Abramovich
DeletedUser#1
RealGunner
Firenze
McAgger
71 posters

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 21 Empty Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic

Post by Unique Sat May 21, 2016 1:39 am

perfect job for him. he will win titles in style playing good football. Thumbs up

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 21 Empty Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic

Post by Red Alert Sat May 21, 2016 10:11 am

Unique wrote:perfect job for him. he will win titles in style playing good football. Thumbs up

He's a winner Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 21, 2016 10:27 am

https://twitter.com/DeludedBrendan/status/733692391224397825
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:54 pm

Smashing Rangers in his first old firm derby

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:17 pm

20. “After that opening 10 or 15 minutes, when they had a bit too much space behind our midfield, it was the near-perfect away performance.” (After losing 2-0 to Zenit St Petersburg)

19. “The last 18 months we have been on a magic carpet ride of development but we still have a lot of growth to make.”

18. “When we lost at Stoke last season I got home on Boxing Day night and family and guests were all around the house. I went straight upstairs to my room and didn’t come out.”

17. “The problem with being a manager is it’s like trying to build an aircraft while it is flying.”

16. “Joe Allen is one of the most courageous players I’ve seen.”

15. “I am the same guy who nearly won us the league, but better. I think I have shown in the early stages of my management – without being arrogant – that with a talented group of players I can compete at the top end of the league.”

14. “I use a quote with the players, “Per aspera ad astra”, which is Latin for ‘through adversity to the stars’.”

13. “We play with 11 men, other teams play with 10 men and a goalkeeper.”

12. “I started coaching for one reason and that was to make a difference for people, not just as footballers but as human beings.”

11. “I will leave no stone unturned in my quest – and that quest will be relentless.”

10. “They don’t have to sell. (Southampton) have a choice. Maybe Southampton’s objectives have changed. They were looking to be a Champions League club, I believe.” (Made in August 2014, with Liverpool finishing two points above Saints come May)

9. “I always say a squad is like a good meal. I’m not a great cook, but a good meal takes a wee bit of time. But also, to offer a good meal you need good ingredients.”

8. “There are two points: the first is I don’t feel any pressure, I can honestly say that. I have never felt anything other than secure.” (Rodgers was sacked within an hour or so)

7. “I’ve always said that you can live without water for many days, but you can’t live for a second without hope.”

6. “I believe a young player will run through a barbed wire fence for you. An older player looks for a hole in the fence, he’ll try and get his way through it some way, but the young player will fight for you.”

5. “It’s not just about training players, it’s about educating players. You train dogs.”

4. “When you’ve got the ball 65-70% of the time, it’s a football death for the other team. We’re not at that stage yet, but that’s what we will get to. It’s death by football. You just suck the life out of them.”

3. “If you spend more than £100 million, you expect to be challenging for the league.” (On Spurs after they sold Gareth Bale in 2013, spent £103million and finished 6th. Liverpool sold Luis Suarez the next summer, spent £117million and finished 6th)

2. “I think there’s three players who will let us down this year — the cause, the fight, everything – and I have written them down already in these three envelopes. Make sure you are not in one of the envelopes.”

1. “My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study and that’s been my biggest influence.”

Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 21 David_Brent_111
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:22 pm

Great quotes from a great manager.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:25 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8Af2qABkSg
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:41 pm

“It is great for the public here at Sunderland to see us. They must have been wondering what this team everyone is talking about are all about and now they have seen. We were wonderful." After they got beat 2-0 by Sunderland

rofl Probably the best one.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:42 pm

Brendanisms >> Wengerisms

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:01 pm

The 100 million one rofl
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:07 pm

lmao this guy is one of the most cringe people in football. His head is so far up his own ass that he's been constipated for life.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:36 pm

2. “I think there’s three players who will let us down this year — the cause, the fight, everything – and I have written them down already in these three envelopes. Make sure you are not in one of the envelopes.”

What was that about ? Does someone know?
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:58 pm

Yeah it was a motivational tactic with the team. Brilliant innovation by Rodg'. :bow:
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:59 pm

LeBéninois wrote:2. “I think there’s three players who will let us down this year — the cause, the fight, everything – and I have written them down already in these three envelopes. Make sure you are not in one of the envelopes.”

there was no names. that was the point. he was gonna open the envelopes and say its empty nobody let me down.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:11 pm

"I'm not a great cook"

That has to be my favourite one rofl
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:59 pm

LeBéninois wrote:2. “I think there’s three players who will let us down this year — the cause, the fight, everything – and I have written them down already in these three envelopes. Make sure you are not in one of the envelopes.”

On 'Being Liverpool' 6 part TV documentary at the start of 2012/13 season Rodgers had a little meeting with the squad where he pulled out 3 envelopes and said that he has 3 names written down in the envelopes of players he thinks will have let the team down during the course of the season.

Later he had this to say
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:33 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 21 David_Brent_111

Brendan Rodgers is Unique confirmed.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:07 pm

Showed up against City, which is more than you can say for a some PL clubs
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:56 am

Yup. Those clubs are currently lounging in the bottom 6. Sure.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:46 am

He should be the FA's main target for England manager.

Not that I'm convinced he should choose to do it, he deserves to train a proper club.

But surely the FA should try to get him.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:50 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:He should be the FA's main target for England manager.

Not that I'm convinced he should choose to do it, he deserves to train a proper club.

But surely the FA should try to get him.
hans your trolling game has lost its edge big time. Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:37 pm

Brendon Rodgers wrote:“Today (Tuesday) was probably the best session since I have been here. The actual quality, the tactical idea, the intensity of the players was absolutely first-class. That was the best session I have seen in the particular concept we were doing.

“That’s great news for myself, the staff and the coaches as it tells us they are starting to get comfortable with the ideas we are giving the players and starting to enjoy working with them. I think we can see that on the field but there’s still a long way to go yet.”

Rodgers is a great believer in using previous setbacks to inspire players to avoid repeat performances.

“There was a lot of criticism after the Barcelona game and the only way you can overcome that is by performing,” he said.

“The Manchester City game demonstrated that we are good enough to be in this competition.

“We were disappointed not to win. We weren’t just happy with a draw. We had the lead three times and gave two goals away we should have not but the overview, in terms of the performance, was very good.

“Now going into this game there’s a similar expectancy from ourselves. We have to keep pushing. We’re a team that’s very aggressive and we have to maintain these standards and look to improve the standards. That’s my job as head coach and manager to ensure that happens.

“Thankfully I work with a group of players that are very keen to improve. We have a lot of young players who are desperate to be better and desperate to show themselves consistently at this level because that’s what it’s about.

“You have to consistently do it. It’s not just about playing a one-off game. We go into a different challenge against a top side and we have to then rise to the challenge.”

The Parkhead atmosphere is also inspirational: “It’s a very, very difficult place to come. There’s absolutely no doubt about it. It’s renowned throughout the world, Celtic Park.

“It does take your breath away, the game and the atmosphere.”

“Together we have to keep making strides forward and big games like tomorrow night allow you to hopefully do that.”

http://www.thenational.scot/sport/football-brendan-rodgers-wants-celtic-to-keep-improving.23753

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:40 pm

will still finish dead last in the group.

Performing better in Europe was the main reason he was brought in. Any Tom, Dick, and Harry can win the SPL.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:02 pm

would be a terrific signing for Arsenal IMO

Get 'er done

Allegri is staying at Juve.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:58 am

I hope he doesn't go to Arsenal that would make me sad, because he's a fantastic coach.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 21, 2017 2:56 pm

Celtic finishes the season unbeaten

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next