Great Leader Sprucenuce
DeletedUser#1
The Franchise
jibers
Gil
76 posters

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Aaron Ramsey Appreciation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Aaron Ramsey Appreciation Thread

Post by danyjr Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:13 pm

Oh and you owe me an apology for making false claims against me (Bendter). :coffee:

danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Aaron Ramsey Appreciation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Aaron Ramsey Appreciation Thread

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:31 pm

danyjr wrote:Don't get me wrong, Bendtner is nowhere near world class but why loan him out to Juve and pay millions for a player who hasn't done anything to prove he's better than the Dane? Just my 2 cents, I thought Bendtner was very good for Sunderland last season.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:43 pm

And where do I say Bendtner is better than him? I said Bendtner was very good for Sunderland in 2011-12 which I stand by my word, Giroud hadn't done anything to prove he was much better than Bendtner to justify transfer fee and certainly higher wage demands than the Dane.

So much for a club that is claims to be about youth development. Let us all take a bow :coffee:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:48 pm

dany pls, now you're just cutting off your own nose tbh
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:06 am

Say whatever you want bro. I say what I feel and what I want Arsenal to be. For me, Arsenal used to be a team of youngsters, playing the type of football that'd make people jizz in their pants. Sure, Arsenal would win nothing but Arsenal it had an strong identity. For glory hunters, there's always been a Chelsea or Madrid.

That, and Gooners. I get sick going to Emirates Laughing From the "Wenger should *bleep* off" at the start of the season to the "There's only one Arséne Wenger" chants these days. Similar to this forum actually, how people live in short term. One day [insert player name] is shit, another day he is a GOAT. I'm guilty of it myself too.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:23 am

People are too quick to judge (both in hyping players up and in writing them off) and also move to extremes too quickly in talking about how good or bad players are. There should be more discussion of players in terms of how good they are, respecting what they do well but not overreacting at their faults nor hastily turning their strengths into GOAT territory. IMO.

Ramsey's in great form, has been for 10-11 months and getting better all the time. On one hand, you can indeed call it form, because Ramsey will (likely basically any other athlete) have periods ahead where he's less spectacular, and it's highly unlikely he will be so prolific in front of goal all season. Or all career.

But on the other hand, it's not "just" form. He's had just one disappointing calendar year when he was healthy, 2012. And there were some mitigating circumstances: he was still in the aftermath of a very bad injury, he was expected at the beginning of 2011-2012 to fill Cesc's boots and got burned out, and then during his poor spell Wenger played him in unfamiliar positions. (This was a decision of AW's with which we can find both fault and merit. Not everything is black & white, natch.) But anyone who remembers how impressive Ramsey looked as a teenager, and anyone who saw how hard he worked even when he wasn't playing well, shouldn't be that surprised at the way he's playing now. (A little surprise is acceptable. I always believed he'd come good eventually - not joking, nor am I trying to be smug - but I also admit I never expected that he'd hit these levels so quickly, or that goalscoring would become such a part of his game.) He's a really exciting player right now.

Is he as good as, say, Arturo Vidal? Well you have to point out, as people already have in this thread, that Vidal's done what he's done for numerous consecutive seasons, whereas Ramsey still has a ways to go, longevity-wise, if he's to match or exceed Vidal's excellence. But due to his all-around talent and incredible engine during this calendar year, you can see how the mere comparison is reasonable. Here's to a lot more Rambo.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:54 am

Haters gonna hate. I might like Tottenham but I'm enjoying watching Arsenal right now and Ramsey is a very fun player to watch atm.

I've officially joined the Ramsey bandwagon.

Not the Arsenal one though.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 am

Chumlum wrote:People are too quick to judge (both in hyping players up and in writing them off) and also move to extremes too quickly in talking about how good or bad players are. There should be more discussion of players in terms of how good they are, respecting what they do well but not overreacting at their faults nor hastily turning their strengths into GOAT territory. IMO.

Ramsey's in great form, has been for 10-11 months and getting better all the time. On one hand, you can indeed call it form, because Ramsey will (likely basically any other athlete) have periods ahead where he's less spectacular, and it's highly unlikely he will be so prolific in front of goal all season. Or all career.

But on the other hand, it's not "just" form. He's had just one disappointing calendar year when he was healthy, 2012. And there were some mitigating circumstances: he was still in the aftermath of a very bad injury, he was expected at the beginning of 2011-2012 to fill Cesc's boots and got burned out, and then during his poor spell Wenger played him in unfamiliar positions. (This was a decision of AW's with which we can find both fault and merit. Not everything is black & white, natch.) But anyone who remembers how impressive Ramsey looked as a teenager, and anyone who saw how hard he worked even when he wasn't playing well, shouldn't be that surprised at the way he's playing now. (A little surprise is acceptable. I always believed he'd come good eventually - not joking, nor am I trying to be smug - but I also admit I never expected that he'd hit these levels so quickly, or that goalscoring would become such a part of his game.) He's a really exciting player right now.

Is he as good as, say, Arturo Vidal? Well you have to point out, as people already have in this thread, that Vidal's done what he's done for numerous consecutive seasons, whereas Ramsey still has a ways to go, longevity-wise, if he's to match or exceed Vidal's excellence. But due to his all-around talent and incredible engine during this calendar year, you can see how the mere comparison is reasonable. Here's to a lot more Rambo.
Hit the nail on the head. GL is, and always has been, bi-polar when it comes to evaluating players. There is no middle ground. You are either shit or you are the second coming of [insert legendary player here].
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:59 am

Yep, I dislike this trend (not just a GL thing) of so often pushing to extremes. Why must some people make it a matter of "WC" or "I don't rate him at all"?

I mean really it's an unfortunate tendency. Aaron Ramsey is an example of some of these problems in football talk. Written off really harshly at a still-young age when he had a lot working against him. Now people are enjoying his excellent play so much that they're maybe getting carried away in finding superlatives and comparisons. Ramsey might turn out to be that good for that long; in fact I sincerely hope he does. But geez, give him time! If you hype him up this much then the first small stretch of games he goes without a goal or assist or clean tackles he'll have some people calling for his head.

In reality very few players just seem to burst onto the scene at a very young age and develop fairly consistently into great players. Cesc Fabregas was sort of like that. But really it's the exception more than the rule. And even a developmental freak like Fabregas hardly enjoyed a 9/10 game every single match he played. And age/development aside, simply put, there are lots of decent players who might have one great season (which doesn't mean they are GOAT), or one bad season (which doesn't mean they are shit). Or substitute "match," "month," "couple years" for "season." Whatever. The important thing IMO is to think rationally and be congenial to other fans without giving up the fun of banter.

I also feel like the term "world-class" is usually so vague, and varies person-to-person so much, that it's often just useless.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:38 am

Luckily for us, Ramsey has the humility not get carried away and think he is gods gift and he is also comes across as level headed enough to mitigate how much fickle public opinion influences his performances and progression.

I believe he has the mental capacity to be one of the best in the world. I was not a defender or condemner of Ramsey in his darker days.. I would say in defence of those who were doubting him.. it isn't unreasonable to begin to doubt a player after a long string of poor performances regardless of whether they have a good reason like injury - Some players are never the same again after bad injuries. Credit again due to Wenger for maintaining faith in him - this is why he is the boss, if Ramsey does continue this "form" lets hope he repays that loyalty shown by A.W - If not from us as fans.

My definition of World-Class means you are around top tier in your position in the world. What is meant by "top tier" varies depending on what position you are referring to. A "World class" keeper would need to arguably be top 5 in the world.  Whereas a "World class" central midfielder would need to arguably be more like top 10. We are talking the best players of a respective generation, players who would make the shortlist for a "World XI" team, consistently over a period of time..

Ramsey would need a fair bit more time to prove himself as a truly world class player and there is still plenty of room for improvement.. but I for one am psyched to watch his career unfolds.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:38 pm

So two dribbles against Norwich makes Ramsey not a shit dribbler.Okay then.And consumed with Rage you wut mate,just trying to make a point and typing on an Ipad isn't making it any easier.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:54 pm

More shit dribbling and composure Sad

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:55 pm

2 more dribbles OMG.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:56 pm

For someone who's such a shit dribbler, he sure does pull them off regularly.....
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:13 pm

I love this guy ffs, Perez you know what to do Proud
Also RG, Bendtner is better than Giroud :coffee:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:46 pm

Lex wrote:For someone who's such a shit dribbler, he sure does pull them off regularly.....
He has never watched Ramsey in his life. Leave him alone.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:54 pm

Think it was after his performance in 09 that I knew he was going to be special. Can't seem to find that video anymore though. Shame.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:22 pm

Freeza wrote:I love this guy ffs, Perez you know what to do Proud
Also RG, Bendtner is better than Giroud :coffee:
Illarra-Ramsey-Isco :bow:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:36 pm

Spoiler:
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:28 pm

Why is it so hard to admit Ramsey is a WC player now been playing at that level for while.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:15 pm

chad4401 wrote:Why is it so hard to admit Ramsey is a WC player now been playing at that level for while.
Me personally, I would easily say he's become a very good player, but people saying hes world class and such, its a bit much. I can understand people like gil, who said mceachran was world class in 2011, they want bandwagons to jump on and ramsey as an underdog figure who was pretty unfashionable is a great bandwagon to jump on, but still....
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:17 pm

vivabarca38 wrote:So two dribbles against Norwich makes Ramsey not a shit dribbler.Okay then.And consumed with Rage you wut mate,just trying to make a point and typing on an Ipad isn't making it any easier.
Ramsey a poor dribbler Laughing are you high
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dredg Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:20 pm

I hate when ppl call someone "the next... Whoever"

Keane was Keane, no more like him. Wink
Dredg
Dredg
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Steaua Bucuresti

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:59 pm

here are stats for you McMc Razz Via Arseblog
Spoiler:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:13 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Lex wrote:For someone who's such a shit dribbler, he sure does pull them off regularly.....
He has never watched Ramsey in his life. Leave him alone.

I've never watched Ramsey except for Every Arsenal game this season bar a few and about a dozen games in cup competitions.

And Giggity pls
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:15 pm

That's even more embarrassing then.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next