Manchester City Prepared to bid 30 m for ROBIN VAN PERSIE Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Manchester City Prepared to bid 30 m for ROBIN VAN PERSIE

+19
Fenris
Wilson37
Magricos
Twoism
beatrixasdfghjk.
Jamin
Sri
Jay29
Raptorgunner
RealGunner
Le Samourai
dmize
Sushi Master
lenear1030
Sina
KMD
Iceman
djoe26
MJ
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Manchester City Prepared to bid 30 m for ROBIN VAN PERSIE Empty Manchester City Prepared to bid 30 m for ROBIN VAN PERSIE

Post by MJ Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:50 pm

This could all be rumors about Man City but what about his contract? It was so hard to get him to sign the last one for 3 years, now that he's 28 could he be ready to part ways with the Gunners?

Arsenal FC captain Robin van Persie a £30m target for Man City - report

Robin van Persie(credit: Ryu Voelkel)
Crunch Sports Staff - 25 Sep 2011
Manchester City are reportedly preparing to make a £30million bid for Arsenal captain Robin van Persie if contract talks go nowhere before January.

Van Persie is one of several Arsenal stars who will have one year left on their contracts at the end of the season and the north London club could be forced to sell if a new deal is not agreed.

Reports over the summer had suggested the Netherlands international was upset at seeing the likes of Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri leave the club, and it had been rumoured that he was ready to quit the Emirates unless manager Arsene Wenger brought in replacements.

Van Persie had been linked with the likes of Inter Milan, Juventus and Real Madrid towards the end of last season.

But according to the Mail on Sunday, City - who snapped up contract rebel Nasri last month in a £24m deal - are ready to swoop for the Dutchman if he fails to agree a new contract before the transfer window opens in the New Year.

Speaking on Saturday after the Premier League win at home to Bolton, Wenger said of the striker: "He has grown well into the captain's role.

"He is a man who speaks his mind and is doing the job well."

Theo Walcott, Thomas Vermaelen and Andrei Arshavin are in similar contract situations to Van Persie, and the Gunners are thought to be preparing to open talks with both Walcott and Vermaelen very soon.

But before the Bolton game, Wenger had admitted that there was a chance that he could lose some of his top players next summer.

"Our desire is there to convince them to stay," said the Frenchman.

"We tried before and the financial gap on that front has become bigger for us.

"I cannot say that if we go to our maximum wage that we are sure to sign a player."
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Manchester City Prepared to bid 30 m for ROBIN VAN PERSIE Empty Re: Manchester City Prepared to bid 30 m for ROBIN VAN PERSIE

Post by djoe26 Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:55 pm

Not going to happen. If he ever leaves arsenal then its not going to be PL team but a team outside PL like Bayern or so. But i am pretty sure he is going to stay.

But on the other hand i have doubts over Walcott and Song. Walcott wants to play as a striker and Wenger plays him as a winger so that and no trophies could be the reasons for Walcott to leave.

Song loves Arsenal but he may also want to win trophies and that might not be able with arsenal.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Manchester City Prepared to bid 30 m for ROBIN VAN PERSIE Empty Re: Manchester City Prepared to bid 30 m for ROBIN VAN PERSIE

Post by Iceman Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:11 pm

Song? As long as AW is here Song is definitely not leaving. AW has done way too much for him
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:20 pm

get ready for the reports, and drop of form for RVP
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:28 pm

KMD wrote:get ready for the reports, and drop of form for RVP

Drop of form?

I just hope they lock him up long term and put these rumors to bed.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:32 pm

nope this one just reminds me of that 40m bid for jack wilshere by city they can dream.hopefully he will RETIRE here
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:46 pm

City's main reason of existence has become the trolling of Arsenal.

I'd feel threatened if they said they were going to splash on Song or something, but RVP? All they have are strikers what would be the point of getting him?
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:19 pm

Meh, this is why he needs to sign a contract ASAP. A big, juicy one that he deserves.

I feel he's far too loyal to head off to City.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:22 pm

lenear1030 wrote:City's main reason of existence has become the trolling of Arsenal.

I'd feel threatened if they said they were going to splash on Song or something, but RVP? All they have are strikers what would be the point of getting him?

You forget that we're talking about Manchester City here. They won't be content until they own every striker in the EPL
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:42 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
I feel he's far too loyal to head off to City.

Agreed. Not happening.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:26 pm

Could be a good move for Arsenal. Could give afobe experience , could start seeing results in about 3 years.Van Persie might be retired by that time.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:31 pm

lol ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:41 pm

On a serious note tho, Yes Keeping Van persie should be a priority for you guys but you shouldn't get ransomed into a huge contract for a 28 year old wh's had an unbelievable number of injuries.

So although I was kidding , I think that if he's unreasonable cashing in will be the way to go.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:06 am

lol, RVP will never leave us for Man city.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:41 am

I'm pretty certain this is just bullshit speculation made because van Persie just happens to be in the spotlight right now.

In saying that, van Persie not agreeing a new deal could force us to sell him to anyone willing to bid a decent amount for him. I see zero logic in selling him in January, however. Even if he decides to not to extend, there's still 18 months left to run after January.

If he does decide to re-sign, then I'm quite happy for him to stay until he retires. A lack of pace or ability to finsih 90 minutes isn't really going to hinder him, and I doubt his technical ability and intelligence will decline much, if at all, as he gets older.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:43 am

i can see him move to a CAM role later on in his career
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:48 am

coz he's better than fab Smile
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:15 am

Guys I have been thinking, if we dont finish in top 4 we could lose some players. :facepalm:

January we must sign players that shows the guys we want to be a top team. We have the money and should spend it, we need at least 2 quality players.

I still cant see RVP leaving us, no way, *bleep* man city.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:51 am

Why would anyone be worried if they went for Song? Is everyone here unaware of how much Song owes us and AW for who he is now?
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:59 am

@Thread - :yawn:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:41 am

he's 28 so tbh he's not got much left probably 3-4 years, he MIGHT want to leave. Winning trophies is important as well. I'm just being fair.
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:43 am

Iceman wrote:Why would anyone be worried if they went for Song? Is everyone here unaware of how much Song owes us and AW for who he is now?
*cough* fabregas *cough*
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:52 am

But Song has no connection to Barca :L

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:55 am

no, cause he's saying that Song owes us.

its as if Fabregas didnt owe us.
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:05 am

He's not going, especially to MC atm. But of course, these news only remind us fans how some of the guys need to pen their deal quick. Song, Sagna, RVP all need to extend their contract sooner than later. Loyalty only gets you that far in this money driven business.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next