MJ
urbaNRoots
Raptorgunner
50 posters

Page 11 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 41  Next

Go down

Latest Arsenal Rumours - Page 11 Empty Re: Latest Arsenal Rumours

Post by EL Patron Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:13 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is set to step up his pursuit of a new midfielder and has set his sights on Borussia Monchengladbach's Marco Reus, according to German publication Kicker.

The 22-year-old has been in outstanding form over the past 18-months and has broken into the German national side.

Reus' performances haven't gone unnoticed and a number of Europe's top clubs have shown an interest in him including Premier League duo Arsenal and Manchester City.

So far this season he has made 10 appearances for the Bundesliga outfit and has scored four goals whilst providing one assist.

Monchengladbach will not want to sell their prized asset but it is believed should a bid of £15million come in a deal could be done.

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/arsenal-plotting-move-for-15m-rated-german-international-midfielder-12217/

epic fail Reus is a striker not a midfielder Laughing

EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:46 pm

Gunners Prepare Offer as Podolski Nears Contract End :bow:

With Arsenal said to be keen on the 26-year-old, Podolski has found himself torn between committing his future to Cologne and the possibility of a move to the Premier League.

Podolski is still contracted to Cologne until June 2013, and general manager Volker Finke has revealed that he still remains confident they can persuade the striker to pen a new deal at the RheinEnergie Stadium.

"I am trying to stay indifferent to rumours like this,” Finke told German daily BILD. “We all know what we are facing. Sometime around Christmas we will be going to meet to try and thrash out the contract extension of Lukas Podolski.

"I have already spoken to his agent, Kon Schramm. We have no clear date just now. Maybe we will meet two weeks before Christmas or two weeks after Christmas. We should fix this without any pressure."

Wenger has been informed that he has money to spend in the January transfer window, and with Podolski revealing his future remains "open" and only having a limited amount of time left on his current contract, Cologne may be forced to listen to offers or else risk losing him for nothing the following season.

Wenger is keen to bolster his attacking options, with critics suggesting the North London club are too dependant on captain Robin van Persie. With Marouane Chamakh looking increasingly likely to leave the Gunners, a number of publications have picked up on Wenger’s admiration for Podolski.

Cologne manager Stale Solbakken understands Arsenal’s interest in the versatile attacker – who can play on the wing or as a striker – insisting that there is always going to be interest in a player of his quality.

"It's pretty usual there is big interest in a player like Podolski. He needs to talk to his family, his agent and the club about his future."
http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of the best Transfers if this happen. Chaka
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:59 pm

Podolski will complete our attacking area.

Im really excited.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:24 pm

highburied wrote:Podolski will complete our attacking area.

Im really excited.

This will open the door for more Germans to come.

Latest Arsenal Rumours - Page 11 610x
Thumbs up podolski and Goetze :bow:

Szczesny and Mertesacker have some work to do to bring these players to Arsenal.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:13 pm

Arsenal Plan Another Raid on Everton for £15m Midfield Star Very Happy

verton fans will be hoping Arsenal do not manage to steal another midfielder after it emerged that the north London side were showing an interest in Marouane Fellaini.

Arsenal managed to convince Everton to part with star midfielder Mikel Arteta over the summer and reports suggest that manager Arsene Wenger is also keeping an eye on the contract situation with Fellaini.

Everton's most expensive ever player was brought to Goodison Park for £15million in the summer of 2008 after reportedly turning down the advances of Tottenham and Aston Villa.

The 23-year-old has gone on to build a reputation as one of the most consistent performers in the Premier League and has chipped in with some important goals for the Merseyside club.

Fellaini has already represented Belgium on 30 occasions and his ability to both defend and be a goal threat thanks to his fantastic heading ability and power in the air.

Everton are desperate to tie down the midfielder to a long-term contract and have already opened negotiations as they attempt to make sure he does not enter the final year of his contract.

"The chairman and the chief exec have been working on it for a while and I've been waiting on the good news and hopefully it's not too far away,” David Moyes recently told the clubs official website.

However, Arsenal are hoping that the lure of Champions League football and the chance to be reunited with Arteta will persuade Fellaini to choose a move to the Emirates.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:25 pm

Ivory Coast Striker Makes ‘Come Get Me’ Plea to Arsenal

CSKA Moscow striker Seydou Doumbia has urged Arsene Wenger to bring him to the Premier League as soon as January.

Speaking earlier this week, Doumbia seemed desperate to secure a move to England, despite the calibre of his current employers.

“From childhood I've dreamed of England, but CSKA plays at a very high level," he explained.

“If Arsenal want to buy me, then they need to speak to CSKA and then perhaps I will be allowed to go.”

With 30 goals across all competitions for CSKA over the course of the 2011/12 season, as well as an immensely prolific period for Swiss outfit Young Boys behind him, Doumbia is evidently a classy operator in front of goal.

What is more, he has accrued 14 caps for his country despite competition from world class performers such as Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Never heard of him before, is he any good?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:10 pm

you haven't heard of him? wow i thought everyone would have heard his name by now. great player.....
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:19 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Arsenal Plan Another Raid on Everton for £15m Midfield Star Very Happy

verton fans will be hoping Arsenal do not manage to steal another midfielder after it emerged that the north London side were showing an interest in Marouane Fellaini.

Arsenal managed to convince Everton to part with star midfielder Mikel Arteta over the summer and reports suggest that manager Arsene Wenger is also keeping an eye on the contract situation with Fellaini.

Everton's most expensive ever player was brought to Goodison Park for £15million in the summer of 2008 after reportedly turning down the advances of Tottenham and Aston Villa.

The 23-year-old has gone on to build a reputation as one of the most consistent performers in the Premier League and has chipped in with some important goals for the Merseyside club.

Fellaini has already represented Belgium on 30 occasions and his ability to both defend and be a goal threat thanks to his fantastic heading ability and power in the air.

Everton are desperate to tie down the midfielder to a long-term contract and have already opened negotiations as they attempt to make sure he does not enter the final year of his contract.

"The chairman and the chief exec have been working on it for a while and I've been waiting on the good news and hopefully it's not too far away,” David Moyes recently told the clubs official website.

However, Arsenal are hoping that the lure of Champions League football and the chance to be reunited with Arteta will persuade Fellaini to choose a move to the Emirates.

we can get better
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:44 pm

I really like Seydou Doumbia. He's very quick, powerful and has very good technique. Most importantly, he knows the way to the back of the net.

You have to be weary of successful strikers coming from Russia, though. Jo and Vagner Love are two players who had great scoring records in Russia, but flopped else where... both play or played for CSKA, too, funnily enough.

I'm not too sure on buying a striker in January. Maybe in a season or two, but right now we want van Persie to be playing as much as he can and someone like Podolski or Doubmia is too good a player to play a backup role.

I am aware that Podolski can play as a left sided attacker, too, but I was under the impression that we wouldn't be getting the best out of him there.

On that note, I think Marco Reus would be a good addition, as he's good on the flanks as well as up top.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:02 pm

Actually, Podolski would be better suited in the left wing role rather than the lone striker role. The only way he's excelling up front is if we're playing a 2 striker formation, which we haven't in ages and I don't see Wenger changing.

It would basically be the role he plays for Germany, which we all know he's God at.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:03 pm

Dallas say US starlet Brek Shea will stay in Europe and train with Arsenal for a month after the USMNT friendlies.

Latest Arsenal Rumours - Page 11 Brek_shea_solodsn0444
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:06 pm

I've been told by some of the Americans on this site that Brek Shea is not ready to move to Europe yet. Likewise Tim Ream, another we've been heavily linked with.

My knowledge on Shea is limited, but I think he's a left winger.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:46 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I've been told by some of the Americans on this site that Brek Shea is not ready to move to Europe yet. Likewise Tim Ream, another we've been heavily linked with.

My knowledge on Shea is limited, but I think he's a left winger.

Yeh I've been told he is a left-winger too. We don't really need one of those right now. (Arshavin, Gervinho, RYO)
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:24 pm

According to Spanish website Estadio Deportivo, Sevilla are on the verge of tabling a bid for Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have mixed feeling about Chamakh leaving not sure why.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:56 am

Doumbia = goals. plus he's ivorian like the forehead

and if we get podolski we'll have an arsenal player on the goal legacy banner!
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:40 pm

Everton Plot January Move for £10m-Rated Arsenal Striker

Everton are thought to be interested in signing Arsenal's out-of-favour striker Marouane Chamakh when the January transfer window opens.

10 mill not bad, I would sell him for that price.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:42 pm

Arsenal Fans Fume as Wenger Rules Out Signings Defenders in January

Arsenal fans have been left stunned by Arsene Wenger’s recent stubborn stance on the defensive situation at the Emirates this season, as the French tactician effectively ruled out a move for Gary Cahill or any other defender in January.
--------------------------------------------------------------
LOL who wants to buy more Defenders? we have the best depth for CB in EPL imo.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:49 pm

Everton don't have £10mil, so I highly doubt they'll be targetting Chamakh.

Also, who worte that one about the defenders? Utter rubbish. We don't need another defender at this point, and we certainly don't need Gary Cahill.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:50 pm

Here my update of today's transfer BS news(though I secretly hope it turns out to be true)

Arsenal attacker Gervinho has backed their pursuit of former Lille teammate Eden Hazard.

Hazard has declared this will be his last season at Lille.

"I had the pleasure of playing with him in Lille and if given the opportunity I'd do it again," said Gervinho.

"We could have the opportunity to again share great moments on the field."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:50 pm

Mario Gotze has refused to pledge his future to Borussia Dortmund.

Chelsea and Arsenal are chasing the young attacking midfielder.

Gotze said: "I designed a plan with my agent, Volker Struth which stipulates that I will always play in the [Champions League]. That's my goal and that is important to me. But no-one can predict what will happen in the coming months and years.

"It is an honour, of course, if a big club like Bayern Munich are interested me. Basically I cannot and will not rule out anything.

"I have a contract signed until June 2014 but I really do not know what can happen in the coming months. It depends on many things and I now prefer to live day by day and improve my game with the team and fight for everything."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:51 pm

Arsenal are in transfer talks with Real Madrid.

Madrid media sources say Arsenal reps met with Real sports chief Miguel Pardeza last Friday in Spain.

Real midfielder Esteban Granero dominated discussions, though youngsters Jese Rodriguez and Alvaro Morata were also on the agenda for the Gunners.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More youngsters??I hope at least one of them is DEFENDER cos we sorely lack youth defenders....
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:53 pm

Arsenal and Chelsea are monitoring Jordan Lukaku's situation at Anderlecht.

Anderlecht chief Herman Van Holsbeeck says the 17 year-old left-back could be on the move at the end of next season.

Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku rates his kid brother a bigger talent.

"Next season he must break through or he will depart Anderlecht," warned Van Holsbeeck.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Had him in FM2011 Arsenal team,was good....I hope we sing Jordan Lukaku and Thorgan Hazard and make them bigger stars than their brothers causing envy among other clubs.... Very Happy
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:54 pm

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is closing in on a deal for Real Madrid midfielder Esteban Granero.

Marca says Wenger has approached Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho to get an update on his availability.

Granero has been strongly linked with a £6m move to the north London club and Wenger is hoping to land his signature in January.

With Abou Diaby suffering yet another injury setback and Jack Wilshere facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines, the Arsenal boss is keen to strengthen his midfield and has identified Granero as one of his main transfer targets.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:55 pm

ernie_schwarz wrote:Mario Gotze has refused to pledge his future to Borussia Dortmund.

Chelsea and Arsenal are chasing the young attacking midfielder.

Gotze said: "I designed a plan with my agent, Volker Struth which stipulates that I will always play in the [Champions League]. That's my goal and that is important to me. But no-one can predict what will happen in the coming months and years.

"It is an honour, of course, if a big club like Bayern Munich are interested me. Basically I cannot and will not rule out anything.

"I have a contract signed until June 2014 but I really do not know what can happen in the coming months. It depends on many things and I now prefer to live day by day and improve my game with the team and fight for everything."

I want Gotze more than Hazard, I want more German players at Arsenal.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:55 pm

Everton are interested in Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh.

The Daily Mail says Sevilla are ready to make a January move for Chamakh.

Sevilla sporting director Monchi is keen on the Morocco forward, 27, but much may depend on what cover Arsenal have for Robin van Persie.

Everton are also interested but would be more likely to request a loan.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope we sell him...It'll help him and us at the same time.....Sell MC in Jan and sign GODolski...
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:56 pm

Barcelona risk losing their superkid Gerard Deulofeu over a contract row.

The Daily Mail says Arsenal and Chelsea are maintaining interest in the contract wrangle between Barcelona and 17-year-old Deulofeu.

He has a £3.75million release clause but is unsure about signing a new contract unless he gets assurances about figuring in the first team soon.

Both London clubs enquired about him in the summer.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 41  Next