
Lex wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:And no, it wasn't just Suarez, Liverpool were very well coached that year. Rodgers performed fantastically that year.
Except, you know, in defence which, ultimately, led to their demise. 50 goals conceded, was it?

That's not a coaching issue it's a personnel issue, and the defence didn't 'lead to their demise' if you're referring to not winning the league. That was a slip that really crushed the confidence and swagger hey had going into the final stretch because it allowed City to close the gap.

Uhmmm. No.
Yes, you have/had shit defenders, but are you going to tell me no level of the defensive capabilities of a squad also falls on the coaching staff. I mean, if your team concedes left, right and center you have to work something out to rectify that, because simples as, no team goes on and wins the league after conceding so many goals. I know that sounds a little bit crazy as you guys almost pulled it off. But obviously you guys are going to pin it down on that Palace and Chelsea games because that was the telling point/climax of the season. Doesn't change the fact though that the season is played over 38 and most if not every one of those games are vital and play a part at your total at the end of the season. It's logical and simple mathematics (one more goal scored leads to the next point gained, just as much as one more goal conceded leads to the next point dropped - approximately, of course). And I see that as a better analysis rather than living in moments by picking out 'make or break' moments.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:35 pm

Honestly, in tears in prospect of Uncle Kloppo being our manager.

I'm all ready to fall in love with football again

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:58 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:Honestly, in tears in prospect of Uncle Kloppo being our manager.

Feel the same way. Can't believe one piece of news completely changes your passion for something. I was dead beat in the water with football over the last 6 months.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:12 pm

inb4AlanCurbishley
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:32 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:Honestly, in tears in prospect of Uncle Kloppo being our manager.

until he loses a few games
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:35 pm

Unique wrote:

until he loses a few games

Every manager loses games.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:23 pm

It's gonna be work in progress, but I expect the football itself to actually be enjoyable to watch. I mean there is nowhere to go but up at this point for L'Pool.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:24 pm

Eventhough I don't really want another strong rival for top 4, It would be great to have Klopp in the PL

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:31 pm

if Liverpool drew every game this season 0-0 I would have said give Rodgers time. losing suarez should not mean stoke put 6 past us. the problem with Rodgers is he coached the team at the wrong end.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:51 am

!!!
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:55 am

El Gunner wrote:
Curtinho wrote:
Lex wrote:
Except, you know, in defence which, ultimately, led to their demise. 50 goals conceded, was it?

That's not a coaching issue it's a personnel issue, and the defence didn't 'lead to their demise' if you're referring to not winning the league. That was a slip that really crushed the confidence and swagger hey had going into the final stretch because it allowed City to close the gap.

Uhmmm. No.
Yes, you have/had shit defenders, but are you going to tell me no level of the defensive capabilities of a squad also falls on the coaching staff. I mean, if your team concedes left, right and center you have to work something out to rectify that, because simples as, no team goes on and wins the league after conceding so many goals. I know that sounds a little bit crazy as you guys almost pulled it off. But obviously you guys are going to pin it down on that Palace and Chelsea games because that was the telling point/climax of the season. Doesn't change the fact though that the season is played over 38 and most if not every one of those games are vital and play a part at your total at the end of the season. It's logical and simple mathematics (one more goal scored leads to the next point gained, just as much as one more goal conceded leads to the next point dropped - approximately, of course). And I see that as a better analysis rather than living in moments by picking out 'make or break' moments.

Don't talk logic. Throwing Gerrard as the deepest man in midfield was a master piece.

As was playing with 9 men behind the ball for half the season. (And 8 when Sterling found some consistent game time) Greatest tactician EVERRRR.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:03 am

Curtinho wrote:
Lex wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:And no, it wasn't just Suarez, Liverpool were very well coached that year. Rodgers performed fantastically that year.

So Rodgers takes ALL the credit for "SAS" yet takes no blame for not knowing how to set up a team?

Gerrard in a post game presser said it himself:

The tactic was to defend and let "SAS" do THEIR thing. There was no tactical wonders in display. Just two simply brilliant players taking advantage of a league that was weakened moving into the new era. (SAF retiring, Chelsea, Spurs, City and United all getting new managers that season.)

Teams feared SAS; not Liverpool. Teams would prioritize in closing "SAS" down which would lead Henderson, Sterling and co to exploit that space.

Now, don't get me wrong. It was a good season and many players performed. But it wasn't because of Rodgers ffs. He only won one game away in the first 7 months of the season or something ridiculous like that. SAS brought the momentum, which brought the fans into it, which brought the fear factor. No teams feared Liverpool after Suarez left, and that's because "greatest manager in the world" had no idea. Which lead to his deserved sack.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:08 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The only ones who say SAS carried Liverpool that year are the people who didn't watch Liverpool.

*bleep* off. rofl

Just proves all you did was MOTM and have no clue. rofl

I watched every single game that season. And have watched majority of the games after that. In fact, I called for Rodgers sacking in THAT season where we were almost won the title because he wasn't competent then, wasn't competent now.

Mid-table manager at best that simply got lucky and went for the short-term glory (building a system around two players was never going to work in the long term) rather than building a legacy. Shame, because I really did like him once upon a time.

Also, if he was competent he would of replaced "SAS".

He didn't "lose" Suarez. You people claim like he left for nothing. He spent 200m in 2 seasons to replace him and still couldn't do it.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:21 am

I remember Rodgers tried various formations before we settled on diamond (SAS). So Rodgers of course got SAS and whole thing playing. So credit goes to him. He even started getting best of Coutinho and Sterling, using them intelligently when needed.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:56 pm

Notes from a Barrett interview about the whole situation:

After finishing with the press, Brendan went to the dressing room & spoke to the players. Everything was very normal, none of the players or Brendan thought anything out of the ordinary would happen.It was when they got back to Melwood, Rodgers got the call from Mike Gordon who told him his services were no longer required. Apparently Rodgers took it well, given the surprise, he has to take a lot of credit for that. He went home (15 miles from Melwood) & was greeted by Ayre who met with him as well.The transfer committee was doomed to fail. thought it was a mistake for Rodgers to insist on not working with a DOF(Director Of Football). There was clashes immediately over Sturridge (club wanted him, Rodgers wanted Dempsey). Rodgers wanted Allen for 15m but the committee thought he was too expensive. Rodgers wanted one player, the committee wanted another. Rodgers' good faith in agreeing to signing Firmino (committee) was repaid by LFC meeting Benteke's clause. LFC have let 31 players out and 33 players in. The return on the pitch is the worst in the club's history. Rodgers had stopped believing in the committee and the committee in him. Sakho's contract renewal was for me the first sign that Rodgers's time was limited. Had Rodgers given the owners a list of top players to purchase, they would have been on his side. The problem is the committee didn't really deliver on their side of the bargain either. The club feel that if they get a manager who believes in the commitee signings & gives them a system to flourish in. Klopp looks like its going to be done. The new LFC manager will manage a club that needs shaking up. There are people at LFC who need a kick up the backside. The restrictions (resources/finances) will be similar to Germany. Mike Gordon (FSG president) is the one with the most hands on role. He'll be leading the chase for the new manager.This is an appointment where LFC have to get right because these opportunities don't come around often.

Sounds like a pretty toxic situation regardless of whether you like the committee signings or Rodgers' signings better. Hopefully all this background non-sense can be resolved regardless of who is brought in. Now, where the blame is placed can be taken with a pinch of salt...depending on if you think that Barrett is a mouthpiece for the club.

Last edited by Curtinho on Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:58 pm

sounds to me like the transfer committee was actually balancing Rodgers' terrible transfer instincts to the better
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:18 pm

it is very important that new manager doesnt fall pray to this BS from FSG.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:35 pm

A transfer should work like this. A manager tells the club what players he wants. Then the club should negotiate a price for the players if they can afford them he gets them. If not they tell the manager they can't afford the player and to look at other options. No way should the club be signing players and then saying to the manager here you go fit him into the team.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:57 pm

Unique wrote:A transfer should work like this. A manager tells the club what players he wants. Then the club should negotiate a price for the players if they can afford them he gets them. If not they tell the manager they can't afford the player and to look at other options. No way should the club be signing players and then saying to the manager here you go fit him into the team.

So the club should not inquire at all about said player so long as he is affordable? That's BS.

I admire Liverpool for creating a transfer committee, I don't know if these people are competent but the idea is right. Clubs shouldn't accept mediocre players just because the manager thinks it'll be worth it, unless they well agree on it and make the decision themselves.

If anything no club should rely on one person doing everything like most English clubs do.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next