Barzagli faces brief injury lay-off

+2
Cotes
DeviAngel
6 posters

Go down

Barzagli faces brief injury lay-off Empty Barzagli faces brief injury lay-off

Post by DeviAngel Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:09 am

The centre-back picked up a knock in his side's draw against Catania at the weekend and will be sidelined for a few days

Juventus defender Andrea Barzagli faces a brief injury lay-off after picking up an ankle problem in his side's 1-1 Serie A draw away against Catania on Sunday.

The centre-back sustained the injury in the second half of the encounter, and, although he was able to stay on the pitch for the full 90 minutes, he complained about pain in his ankle after the final whistle.

Barzagli visited a hospital after the game to undergo further examination, and a scan showed that he had bruised his ankle, Juventus have revealed on their official website.

His condition will be closely monitored over the next few days, but it appears increasingly likely that he will be required to sit out several training sessions.

It is not yet known if Barzagli will be match fit in time for next weekend's league match at home against AC Milan on October 2.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Barzagli faces brief injury lay-off Empty Re: Barzagli faces brief injury lay-off

Post by Cotes Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:17 pm

crap!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Barzagli faces brief injury lay-off Empty Re: Barzagli faces brief injury lay-off

Post by Scanline Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:26 pm

Looks like Bonucci might get his first start of the season. He better bring his A game!
Scanline
Scanline
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:12 pm

It could be worse. I will take an ankle bruise over a twisted or sprained ankle any day. Judging by his reaction, he appeared to be seriously injured. So, this is good news in my opinion.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:04 am

Day 1: Sent to Catania Hospital
Day 2: He's fully fit, playing against Milan
Day 3: He's laid off

:coffee:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:28 am

Juventude wrote:It could be worse. I will take an ankle bruise over a twisted or sprained ankle any day. Judging by his reaction, he appeared to be seriously injured. So, this is good news in my opinion.

The worst is when bruising accompanies the sprain, from experience
Ankle gets so swollen the bottom of my foot had bruising, no good

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:28 am

Scanline wrote:Looks like Bonucci might get his first start of the season. He better bring his A game!

If we use Bonucci...Cassano is gonna abuse him like he did in the Tim Trophy...
Bonucci getting pwned by Cassano @ 1:20
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Scanline Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:17 pm

Cotes wrote:
Scanline wrote:Looks like Bonucci might get his first start of the season. He better bring his A game!

If we use Bonucci...Cassano is gonna abuse him like he did in the Tim Trophy...

You're right, I had completely forgotten about that. Mad
Scanline
Scanline
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum