Raptorgunner
50 posters

Page 13 of 41 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 41  Next

Go down

Latest Arsenal Rumours - Page 13 Empty Re: Latest Arsenal Rumours

Post by Jay29 Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:31 am

There's just a few things wrong with that report:

Granero isn't a forward.

Granero is 24, thus too old to be call the "U21 forward".

He isn't rated at £10mil. It's half that, actually.

There are no quotes from Wenger himself. Then again, Wenger said "no" about Arshavin and looked what happened there.

I'm not bothered either way, but if papers are going to rule us out of signing somebody at least they could do is get their facts straight.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:47 am

We do need a midfielder in jan, Arteta, Ramsey, Diaby are all injury prone. Wilshere isnt, but u never know with his long term injury.

I would obviously prefer a marquee signing but that aint happening.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:51 am

srigooner wrote:
MJGunner wrote:No big loss there, was never too excited about him anyway. But as we all know Wenger has said the following things before doing them "I will not sell Nasri/Fabregas and I will not buy Mertesacker and I will not sign 30+ players to 4 year contracts." more or less.

Knew someone would bring those up. :coffee:

hahaha someone had to.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:30 pm

Gunners Boss Will Launch £35m Offer for German Superstar

Arsene Wenger will launch a staggering £35 million offer for Dortmund star Mario Gotze according to the Daily Mail, despite the player's agent suggesting his client wants to honour his current contract with the Bundesliga club.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know the way we have been playing this buy is unlikely but he is one of youngster we must buy for the future. I don't care even if we have to buy him and loan him back to Dortmund until next year.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:34 pm

I remember Dailymail, when reported: "Exclusive: Joe Cole joins Arsenal"

Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:37 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:I remember Dailymail, when reported: "Exclusive: Joe Cole joins Arsenal"

Laughing

LOL omg don't remind me of that. :facepalm: :facepalm: Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:38 am

http://www.arsenal.com/media-watch

I never knew that was there...

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:41 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:http://www.arsenal.com/media-watch

I never knew that was there...
Good fining, I never knew either.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:43 am

If Gotze were to somehow come to Arsenal, how will our lineup look? It all just seems unnecessary and an overkill. Do bench Ramsey (our long term replacement for Cesc), or wilshere (Our face of the franchise )? Sure Gotze can play right behind the striker, but do we change our entire formation for a player? Not to mention that 1 of AOC , Walcott, Gervinho would seemingly not be part of our immediate future starting 11. I just dont see Wenger spending 35 mil on a player who will not even be guaranteed a spot on the starting 11.

Dream signing would be in the mold of Lorente. That king of striker would be ideal to bolster our attack.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:58 am

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:If Gotze were to somehow come to Arsenal, how will our lineup look? It all just seems unnecessary and an overkill. Do bench Ramsey (our long term replacement for Cesc), or wilshere (Our face of the franchise )? Sure Gotze can play right behind the striker, but do we change our entire formation for a player? Not to mention that 1 of AOC , Walcott, Gervinho would seemingly not be part of our immediate future starting 11. I just dont see Wenger spending 35 mil on a player who will not even be guaranteed a spot on the starting 11.

Dream signing would be in the mold of Lorente. That king of striker would be ideal to bolster our attack.

We need a Creative player. Gotzee is going to be a big star it would be nice to pick him up now and build a team around him and Jack, Ramsey, AOC.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 am

Gotze, Reus, Marvin Martin, Podolski, Gourcuff......the rumours are clearly indicating that Wenger is after an attacking midfielder and/or striker.

Even though Wenger denied wanting any new players, he has said this all before with Arteta and Arshavin for example.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:29 am

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:If Gotze were to somehow come to Arsenal, how will our lineup look? It all just seems unnecessary and an overkill. Do bench Ramsey (our long term replacement for Cesc), or wilshere (Our face of the franchise )? Sure Gotze can play right behind the striker, but do we change our entire formation for a player? Not to mention that 1 of AOC , Walcott, Gervinho would seemingly not be part of our immediate future starting 11. I just dont see Wenger spending 35 mil on a player who will not even be guaranteed a spot on the starting 11.

It's an attitude like your first line which has us trophyless since 2005. Our attackg midfield is still not good enough, Ramsey is very inconsistent.

And Gotze walks into the team, no two ways about it. Obviously we won't buy him anyway
Kaiser
Kaiser
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:31 am

Ramsey inconsistent?
He's not thaaaaaaaat bad.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:33 am

Yes, inconsistent.

A moment of magic yesterday for the first goal yet plenty of poor moments aswell.

If we dont bolster our attacking options, in my view a striker + attacking mid is needed, I doubt we'll be challenging for leagues again.
Kaiser
Kaiser
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:42 am

ramsey is inconsistent, but he wasnt like that pre injury, which is a shame. hopefully he comes back to his best. atm he is 75% there imo.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:58 am

Ramsey has been doing extremely well. I don't want to buy Gotze, because our current options (if they continue to perform) are good enough. We have hard working, creative players in Ramsey, Wilshere, Arteta, Song, Coquelin and Frimpong. This is without considering Rosicky as well. Do you need to go and buy a midfielder for 35+ million? No.
You're trying to kid yourself if you think that Ramsey isn't good enough. Inconsistent in what way, exactly? His passing success rate has been amazing, his workrate and the ground he covers has been second to none in the team, he has scored goals when we needed them, provided through balls when required. Can he perform better? Of course he can, but he is getting there with every match.
If you think Ramsey is inconsistent, then Gotze must be off the charts for you. If we're going to criticize Ramsey so as to find a reason to go for Gotze, then at least site a problem that Gotze doesn't have.
Goetze is obviously more creative, but he doesn't work as hard. Ramsey and Arteta are finally starting to gel, and are improving with every passing game.

I don't understand how everyone views Gotze to be our savior. He's great, and I have seen him play countless of times this season and last, but I'd still have Ramsey over him, especially if Ramsey reaches his pre-injury form and level. He seems to be on course to do so, and he's finally gaining confidence which he so desperately needed.

So, in short, I would not go for Gotze. I really wouldn't, even if we had the money available. I see that a striker is a more pressing issue, with Bendtner never wanting to play for Arsenal, Chamakh horribly off-form and Park still working in training. If we get the Chamakh of last season back, then we wouldn't really have an issue, but as things stand we need to do something.

Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:24 pm

One thing people don't consider is that Ramsey and Götze are two completely different players who don't even play in the same position.

Furthermore, Wenger recently went on record saying that he doesn't want to play two wingers and a traditonal no. 10 because it leaves us short in midfield, hence why Arshavin, a player more in likeness to Götze than Ramsey, doesn't play there.

So in the extremely unlikely event we do sign Mario Götze, he'll most likely be played on the left or right - a role, incidentally, he is very familiar with at Dortmund - and not behind the striker, which is the position everyone seems to crave a big name player for.

The current midfield is working fine and the likes of Ramsey and Arteta are getting better with every game. What it needs is some depth. Wilshere is still to come back, of course, but for the time being the immediate backup for these positions are Roiscky and Diaby, one of which can't complete 90 minutes and the other perpetually injured.

On top of that, we do need more depth in attacking positions and someone like Marco Reus, who can play in both wide areas and as a forward, would be an ideal signing, albeit an unlikely considering how reluctant young German players are to leave Germany and the Bundesliga at the moment.

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:25 pm

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will break the club's transfer record to sign Borussia Dortmund star Mario Goetze, according to The Daily Mail.
Goetze has played an integral role in Dortmund’s re-emergence in European football, enjoying an outstanding campaign last year in the Bundesliga and continuing to impress in this season's Champions League.

The 19-year old is key to Dortmund’s success and accordingly they would be loath to lose their most prized asset, but would probably listen to bids in excess of £20 million for the Germany international.

Arsenal chief scout Steve Rowley has been sent on numerous trips to check out the midfielder and has returned with glowing recommendations. Wenger could therefore be prepared to smash the Gunners' current transfer record, which was set when they paid £15m to Zenit St. Petersburg for Andrey Arshavin in 2009.

Goetze has already racked up 10 appearances for the national side and is thought to be attracting the attention of some of Europe’s biggest clubs, with Real Madrid previously being linked with a move, meaning Arsenal will face a battle to convince the player that his future lies at the Emirates.

The Daily Mail reports that Wenger has been handed a war-chest of £50m and will test Dortmund’s resolve with a big bid in the January transfer window.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:25 pm

Ajax central defender Jan Vertonghen is wanted by Arsenal and Tottenham.

The Sunday Express says a senior deputation from White Hart Lane ran the rule over Belgian Vertonghen, 24, during Ajax’s midweek 4-0 Champions League win over Dinamo Zagreb.

The £10million–rated stopper is also on Gunners boss Arsene Wenger’s wishlist.

But Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has made recruiting a commanding central defender a priority – though Ajax would fight off any move until the summer.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:26 pm

Borussia Moenchengladbach wonder-kid Marco Reus has Arsenal and Manchester City chasing his signature.

The Sunday Mirror says the two Premier League clubs have constantly watched the 22-year-old midfielder continue to impress in the Bundesliga this season and sources in Germany expect them both to make a move in the January transfer window.

Moenchengladbach rate Reus at £15million, but are worried his valuation may start to fall with just over two years left on his contract.

They bought him from Borussia Dortmund for £800,000 just over two years ago and he has quickly established himself as one of the most exciting players in the country.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Even if AW plans to buy new underwear,Mancini will try and buy them(for twice the original price,ofcourse) and put them permanently in the last shelf of his wardrobe
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:30 pm

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has not given up his interest in Fiorentina striker Stevan Jovetic.

The Daily Mail says Jovetic features highly on Wenger’s shopping list.

A top Gunners spy watched the Montenegro international in the recent Serie A clash against Catania. Jovetic impressed, scoring twice both of Fiorentina’s goals in a 2-2 draw. And the Gunners are planning to watch the forward again over the coming weeks as they step up their interest in the highly-rated forward.

Jovetic will not come cheap, though, after signing a new long-term deal with the Italian club recently, though sources close to the player say he is open to a move to England.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fellow gooners,between Jovetic and GODolski,who will you prefer?
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:31 pm

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has cooled talk of moving for Real Madrid midfielder Esteban Granero.

The Mirror says Wenger has ruled Arsenal out of the chase for Granero.

That will leave the way open for injury-hit Valencia to make a move for the £10million-rated 24-year-old, who is likely to leave the Bernabeu in January.

The Gunners have been linked with the Spain Under-21 midfielder, but Wenger says he is not interested.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:42 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:One thing people don't consider is that Ramsey and Götze are two completely different players who don't even play in the same position.

Furthermore, Wenger recently went on record saying that he doesn't want to play two wingers and a traditonal no. 10 because it leaves us short in midfield, hence why Arshavin, a player more in likeness to Götze than Ramsey, doesn't play there.

So in the extremely unlikely event we do sign Mario Götze, he'll most likely be played on the left or right - a role, incidentally, he is very familiar with at Dortmund - and not behind the striker, which is the position everyone seems to crave a big name player for.

The current midfield is working fine and the likes of Ramsey and Arteta are getting better with every game. What it needs is some depth. Wilshere is still to come back, of course, but for the time being the immediate backup for these positions are Roiscky and Diaby, one of which can't complete 90 minutes and the other perpetually injured.

On top of that, we do need more depth in attacking positions and someone like Marco Reus, who can play in both wide areas and as a forward, would be an ideal signing, albeit an unlikely considering how reluctant young German players are to leave Germany and the Bundesliga at the moment.

The current immediate backups for Arteta and Ramsey are Coquelin, Benayoun and Rosicky. I view Coquelin as more than a player who is capable of doing more than just the DM role, and I think that Wenger agrees with this view. Coquelin showed that when he played for the French U-21s.
Not exactly stellar options, I know, but they can all definitely do a job for us in midfield. Then we have Wilshere and Diaby who are going to come back. I think it's great that we have so many players who can play several different positions.
Marco Reus is a player I personally like. I haven't watched too many games of him (only 3 or 4 to be precise) but I instantly liked him.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:00 pm

Marco Reus has a release clause of £15.4m according to this article http://bit.ly/vhm9Du from Raphael Honigstein.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:40 pm

im sorry but if you can get a mercurial talent i.e. gotze you have to forget about players like ramsey for the time being. that's what separates teams like madrid/bayern from the rest. when you have depth like that, it is good thing. you need to get those guys if available and willing. especially if they're versatile and can play in 2-3 different spots. we need to have the problem of too many good players instead of too many mediocre unreliable guys.

there is no such thing as overkill
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 41 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 41  Next