SamuelJayC
Jay29
REWB
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Djourou - Page 2 Empty Re: Djourou

Post by Emaharg Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:18 pm

He is a good back up CB, not his fault at all Wenger told him to play RB vs Hoilett. I just can't understand wtf was going through Wengers head when he made this substitution..... Djourou a CB who barely has ever played RB in his career, is known to be slow vs Hoilett, Blackburns only real threat in open play or Coquelin who has been playing RB on loan vs Lorient for a season played well vs Man United is younger and much faster. He blew my mind with this one.

Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:21 pm

Emaharg wrote:He is a good back up CB, not his fault at all Wenger told him to play RB vs Hoilett. I just can't understand wtf was going through Wengers head when he made this substitution..... Djourou a CB who barely has ever played RB in his career, is known to be slow vs Hoilett, Blackburns only real threat in open play or Coquelin who has been playing RB on loan vs Lorient for a season played well vs Man United is younger and much faster. He blew my mind with this one.

LOl we had a striker playing on the wings, and he could not take and left us for Sunderland lol, :facepalm:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:36 pm

What I've seen of Djorou this season he's been "walking in the night" (do you say that in English or is it just a Finnish expression?). Meaning he's been ba ba ba baaaad.

Anyway, he's only your 4th choice CB so I don't think it's a big issue.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:01 pm

Jay, i remember you telling me when I asked why are we keeping on buying youth players on the brink of making the first team when we can just turn our head to the side and see the youth players at Arsenal.

You told me because we should only allow the cream of the crop, the players who are willing to push past all and make it into the team, no matter what happens to them (not in those exact words, but you get the point)

The very same should apply to Djourou and just about every first team player. If he is mentally weak, cant get his confidence up because of the injury, cut out the silly individual mistakes, then he should move on, he is just filling a spot that could be put to better use by another player.

I mean, JUST because of the injury (which was a while back, IF im correct) , his confidence shot and blah blah blah

Then Wojo wouldnt be Arsenal's No.1 right now.

Before anyone comes up with a rebuttal, understand why I said that
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:07 pm

OH

I TOTALLLYY blame Wenger for putting Djourou at RB. No one should take the blame more than him. If he wasnt fit, if he was slow, then WHY OH WHY was he put at rb?

I knew it was going to go horribly wrong when he i saw him comin on for Sagna, I actually thought that Kos was going to be moved to rightback, which kinda~ confused me, but made more sense that putting Djourou
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:14 pm

AnJl wrote:OH

I TOTALLLYY blame Wenger for putting Djourou at RB. No one should take the blame more than him. If he wasnt fit, if he was slow, then WHY OH WHY was he put at rb?

I knew it was going to go horribly wrong when he i saw him comin on for Sagna, I actually thought that Kos was going to be moved to rightback, which kinda~ confused me, but made more sense that putting Djourou
That what I thought also, and then I saw the cross he made :facepalm:.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:24 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:

But it would still beat the hell out of putting Djourou there huh?

I remember feeling exactly like this :

1. scratch

2. affraid

3. pale

4. Mad

5. Sad

6. :facepalm: (after the second own goal)

7. :coffee: (put tv off and literally sat down to have a cup of hot tea and read the newspaper)
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:03 pm

AnJl wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

1. scratch

2. affraid

3. pale

4. Mad

5. Sad

7. :coffee: (put tv off and literally sat down to have a cup of hot tea and read the newspaper)

You forgot Shocked . Twisted Evil

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:11 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
gunnerlistick wrote:another player who is getting worse under wenger...eboue,Dean-nilson,arshavin heck even chamack showed promise.

I am beginning to question wenger's ability to get the best out of the players.

I dont think it is Wengers fault, Wenger has high hopes for players who are really not good enough for Arsenal, other then Arshavin the rest of the guys would not get much play time in other teams. Have you notice all the players we sign have high numbers cus they all bench players imo.

If it was one or two players then I wouldn't blame him but there are too many of them...the likes of clichy and song showed promise then turned to shit.

Wenger is just not getting the best out of the lads.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:31 pm

srigooner wrote:
AnJl wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

1. scratch

2. affraid

3. pale

4. Mad

5. Sad

You forgot Shocked . Twisted Evil

nu.. was exactly like that...

and why i would be evily happy ? :S
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rohanarsn Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:42 pm

I remember halfway thru last season he was this shining beacon of hope amidst Squillaci and a leaky defence. But after coming back from his shoulder surgery the guy has not looked liked a defender forget footballer. He has struggled against winning headers against people more than half a foot shorter than him. And he is extremely weak at reading the game and his blocks and interceptions are half hearted.

But if he can reproduce his form from last year January-April then he could be a good 3rd choice to the current Kos- Mert partnership. And Wenger really should not play him out of position like he did against BlackBurn cuz he obviously struggled Offensively and Arsenal lost an outlet from the right. And he isnt a very quick player so he will struggle as a LB/RB. So in essence the guy has potential but he is also prone to errors Razz

rohanarsn
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:57 pm

whilst I dont agree with the extremity of the op I dont agree with calls to give Djourou time, we expect Arsenal to improve defensively quite quickly so why should we be giving more time

JD has been in poor form for coming onto if not already half a year, that is too long for any professional training day in day out.... how much time does he really need.... are we willing to accept horrible defensive performances for another 3-4 months to give someone time NOPE

and this goes for the rest of them, they need to man up and perform

IT IS as simple as that, do whats necessary if that means staying longer at training to work on something, improving fitness, concentration, talking to the physio or psychiatrist whatever but they need to man up now cos this poor run of form (the whole team) has been on going since the CC loss

which was half a year ago
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:40 pm

AnJl wrote:

nu.. was exactly like that...

and why i would be evily happy ? :S

That was me at pointing your mistake. Very Happy

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:30 am

Does someone have a video of the Djourou cross?
I think I stopped streaming before then :3

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:22 pm

julias wrote:whilst I dont agree with the extremity of the op I dont agree with calls to give Djourou time, we expect Arsenal to improve defensively quite quickly so why should we be giving more time

JD has been in poor form for coming onto if not already half a year, that is too long for any professional training day in day out.... how much time does he really need.... are we willing to accept horrible defensive performances for another 3-4 months to give someone time NOPE

and this goes for the rest of them, they need to man up and perform

IT IS as simple as that, do whats necessary if that means staying longer at training to work on something, improving fitness, concentration, talking to the physio or psychiatrist whatever but they need to man up now cos this poor run of form (the whole team) has been on going since the CC loss

which was half a year ago

this is what im SAYING, basically you said it in a lighter way, our players need to man up but the thing is i dont think djour/diaby etc can man up because they still haven't done it for all this time!!, thats why i wont them gone. djour needs to try HARDER and he is not doing it, im sure he is not. he might be trying hard but not hard enough. simpauls. we CANT KEEP giving people time. this is why im FED UP!!.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:14 am

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:dont like him, i really dont like players who have ONE DECENT season and play shit for the next, it mean he doesnt really care, the reason why he is playing shit this season is because he didnt put the effort in at pre season to be ready for the start of the season, just like diaby they dont give a shit. it really pisses me off, that game against blackburn was a joke, he is a joke. i hate players like him, we needed him just to be solid in an unfamiliar position just for 1 fcking game and he plays like that? look at smalling he is a cb, but when fergi plays him at rb look how he took responsibility and played...look at mash, he is a dm look how he played at cb...good players are versatile, thats what i want from my players.

god WHAT IS WRONG with arsenal? why have we got soo many useless players? WHAT THE FCK HAPPEN TO US? man i get sooooooo angry when i watch man utd and see their players FIGHT for the team, and have soo much passion to do well. soo much clinical players, why are all our players (bar rvp) unclinical?? im frustrated at what arsenal has become its a joke Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Mad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Whats the excuse for ramsey not to return to form after his injury, maybe the blame is on song/frimpong for not playing their positions good enough.
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:11 pm

I've said it before, Koscielny and Djourou need to play with more confidence and arguably more intelligence

Against Borussia Dortmund, Kos was playing stupid passes to the midfield instead of clearing dangerous balls.

Against Blackburn, Djourou was anonymous and played the worst slide tackle in EPL history right before Rovers scored their second goal by opening the path for them, he could have slowed the play down to wait for reinforcements but he made a terrible play on the ball.

At their best, we have a good defense, good nothing more, when they're at their worst it kills this team.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2