Abramovich
DeletedUser#1
RealGunner
Firenze
McAgger
71 posters

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 17 Empty Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic

Post by El Gunner Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:42 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The only ones who say SAS carried Liverpool that year are the people who didn't watch Liverpool.

Agreed. It was Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 17 Empty Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic

Post by Adit Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:43 am

I don't think a ' super coach like Ancelotti will take over that midtable squad. My bet is on Klopp.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:00 am

RealGunner wrote:Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 1m1 minute ago
Carlo Ancelotti is in London (where #LFC have an office) at present but Jurgen Klopp is seen by FSG as an excellent fit

I wont believe it till it happens Laughing what a joke of a journalist he is !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:05 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:And no, it wasn't just Suarez, Liverpool were very well coached that year. Rodgers performed fantastically that year.
Except, you know, in defence which, ultimately, led to their demise. 50 goals conceded, was it?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:17 am

Ok, now that he's been sacked I can stick my neck out for him and say the following:

You don't sell you best players and scapegoat the coach for the bad results. Am I saying Rodgers is a great coach? No, absolutely not. Is he to blame for what happened to Liverpool? Absolutely. But, and this is a big but (no pun intended), Rodgers would've done better with Suarez and Sterling.

It's the same thing with United. They scapegoated Moyes for the bad results even though they didn't buy him shit. Imagine if Moyes had the massive warchest that LVG has had, don't you think he would've done as well as LVG or even better?

Miracles rarely ever happen in football, therefore people should stop selling their best players and hoping for a miracle to happen. And I find it unfair and borderline ridiculous to blame the general of your army for losing the war after you had sent home his best soldiers.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:28 am

This just makes what Wenger has accomplished that much more amazing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:40 am

Rodgers deserves credit for the season we finished 2nd, he found a system that got the best out of our best players.

But ever since after that he was clueless as to what formation to play, which players to play in which positions, which players to buy...

Yes, losing Suarez and then Sturridge to injury for pretty much the whole of last season makes it understandable that our results worsened. However, if he was a good manager he would have found better solutions already than he did.

I do wonder where his next job will be, will he be able to get a job in the Premier League or not. I guess I could see a club like Aston Villa take a chance on him if their results don't improve and Sherwood goes.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:44 am

He can take over for Moysie at Real Sociedad while Moysie can take over for Sir Steve McClaren at Newcastle.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:46 am

Art Morte wrote:Rodgers deserves credit for the season we finished 2nd, he found a system that got the best out of our best players.

But ever since after that he was clueless as to what formation to play, which players to play in which positions, which players to buy...

Yes, losing Suarez and then Sturridge to injury for pretty much the whole of last season makes it understandable that our results worsened. However, if he was a good manager he would have found better solutions already than he did.

I do wonder where his next job will be, will he be able to get a job in the Premier League or not. I guess I could see a club like Aston Villa take a chance on him if their results don't improve and Sherwood goes.
put £30 on him going to Newcastle. easy money. Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:59 am

I'd take that Laughing

Really can't see that happening though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:05 am

If Newcastle and Villa both stay in the relegation zone or near it they're certainly going to change managers mid-season, so there could be decent openings in the Prem. If it's Bournemouth and Norwich in the relegation zone, these clubs may well keep their managers. And we'll see whether Allardyce goes to Sunderland or do they have to find someone else. Sam might wait for something better, because Sunderland's squad belongs in the relegation zone. Anyway, Brendan might even find himself a PL job.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:09 am

Art Morte wrote:If Newcastle stay in the relegation zone or near it they're certainly going to change managers mid-season.

Nah.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:09 am

Hope he ends up at a club which still has to travel to Anfield when he takes over.

The popcorns would be worth the grabbings.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:22 am

Lex wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:And no, it wasn't just Suarez, Liverpool were very well coached that year. Rodgers performed fantastically that year.
Except, you know, in defence which, ultimately, led to their demise. 50 goals conceded, was it?

That's not a coaching issue it's a personnel issue, and the defence didn't 'lead to their demise' if you're referring to not winning the league. That was a slip that really crushed the confidence and swagger hey had going into the final stretch because it allowed City to close the gap.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:25 am

Former Germany midfielder Stefan Effenberg believes Klopp will be back coaching "very, very soon" and thinks he is suited to Anfield.

Effenberg, who played 35 times for Germany, winning the 1990 World Cup, is a good friend of the former Borussia Dortmund coach and told BBC World Service Sport: "He gave me this answer a couple of weeks ago. He said, 'I'm ready for a team that's not on the highest level, to create something, to build something up'. This could be Liverpool, right?"

Speaking at the Aspire For Sport conference in Berlin he added: "Liverpool is one of the greatest atmospheres. It's pretty much the same as Dortmund. The fans stay with everything behind the club and this is what Jurgen Klopp likes and what he needs.

"So maybe, very soon, we'll hear something from Jurgen Klopp, to make a decision, maybe, for Liverpool."
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:29 am

Stefan Effenberg telling us he read the same interview we all read Thumbs up
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:44 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Stefan Effenberg telling us he read the same interview we all read Thumbs up
Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:19 am

Good bye Brendan.

It's sad that things didn't work out the way we (I) dreamed. It's wasn't our fault that we had such lofty dreams, after all, that's what fans are all about. I know you gave your best and it's not your fault that, that wasn't enough. As we part ways, let neither parties bear any bitterness. Both were at fault and both have learned at great cost. Let the learning be our guiding light, here on. Our paths will certainly cross, and when they do; let there be only reverence and affection.

It's easy to lay all the blame on you, too easy. So I will say, in no uncertain terms, that it wasn't 100% your fault just as it wasn't 100% SAS when you dared us to dream.

Farewell my friend, where ever you fare.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:21 am

Lex wrote:

Why is this such a common misconception? They didn't lose the title because they couldn't defend, they lost because they couldn't break Chelsea down. Had they won that game, they would've won the title, simple as that.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:21 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Stefan Effenberg telling us he read the same interview we all read Thumbs up

I'd actually hope we sign Effenberg. He'd still walk into our midfield, was easily one of my favourite players to watch growing up.

The German Roy Keane, loved the mad bastard.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:27 am

Cruijf wrote:
Lex wrote:

Why is this such a common misconception? They didn't lose the title because they couldn't defend, they lost because they couldn't break Chelsea down. Had they won that game, they would've won the title, simple as that.
And that crucial game with Crystal Palace, when they were 3-0 up and got pegged back 3-3 and caused Suarez to break down? Mightn't that have something to do with it too? Rolling Eyes
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:31 am

If anything, the Crystal Palace game was the nail in the coffin because, even with the loss to Chelsea, Liverpool could have STILL won the title. It all fell apart at Selhurst Park
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:46 am

Lex wrote:If anything, the Crystal Palace game was the nail in the coffin because, even with the loss to Chelsea, Liverpool could have STILL won the title. It all fell apart at Selhurst Park

Maybe you don't know how this works, but that extra 2 points would have tied them with City, who weren't dropping points with their schedule, and they still would have lost on GD.

So no, they couldn't still win the title. They had to beat or draw Chelsea and Gerrard's slip and Liverpool's subsequent inability to score sealed that title.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:48 am

Lex wrote:If anything, the Crystal Palace game was the nail in the coffin because, even with the loss to Chelsea, Liverpool could have STILL won the title. It all fell apart at Selhurst Park

it's wrong though. The loss to Chelsea, allowed City to go level with us with 8+ better GD. So in order to win the title, we had to try and beat their GD, or hope they "slip".

City's last 2 matches were Villa (H), Westham (H).
Ours were Palace (A), Newcastle (H).

Both team same points......It was very unlikley that City in that form drop points to two mid-table teams with nothing to play for, so taking risk to beat the GD was our best bet.

Especially since Newcastle were on their holidays, and at that Palace match we went up 3-0 at 60th minute, creating chances at will. I still believe it was the right decision to go chase the GD. That was our only hope,

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:20 am

Unique wrote:Former Germany midfielder Stefan Effenberg believes Klopp will be back coaching "very, very soon" and thinks he is suited to Anfield.

Effenberg, who played 35 times for Germany, winning the 1990 World Cup, is a good friend of the former Borussia Dortmund coach and told BBC World Service Sport: "He gave me this answer a couple of weeks ago. He said, 'I'm ready for a team that's not on the highest level, to create something, to build something up'. This could be Liverpool, right?"

Speaking at the Aspire For Sport conference in Berlin he added: "Liverpool is one of the greatest atmospheres. It's pretty much the same as Dortmund. The fans stay with everything behind the club and this is what Jurgen Klopp likes and what he needs.

"So maybe, very soon, we'll hear something from Jurgen Klopp, to make a decision, maybe, for Liverpool."

lol that's such a *bleep* myth Laughing We're just like every other club booing our players after 8 games in the season.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:39 am

losing to Chelsea was not what cost Liverpool the title. Chelsea were still one of the hardest teams to beat when you have it all to play for and they have nothing to play for. the 3-3 with palace and losing to Southampton were more at falt.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next