Pretty much sure most of you here play football..

+15
Babun
Lord Awesome
Eman
FennecFox7
JAY-Z
Be/\/ceCALI
mowgli
fatman123
julias
TheBlueArmy
Loshijosdequien
kiranr
BiasedMilanFan3
huntsman
mzamani
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pretty much sure most of you here play football.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Pretty much sure most of you here play football..

Post by Eman Sat 29 Oct 2011, 21:04

I was playing a house-league game for a team in my town a little over a year and a half ago and my knee got messed up pretty bad. I slid to keep the ball in play and I don't know what happened but when I bounced back up I could barely move my leg. It wasn't bad for the rest of the night, but the next morning I couldn't bend my leg at all. I went to my town's walk-in clinic and the 'physiotherapists' (only one of whom had a degree) said there was nothing wrong and that I would recover within a few weeks.

Two weeks later nothing had changed so I scheduled regular physiotherapy sessions, which did *bleep* all and consisted of them massaging my leg and telling me to ride a bike. They released me after about a month saying I was a week away from full fitness (despite still barely being able to move it). I waited a week and saw no improvement, so I went to a more expensive chiropractor, who within 2 minutes told me I'd done serious damage to my ligaments and those dickheads had made things worse than ever Mad

It took me about 8 months overall to finally recover to the point where I didn't feel pain at full sprint, and about 2 months to get back to the footballing level I was at before the injury. I also missed my senior year of high school football (where my team competed in All-Ontario).

Moral of the story: don't go to a small town physiotherapist to get an assessment.

Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Pretty much sure most of you here play football.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Pretty much sure most of you here play football..

Post by Lord Awesome Sat 29 Oct 2011, 21:12

I drink my milk. Though I did kick a brick at full strength and cracked my pinky.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat 29 Oct 2011, 21:29

I had any kind of calf injuries, knockes on my knees etc. but never tore anything Very Happy At some point, I had terrible back pain while sprinting Very Happy I paused for 3 months to get better again Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Messi Sat 29 Oct 2011, 22:01

I quit a year ago. I broke my hand and screwed up my elbow, still suffer from it till this day. Can't do push ups or left weights doctor said it will recover on its on in a few years. We were just playing for fun, kicking the ball around, this kid was in goal, I loped a cross over his head and he just comes out and kicks the hell out of my hand were the ball was like half a second ago.
My ankles are pretty messed up, I can't really walk for a long time without them hurting. Some people are savages. Only play with people who are cool and just want to have fun.
Messi
Messi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun 30 Oct 2011, 01:20

huntsman wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:
huntsman wrote:you need to bulk up a little.

You should also play against older teams if you want to improve.
Trust me I eat a crap load, I just can't gain weight.
I'm not weak by any means though

That's why you can go to the gym, and do some weight lifting but dont over do it as you re still growing.
True that, I will try Very Happy
Got an assist too today
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun 30 Oct 2011, 01:39

Broke my arm a year ago, in High School footy, fractured both the bones in my right arm Sad

Then what followed was good and bad news, well- it happened at the end of the season, so I didn't have to miss that many matches, just a few. However, it happened at the end of the season, so I had to miss our regional...our most important game and the one that really matters a whole lot. Oh well.

This season I hurt my MCL but it wasn't bad at all...it was just a slight knock. I sat out a game or two and then rushed back in- admittedly too fast, but I never suffered any ill effects from coming back too fast thankfully. Gosh, it could have been a lot worse though. Those knee injuries can be so bad, depending on what happens, something very slight, even.

Those are the only two I can remember that happened recently. Everything else had just been slight knocks, strains etc. nothing big
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Sun 30 Oct 2011, 02:25

I once finished a match with 2 broken legs. Just kidding. But although I don't play as much I do freestyle football. Anyone here into that?
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Sun 30 Oct 2011, 03:25

Eman wrote:I was playing a house-league game for a team in my town a little over a year and a half ago and my knee got messed up pretty bad. I slid to keep the ball in play and I don't know what happened but when I bounced back up I could barely move my leg. It wasn't bad for the rest of the night, but the next morning I couldn't bend my leg at all. I went to my town's walk-in clinic and the 'physiotherapists' (only one of whom had a degree) said there was nothing wrong and that I would recover within a few weeks.

Two weeks later nothing had changed so I scheduled regular physiotherapy sessions, which did *bleep* all and consisted of them massaging my leg and telling me to ride a bike. They released me after about a month saying I was a week away from full fitness (despite still barely being able to move it). I waited a week and saw no improvement, so I went to a more expensive chiropractor, who within 2 minutes told me I'd done serious damage to my ligaments and those dickheads had made things worse than ever Mad

It took me about 8 months overall to finally recover to the point where I didn't feel pain at full sprint, and about 2 months to get back to the footballing level I was at before the injury. I also missed my senior year of high school football (where my team competed in All-Ontario).

Moral of the story: don't go to a small town physiotherapist to get an assessment.

Did you have surgery? and which ligament\s were damaged?
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Sun 30 Oct 2011, 10:04

i've only suffered a couple minor injuries which only keep me out for weeks.

The only serious ones i've suffered are the ones to my ankle which lasted for about a month and the one to my right toe which has been there since forever and swells whenever it gets hit on

my passion for the game doesn't let me stay out injured, though. Most times i play through the pain and i'm also a quick healer
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 19:14

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:I got a concussion a few months ago playing.

And my most recent injury which I am still recovering from, a pretty bad ankle sprain:

Pretty much sure most of you here play football.. - Page 2 292745_10150275925166817_676506816_8236335_7810741_n

Havaianas FTW cheers

I've only suffered a concussion playing indoor (I put my head where it didn't belong and took a knee to the head)

At the moment I'm dealing with a big toe injury (strong foot) , I'll be getting that checked out at some point next week. I usually play in recreational leagues and I'll probably be taking a season off (7-10 games), it all depends on what the doctor says.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum