50 posters

Page 18 of 41 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 41  Next

Go down

Latest Arsenal Rumours - Page 18 Empty Re: Latest Arsenal Rumours

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:28 pm

Iceman wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:
lenear1030 wrote:anyone wanna bet that sagna or wilshere comes back before diaby does?

I hope it happens Very Happy

Our team would be very strong with Sagna and Wilshere back.

Szczesny

Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Gibbs/Santos

Ramsey/Arteta Song Wilshere

Walcott RVP Gervinho

Change Walcott for Reus in Jan and I would be estatic

That's where I'm reading it. There's another post that also suggested replacing Walcott for Reus

Ouh didn't see it sorry Embarassed I myself don't want to drop Walcott, he has still to prove a point, but depth when our other players aren't in form is very important, and we don't have good depth.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:32 pm

Wasn't Wilshere originally groomed to play more upfront (not as a striker obviously, but also not as deep as he played last year)? Can we put him on the front line during January, when we wont have Gervinho? I just do not want to breakup Ramsey-Song-Arteta at the moment.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:41 pm

If we are losing Arshavin anyway, and Schalke will lose Farfan on a free next summer, wouldn't it be a sweet deal to trade Arshavin for Farfan?
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:45 pm

Iceman wrote:If we are losing Arshavin anyway, and Schalke will lose Farfan on a free next summer, wouldn't it be a sweet deal to trade Arshavin for Farfan?

A better deal would be if we get Farfan for free, and sell them Arshavin for atleast 10millions + Squillaci if they want Razz
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:47 pm

I thought you guys wanted more/better depth? If Arshavin isn't performing (which isn't the case, because he has been awesome off the bench this season), then Farfan would be a very good player to get instead of him; especially since Arshavin hinted that if he continues to stay on the bench for long, then he'll want to leave.
I rate Farfan well. Can definitely add something to the team
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:35 am

Problem with that is that Farfan is very similar to Arshavin, in that his performances are inconsistent and he'll only perform when he feels like it. Sure, getting him for free all sounds well and good but I think we need to get someone more consistent in.

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:40 am

Agreed. Farfan is also mostly a right winger and I'd prefer someone versatile who can play on both flanks. Reus can do inside forward on the left flank or winger on the right without much problems.

If we want free extend Arshavin's contract for 1 or 2 years Very Happy
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:06 pm

Eden Hazard and Marvin Martin both choose Spain over Arsenal

Arsene Wenger’s search for a top class midfielder to fill Cesc Fabregas’ boots at the Emirates took a double blow yesterday as two of the most likely contenders, Eden Hazard and Marvin Martin, both announced that they would prefer to move to La Liga than the Premiership.

Eden Hazard now seems certain to be moving to Real Madrid next summer. First of all his agent revealed that he had been in touch with the Spanish giants and Hazard made it clear when he said: “I want to play for Real Madrid. I do not want to play for any other team.”

Yesterday, Chelsea and Arsenal headed the betting to sign Hazard, and it will be a great loss to the Premier League if he moves to La Liga instead, but it seems like a done deal as far as he is concerned.

Marvin Martin has been touted as another (cheaper) alternative, but the French international also admitted his preference for Spain. He said: “This summer I intend to leave Sochaux,”

“I really like Spain. It is a beautiful championship. But if a big French club is interested, there is no problem, I’ll stay in France.

“On reflection, I think I made the right choice [signing a new contract]. The most important thing when you’re young is to play. This is what I do at Sochaux.”

So it seems that Wenger will have to make do with Aaron Ramsey and Jack Wilshere next season, or perhaps Mario Gotze? :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

http://justarsenal.com/eden-hazard-and-marvin-martin-both-choose-spain-over-arsenal/11406
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its good Hazard going to Real Madrid we can buy him for half of the price the year after. Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:17 pm

Borussia Dortmund’s managing director Hans-Joachim Watzke has revealed that he is aware of intensifying interest from Arsenal in stars Mario Gotze and Kevin Großkreutz, though he insists he is relaxed over the proposed offers.

“I see the whole situation in a relaxed way,” Watzke was quoted as saying in tribalfootball.com.

“Before our first game in the Champions League, Arsenal were talking about Gotze. Now, with the second leg due in London, it's all about Großkreutz.

"Maybe a third player will be mentioned when we get closer?"

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:34 pm

FootballVibe has reported that Arsene Wenger is set to launch a £15 million bid for Sochaux midfielder Marvin Martin however the Frenchman faces competition from Ligue 1 giants Paris Saint-Germain. Martin was a huge Summer target for Arsenal with Wenger viewing the 23-year-old as a strong replacement for former captain Cesc Fabregas.

The France international recorded a superb 41 appearances, four goals and seventeen assists last season and stared with his evasiveness and clinical passing. Martin is seen as a typical Arsenal player by many but may be tempted by the prospect of remaining in France with big spenders PSG.

However Wenger has the funds to secure the Sochaux play maker alongside the luxury of UEFA Champions League football.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:35 pm

France international midfielder Yann M’Vila has revealed that he is ready to leave Rennes following talk of a big-money move to Arsenal.

M’Vila, rated as one of the best midfielders in Ligue 1, disclosed that he will leave Rennes.

“I feel ready to leave now,” he told Fifa.com. “I just don’t think it’s a good idea with Euro 2012 coming up.”

M’Vila’s revelation of his intention to leave comes just a day after his Rennes team-mate Kader Mangane told Goal.com that the France international “will join Real Madrid or Arsenal next summer”.

Turning to international matters, M'Vila is confident of a successful European Championship campaign and is determined to win the trophy France last lifted in 2000.

“I’m proud, happy and above all relieved that we’ve reached the finals,” the 21-year-old told Fifa.com.

“Bosnia gave us a real fright in our last qualifier, but I think we’ve got a genuine chance at the Euros.

“We’re not going to Ukraine and Poland for the sightseeing, but to come back with the title.”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:37 pm

A number of players in the German Bundesliga have been linked to the Gunners' in recent weeks, with the likes of Mario Goetze and Kevin GroBkreutz among the rumoured. However Better.com have announced Arsene Wenger is eager to sign Borussia Monchengladbach striker Marco Rues.

The German striker has emerged as an impressive, efficient forward in the Bundesliga and Wenger is keen to entice the 22-year-old with the luxuries of UEFA Champions League and Premier League football. Last season the Rues amassed 37 appearances and 12 goals as the Foals narrowly avoided relegation.

This season the German international has developed superbly, securing eight goals in ten appearances. Wenger has been impressed with Reus's speed and agility alongside his composed finishing and with Marouane Chamakh set for a January departure, the German looms as the ideal replacement.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:38 pm

The Daily Mail has reported that Arsenal winger Andrei Arshavin is subject to interest from German giants Schalke 04 and Russian outfit, who possess one of the biggest budgets in Europe, Anzhi Makhachkala. The 30-year-old is said to be frustrated at the Emirates due to the lack of playing time.

The Russian has become out of favour under Arsene Wenger despite some energetic displays in recent weeks. The Arsenal fans have also become frustrated with Arshavin due to his tendency to appear uninterested and lazy at times.

The Russia captain was an Arsenal record £15 million signing from Zenit St Petersburg in January 2009 and has since amassed 119 appearances, thirty goals and thirty assists, impressive statistics regardless of attitude. However Theo Walcott and Gervinho are ahead of Arshavin in the wing regime whilst the emergence of boom teenagers Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Ryo Miyaichi ensures a compact forward line.

Arshavin is a popular figure in Russia and has expressed a desire to return to his homeland, with Anzhi capable of producing the £15 million Wenger would desire, it could prove a likely move in January.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:44 pm

Borussia Dortmund chief Hans-Joachim Watzke isn't panicking over Arsenal's interest in his players.

Dortmund midfielder pair Mario Gotze and Kevin Grosskreutz are being tracked by Arsenal chief scout Steve Rowley.

But Watzke says: "I see the whole situation in a relaxed way.

"Before our first game in the Champions League Arsenal were talking about Gotze. Now, with the second leg due in London, it's all about Grosskreutz.

Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:45 pm

Arsenal are expected to recall striker Wellington from his loan at Levante.

Brazilian forward Wellington, 18, is fed-up at not getting a chance in the Levante first team and tweeted his frustrations despite being asked to stop spending so much time on social networking sites.

Wellington could now come back to Arsenal in January and then they would loan him out for the rest of the campaign as it is believed there is interest from France, Greece and Brazil.

Posted it here cos none check out the loan thread....
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:45 pm

West Bromwich Albion are moving for New York Red Bulls defender Tim Ream.

Arsenal are making a move for the USA international.

However, Express & Star says the Baggies plan to offer trials to Ream. They have already been running the rule over DC United goalkeeper Bill Hamid.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:47 pm

Dulwich Hamlet teenage defender Michael Chambers has the country’s biggest clubs chasing his signature.

The Daily Mail says Chambers, a teenage defender at Dulwich Hamlet, is the subject of an unlikely transfer pursuit involving no less than Manchester United, Arsenal, Tottenham and seven other clubs.

Ten teams ranging from United to Bristol City, and including Everton and Aston Villa, were represented at Dulwich Hamlet’s Ryman League fixture last Saturday.

Chambers, 17, plays at centre half for Dulwich, who are top of their division. He is 6ft 2in, left-footed and has a growing reputation for elegance on the ball.

Originally with Millwall and then in Reading’s youth team, Chambers was thought to lack aggression and was released by the Championship club.

But a series of displays in senior amateur football have made him the recent focus of youth scouts across the country.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:35 pm

ernie_schwarz wrote:Arsenal are expected to recall striker Wellington from his loan at Levante.

Brazilian forward Wellington, 18, is fed-up at not getting a chance in the Levante first team and tweeted his frustrations despite being asked to stop spending so much time on social networking sites.

Wellington could now come back to Arsenal in January and then they would loan him out for the rest of the campaign as it is believed there is interest from France, Greece and Brazil.

Posted it here cos none check out the loan thread....

youth policy Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:50 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Borussia Dortmund’s managing director Hans-Joachim Watzke has revealed that he is aware of intensifying interest from Arsenal in stars Mario Gotze and Kevin Großkreutz, though he insists he is relaxed over the proposed offers.

“I see the whole situation in a relaxed way,” Watzke was quoted as saying in tribalfootball.com.

“Before our first game in the Champions League, Arsenal were talking about Gotze. Now, with the second leg due in London, it's all about Großkreutz.

all this Hazard and Gotze ting is starting to annoy me....everyone knows we have no chance signing either of them. maybe it just the media laughing at us Very Happy
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:09 pm

That's what sell nowaday, fabricated story sell for hopeful & desperate fans. I used to read tribalfootball for shit and giggle and now they have their own exclusive quotes. Of course they do, who gonna clarify some quotes from a german dude.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:17 pm

It was a mistake sending Wellington to Levante. They play oldies there and even players are 22-23 cant get into the team

Need to send him to Holland or France
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:22 pm

On M'vila, Wenger wanted him last summer but that's before we signed Arteta who will stay for 3 years. Someone even wants him to replace Song :mental: who has been tremendous so far, he reminds me so much of Makelele last few games, calmer and better ball holding. Wenger hybrid rotate midfields finally work after a year, defensive duty will be shared equally among three, why go for pure defensive midfield now?

It's not matter of who replace who, imo defense and midfield are sorted. I want Wenger rejuvenate the attack a bit, ideally a winger who can step in for RVP to bang goal when needed, not at the expense of any of our starters though.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:27 pm

RealGunner wrote:It was a mistake sending Wellington to Levante. They play oldies there and even players are 22-23 cant get into the team

Need to send him to Holland or France

Yeah, no one could forsee it though, team of Levante status one would think he could fit in nicely. I'm sure he will be off for another loan when Levante dissapointing spell ends, i hope it's either Bpl or ligue 1 teams.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:26 pm

Sad thing is that they begged us for him
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:28 pm

We are going to sign M'vila and Hazard and complete your dream RG Very Happy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:24 pm

alot of these potential signings would make so much more sense if we went to a 4-3-1-2.

an mvlia song wilshere midfield with a gotze or eriksen as the playmaker would be crazy. and walcott and Rvp up front
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 41 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 41  Next