Does Aaron Ramsey deserve to start at a big club?

+11
TalkingReckless
danyjr
Great Leader Sprucenuce
VanDeezNuts
RealGunner
McAgger
Lex
Twoism
urbaNRoots
Sushi Master
Dnmac4
15 posters

Go down

Does Aaron Ramsey deserve to start at a big club? Empty Does Aaron Ramsey deserve to start at a big club?

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:26 pm

Let me start by saying most Arsenal fans know I don't like the Gunners and we have gone at it in the past. I have warmed up to them a little because they got one of my favorite players in Cazorla in one of the shrewdest transfer deals I have seen in a while BTW.

With that being said I watch them more this year and I can't for the life of me figure out what Aaron Ramsey does well? I don't know why in the world he starts so much for them as in my opinion he is easily there weak link out there and they do have a good amount of class in there squad no matter how much I put them down and it really sticks out that he is a midtable rotation player at best IMO.

We have disagreed in the past about players on your team as I have always though Wilshire, Chesney, Koscielny, Djourou, RVP (was really wrong about that one), Song and some others as some of you have thought they were borderline world class or at least top shelf players and I thought they were very very overrated.

But at least those players are good, like I said before I don't know what Ramsey does well and he is so far behind in class from the rest of the squad I don't know why starts and plays him so much. In short, I don't get it. Am I way off here? Is he any good? Could he start at any other "big team"?

Not to mention I have said this since OX played his first game for Arsenal that every game he doesn't start is a mistake from Wenger. And I still believe that, I know they don't play the same position but I just can't figure out how Ramsey gets on the pitch and Ox doesn't.

This isn't a bash the Gunners threads but more of a question, am I way off here? Does anyone think he's a good player that should start in a big clubs midfield?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Does Aaron Ramsey deserve to start at a big club? Empty Re: Does Aaron Ramsey deserve to start at a big club?

Post by Sushi Master Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:29 pm

No. He doesn't even deserve to start for Arsenal.

He's been warming up Jack's spot, IMO.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Does Aaron Ramsey deserve to start at a big club? Empty Re: Does Aaron Ramsey deserve to start at a big club?

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:32 pm

Haha, ok that cut's through the BS and is a pretty simple answer.

Any reason Wenger doesn't play OX much?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:34 pm

He doesn't tbh... needs to improve ALOT. Diaby, Wilshere and Coquelin are ahead of him for the CM position, if I'm asked. Rosicky, Cazorla and even Arshavin for the AM position.

Only position where I'm fine with him starting AT THE MOMENT is right wing, he offers some balance... but that's about it.

Last edited by urbaNRoots on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:35 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:Haha, ok that cut's through the BS and is a pretty simple answer.

Any reason Wenger doesn't play OX much?
He's probably a bit too raw for such a key role. Ramsey is average but you can't deny his workrate.

Plus you know how Wenger is blind when it comes to his youth.

BTW, I am not saying Ramsey is destined to mediocrity. He's still 21, FFS. It just means he has not bloomed into the player everyone thought he would be. As of yet. He might still be a great player in years to come, who knows.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:15 pm

Say what you want about Ramsey, he did well today and more involved in attack than Podolski & Cazorla. Not saying he's better than them but those two have had 3 off games already, especially Podolski who needs to be dropped for some games.

Ramsey is Arsenal fans mocking target, whenever something goes wrong, people calling for his head. Feel free to check Arsenal section for confirmation. Ramsey has work rate and good technique, but he stands out like crap whenever hogging balls. I prefer Ramsey over Gervinho on the right wing if Wenger refuses to play Theo there. Ox is injured atm so it doesn't count.

And please Coq gets so overrated by Arsenal fans, this season whenever he had a chance, he looked very average.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:32 pm

Ramsey has no clear defining role in the starting 11. He's not great as a DM, AM, CM or winger. Occasionally, he'll have a fantastic game in any of the aforementioned positions, but he still hasn't settled into a favoured role as of yet

Still only 21 and has plenty of time to find his place in the team, but shouldn't start as many games in future when Wilshere and Diaby get back to full fitness
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:41 pm

We were so close to signing him back when he was supposedly the best young British player, thankfully Wenger stepped in.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:44 pm

And you got Spearing instead Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:45 pm

Spearing was at Liverpool since 8/9 years of age. Get off his case Lex.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:26 pm

lol Ramsey is still a brilliant player.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:01 pm

i personally dont rate him well at all. hes a poor mans granero imo. player of all positions, master of none blah blah blah how ever that saying goes.

he just isnt really good enough.

i remember i had this debate a few years back (when ramsey and wilshere just started to get debuts and played a couple matches) with a friend of mine who is a hardcore arsenal fan and he would not admit that wilshere was the better player or had more potential, consistently would say ramsey is the next big thing etc. etc. idk i just never saw it, even back at the beginning when he was really hyped up- i guess was my point of the story.

who knows. he is still young, maybe he will come in to his own style of play but first things first he needs to get to a club that can play him consistently and stay fit.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:33 pm

That's cos, a few years ago, Ramsey was better than Wilshere
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:13 am

I'd take him if we sold Tiote, but are we a big club hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:19 am

Ramsey's problem is tactical not technical. His skills are superb (for a Welshman at least) and he works very, very hard.

Don't let the QPR match fool you though. He's been poor since coming back from injury and a match at home against a relegation zone team doesn't change that.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:26 am

The problem with Ramsey is that he doesn't have awareness or capable yet of taking decisions himself, he gets into good positions many times but he always makes the wrong decision.

And Like Diaby he sometimes holds the ball too long and loses in bad positions.

He still has a future in Arsenal, as in a year or two we are losing both Rosicky and Arshavin and by then he should be in his mid 20s and a good player.
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:34 am

danyjr wrote:Ramsey's problem is tactical not technical. His skills are superb (for a Welshman at least) and he works very, very hard.

Don't let the QPR match fool you though. He's been poor since coming back from injury and a match at home against a relegation zone team doesn't change that.

excellent post
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:53 am

I dont get why people hate him so much.

They gets himself in good positions and always seems involved when I watch him.

He has his flaws obviously and being stuck between positions doesnt help but he has skills and he knows how to move without the ball.

I think sometimes he is easy to point to and blame because he is sometimes making errand passes and trying to do too much...but it could be worse, you could just not see him at all.

The fact he gets in positions to make those errors is a good sign.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:11 am

Actually looked much better on the wing this season, he doesn't have the same bravery as before his injury and I think that's why he has been such a disaster beside Arteta.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:40 am

Lex wrote:And you got Spearing instead Laughing
Shelvey, actually. Spearing was an academy product and with Liverpool well before Ramsey joined Arsenal.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:33 am

gives the ball away too much. poor awareness in picking passes and recognizing where the defense is. tries to skill defenders but fails far too often.

thats my description of ramsey. he has no business starting for us but is decent enough of a player to provide some contribution
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down