What do you expect Arsenal to achieve this season?

+41
VendettaRed07
Collblanc
BarcaLearning
DuringTheWar
beatrixasdfghjk.
Highburied
Peccadillo
chinomaster182
BarrileteCosmico
Albiceleste
Dnmac4
Djcomplain
Raptorgunner
DeletedUser#1
Kick
Motogp69
moutinho98
aleumdance
LeBéninois
ronalessi
Uncanny
RED
Ion Creanga
lenear1030
urbaNRoots
TalkingReckless
REWB
Jay29
Tomwin Lannister
Hawky
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Eman
danyjr
Lex
Valkyrja
S
Onyx
The Franchise
RealGunner
Blue Barrett
45 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What do you expect Arsenal to achieve this season? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you expect Arsenal to achieve this season?

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:18 pm

The Franchise wrote:BTW how many goals does Giru have to score before even Arsenal fans stop saying you need somone "world class"?
Ignore those fans, Giroud has been immense all season, his runs, passing and interplay has been amazing since last season, the only difference is that this season his end result has gotten better. Majority of his goals have been ones where he has made amazing runs into box and scored poachers goals (first touch goals)

already has 6 goals and 2 assist, and he had 17 goals and 10 assist in this first season which is pretty good

TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

What do you expect Arsenal to achieve this season? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you expect Arsenal to achieve this season?

Post by Jay29 Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:23 pm

I'm very happy with Giroud right now and if he ends the season with 20+ goals, with a few in the big games, and a healthy number of assists to go with that I'd be delighted with him.

To put it another way, I'd be okay with him as first choice if he improves on last season. He's already doing that, so no complaints here.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:27 pm

I'm more concerned with Giroud burning out or suffering an injury than his productivity and goal threat
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:29 pm

The Franchise wrote:BTW how many goals does Giru have to score before even Arsenal fans stop saying you need somone "world class"?
someone world class creates something from nothing, wins a game instantly with a piece of magic, thats wc. giroud is a good striker, so of course he is going to perform well, nobody is saying he is bad mate. but he is not world class.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:37 pm

REWB wrote:someone world class creates something from nothing, wins a game instantly with a piece of magic, thats wc. giroud is a good striker, so of course he is going to perform well, nobody is saying he is bad mate. but he is not world class.
Superb post.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:40 pm

So how exactly would signing Gonzalo "El Poacher" Higuain have made any difference?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:42 pm

As a fan, what I expect is to be more challenging than what we've been in the last 2 seasons, not that top 4 scrapping. That includes a good title challenge even if we don't win in the end, with better luck a good run in the CL, more wins in big matches and possibly one of the domestic cup competitions.

Assuming we have a more successful summer transfer market next year, I'd expect next year and years to come to properly challenge on all fronts, but not now.

I wouldn't mind skipping that one year ala Juventus but that would be a harder task in the Premier League.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:54 pm

We need another striker but only because we have no natural replacement for Giroud if he is injured or suspended, nothing else. You won't find many strikers like Giroud, van Persie, Lewandowski, Ibra etc.. who are the complete package - the best we can get is Benzema Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:56 pm

I think most of us thought he would improve this season, but during the summer we had the opportunity to upgrade with several high profile striker targets on the market. We knew we had to buy a striker regardless because we were thin at the position so most fans figured why not go out and get a top class player there....

Were still faced with the same problem, if Giroud goes down we have no one up top (oh wait, Bendtner...) We still want a striker, preferrably someone as good as Giroud but offers a different skillset.

I don't think we're going to get another striker though, I think wenger will bet on his health and will fill in with Podolski, or the Dane in case of emergency
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:05 am

Laughing the overreactions after 6 games... I'm already seeing topics like Man United in crisis and teams like Arsenal, Napoli, AS Roma are hyped .. There's a very long road until June. The start is the less important !
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:06 am

The premiership. It's there for the taking, and they look better than Utd, City, Spurs and Chelsea atm.

They are playing with a lot of confidence atm, have Ramsey in the form of his life and the Ozil signing seems to have galvanised the squad. They still have Walcott and Cazorla to come back too. It's looking good for them atm.

I think they can win the BPL and FA Cup. Reach maybe the semi's of the CL, depending on how kind the draw is for them. As for the CoC, it depends on how serious they take it.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:09 am

I'm sure giru will make it through till podolski comes back from injury, even tho he plays left wing, he's also a center forward. And also hasn't wenger toyed with putting Walcott up front last season, he did do a good job up there. Don't really like bendtner lol...
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:10 am

What do you expect Arsenal to achieve this season? - Page 2 326355042

hmm 
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:13 am

I don't think anyone saw this Giroud coming tbf.... and i'm not talking about just his goals.... its his link play and hold up play, he is dominant at this point and bullying CBs.

They could probably win the title if they get the necessary luck without buying a WC striker.... but the problem is they need someone maybe not WC but they need someone.

If Giroud gets injured.... its f*cking Bendtner and they will drop points if they are forced to pick Bendtner.

But to go up another level and challenge for the CL they do legitimately need another top level striker.... no one is saying drop Giroud hell if the striker in question has the right skills they could play bother together.

But they need the option of having two top quality strikers and until they get them its highly unlikely they will win anything major.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:20 am

RealGunner wrote:Basically what everyone said. After a start like this to the season. I am hoping for us to fight for the title and coming 2nd or 3rd will still be a great achievement compared to last few seasons' dog fight for the 4th.

But we have to win the FA cup this season. CL looks unlikely with the likes of Bayern and Barca but quarters/semis will be good too.

All of this can still contribute to a good season and we can try and get another Ozil like signing next summer and really go for the trophies.
by the way u guys have been playing and getting results. i am feeling arsenal can confidently go all the way to semi final.

everything is getting better, from defense, to midfield, and forwards. i couldn't be more happier for Arsenal fans after they have been deprived of great results all these years.

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:21 am

Ion Creanga wrote:Laughing the overreactions after 6 games... I'm already seeing topics like Man United in crisis and teams like Arsenal, Napoli, AS Roma are hyped .. There's a very long road until June. The start is the less important !
The thing is Arsenal have been on a good run not only since this season started, but 5 months before that. This can't be luck or form. This is a team that's got a strong personality.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:22 am

Yohan Modric wrote:I can't see them winning the CL. Teams like Bayern, Barca, Real Madrid are superior. However with Dortmund getting to the final last season, any good team could get to it.

In terms of the league, if Man Utd/Man City keep being inconsistent, then they've got a chance.
obviously Bayern Barca Real are favourites. but i would say if there is another team to slot in there, i can say Arsenal can be that team.

great competition in the league too where top teams fighting with each other can take points off, and Arsenal can/or are in healthy position, they need to keep that consistency.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:34 am

ronalessi wrote:What do you expect Arsenal to achieve this season? - Page 2 326355042

hmm 
Terrible meme.

last time we actually started a season with ''a promising start'' george bush was president of the united states & no one had heard of Obama Laughing

Last edited by 1991 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:38 am

We have not a WC striker like Henry or Rvp so i can't see us doing very good like in 2006-2008 but our squad is too thin and we have too much injuries.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:38 am

don't forget we have been like this since February..

the meme is for old arsenal
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by moutinho98 Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:38 am

every time something happens to arsenal or madrid theres 5 threads on general forum sigh
moutinho98
moutinho98
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:41 am

Ion Creanga wrote:I'm already seeing topics like Man United in crisis
Please sit in that nice, comfy chair and tell me how buying NO-ONE in the summer, getting rebuffed by almost every midfielder on Earth, sitting as high as 12th/13th in the league by virtue of GOAL DIFFERENCE alone and having David Moyes as your manager is all part of United's master plan

Would you care for a chocolate digestive?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:55 am

Lex wrote:
Ion Creanga wrote:I'm already seeing topics like Man United in crisis
Please sit in that nice, comfy chair and tell me how buying NO-ONE in the summer, getting rebuffed by almost every midfielder on Earth, sitting as high as 12th/13th in the league by virtue of GOAL DIFFERENCE alone and having David Moyes as your manager is all part of United's master plan

Would you care for a chocolate digestive?
Damnit Lex, YOU are not meant to use Logic in this forum
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:55 am

Typically at this point in the season if you are in the top 3 the majority of the time you still finish in the top 4 (poor Mole, the only exception to this in the last few years is Newcastle).

So at the least it looks like Arsenal, Spurs, and Liverpool are going to the Champions League.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:56 am

It's too soon to tell for many teams in the EPL.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:10 am

Bump potential Proud
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next