What do you expect Arsenal to achieve this season?

+41
VendettaRed07
Collblanc
BarcaLearning
DuringTheWar
beatrixasdfghjk.
Highburied
Peccadillo
chinomaster182
BarrileteCosmico
Albiceleste
Dnmac4
Djcomplain
Raptorgunner
DeletedUser#1
Kick
Motogp69
moutinho98
aleumdance
LeBéninois
ronalessi
Uncanny
RED
Ion Creanga
lenear1030
urbaNRoots
TalkingReckless
REWB
Jay29
Tomwin Lannister
Hawky
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Eman
danyjr
Lex
Valkyrja
S
Onyx
The Franchise
RealGunner
Blue Barrett
45 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What do you expect Arsenal to achieve this season? - Page 3 Empty Re: What do you expect Arsenal to achieve this season?

Post by ronalessi Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:10 am

Bump potential Proud

ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

What do you expect Arsenal to achieve this season? - Page 3 Empty Re: What do you expect Arsenal to achieve this season?

Post by aleumdance Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:18 am

ronalessi wrote:Bump potential Proud
we have been like this since second half of last season..

we changed our style for good..

just saying
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:23 am

aleumdance wrote:

just saying
every time arsenal does well, and in second half of the season they change suddenly, arsenal fans hope this is not the case.

its the second half of the season in good times, they tend to fall.

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:37 am

I meant change style of play....

now we just soak up pressure and for 20 Minutes ina game we Blitz

its happened vs napoli, first 20 minutes blitz the rest of 80 Minutes was Napoli attempting to play football( even stoke did a better job at Emirates)
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:38 am

BB, you beauty and your attempted jinx Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:38 am

The movement in their front 6 is unbelievable.

Napoli had no idea who to mark and what hit them in the opening 20.

All Rambo, Ozil, Arteta, Rosicky, and Flamini were both attacking and defending. Best Arsenal football I've seen since 07/08.

However, it'll be interesting to see how they'd response to a setback...and when it gets cold, weather their creative players keep performing (for example Cazorla's form massively dipped during winter last year).

But yea, They are looking very good and if it's the season to win anything for them that is it.

What'd be a successful season??? Winning any kind of silverware. After 8 years, only silverware = successful season for a club of Arsenal calibre IMO.

I'm dreading our game at Emirates in 1 months already....

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:51 am

aleumdance wrote:

just saying
I'm just teasing. I like Arsenal and would love to see them win the league title.
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:12 am

we aint winning the league but might get an fa cup.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:21 am

We are playing this well and battling through injury crisis , just wait when Santi, Podolski, Theo and Oxlade are back.

We just got back Rosicky, Arteta and Vermaelen back.

As expected Arteta and Rosicky returning to the team meant we can hold the ball better. Our possesion was much better today.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:34 am

for west brom

expect wilshere to start, we need a proper Blitz

then second half arteta and flamini play to soak up pressure
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:36 am

yeah rosicky was good, but a bit rusty but you can tell he will be great for us when he gets fully match fit.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Djcomplain Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:45 am

Lex wrote:
Ion Creanga wrote:I'm already seeing topics like Man United in crisis
Please sit in that nice, comfy chair and tell me how buying NO-ONE in the summer, getting rebuffed by almost every midfielder on Earth, sitting as high as 12th/13th in the league by virtue of GOAL DIFFERENCE alone and having David Moyes as your manager is all part of United's master plan

Would you care for a chocolate digestive?
Grab a napkin homie, you just got served

Very Happy
Djcomplain
Djcomplain
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:06 am

I think the question in this thread should be, "If not this year, When?" If they don't win the EPL this year then there in for a much longer drought.

I honestly don't see why they couldn't win the EPL this year. I mean I know this might come off as being a La Liga fan and therefore a EPL hater but I just don't see any of the top teams in the EPL being incredibly strong this year.

IMO it's a transition year with City, United, and Chelsea all breaking in new managers and Spurs basically overhauling there team. I mean Arsenal are really the only team that has stayed uniform through the off season and into this year plus adding a world class player.

I don't think any of the top teams are going to go on some of the huge runs like Man U or other teams in the past used to in the league. And I think the last couple weeks or so is proof of that with almost all of the top teams dropping points in the league and will cannibalize each other.

None of the teams are great yet but the league is deep. Plus Arsenal have been on fire with arguably there best player (before Ozil arrived) in Cazorla out with an injury. Plus if the inevitable injuries do happen they can grab some players in Jan as they finally showed they are ready to spend if they see a player they want.

I have probably been harder on Arsenal then anyone else on this forum but if Arsenal don't have expectations of winning the league this year will they ever again?

I know all about how Arsenal flatters to deceive early in the year but if for nothing else they are not outmatched this year. They have a team that CAN win the EPL this year and that hasn't been the case for a long time.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:17 am

ronalessi wrote:What do you expect Arsenal to achieve this season? - Page 3 326355042

hmm 
you have no idea how hard I was looking for this Laughing

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:22 am

Uncanny how accurate that remains years later Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:25 am

Probably the oldest football meme.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:21 am

Dnmac4 wrote:I think the question in this thread should be, "If not this year, When?"  If they don't win the EPL this year then there in for a much longer drought.
NO

Even if we don't win this year we will get better next year with experience(the core of our team are still in the early 20s) and with new players surely coming in jan or next summer, we finally have the money to spend, due to new deals( could before over 30mil more per season) and tv money so we will only get better
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:58 am

Butt wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:I think the question in this thread should be, "If not this year, When?"  If they don't win the EPL this year then there in for a much longer drought.
NO

Even if we don't win this year we will get better next year with experience(the core of our team are still in the early 20s) and with new players surely coming in jan or next summer, we finally have the money to spend, due to new deals( could before over 30mil more per season) and tv money so we will only get better
I'm not saying you will not get better but everyone else will too. This year all the top teams are in a TEMPORARY state of reloading and prepairing for the next generations of there teams where you guys already went through that and should be reaping the benefits this year.

I mean it has been proven over and over again that Mou's teams in year 2 are deadly and I find it hard to believe Arsenal will stop that freight train as not even Barcelona could.

Pellegrini will adapt to the EPL as every manager takes some time to adapt to a new league plus he will have a Massive War Chest behind him to get whom ever he see's fit. I know Arsenal spent money but almost no one can match City when it comes to spending.

I don't think United will tolerate the season I think Moyes will put them through this year so IMO they will be getting a top coach and have a bunch of money to spend.

Spurs players will all gel by next year and they should be a much better side not to mention a lot of there buys were not from the EPL so there players kind of like how Giroud is this year will get much better in adapting to the EPL.

Pool has been getting better every year for the past couple years and have been making the smartest purchases int he EPL.

So again I say sure Arsenal will get better too I just don't see them making the jump over the next year that these teams will. I see there opportunity to be here now not next year but now. There really is no reason they shouldn't be a favorite to win the EPL this year. It has to be there year and if they can't win it this year it must make a Arsenal fan wonder when can they?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:01 am

Albiceleste wrote:
ronalessi wrote:What do you expect Arsenal to achieve this season? - Page 3 326355042

hmm 
you have no idea how hard I was looking for this Laughing
EPL points since January

1. Arsenal 51 points
2. Chelsea 48 points
3. United 44 points
4. Spurs, Liverpool and Man City (joint) 43 points
7. Everton 39 points

that meme needs a revamp

:coffee:
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:26 am

They're doing very good, most importantly their rivals are doing crap atm.

I'm feeling optimistic and expecting third for Arsenal this year, MAYBE second if they pull off an awesome season.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:51 am

Dnmac4 wrote:
Butt wrote:
NO

I'm not saying you will not get better but everyone else will too.  This year all the top teams are in a TEMPORARY state of reloading and prepairing for the next generations of there teams where you guys already went through that and should be reaping the benefits this year.

I mean it has been proven over and over again that Mou's teams in year 2 are deadly and I find it hard to believe Arsenal will stop that freight train as not even Barcelona could.

Pellegrini will adapt to the EPL as every manager takes some time to adapt to a new league plus he will have a Massive War Chest behind him to get whom ever he see's fit.  I know Arsenal spent money but almost no one can match City when it comes to spending.

I don't think United will tolerate the season I think Moyes will put them through this year so IMO they will be getting a top coach and have a bunch of money to spend.

Spurs players will all gel by next year and they should be a much better side not to mention a lot of there buys were not from the EPL so there players kind of like how Giroud is this year will get much better in adapting to the EPL.

Pool has been getting better every year for the past couple years and have been making the smartest purchases int he EPL.

So again I say sure Arsenal will get better too I just don't see them making the jump over the next year that these teams will.  I see there opportunity to be here now not next year but now.  There really is no reason they shouldn't be a favorite to win the EPL this year.  It has to be there year and if they can't win it this year it must make a Arsenal fan wonder when can they?
1. As Real Madrid have proven so far this year - Money can get big name players - but it doesn't buy you sense. See spurs outspending us in almost every windows yet still falling short year after year is also proof of this.
2. To say that if we fail to win the title this year then we can expect a longer drought is simply... yeah.
3. Liverpool.. smartest... purchases.. 3 words I never thought I'd hear in the same sentence.. However granted BR seems to have a plan and I have respect for the man. I agree he had the best transfer window given circumstance out of potential top four sides. (circumstance being liverpool are not a CL side this year).

For us to continue progress we really only need to make the top four - Don't misconstrue, I WANT silverware this year - but in the interest of questioning your theory; We have a strong core of British players - most of whom shouldn't leave in the next window (touch wood). We have Mesut Ozil who has put pen to paper on a 5 year deal will be unlikely to leave, our core of British players are likely to stay (Walcott, Gibbs, Wilshere, Ramsey, Ox), Arteta won't leave, Kos contract til '17, Santi til '16.. then going into next year we have already retained a large portion of our star players - the only one for me qith a question mark over his head is Sagna. Anyway my point is, unlike the past, I do not feel like this is a team of mercenaries - If we can retain the core of our team which I believe we can, we will strengthen just as much as anyone.. most importantly we also now have money to spend and no longer need to sell to balance.

Our aim is not to go for fourth place, but if it happens it really doesn't mean it's down hill from there.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:19 am

To be more realistic we have to wait until late November because then we have faced majority of top teams in EPL and Dortmund twice.

Speaking of last nights game...

Destroying Napoli without Chambo, Walcott, Podolski, Cazorla deserves respect really.

I watched that game with pleasure.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:05 am

That image reminds me of this:
What do you expect Arsenal to achieve this season? - Page 3 Tumblr_lhceg6ZWm21qcqmot

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:48 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:That image reminds me of this:
What do you expect Arsenal to achieve this season? - Page 3 Tumblr_lhceg6ZWm21qcqmot
I have still not forgiven Nasri for that final

the C*unt played like shit in his chance to win a trophy at Arsenal, then had the guts to call Arsenal unambitious when he went to Citeh
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:34 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Uncanny how accurate that remains years later Laughing
Except that it's not really at all. Either you don't follow Arsenal or your trolling
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:04 pm

REWB wrote:
The Franchise wrote:BTW how many goals does Giru have to score before even Arsenal fans stop saying you need somone "world class"?
someone world class creates something from nothing, wins a game instantly with a piece of magic, thats wc. giroud is a good striker, so of course he is going to perform well, nobody is saying he is bad mate. but he is not world class.
So, was Etoo in his prime world class? Because he rarely created something out of nothing.

Van Nisterooy? Gurd Muller?

Not saying Giru is anywhere near these guys, but you get my point.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next