MJ
urbaNRoots
Raptorgunner
50 posters

Page 7 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 41  Next

Go down

Latest Arsenal Rumours - Page 7 Empty Re: Latest Arsenal Rumours

Post by lenear1030 Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:30 pm

yeah i'd do the deal also. we could get marko marin with that money if we felt like we needed to replace arshavin too

lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:37 pm

As much as I like Arshavin, I also feel we should cash in if someone offers in the summer. His contract expires at the end of next season, so it'll be interesting to see if we renew it this season. If we don't, you can be sure he'll be sold.

Replacing him with Marko Marin would make me happy. I do like that guy.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:43 pm

Marin has been a shadow of his former self though, GoonerJay.

If we're raiding the Bundesliga, a dream replacement would be Schurlle, although Reus would also be fantastic.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:01 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Marin has been a shadow of his former self though, GoonerJay.

If we're raiding the Bundesliga, a dream replacement would be Schurlle, although Reus would also be fantastic.

I think Reus will struggle if he comes too small too weak and unexperience....plus he is only effective behind the striker.
Schurlle would be a good buy....from what i have seen he can play on the wing or up front,We should get him and Rondon during the summer to add some firepower to the squad.

This summer...we have to get rid of Vela,Bendy,Squillaci,Chamack,Arshavin and co....they offer nothing zero,zilch nada

Walcott is so close to joining that list.....play him as a striker or sell him Very Happy

Last edited by gunnerlistick on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:03 pm

Perhaps a change of scenery would help Marin find his old form. In any case, I'd be happy with any decent young winger to replace Arshavin be it Marin, Schurlle, Reus, Ayew or Miyaichi. Since we've had Arshavin, Rosicky and Nasri on that wing in recent times, it'd be nice to have a genuine winger.

Of course, if Gervinho can replicate his Lille form more often and Walcott can find some form, we'd be sorted. There's Chamberlain too.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:06 pm

I just want Arshavin to leave quietly. Cash in on the guy and use the money on someone like Ayew or Marin
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:13 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Marin has been a shadow of his former self though, GoonerJay.

I think Reus will struggle if he comes too small too weak and unexperience....plus he is only effective behind the striker.
Schurlle would be a good buy....from what i have seen he can play on the wing or up front,We should get him and Rondon during the summer to add some firepower to the squad.

This summer...we have to get rid of Vela,Bendy,Squillaci,Chamack,Arshavin and co....they offer nothing zero,zilch nada

Walcott is so close to joining that list.....play him as a striker or sell him Very Happy

cant see us buying a striker like rondon. we have too many
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:17 pm

Marko Marin has not been in form for at least 1 year now. Bremen's star player remains Pizarro.

I agree that a good offer for Arshavin next summer and we should accept. Bearing in mind Benayoun doesn't sign a permanent deal too, then that's 2 midfielders we would have to replace. Ryo Miyaichi and Oxlade-Chamberlain of course are at the club but both are still young so an experienced midfielder/winger or 2 would be needed.

I agree Marco Reus is a good talent but André Schürrle is the one I would want if we are taking young talent from Germany. Such an exciting player.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:18 pm

lenear1030 wrote:
gunnerlistick wrote:

cant see us buying a striker like rondon. we have too many

Sell Chamack and Bendy.....free's the space behind RVP, Park chu young is a part timer Smile
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:21 pm

schurrle has just signed for Leverkussen, therefore I don't see that happening.

Marin has gone of the boil, admittedly, probably because he's pining for a move.

Ryo won't be ready for a good while too.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:26 pm

Too many underperformers and lot of dead weight associated with the club.

All of Squillaci, Arshavin, Chamakh, Almunia, Denilson, Bendtner, Vela, and even Diaby to an extent are useless and are almost all on 50k/wk.

Do the math and you'll find out these useless clowns are costing us £13million per season on the wage bill.

And I don't know about Marin either, far too weak for my liking. He's got skill, but thats not enough against the physical teams.

Last edited by the_gooner on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:27 pm

We should probably send Ryo on loan. With Gervinho, Arshavin and Benayoun it's difficult to see where his opportunities will be outside the domestic cups.

As for the strikers position: Bendtner said he doesn't want to come back, so that's him gone. Vela will most likely be sold, too. I can see us flogging Chamakh, too, if he doesn't buck his ideas up by the end of the season. Park will only be here for two seasons and much as it pains me to say, this could be van Persie's last season at Arsenal.

Suffice to say, it's looking a bit bleak up there. Joel Campbell is a good young talent, likewise Afobe, but we're going to need a capable frontman sooner rather than later. Either we buy one in the summer, or Walcott moves up front. I have a feeling I know which Wenger will do.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:41 pm

the_gooner wrote:Too many underperformers and lot of dead weight associated with the club.

All of Squillaci, Arshavin, Chamakh, Almunia, Denilson, Bendtner, Vela, and even Diaby to an extent are useless and are almost all on 50k/wk.

Do the math and you'll find out these useless clowns are costing us £13million per season on the wage bill.

And I don't know about Marin either, far too weak for my liking. He's got skill, but thats not enough against the physical teams.

Shocking revelations, to say the least. I've been saying we need to get rid of deadwood shits for a while now. Diaby is getting rich for nothing. Should've sold his weak arse when that bid from Turkey came in smoking
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:07 am

if we are buying someone go for gotze
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:47 am

m'vila, Martin, and Adebayor type of striker , and we are set.
Hate to admit it, but we have not been the same since the bastard left. A striker to bully defenders in the box, with an ability to link back and fourth with RVP.

Maybe Sow? Although i cannot see Lille selling us yet another player lol.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:25 am

Galatasaray is interested in Chamakh, I so hope it's true.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:39 am

the_gooner wrote:Too many underperformers and lot of dead weight associated with the club.

Diaby has till summer to pay us back for all these years of getting paid for nothing.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:39 am

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:if we are buying someone go for gotze
:bow: :bow: :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:05 am

Everyone knows BvB are not goin to sell GODze any time soon esp. after selling Nuri....so that effectively rules out Goetze and Eden is also ruled out due to the exorbitant price that LOSC are demanding.....

That means we have to sign Marvin Martin who will be relatively cheaper or that Ajax Blondie Eriksen and pray that he won't like his countryman Bendy for Arsenal Very Happy
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:06 am

Arsenal looked to have hopes of signing FC Basel and Switzerland star Xherdan Shaqiri in previous weeks.

However, according to Metro, it now looks like he could be most likely to join Hamburg SV despite their bottom of the table position in Germany.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:09 am

Arsenal's Marouane Chamakh could be on his way back to France with Marseilles claiming to be interested in the former Bordeaux striker.

During his time in England he has failed to ever land regular playing time, and continues to languish on the Arsenal bench with little prospect of a future in the starting XI.

Arsenal's real reason behind Marouane Chamakh's possible move to Marseilles could be as a bargaining chip to attempt another effort at the signing of Lucho Gonzalez.

The Gunners failed in a bid for Gonzalez in the summer, but with the need of a defensive minded midfielder, the French manager might renew his interest in January.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:10 am

The Daily Mail has reported that Real Madrid are set to make a major bid for Arsenal's main offensive weapon in Robin Van Persie in January.

However, the Daily Mirror has conflicting reports, stating that Van Persie is going nowhere and is fully committed to the Gunners.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:12 am

ernie_schwarz wrote:Arsenal's Marouane Chamakh could be on his way back to France with Marseilles claiming to be interested in the former Bordeaux striker.

During his time in England he has failed to ever land regular playing time, and continues to languish on the Arsenal bench with little prospect of a future in the starting XI.

Arsenal's real reason behind Marouane Chamakh's possible move to Marseilles could be as a bargaining chip to attempt another effort at the signing of Lucho Gonzalez.

The Gunners failed in a bid for Gonzalez in the summer, but with the need of a defensive minded midfielder, the French manager might renew his interest in January.

No, I wasn't impressed by Lucho last match against Marseille, he was invisible most of the match.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:01 am

Yeah and he's 30. We don't need anymore grandpas stinkin' up the Emirates.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:39 pm

ernie_schwarz wrote:The Daily Mail has reported that Real Madrid are set to make a major bid for Arsenal's main offensive weapon in Robin Van Persie in January.

However, the Daily Mirror has conflicting reports, stating that Van Persie is going nowhere and is fully committed to the Gunners.

I believe if we are in a good position to finish in the top 4 RVP will stay.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:05 pm

ernie_schwarz wrote:Arsenal looked to have hopes of signing FC Basel and Switzerland star Xherdan Shaqiri in previous weeks.

However, according to Metro, it now looks like he could be most likely to join Hamburg SV despite their bottom of the table position in Germany.
yeah Arsenal could sign him Very Happy ....He won't move to Bundesliga..( sayed his brother-according to local news)!

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 41  Next