Abramovich
DeletedUser#1
RealGunner
Firenze
McAgger
71 posters

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 19 Empty Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:57 pm

Unique wrote:A transfer should work like this. A manager tells the club what players he wants. Then the club should negotiate a price for the players if they can afford them he gets them. If not they tell the manager they can't afford the player and to look at other options. No way should the club be signing players and then saying to the manager here you go fit him into the team.

So the club should not inquire at all about said player so long as he is affordable? That's BS.

I admire Liverpool for creating a transfer committee, I don't know if these people are competent but the idea is right. Clubs shouldn't accept mediocre players just because the manager thinks it'll be worth it, unless they well agree on it and make the decision themselves.

If anything no club should rely on one person doing everything like most English clubs do.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 19 Empty Re: Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic

Post by Sri Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:33 am

word.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:23 am

Well known that:

Committee signs Sakho (Rodgers wanted Williams), Coutinho, Sturridge (Rodgers wanted Dempsey), Markovic (flopped to be fair but was never given consistent game time), Balotelli (again flopped because was never given a proper chance)

Rodgers signs Lallana for 25m (flopped so far under Rodgers), Lovren for 20m (rofl), Clyne (good signing to be fair), Benteke (again decent player but a massive massive fee; do feel he has the ability to be a beast under Klopp though). Allen for 15m (couldn't even get a game yet spoken in the same breathe as Xavi), Borini for 10m for him to never get a chance... Milner ("free" signing that will end up blowing in our faces. Stupid wages for that length of time taking in considering his age) Lambert (to replace / give us depth after losing Suarez. eco smile )

Rest are up in the air. Although I'm pressure Firminho was a committee signing, too. Who again was mismanaged.

As bad as this committee is, all the "good" signings under Rodgers came from the committee. He's a joke in the market, just as much as a joke as the whole committee sets itself up.

I hope we give up with the committee and get Klopp a DoF. Or give Klopp a little bit more say in this committee. Which could of just been Rodgers targets were never the best so were overruled. End of the day he had the final say though. I don't know. I lost all faith in this whole management. Fully trust Klopp to turn this all around though. Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:09 pm

my point is if the club need non football people to sign players because they don't trust the manager then why higher said manager in the first place. if the club are looking at the team and thinking we will buy this player or that player then why have a manager in the first place. imo the manager should be the only person to pick players. the club should then negotiate the price. you might aswel let the committee buy the players and pick the team.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:12 pm

Red Alert wrote:Well known that:

Committee signs Sakho (Rodgers wanted Williams), Coutinho, Sturridge (Rodgers wanted Dempsey), Markovic (flopped to be fair but was never given consistent game time), Balotelli (again flopped because was never given a proper chance)

Rodgers signs Lallana for 25m (flopped so far under Rodgers), Lovren for 20m (rofl), Clyne (good signing to be fair), Benteke (again decent player but a massive massive fee; do feel he has the ability to be a beast under Klopp though). Allen for 15m (couldn't even get a game yet spoken in the same breathe as Xavi), Borini for 10m for him to never get a chance... Milner ("free" signing that will end up blowing in our faces. Stupid wages for that length of time taking in considering his age) Lambert (to replace / give us depth after losing Suarez. eco smile )

Rest are up in the air. Although I'm pressure Firminho was a committee signing, too. Who again was mismanaged.

As bad as this committee is, all the "good" signings under Rodgers came from the committee. He's a joke in the market, just as much as a joke as the whole committee sets itself up.

I hope we give up with the committee and get Klopp a DoF. Or give Klopp a little bit more say in this committee. Which could of just been Rodgers targets were never the best so were overruled. End of the day he had the final say though. I don't know. I lost all faith in this whole management. Fully trust Klopp to turn this all around though. Proud
how do you know all of that. ive never seen a statement from the club saying who signed what player. give me a link to where you get your information.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:16 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Unique wrote:A transfer should work like this. A manager tells the club what players he wants. Then the club should negotiate a price for the players if they can afford them he gets them. If not they tell the manager they can't afford the player and to look at other options. No way should the club be signing players and then saying to the manager here you go fit him into the team.

So the club should not inquire at all about said player so long as he is affordable? That's BS.

I admire Liverpool for creating a transfer committee, I don't know if these people are competent but the idea is right. Clubs shouldn't accept mediocre players just because the manager thinks it'll be worth it, unless they well agree on it and make the decision themselves.

If anything no club should rely on one person doing everything like most English clubs do.
yes. no point in Liverpool asking how much barca want for naymar is it. its like me trying to find out how much the new aston martin costs. it don't matter I could never afford one. but that was not my point. I ment the manager should target a player. then let the club negotiate. if the players current club want to much money for him then we tell the manager we cant do a deal look for somone els.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:19 pm

The reason why that doesn't happen is because most managers are clueless when it comes to signing players.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:21 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The reason why that doesn't happen is because most managers are clueless when it comes to signing players.
but that means the club don't trust the manager they are about to put incharge.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:32 pm

Unique wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

yes. no point in Liverpool asking how much barca want for naymar is it. its like me trying to find out how much the new aston martin costs. it don't matter I could never afford one. but that was not my point. I ment the manager should target a player. then let the club negotiate. if the players current club want to much money for him then we tell the manager we cant do a deal look for somone els.

But there's never just the ONE player to target. A manager relies on scouting and talking about options with people just as people on the transfer committee do.
One person alone can never oversee the vast number of players.
There's no reason why a collaborative effort can not work.
FWIW, Bayern have kind of a 'transfer committee', the coach ('manager') is part of that and his vision surely is the guideline but it's still a collaboration.
A manager should have in mind what type of player he needs, then other people can go about finding options for him, then it can be decided which of these options is best and most feasible.
If he wants a certain player and that player is gettable, even better, no 'committee' would deny him that if he can COMMUNICATE why this certain player should be bought.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:06 pm

"There was clashes immediately over Sturridge (club wanted him, Rodgers wanted Dempsey)."

wow
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:07 pm

I remember that lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:44 pm

Yeah we *bleep* offered Hendo + cash for 30 year old Dempsey.

When he first arrived Rodgers didn't want Hendo. He didn't want Sturridge. Just baffling.

Even Coutinho was forced onto him.

Funny how those 3 ended up being 3 of the best players under him.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:08 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Yeah we *bleep* offered Hendo + cash for 30 year old Dempsey.

When he first arrived Rodgers didn't want Hendo. He didn't want Sturridge. Just baffling.

if all of that were true then Rodgers should have been sacked long ago.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:12 am

Unique wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:Yeah we *bleep* offered Hendo + cash for 30 year old Dempsey.

if all of that were true then Rodgers should have been sacked long ago.

And you owe me an apology. xoxoxo
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:59 pm

No excuses for Rodgers, he blew it. Haven't read the whole thread yet but I seriously hope people aren't upset he is gone. His time was clearly up, and had worn out his welcome.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:16 pm

windkick wrote:No excuses for Rodgers, he blew it. Haven't read the whole thread yet but I seriously hope people aren't upset he is gone. His time was clearly up, and had worn out his welcome.
a few man u fans wanted Rodgers to stay. cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:20 am

Dalglish on Kloppo:

"I'm very very impressed. The supporters better fasten their seatbealts, i'm sure they'll all really enjoy him. He seems to be somebody who's not in love with himself, which the Liverpool supporters can relate to. I'm sure they will take him to their hearts. He's described himself as 'the normal one' and that will do them fine because they regard themselves as being pretty normal"

BURN BABY BURNNNNNNNNNNNN rofl
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:20 am

King Kenny taking digs at Rodgers Proud

The King is Dead, Long Live the King.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:57 am

8th place finisher taking dig at 2nd place finisher Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:38 pm

Adit wrote:Premier League winner taking dig at 2nd place finisher Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:45 pm

Don't call me James wrote:
Adit wrote:First Division winner taking dig at 2nd place finisher Laughing
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:49 pm

Doc wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:
Adit wrote:First Division winner taking dig at 2nd place finisher Laughing

He won the PL in 1994/95 with Blackburn.

Brendan Rodgers Sacked: Now at Celtic - Page 19 Article-1317661-0127A09E00000578-916_306x423
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:52 pm

I know, I can't just, you know, take one last dig at Liverpool?!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:56 pm

I'm just correcting you. I don't care about your digs at Liverpool. The club is in a blissful place. I appreciate banter now Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:58 pm

Until he, hopefully not, does nonsense and I hope you don't treat him like you did Brendan. I'm specifically mentioning you dear McAgger and not Liverpool, Liverpool fans or Futbol.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:00 pm

Doc wrote:I know, I can't just, you know, take one last dig at Liverpool?!

Give it time. Laughing

These former Pool heads are all over TV sucking Klopps ass, let them have their 15 minutes....... for now.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next