What do you expect Arsenal to achieve this season?

+41
VendettaRed07
Collblanc
BarcaLearning
DuringTheWar
beatrixasdfghjk.
Highburied
Peccadillo
chinomaster182
BarrileteCosmico
Albiceleste
Dnmac4
Djcomplain
Raptorgunner
DeletedUser#1
Kick
Motogp69
moutinho98
aleumdance
LeBéninois
ronalessi
Uncanny
RED
Ion Creanga
lenear1030
urbaNRoots
TalkingReckless
REWB
Jay29
Tomwin Lannister
Hawky
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Eman
danyjr
Lex
Valkyrja
S
Onyx
The Franchise
RealGunner
Blue Barrett
45 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What do you expect Arsenal to achieve this season? Empty What do you expect Arsenal to achieve this season?

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:25 pm

2 points clear at the top of the league. Pretty much cruising through their supposed "group of death" atm.

Is this the season where they finally win something?

What would pass as a successful season for Arsenal with a fully healthy squad?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

What do you expect Arsenal to achieve this season? Empty Re: What do you expect Arsenal to achieve this season?

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:26 pm

After this thread. 4th and R16 of the CL
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

What do you expect Arsenal to achieve this season? Empty Re: What do you expect Arsenal to achieve this season?

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:27 pm

Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:29 pm

Depends on the draw but if they make the semi's of the CL, thats a fantastic achievement.

Top 2-3 in the league is also good, realistic. But what they should aim for is fighting for it, even if they fall short.

Maybe they dont win anything, but they can still have a great season.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:29 pm

I can't see them winning the CL. Teams like Bayern, Barca, Real Madrid are superior. However with Dortmund getting to the final last season, any good team could get to it.

In terms of the league, if Man Utd/Man City keep being inconsistent, then they've got a chance.

Last edited by Yohan Modric on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:29 pm

I dont expect them to win either the league or CL but i can sure expect them to get closer to atleast one of those titles depending on what they really prioritize.They still have some elements missing to be a regular contender for both league and CL.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:30 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:I can't see them winning the CL. Teams like Bayern, Barca, Real Madrid are superior. However with Dortmund getting to the final last season, any good team could get to it.

In terms of the league, if Man Utd/Man City keep being inconsistent, then they've got a chance.
Only on paper, nowhere else.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:32 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:I can't see them winning the CL. Teams like Bayern, Barca, Real Madrid are superior. However with Dortmund getting to the final last season, any good team could get to it.

Dortmund is the best team in the world ffs.

If they get a striker and a quality DM in the winter, they can challenge UCL or at least semis IMO. They are very good atm.

If they keep their current form they'll trash any PL team
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:33 pm

CL is a pipe dream

League is there for the taking

FA cup should be priority

CC should be the trophy we aim for if everything else goes to pot
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:34 pm

Valkyrja wrote:If they get a striker and a quality DM in the winter, they can challenge UCL or at least semis IMO. They are very good atm
Haven't lost a game since we bought Flamini back :coffee:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:35 pm

Basically what everyone said. After a start like this to the season. I am hoping for us to fight for the title and coming 2nd or 3rd will still be a great achievement compared to last few seasons' dog fight for the 4th.

But we have to win the FA cup this season. CL looks unlikely with the likes of Bayern and Barca but quarters/semis will be good too.

All of this can still contribute to a good season and we can try and get another Ozil like signing next summer and really go for the trophies.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:35 pm

Arsenal remind me of Mourinho's 2005-06 Chelsea. They are no longer a young team full of inexperienced noobs who made mistakes easily. This Arsenal's average age is 5 years older than it was a couple of seasons ago.

Arsenal have also sacrificed playing "pretty" possession based football for efficiency. They are a well balanced team, more balanced than any team in CL bar Bayern. They have many players who can score, they are unpredictable and now they have one of the best players in the world.

They'll be up there.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:37 pm

All we are missing is another CB and another striker once we get out of this ridiculous injury crisis on the wings, and the CB is just to make up the numbers so realistically we are one striker from having everything we need to compete for any trophy IMBO (in my bias opinion). With Giroud playing the way he is, I don't see us being any worse off for missing out on the striker we needed last summer either, yet.

Let's get the quadruple :coffee:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:37 pm

What do you expect Arsenal to achieve this season? Gl_jin10
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:46 pm

What i expected before the season even started....

2nd or 3rd with CL quarters.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawky Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:48 pm

I know I said that Arsenal will struggle to be top 4 this season, but with Ozil's signing and Ramsey's and Giroud's great form I can see them compete for the title, especially given the inconsistency showed so far by the two Manchester teams and Chelsea.

Imo challenging for the title (2nd place), FA Cup final and QF/SF in CL would be a great season for them. However, I don't think they really have the depth to challenge in all these competitions. Hope they prove me wrong.
Hawky
Hawky
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:53 pm

My only problem with Flamini is his head. He still hasnt learnt your not allowed to tackle on the ground, even if you win the ball.

Today he made a tackle, which for me was fantastic. Was called for a foul, dunno if he got a yellow for it but I wouldnt be surprised.

But yeah, he is a card just waiting to happen. He tackles for me great, but in today's soft game, its an auto yellow. And someone like him, is exactly what you need in bigger games, but not if he going to get sent off.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:56 pm

Should definitely get as many trophies as Newcasatle this season.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:59 pm

It was such a beautiful tackle. But was given a foul.

He is very old fashioned in terms of tackling. Very Gattuso-esque. You are right that it will get him into trouble at some point. Already has 3 yellows in 4 Appearances in the league lol. His aggression and tackling is what makes us appreciate his arrival, But it's double edged sword.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:01 pm

He's a throw back to like the 90's lol

I like him, he is my kind of role playing defensive mid, but its frowned upon these days.

I know its a yellow when the ref calls foul immediately after I say "great tackle".

Did he get a yellow for that tackle btw?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:07 pm

No yellow, but he did get a stern talking to for daring to execute a perfect slide tackle. Saying that, our ref tonight was obviously quite generous, given that Axel Witsel was sent off for a so-called "dangerous" challenge earlier.

Flamini pretty much is a suspension waiting to happen, but at least we have Arteta back now.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:11 pm

if we had a WC striker than i could see us competing with any team and winning the CL/PL. but because we havent got that i see us challenging but falling short at the end.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Yeah I saw it, Cesc and Busquets also both got yellows for jack squat. Cesc especially, his tackle was fantastic.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:13 pm

BTW how many goals does Giru have to score before even Arsenal fans stop saying you need somone "world class"?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:18 pm

The Franchise wrote:BTW how many goals does Giru have to score before even Arsenal fans stop saying you need somone "world class"?
Ignore those fans, Giroud has been immense all season, his runs, passing and interplay has been amazing since last season, the only difference is that this season his end result has gotten better. Majority of his goals have been ones where he has made amazing runs into box and scored poachers goals (first touch goals)

already has 6 goals and 2 assist, and he had 17 goals and 10 assist in this first season which is pretty good
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next