MJ
urbaNRoots
Raptorgunner
50 posters

Page 10 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 41  Next

Go down

Latest Arsenal Rumours - Page 10 Empty Re: Latest Arsenal Rumours

Post by REWB Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:23 pm

id love kolo back, loved him alot. but i dont think this is true. city wont sell him back and i dont think he would want to come back tbh.

REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:50 pm

I would take Kolo back any day.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:07 pm

The only reason why Touré left in the first place is because he didn't get on with William Gallas. Now that Gallas isn't here, I'm sure Touré would welcome a return if it doesn't work out at City.

That being said, he may not get regular football with us now so he might decide to go somewhere else.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:36 pm

there will be tons of clubs after him. I am sure Tottenham will be the first club to bid for him lol, however i dont think toure will go there.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:49 pm

There will be many clubs but would he take a pay cut? I am sure he is making crazy money at Man city.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:20 pm

He'd definitely have to take a wage cut. He probably earns more than van Persie or any other key player at Arsenal.

Wouldn't mind him for a few years, even though he's getting old.

I don't see it happening, though. Wenger has never brought back any oldies apart from Campbell and Lehmann and that was out of desperation.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:07 pm

It's actually not that far out of reach. Toure doesn't fit in with City's plans and he's been fined and banned a number of times since joining, why not? And our defense can only get better. And he wouldnt even have to be a CB, he can hold his own as a midfielder.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:16 pm

I still dont get why you guys keep on saying we need a midfielder, look at this

Song
Wilshere
Ramsey
Arteta
Rosicky
Diaby
Coquelin
Frimpong

we have too many players for just 3 position and Wenger is unlikely to sell any of those.s and even though we do no look that much creative, i believe with time we will

and ohh, Granero is crap. we might not be as good as Madrid, but that does not mean their flops are better than our first team. and i dont think every young spanish midfielder will just walk into any team in EPL, they might be techinical, but not better.

on a side note, what happened to Fran Merida?
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:24 pm

mzamani wrote:I still dont get why you guys keep on saying we need a midfielder, look at this

Song
Wilshere
Ramsey
Arteta
Rosicky
Diaby
Coquelin
Frimpong

we have too many players for just 3 position and Wenger is unlikely to sell any of those.s and even though we do no look that much creative, i believe with time we will

and ohh, Granero is crap. we might not be as good as Madrid, but that does not mean their flops are better than our first team. and i dont think every young spanish midfielder will just walk into any team in EPL, they might be techinical, but not better.

dont mind him, its just typical Madrid fan arrogance
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:34 pm

Don't know anything about Granero. But if we are going to stick with the list above we are going to have a long few years. There is nobody on that list that is creative. So we are then stuck with 2 options we change tactics. Which we seem to not be doing. Or we need to go out and get a creative mid.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:07 pm

mzamani wrote:I still dont get why you guys keep on saying we need a midfielder, look at this

Song
Wilshere
Ramsey
Arteta
Rosicky
Diaby
Coquelin
Frimpong

there's really only one central playmaker in that list (ramsey) and he seems to show signs of turning the corner. rosicky is past it but still serviceable, benayoun is better wide, and wilshere is still unproven at 1st team level as an attacking mid, but he's already proven EXCELLENT as a b2b CM.

what's crazy is that with all those young players in that mix, we have another crop coming through that's equally as good or even better in Ozyakup, Aneke, Afobe and co. and behind them are Bellerin, Toral, etc. Not to mention there's Lansbury on loan at West Ham.

we're pretty much loaded at midfield with young players and experience (mostly young though). but you're probably right, wenger's not gonna sell much of anyone from this crop. it's just people have been quick to say we need to buy a playmaker because there's really only one legitimate one playing for us right now and he's just getting into form
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:48 am

Arsene Wenger desperate to sign 2 or 3 players in Jan.

http://bit.ly/sVc9PR
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:11 am

Wilshere not creative? :facepalm:

How long will it take you guys to understand that this team was missing confidence, and nothing else but that?
I like our midfield. It's filled with hard working players who are all excellent passers and cover A LOT of ground (Ramsey covers ~10-11 km almost every game, for example). I don't think we need any more midfielders tbh
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:51 am

The German media is reporting that Arsenal have sent representatives over to Germany to scout out FC Koln Striker Lukas Podolski with a view to making a bid for the German International as soon as January.

Arsenal are in the market for another striker, one that is far more prolific and reliable than what they currently have on their books, Robin Van Persie apart, they have been linked with Podolski before and it appears that interest has not died down.

There is also the nervousness at The Emirates that even if van Persie extends his contract and remains at the club that they are too reliant on one man up front, someone like Podolski would certainly fullfil the van Persie position either because of injury or in the event that the Dutch superstar is sold.

Podolski is immensely experienced but only 26 years old, he has already represented Germany 93 times and since rejoining FC Koln is averaging a goal every three games despite playing more often as a winger than out and out striker.
If Arsenal are serious in their intentions to sign Podolski they will not get much change out of £20 Million
Source: footylatest.com

__________Caught Offside__________
The good news keeps on rolling – if this rumour is true – for Arsenal fans after their 5-3 victory over Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on the weekend.

Podolski could be the answer to manager Arsene Wenger’s prayers as the German has great versatility and can play out wide or through the middle.

This will provide the Frenchman with options as Podolski could either be back up to RVP or play as a partner.

Wenger could even play Podolski on the left-flank and cause full-backs problems with his pace and direct running.

At £20million the money could be right for Arsenal, after the Gunners boss was priced out of his original target Karim Benzema by Real Madrid.

One spanner that could be thrown into the deal could be the sudden availability of Eden Hazard.

If Wenger is serious about the Belgian – which he appears to be – then he will need to spend serious money to get the winger.

If Lille are knocked out of the Champions League group stage, Hazard could leave France in January and Wenger may need the £20million for Podolski to sign the Belgian.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:57 am

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
let's not talk about it too much...we might jinx it.

let's pretend that it's not happening while in fact it's actually happening Cool
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:03 am

I saw Podolski in the Arsenal vs Köln friendly.. He is amazing! This would actually be a really really good signing..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:52 am

Song
Wilshere
Ramsey
Arteta
Rosicky
Diaby
Coquelin
Frimpong

Because there is no creativity in the midfield, that is why.

Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:56 am

Artilleristen wrote:

Song
Wilshere
Ramsey
Arteta
Rosicky
Diaby
Coquelin
Frimpong

Because there is no creativity in the midfield, that is why.

Fran Meirda left last summer [2010] to spain.. He didn't see a future for himself in England with Fabregas ahead of him, or maybe he could forsee Fabregas (who was like a mentor and guide to him) return to Spain sooner rather than later.. We all saw that after the Barca-jersey-thing last summer.. So yeah, anyway, he moved.. I think he handed in a transfer request or something, iirc..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:30 pm

srigooner wrote:I saw Podolski in the Arsenal vs Köln friendly.. He is amazing! This would actually be a really really good signing..

I frakking love Podolski

Latest Arsenal Rumours - Page 10 Lukas-podolski-2011-3-7-9-41-14
He's the only person who could make this seem manly.

GTF INNN
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:39 pm

Please for the love of godski buy him Wenger. :bow: :bow: Chaka
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:17 pm

any reliable source apart from coughtoffshite reported that? :coffee:

Last edited by sina90 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:17 pm

Godolski Very Happy

Doubt he's coming, he's far too loyal and happy at Koln to move.

But he's in awesome form, it has to be said.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:30 pm

sina90 wrote:any reliable source apart from coughtoffshite reported that? :coffee:

Just wait if the Spuds and Money City interested in him you know for sure Arsenal were the first ones.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:39 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
sina90 wrote:any reliable source apart from coughtoffshite reported that? :coffee:

Just wait if the Spuds and Money City interested in him you know for sure Arsenal were the first ones.
Report:spuds to hijack Arsenal deal for X player, LOL miss those days eco smile
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:42 pm

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is set to step up his pursuit of a new midfielder and has set his sights on Borussia Monchengladbach's Marco Reus, according to German publication Kicker.

The 22-year-old has been in outstanding form over the past 18-months and has broken into the German national side.

Reus' performances haven't gone unnoticed and a number of Europe's top clubs have shown an interest in him including Premier League duo Arsenal and Manchester City.

So far this season he has made 10 appearances for the Bundesliga outfit and has scored four goals whilst providing one assist.

Monchengladbach will not want to sell their prized asset but it is believed should a bid of £15million come in a deal could be done.

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/arsenal-plotting-move-for-15m-rated-german-international-midfielder-12217/
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:13 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is set to step up his pursuit of a new midfielder and has set his sights on Borussia Monchengladbach's Marco Reus, according to German publication Kicker.

The 22-year-old has been in outstanding form over the past 18-months and has broken into the German national side.

Reus' performances haven't gone unnoticed and a number of Europe's top clubs have shown an interest in him including Premier League duo Arsenal and Manchester City.

So far this season he has made 10 appearances for the Bundesliga outfit and has scored four goals whilst providing one assist.

Monchengladbach will not want to sell their prized asset but it is believed should a bid of £15million come in a deal could be done.

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/arsenal-plotting-move-for-15m-rated-german-international-midfielder-12217/

epic fail Reus is a striker not a midfielder Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 41  Next