Lex
McAgger
VivaStPauli
Die Borussen
Onyx
35 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Quarter final: Germany vs Greece discussion Empty Quarter final: Germany vs Greece discussion

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:39 pm

Germany vs Greece discussion.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Quarter final: Germany vs Greece discussion Empty Re: Quarter final: Germany vs Greece discussion

Post by Die Borussen Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:47 pm

germany didnt impress me today

and denmark had a lot of chances, thats of course cause denmark has a decent attack unlike us

but since im pretty sure we will park the bus
i see us giving a hard time to the germans

i predict 1-1

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Quarter final: Germany vs Greece discussion Empty Re: Quarter final: Germany vs Greece discussion

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:54 pm

Germany didn't impress you? Didn't you watch the match? Our offense clicked like hell, we were just amazing in the first 35 minutes, if Agger had been ANYONE else, we would've been up 3-0 by half-time; Denmark played amazingly, sure they have their limitations, but in terms of spirit and chemistry, we're not going to meet anything like that again until we meet Spain.

After we beat Denmark I'm really in high spirits, we really can beat everyone. And our subs! Schürrle nearly scored, Bender, in the first XI because of suspension scores the winner, Podolski still got it, Müller played a good match, and Gomez didn't score, but he linked up well.

We're good to go. If we go out of this tournament, it won't be because we will be bad, it'll be because someone will be better. And that's a good feeling. We don't look like a team that could beat themselves any time soon.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:58 pm

Meh Karagounis (arguably one of Greece best players) won't be playing. Germans will trounce them. No Contest!! 3-0 for me.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:58 pm

We'll never score 3 against Greece, they'll be defending with 11 men, 1-0, 2-0 maybe, if we're unlucky 2-1 again.

I'd take a 3-0 if offered, though. Very Happy
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:00 pm

well i was watching portugal on my TV and germany on my computer

i was mostly looking on my TV's portugal game but each time i turned my head to germany's game i was watching denmark on the counter and being close to score, and saw some good defending from denmark too
on the other hand i saw so many pointless chances from you which werent even dangerous

i think podolski's goal was luck but im not sure, i think it was from defenders mistake

overall you are germany its obvious you will have chances
but i expected much more.
its denmark nor spain or any other TOP club.
at some point you were about to lose the game and qualification...

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:01 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:We'll never score 3 against Greece, they'll be defending with 11 men, 1-0, 2-0 maybe, if we're unlucky 2-1 again.

Viva once Germany gets one goal, it'll open up Greece (who'll put everything forward to score) and I see Germans getting two goals late on the counter.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:02 pm

1) They're not clubs.
2) Denmark isn't Spain or Italy, yes, but they aren't weaker than Portugal for example

Yes we could've done better, we always can, but I hardly saw any fault with our team.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:02 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:We'll never score 3 against Greece, they'll be defending with 11 men, 1-0, 2-0 maybe, if we're unlucky 2-1 again.

Viva once Germany gets one goal, it'll open up Greece (who'll put everything forward to score) and I see Germans getting two goals late on the counter.

Let's hope so, but I doubt they'll open up before like the 86th minute or something.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:02 pm

germany will win. but i havent yet seen the best of germany, they can do so much better. i am still hoping that loew plays gotze and reus... i know poloski is his reliable LW and mueller is doing great so far but gotze anyday in that RW startup... honestly.... they would be absolutely lethal.

really am dying to see the best of germany, been always admirer of Die mannschaft...

greece is are amazing in defending, but germany can break them...

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:03 pm

I'm going to put a £20 bet on that Greece will win. I'll post a picture of the Ladbrokes receipt during the week
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:05 pm

Lex wrote:I'm going to put a £20 bet on that Greece will win. I'll post a picture of the Ladbrokes receipt during the week

you'll be rich if you win the bet Laughing

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:06 pm

El Economico

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:07 pm

Schweinsteiger agrees with Deadrave though, he's not too happy.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:09 pm

I can already sense Greece parking the bus. Expect a one sided match from Germany trying to break up Greece defence.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:10 pm

It's probably good we haven't seen the best of Germany yet. After all, this means there is a lot of room for improvement still :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:13 pm

Rwo, when Greece beat Germany, we're still gonna be cool, right? Quarter final: Germany vs Greece discussion Fingers_crossed
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:27 pm

I don't carry grudges against people because their teams might be better than mine. Otherwise I would hate half of Germany, considering how often RWO got beaten in the last seasons XD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:30 pm

Schweini wrote:El Economico

I made that up now all of you bow to me
Spoiler:

la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:32 pm

Lex wrote:Rwo, when Greece beat Germany, we're still gonna be cool, right? Quarter final: Germany vs Greece discussion Fingers_crossed

RG is not going to like this comment...
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:34 pm

RG loves greece, he even speaks some greek :bow:

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:01 pm

deadrave wrote:RG loves greece, he even speaks some greek :bow:

I think he loves rwo more though Wink
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:05 pm

Denmark had a PK which if given meant them would have gone 2-1 up then & would have parked the bus. They might have defended & won in which case Germany would have been knocked out.

I am still not impressed with Germany. I think if Torres plays well & if Del Bosque dumps Alonso for Navas they will beat Germany comfortably. Germany are still stuck in middle gear according to me.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:06 pm

Germany have been progressively better in each subsequent game, though.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:11 pm

Yea & look at the depth. Tonight I thought Ozil was average & maybe Goetze could have been played

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next