jibers
Khaled
25 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

""Quotes"" - Page 4 Empty Re: ""Quotes""

Post by Khaled Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:43 am

Quotes on Messi!

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, said about him 2 years ago:" Nobody was so wonderful at 22 years old, neither maradona nor pele."

- It is clear that Messi is on a level above all others. Those who don not see that are blind - Xavi

- Ronaldinho is better than Cristiano Ronaldo but neither are as gd as Messi - Cassano

- He has great future if he can stay free injury. for me he is the best there is. - Cesc

- He is pricless. In Messi, Barcelona have the best soccer player on planet earth - Txiki Begiristain

- The Best?... Leo Messi - Marcello Lippi

and more..

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=679BOa-4KFQ

Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:52 am

Villas-Boas (coach Chelsea):

"Guardiola is always an inspiration for me because his methodology gets his team playing fantastic football."

"I left Inter to do my own thing, and Guardiola's quality and philosophy were a template for me every day."

"Guardiola embodies the philosophy of Cruyff, Michels, people who emphasised the importance of spectacle in our beautiful game"

[via independent]
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:45 am

A hattrick of excellent posts khaled.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:53 pm

I have said for aslong as possible, Boas isnt the new Mou, when you actually look at what he has done and the similarities, he isnt like Mou at all.

He is more like Pep.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:05 pm

The Franchise wrote:I have said for aslong as possible, Boas isnt the new Mou, when you actually look at what he has done and the similarities, he isnt like Mou at all.

He is more like Pep.

So that means he fits in with Abramovich's wish to make the team play stylish football. Since he's also won so many trophies this summer they saw him as having a great combo of all that they want and that maybe explains why such a huge release fee was paid.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:25 pm

Well in a way, sure.

He isnt the purist Pep is though, that's for sure.

If his team is out of possession, he isnt always going to enforce them to press high, win it back and hold onto 70% of the ball.

He is more flexible, he sometimes allowed Porto to sit deep and play counter, sometimes he pressed high and went direct to goal after winning it high up the pitch, sometimes he back off untill the halfway line and then pressed. He changes it up depending on the opponant.

Porto's style of play in the game vs Villareal was a stark contrast to the style vs Benfica, both of which ending 5-1.

But overall, yes, he generally wants to play good football, but I wouldnt confuse him with Guardiola that way.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:41 am

Jorge Messi: “It’s not going well for Leo”

Catalan sports daily Sport reported on comments that Jorge Messi, father of FC Barcelona and Argentine international forward Lionel (24), made to ‘Radio 10.’ What follows in a translation of the article. The original can be found here.

The father of the player admitted in declarations to ‘Radio 10′ that Leo “is not showing a good level” in the competition,” in which Argentina has accumulated up until now two ties, against Bolivia (1-1) and Colombia (0-0).

Burdisso’s recriminations

Jorge Messi also alluded to the discussion that his teammate Nicolás Burdisso maintained with Leo after the end of the duel against Colombia. The midfielder recriminated and insulted Leo for not fighting for a ball.

The Barcelona player’s father recognized that “of course there was discussion, but there is always a football discussion going on, even in games among friends.”

“There is envy”

Also, Jorge Messi added that “people are free to have their own opinions,” but what bothers him the most is what the press says. “They create situations that no one expects. They fuel the flames. The Argentine press can criticize, because it’s logical and Argentina is playing poorly, but they should care for their team a bit more,” he indicated.

About the criticism his son is receiving, he explained that there is “envy” and against the accusations that he doesn’t sing the hymn “to the four winds,” he pointed out that that depends on “each one’s personality.”

“It’s the first time they’ve whistled at him”

“It’s the first time that they’ve whistled at him. It hurts because when he arrived in the country not that long ago, it was not something that he expected, the people that harangue him, and when the friendlies started, too. This is very hard. The field of Colón puts forth a terrible pressure,” he said, with respect to the Santa Fe stadium where they played the match against Colombia.

“Maradona is incomparable”

About the comparisons between Leo and Diego Maradona, the player’s father stated that in Argentina they are always comparing things and that “Diego is incomparable.”

“Leo is making his own road, and what’s more, I don’t know what it means to carry the team on your back. Is it to insult and shout at your teammates? My son has a different kind of personality. He’s strong, though many don’t know that. Diego has a different personality than that of Leo,” stated Jorge Messi.

With respect to the player’s situation in his club, Barcelona, he indicated that there is another environment and it is a team that’s been together for four years. “The selección couldn’t come together like that. To play a Copa América in your own country is a horrible pressure,” he said.

Read more: http://www.totalbarca.com/2011/news/jorge-messi-its-not-going-well-for-leo/#ixzz1RYnEdJgj
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:01 am

The Franchise wrote:I have said for aslong as possible, Boas isnt the new Mou, when you actually look at what he has done and the similarities, he isnt like Mou at all.

He is more like Pep.

One main difference, Boas didn't cheat to be victorious

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:03 am

Lionel Messi wrote:

He is more like Pep.

No Porto did..
And lol @ Boas being similar to Pep.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:07 am

The xcx wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:

He is more like Pep.

No Porto did..
Mou owes his success to the bribery though, without the help of it he probably wouldn't be where he is now

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:14 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
The xcx wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:

He is more like Pep.

No Porto did..
Mou owes his success to the bribery though, without the help of it he probably wouldn't be where he is now
arent you a bit biased today? Very Happy
I dont think he was successful in chelsea and inter because of the bribery.
Porto on the otherhand is known for bribery before, but he wasnt part of it, the president was involved of it tho.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:18 am

The xcx wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
The xcx wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:

He is more like Pep.

No Porto did..
Porto on the otherhand is known for bribery before, but he wasnt part of it, the president was involved of it tho.
It's not bias, it's true, Porto paid the refs to help them win the 2004 CL final, it's a fact, if Porto never won that, he probably wouldn't have gotten the Chelsea job and so on.

+Barca were robbed in last years semi final

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:24 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
The xcx wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
The xcx wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:

He is more like Pep.

No Porto did..
It's not bias, it's true, Porto paid the refs to help them win the 2004 CL final, it's a fact, if Porto never won that, he probably wouldn't have gotten the Chelsea job and so on.

I belive it was because of the handball?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:25 am

The xcx wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
The xcx wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
The xcx wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:

He is more like Pep.

No Porto did..

I belive it was because of the handball?
ball to hand, offside goal, stone wall penalty not called

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:23 am

Lionel Messi wrote:

lm, why stir topics that cause friction and ill-feeling between us? I will reply to what you said in a couple of points.

1. Where have you read Porto paid the refs to win the 2004 UCL final? All the bribery allegations are probably domestic. If it was for UCL it would be a huge issue and Uefa would have to take some action. Porto beat Monaco 3-0. How can a referee help a team to win like that? Our own dani will also be hurt by this comment. Porto is his second favorite team.

2. Refereeing decisions are part and parcel of football - UCL, world cup, everything else. If we cite instances where we had wrong decisions against us people can easily cite instances where there were wrong decisions in favor of us. If we start arguing about this fully then you will find that most of the UCL and world cup winners will hold no relevance because their will be something or other not so fair about most championship victories. So where will all this lead? That's why I say let's accept each champion the way they are. Maybe they were lucky but it was also merited to some extent. Also let us concentrate our energies discussing something constructive rather than bring up wrong refereeing decisions again and again.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:28 am

The Franchise wrote:Well in a way, sure.

He isnt the purist Pep is though, that's for sure.

If his team is out of possession, he isnt always going to enforce them to press high, win it back and hold onto 70% of the ball.

He is more flexible, he sometimes allowed Porto to sit deep and play counter, sometimes he pressed high and went direct to goal after winning it high up the pitch, sometimes he back off untill the halfway line and then pressed. He changes it up depending on the opponant.

Porto's style of play in the game vs Villareal was a stark contrast to the style vs Benfica, both of which ending 5-1.

But overall, yes, he generally wants to play good football, but I wouldnt confuse him with Guardiola that way.

Well elaborated dani. Quite eye opening for me. It seems he is a very practical man but with a heart to respect the beautiful game. Overall that sounds great.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:41 am

messixaviesta wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:

lm, why stir topics that cause friction and ill-feeling between us? I will reply to what you said in a couple of points.

1. Where have you read Porto paid the refs to win the 2004 UCL final? All the bribery allegations are probably domestic. If it was for UCL it would be a huge issue and Uefa would have to take some action. Porto beat Monaco 3-0. How can a referee help a team to win like that? Our own dani will also be hurt by this comment. Porto is his second favorite team.

2. Refereeing decisions are part and parcel of football - UCL, world cup, everything else. If we cite instances where we had wrong decisions against us people can easily cite instances where there were wrong decisions in favor of us. If we start arguing about this fully then you will find that most of the UCL and world cup winners will hold no relevance because their will be something or other not so fair about most championship victories. So where will all this lead? That's why I say let's accept each champion the way they are. Maybe they were lucky but it was also merited to some extent. Also let us concentrate our energies discussing something constructive rather than bring up wrong refereeing decisions again and again.
Alright, sorry, I agree maybe I shouldn't have brought up sensitive topics such as these, but yes I believe Porto was excluded from a champion's league for it and one of the referee's from the 2004 ucl came out and admitted to being bribed.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:59 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
Alright, sorry, I agree maybe I shouldn't have brought up sensitive topics such as these, but yes I believe Porto was excluded from a champion's league for it and one of the referee's from the 2004 ucl came out and admitted to being bribed.

Thanks. I didn't know about this but anyway let's drop the matter here for the good of all of us.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:44 pm

Argentina legend Diego Maradona has defended under-fire forward Lionel Messi after criticism of his below-par performances at the Copa America.

Lionel Messi has taken much of the blame for Argentina's poor showing at the Copa America

Messi has struggled to match his Barcelona form at international level in disappointing draws against Bolivia and Colombia, but Maradona says the whole Argentina team has been poor.

"I want to defend Messi," he told Ole. "The national team didn't attack at all [in the 0-0 draw with Colombia] and we blame him. We are being very unfair to Messi when I hear all those idiots slamming him."

Maradona revealed he had spoken to the 24-year-old and also compared the situation to his own problems prior to the 1986 World Cup.

"I spoke to him during the week and I told him to remain calm," he said. "Before the 1986 World Cup, I was a disaster and I was criticised by 80% of the journalists [in Argentina]. Later, there wasn't one who didn't ask me for a story, so I can understand what's going on."

Maradona also took the opportunity to send a message of support to Argentina's players, but not to the team's coaching staff or officials.

"I wish the best in the world to all of the boys who were with me at the World Cup and all of the other players," he said, "but not to the others."

Link: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/933458/diego-maradona-defends-lionel-messi-over-copa-america-showings?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=4716
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:45 am

Some quotes in which Sir Alex Ferguson praises his former player but at the same time our players receive some compliments as well. Smile

"How do you replace somebody like Paul Scholes? It's very difficult," he said.

"If you bracket four of the best midfield players in the world he'd be alongside Xavi and Iniesta and then you take your pick. In my mind he's one of the top four players in the world.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:48 am

Iniesta: “We’ll fight to win everything again”

Andrés Iniesta is looking forward to the new season with Barça. He was speaking at a testimonial in his hometown of Fuentealbilla.

He added that “the most important thing is to stay enthusiastic, and not to lose the desire to do things well”. The midfielder predicts “another year with a lot of pressure, every season is difficult”.

Iniesta also spoke about his winning goal in the World Cup final. “On July 11, my football career touched glory, the sky, but today I’m thrilled to see so many people here and fill me with pride”, he said on the Fuentealbilla town hall balacony, addressing thousands of fans.

Ambassador for Castile-la Mancha

Andrés Iniesta had a busy Saturday. At midday he was in the town hall and in the evening he was a guest at the VII Meeting of Castile-la Mancha supporters clubs, organised by the PB Andrés Iniesta-Fuentealbilla. The gala supper was held there, attended by 800 people from 41 supporters clubs. Iniesta was clearly grateful for everything done in his honour.

Also attending was vice president Jordi Cardoner, who spoke about his player’s “amazing human qualities.” Cardoner also praised everybody involved in the Castile –La Mancha supporters movement, and specifically those from Fuentealbilla. Former player Lobo Carrasco was also there on such a memorable day for Iniesta.

Link: http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada11-12/07/10/n110710118363.html
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:37 pm

Benaiges (ex-youth coach): "Cesc didn't want to leave but his parents decided. Arsenal took advantage of the elections at Barça." [la sexta]
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:00 am

Milonguita Heredia (ex-Barcelona): "Leo goes out to play, Ronaldo checks his shadow to see if his hair is ok." [rac1]

Smile
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:06 am

Xavi: "We have a good enough team to make history"

Xavi Hernandez, who on Wednesday visited his summer campus, said that FC Barcelona has "a team good enough to make history". The midfielder is very excited about the season that’s about to begin.

Rested, and with new goals in mind. That’s how we now find Xavi Hernandez, who’ll return to training next Monday, when the team begins its preseason. "I'm ready to start" he said at the press conference that he offered at his summer campus, at the installations of the Sanctuari del Collell. Xavi stressed that the team has a squad good enough to continue making history. He is still very hungry.

Xavi on Alexis: “he can score and unbalance defences"

Many of the questions put to Xavi were about new signings. One of the names most mentioned was Alexis Sanchez. Xavi’s opinion about the Chilean player is that "In his repertoire he is great in a one on one situation, he can score goals, and he can unbalance defences. He’s dynamic, vertical, and direct". If his move to Barça is confirmed, Xavi said it would be a "spectacular" signing.

"Cesc is suffering"

The other name on everyone’s lips is Cesc Fabregas. Xavi acknowledged having spoken with Cesc in the Summer. "I spoke to Cesc in Ibiza and he said he was suffering, because he really wants to come. It’s what he most wants, he’s done everything he can to come and wants Arsenal to let him go" he said, although he did clarify that now everything depends on the selling club.

Bojan’s case

On the other hand, Xavi also commented on the possible departure of Bojan Krkic. "I'm sorry that he might leave, although a change of scenery might be the best for him" he said. On Fontàs and Thiago, both members of the 1st team squad from this season on, he is in no doubt. "Both players are ready, just like the other players in the squad" he concluded.

`Link (Including a Video): http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada11-12/07/13/n110713118393.html
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:17 am

Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid): "Would it be strange to face my friend Messi in a clasico? Yes, might be strange..." [espn]
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:56 am

Khaledbarca wrote:Xavi: "We have a good enough team to make history"

Xavi Hernandez, who on Wednesday visited his summer campus, said that FC Barcelona has "a team good enough to make history". The midfielder is very excited about the season that’s about to begin.

Rested, and with new goals in mind. That’s how we now find Xavi Hernandez, who’ll return to training next Monday, when the team begins its preseason. "I'm ready to start" he said at the press conference that he offered at his summer campus, at the installations of the Sanctuari del Collell. Xavi stressed that the team has a squad good enough to continue making history. He is still very hungry.

Xavi on Alexis: “he can score and unbalance defences"

Many of the questions put to Xavi were about new signings. One of the names most mentioned was Alexis Sanchez. Xavi’s opinion about the Chilean player is that "In his repertoire he is great in a one on one situation, he can score goals, and he can unbalance defences. He’s dynamic, vertical, and direct". If his move to Barça is confirmed, Xavi said it would be a "spectacular" signing.

"Cesc is suffering"

The other name on everyone’s lips is Cesc Fabregas. Xavi acknowledged having spoken with Cesc in the Summer. "I spoke to Cesc in Ibiza and he said he was suffering, because he really wants to come. It’s what he most wants, he’s done everything he can to come and wants Arsenal to let him go" he said, although he did clarify that now everything depends on the selling club.

Bojan’s case

On the other hand, Xavi also commented on the possible departure of Bojan Krkic. "I'm sorry that he might leave, although a change of scenery might be the best for him" he said. On Fontàs and Thiago, both members of the 1st team squad from this season on, he is in no doubt. "Both players are ready, just like the other players in the squad" he concluded.

`Link (Including a Video): http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada11-12/07/13/n110713118393.html

Why is Cesc being such a two faced little B*tch? He tells Wenger that he will accept any decision made by Wenger and then he moans about it to Xavi.

The best part about the entire saga is that no blame is attached to Fabregas. It is all Barcelona's fault.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next