VanDeezNuts
Doc
guest7
Mr Nick09
15 posters

Go down

I do not like... Empty I do not like...

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:45 pm

..when we divert the attention of a poor performance towards the refereeing.

There is not much to say about the referee, and it's ok to mention that the refereeing was lacking, but although we were playing some very tough opponents last night, our performance was more than lacking.

The defending again was poor, no pressing (benzema exhausted himself running all over the place, and was visibly upset at the end), the passing was very poor, no width eco smile, and there is something wrong with the way we attack sometimes.

No overlapping as it was discussed by some here. The basic, FB overlaps, cross low towards the entrance of the box, or make a cut back pass inside the pass isnt happening. Having a line of 4 players + Marcelo running "IN" in front of the opposition box is also very wasteful, because it doesnt necessarily make us more dangerous, and we have to run back many meters to recover from counters.

where am i going with this scratch i started to rant, my bad Very Happy

My point was about the media attention to the refereeing, when we actually sucked and won very painfully, for the second time in a row. Sounds as if the refs robbed us of a dominating victory... i think i saw a different game. I dont mind grinding results, but the performance wasnt up to par.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

I do not like... Empty Re: I do not like...

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:51 pm

ref was bad

But yes we played poorly at times we also played very well I can think of a few chances we should of put away.

22 shots and 11 on target we should be scoring more than 1 goal.

The problem that I see comes down to the fact Coentrao isn't a midfielder and Xabi can't take the midfield workload himself.

When we get Khedira/Sahin back we will be fine until then it's going to be sloppy.

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:53 pm

bad midfield tbh, özil wasnt himself, coentraos positioning is still not good, and marcelo getting burned out by speedy attackers etc

referee didnt help... mou is basicly stuck with coentrao til khedira comes back. tbh I dont think a Sahin - Xabi midfield will work either, it's gonna be 4-3-3 like the media speculated at the start of the season
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:09 pm

Did we (as fans in this forum) solely blame the ref or used it as an excuse?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:14 pm

i dont think anyone credits the poor performance to the referees decisions.

besides, we won- 3 points in the bag and we're top of the table.

so in all reality what it boils down to is that we had a poor performance- should have done much better in the midfield as well as putting away our chances. But all we can do now is move on since we did win.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:18 pm

Doc wrote:Did we (as fans in this forum) solely blame the ref or used it as an excuse?

The Madrid Media machine did...Sad
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:18 pm

Ref arent here to blame because of the bad game imo..They didint do anything wrong, apart from marcelos 2 harsh yellows and the tackle that CR7 got, that surely even the most common referees would have given a yellow for that.
Mostly we are to blame because of the bad game, lack of creativity, defence what cought being a bit shaky, midfield duo Xabi and Coentrao obv do not work, Di maria was poor, etc. We just didint have a killer mentality, and just wasnt our game. We can still trash them in Bernabeu tho.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:39 pm

Our performance will get better gradually as our midfielders recover from injuries. we really need Khedira, Conterao doesn't have a half footballing brain Khedira has. really unfortunate we are missing him for a long time.

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:48 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
Doc wrote:Did we (as fans in this forum) solely blame the ref or used it as an excuse?

The Madrid Media machine did...Sad

Wow just checked marca and as, wth is going on?!

Refereeing aside, we were plain bad. Our forwards didn't really have proper service. The right wing was dead, benzema had to go there to try and make chances since our attack was so predictable from the left. A lot of misplaced passes too from the back which disturbed the flow.
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:37 pm

I found a nice reaction to this issue:

How we played has about as much to do with the referees performance as Javier Arizmendi has with a player of the year award.

It's the typical case of "we didn't play as well as we could/should, so we should just ignore any refereeing mistakes because we could have done better despite them".

How we play is completely irrelevant to a case like this. We paid a fortune for Ronaldo and i am infuriated when somebody figures "life moves on" because of the football played after he's been butchered.

Obviously the UEFA will give the referee a fantastic report and suggest him for the Champions League final with a comment like "was not afraid to take control of the match, and didn't feel intimidated by big names".

I really can't understand some people. When Sergio Ramos gets a soft red, they come out with signs and torches claiming "Sergio did it again, he's not as good as we thought he would be", but when somebody kicks Ronaldo's ankle bloody, it's "up for interpretation" like an abstract painting at an art gallery.Studs up, foot way above anything that would not be considered dangerous play, got none of the ball. Red card. how is that a yellow?

He gave Marcelo a yellow for a dive, which was arguable, yet gave Zagreb a foul for Ibanez falling down like a sack of sh*t after Ramos probably breathed on him or something, right after.

Lass was fouled to stop a dangerous counter attack but no yellow card was shown. It doesn't get any more yellow that that. In a CL game where card accumulation matters, this plain sucks.

Ironically, right before that happened he waved 'play on' to a Dinamo player that blatantly dived. Does the "yellow card for diving" only apply to Real Madrid players or did i miss some recent developments with the UEFA?

We should have finished the game from the first half, and while the referee didn't tamper with the result, he was terrible Typical UEFA referee n00b trying to show that he is "not afraid of big names" , while ignoring something like the Ronaldo foul and throwing out a yellow card whenever a fly farts close to an opponent player.

We always get those typical idiots. Last year it was Stark, the year before it was that fool Martin Atkinson who butchered us twice in the tournament.

Talk about how we played all you want but that doesn't mean that it's acceptable for the ref to be bad if we don't play well.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:40 pm

yh i remember atkinson the fatso

ohh how much i hate him
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:52 pm

on a side note,Marcelo should banned from slide tackles imo ,His sliding tackles are always 50-50 and it is not tolerable in big games.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by estrella bernabeu Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:37 pm

We didn't get robbed as well but the referee was hardly bad when it comes to tackles decisions. We saw that the croatian players started the game with a solid engagement especially on CR who ended the match with a bleeding ankle. IMO it's fact that referees are not taking Madrid as serious (protection and advantages) as Barcelona.

Now we have to move on to Levante game and try to not line up the duo Alonso-Coentrao another time !! Khedira should take his place, he's underated in this squad.
estrella bernabeu
estrella bernabeu
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:06 am

i dont think we played badly
look u have to remember we went to Croatia...
an unknown place(for these footballers) with a passionate stadium
i know its "only" Dinamo but how many times have we seen this with Eastern European sides where they maybe easy to pick off at home but at their own stadium it extremely difficult
so lets not analyze this too much. It was away at a ground where Dinamo had only conceded 11 goals in 2 years and had never lost for a really long time
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:01 am

estrella bernabeu wrote:We didn't get robbed as well but the referee was hardly bad when it comes to tackles decisions. We saw that the croatian players started the game with a solid engagement especially on CR who ended the match with a bleeding ankle. IMO it's fact that referees are not taking Madrid as serious (protection and advantages) as Barcelona.

Now we have to move on to Levante game and try to not line up the duo Alonso-Coentrao another time !! Khedira should take his place, he's underated in this squad.

We may actually see Granero and Khedira play the pivots "if" mou intends to rotate [which I think he should]

We have a midweek game next week so the team needs to rest. I would like to see this line-up:

Casillas
Arbeloa - Pepe - Albiol/Varane - Marcelo
Khedira - Granero
Benzema - Kaka - Ronaldo
Higuain

I'm assuming of coarse kaka is back from his minor injury. This should allow the rest of the squad to rest, keep the subs sharp and if we face problems we could easily sub-in Ozil, Xabi and a 3rd player. If mou plays the same XI then hope for player rotation for the year will be slim pale
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:06 am

You know this is something that I said often in the old forums, but no one really listens. The great sides win against all odds, if you can't then maybe you don't deserve the title thebest... It's easy to win when things go your way...
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:17 am

dude you need to do something about your sig lol, too long
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:16 am

I just rewatched the match, we didn't play as badly as some are making it sound. Madrid created a lot of chances and had the Dinamo keeper not been in such great form it could easily have ended 6-1 for Madrid.

I thought the guys played quited well, Ozil was a bit disappointing, but it's not as bad as it was portrayed, he just didn't boss the match. Benzema clipped the bar and forced a couple of good saves from the keeper, Coentrao had some nice shots at goal and tested the keeper on a few occasions. Ronaldo was great as usual, by his standards if he doesn't score or assist a goal, many assume he's had a bad game, but I think he played well, he started the move that ended in the goal and had forced three or four world class saves from the Dinamo keeper.

Dinamo were not bad themselves they looked motivated and the crowd was rooting behind them, sometimes the difference between thrashing sides like Dinamo and scraping a draw or narrow win, is the time the first goal is scored. The players become more relaxed on the ball and the goals tend to flow in succession.

The only negative aspect of the match was the passing, it could have been much better on the night, the shooting could also improve, but there is no cause to press the panic button yet.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by estrella bernabeu Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:59 pm

H.A. wrote:We may actually see Granero and Khedira play the pivots "if" mou intends to rotate [which I think he should]

We have a midweek game next week so the team needs to rest. I would like to see this line-up:

Casillas
Arbeloa - Pepe - Albiol/Varane - Marcelo
Khedira - Granero
Benzema - Kaka - Ronaldo
Higuain

I'm assuming of coarse kaka is back from his minor injury. This should allow the rest of the squad to rest, keep the subs sharp and if we face problems we could easily sub-in Ozil, Xabi and a 3rd player. If mou plays the same XI then hope for player rotation for the year will be slim pale

We have not to make Pep mistake with Sociedad game. we have to take them seriously when you know that they pinched 2 pts from us last year.
With Di Maria' slowdown, i guess that maybe Mou will put Coentrao at his place and play with 3 midfielders (Khedira) in defensive duty and use the portuguese as right wing in the offensive actions.
As Mou said, we have to make it 35 out of 35 pts before playing Barcelona.
estrella bernabeu
estrella bernabeu
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:44 pm

we werent so bad.. we had some really good scoring chances a lot of them in fact... the goalie was good.. plus it was a gritty performance not an outstanding one.. what is it about champions winning ugly
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum