Would you like to see the La Liga TV rights split up the same way as the EPL TV rights?

+10
Mr Nick09
EarlyPrototype
rwo power
RealGunner
ImAbackBone
teamanarchy
Art Morte
BarrileteCosmico
Adit
Noonan22
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Yes or No?

Would you like to see the La Liga TV rights split up the same way as the EPL TV rights? Vote_lcap89%Would you like to see the La Liga TV rights split up the same way as the EPL TV rights? Vote_rcap 89% 
[ 24 ]
Would you like to see the La Liga TV rights split up the same way as the EPL TV rights? Vote_lcap11%Would you like to see the La Liga TV rights split up the same way as the EPL TV rights? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 27

Would you like to see the La Liga TV rights split up the same way as the EPL TV rights? Empty Would you like to see the La Liga TV rights split up the same way as the EPL TV rights?

Post by Noonan22 Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:32 am

Answer the question.......(not a league vs league thread,but of course it's gonna turn into one)
Noonan22
Noonan22
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Would you like to see the La Liga TV rights split up the same way as the EPL TV rights? Empty Re: Would you like to see the La Liga TV rights split up the same way as the EPL TV rights?

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:38 am

Only if we get the same money (which won't happen because LFP is run by a moron and majority of clubs in Spain are run by bigger morons)

Back to top Go down

Would you like to see the La Liga TV rights split up the same way as the EPL TV rights? Empty Re: Would you like to see the La Liga TV rights split up the same way as the EPL TV rights?

Post by Adit Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:49 am

I wouldnt , La liga is winning CL ,they are also performing much better in Europa league than any league as well,so quality of teams is no different from other league's.Only thing we need is more title contenders and that is only possible if a city/chelsea like take over happen.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:56 am

No, the bundesliga is a far better model than the EPL. Best run league in the world.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:07 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:No, the bundesliga is a far better model than the EPL. Best run league in the world.

BPL's TV revenue is distributed quite evenly.
100% of overseas rights and 50% of domestic rights are shared equally, only 25% of domestic rights are distributed according to facility fees (number of home matches broadcast) and another 25% based on merit (final league position). To me that's as good as Bundesliga's "everything evenly" model as I don't mind clubs getting a small reward for having a better season than those who finish below them.

La Liga should definately negotiate their TV deals collectively and move towards a more even system. The gap between BarcaMadrid and the rest is just way too big.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:19 am

I want to see like a 60:40 split... 40 to madrid and Barca... 60 to the rest... or something like that....
Because let's get real... it's madrid and Baarca who bring the most viewers in... The 60 can be split depending on where each team finishes...
Something like that...
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAbackBone Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:50 am

teamanarchy wrote:I want to see like a 60:40 split... 40 to madrid and Barca... 60 to the rest... or something like that....
Because let's get real... it's madrid and Baarca who bring the most viewers in... The 60 can be split depending on where each team finishes...
Something like that...

So Real and Barca get each a quarter of the cake the rest are in for the crums... yeah thats fair. ^^ hmm

Isn't this the deal right now? (well approximately anyway)

ImAbackBone
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:53 am

Adit wrote:I wouldnt , La liga is winning CL ,they are also performing much better in Europa league than any league as well,so quality of teams is no different from other league's.Only thing we need is more title contenders and that is only possible if a city/chelsea like take over happen.

Since when did "Leagues" started winning Champions league ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:29 am

ImAbackBone wrote:
teamanarchy wrote:I want to see like a 60:40 split... 40 to madrid and Barca... 60 to the rest... or something like that....
Something like that...

So Real and Barca get each a quarter of the cake the rest are in for the crums... yeah thats fair. ^^ hmm

Isn't this the deal right now? (well approximately anyway)
Let's think about this realistically...
Without Real and Barca, how many of us would be watching the Spanish league week in, week out.
I mean, I wouldn't be that interested without them to be completely honest.
I take interest in Valencia, Atletico, Athletic, Villareal etc. only because of my loyalties to Spain and madrid in particular. Otherwise, I'd pay as much attention to Spain as I do to, say, any big team in France. And I'm not your average supporter either... I try to watch as much football as possible... But most fans care solely about their own team and that's about it. Some care even less than that.
Fact is, Madrid and Barca's fanbases are what is keeping the league alive.
If both clubs left, Spain would be rather weak, and it's Real and Barca who pull their weight in the league. The LFP is in shambles... It's Perez's idea for early kick offs that will bring additional revenue. Without the big 2s involvement, the league is not considered in the same bracket as EPL, Serie a, Bundesliga, etc.
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:37 am

teamanarchy wrote:Let's think about this realistically...
Without Real and Barca, how many of us would be watching the Spanish league week in, week out.
Could this mayhap be because the other teams simply don't have the money to get good players and compete? Imagine the poorer teams being able to buy better players and then being able to be really competitive - then more people would watch more matches that don't only involve Barca and Real, there would be more advertising money and everything and the whole league would get strengthened.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:39 am

Yes I would, anything to make the league a little more competitive.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAbackBone Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:44 am

rwo power wrote:
Could this mayhap be because the other teams simply don't have the money to get good players and compete? Imagine the poorer teams being able to buy better players and then being able to be really competitive - then more people would watch more matches that don't only involve Barca and Real, there would be more advertising money and everything and the whole league would get strengthened.

Thx rwo I was about to point out exactly that. Thumbs up

ImAbackBone
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:05 pm

rwo power wrote:
That's because Real and Barca EARNED their way into positions that they could demand that kind of income.
Look, I'd like to see the league with more competitiveness etc. But Real were the first team not only in Spain, but in Europe to really start investing! In the 40s, they were the first team to build a mega stadium, to buy amazing players for large sums of money... And they started to get that money back. This put them 5 steps ahead of everyone else and they started to dominate. They should be rewarded for their innovation, and now 50 years on, they are being rewarded.
You can't hate the Rockefellers for taking a business opportunity in the 1800s. And now they're the richest family in the world, while there are millions starving... Should they be forced to share they're wealth, some of which they could actually do without?
NO. Charity is important, but it cannot be made law.

Or are you communist? Because then I can never agree with you. Poverty, and the fortune of others is just the way the world works and we must learn to accept this. That is my view
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:45 pm

teamanarchy wrote:
Let's think about this realistically...

Because Real and Barca are so much ahead of the rest, I don't watch La Liga week in, week out.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:03 pm

What's the German model again?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:34 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:What's the German model again?

Heidi Klum, I think..
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:27 pm

I think that LFP should throw out most of its incompetent people and start running it well, helping the clubs to invest, and market the league better. Like that, they can get more TV revenue. As for how to split it, a 50-50 split is good, with half of it being divided evenly with all 20 clubs, and the other 50 in prize money depending on where the clubs finish. Like that, Real, Barca, Valencia etc will still get more money than the others, but only a bit more. And they deserve it. Incentive also comes into it. That would be a good model.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:29 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:No, the bundesliga is a far better model than the EPL. Best run league in the world.
cheers

No major debt to be had here, guys. Málaga wouldn't fly under this model, though.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:35 pm

The way you do it is that you set milestones that the LFP needs to reach in terms of monies when it strikes a deal for the games... it creates a guaranteed minimum for Madrid and Barca basically and motivates the LFP to do a good job lol.

You also need to include a clause that forces all clubs to invest 50-60% of its revenue on players... or something like that. If they don't, the collective deal voids or they need to pay penalties.

It's honestly best for the league and both Madrid and Barca need to cope with making between 80-100 million a year until La Liga increases its commercial value to TV as a whole. Long term, Madrid and Barca will make a lot more money than now because they will have the strength of the La Liga brand to add to their own brands. Smaller piece, bigger pie thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:49 am

It's worth noticing that even if Barca and Madrid do negotiate a deal where they keep exactly the same amount of money they have right now, the other teams will still see their income go up huge amounts. Here's why: collective bargaining. Right now La Liga makes about 500M a year on total revenue from TV rights, through collective bargaining they could increase that to 700-800M (the EPL makes around 850, so this seems like a nice benchmark to aim for), which means that if Barca and Real's revenue of 140M per year doesn't change, just through that increase those teams would be making twice the amount of money they are now.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:30 am

teamanarchy wrote:
rwo power wrote:
That's because Real and Barca EARNED their way into positions that they could demand that kind of income.
Look, I'd like to see the league with more competitiveness etc. But Real were the first team not only in Spain, but in Europe to really start investing! In the 40s, they were the first team to build a mega stadium, to buy amazing players for large sums of money... And they started to get that money back. This put them 5 steps ahead of everyone else and they started to dominate. They should be rewarded for their innovation, and now 50 years on, they are being rewarded.
You can't hate the Rockefellers for taking a business opportunity in the 1800s. And now they're the richest family in the world, while there are millions starving... Should they be forced to share they're wealth, some of which they could actually do without?

Or are you communist? Because then I can never agree with you. Poverty, and the fortune of others is just the way the world works and we must learn to accept this. That is my view
Veil of ignorance.
If you didn't know which club you were going to be, wouldn't you prefer the finances to be split evenly?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:39 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
teamanarchy wrote:
rwo power wrote:

Veil of ignorance.
If you didn't know which club you were going to be, wouldn't you prefer the finances to be split evenly?
Real Madrid and Barca are responsible for La Liga's brand... nobody else is responsible for the somewhat decent reputation of the league. 10 years ago, with Depor, Valencia, Celta, Sociadad etc. making impacts I would've said differently, but the reality is that the big two are responsible for their own successes, and it's not like they're "leeching" off Malaga or Racing or whoever... In fact, it would be just the opposite if everyone was recieving like 35m in TV revenue each, with no "discrimination".

So, if I were Mallorca or something, I would look at my finances and think
"who is responsible for this?"
And, if I were honest with myself I wouldn't be pointing fingers at Madrid or Barca, I would point them at myself, or the LFP.
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:37 am

You know, it might be interesting to see the other La Liga teams going on a strike and refusing to play Barca and Real.

Barca and Real are nothing without the rest of the league if they want to stay in a competition and shine, so they would do good to strengthen the opponents, too. Otherwise they would only become something like fancy show troupes in the future that go on a tour to play other teams for money like the Harlem Globetrotters in basketball.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:41 am

rwo power wrote:You know, it might be interesting to see the other La Liga teams going on a strike and refusing to play Barca and Real.

That'd be awesome Cool

On a side note, yesterday's La Liga results included four 1 - 0's and one 8 - 0.
Real Madrid didn't play. Can you guess which one was Barcelona's game?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:46 am

Teams can strike.
I guarantee that Madrid would have no problems formulating a new league and Barcelona would join, and according to De Laurentiis, there are a few Italian teams who would have no problem migrating...

Madrid and Barca aren't dependant on anyone.
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next