Batigoal
izzy
Grande_Milano
46 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Alessandro Nesta - Page 4 Empty Re: Alessandro Nesta

Post by Doc Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:06 pm

I enjoyed the foul he did on Messi and the look of "yeah, I know, I know. High tackle, yellow card, let's get on with it." And Messi himself looked like he understood why he got fouled...after the initial reaction of getting a hip height tackle of course.

A legendary defender who I always loved and thought he would have been retired by now but it seems I'm totally wrong. To think he is a Lazio product...sigh

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:09 pm

The Franchise wrote:I love Nesta, I consider him one, if not the best defender of my lifetime.

However, I wouldnt exactly praise his performance. He really didnt do anything.

Messi got by him easily and constantly and all he could do was foul.

Lol one tactical four yet numerous stops on Messi and co. and he didn't do much? Man we need a new plague to wipe out some of the stupid of this world.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:09 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I love Nesta, I consider him one, if not the best defender of my lifetime.

Lol one tactical four yet numerous stops on Messi and co. and he didn't do much? Man we need a new plague to wipe out some of the stupid of this world.

I wouldn't necessarily call him stupid... he is a Barca fan. I am a huge Nesta fan, in fact, he is my favourite defender ever, so when I am watching Milan I tend to notice every little thing he does: good and bad. In this game, he didn't have too many extremely obvious, constantly replayed moments where he put in an amazing tackle, but the positioning, awareness, tackles, consistency, etc. were all still there! From his perspective he might see Messi dribbling passed a tonne of people, and then get stopped at the last: he wouldn't necessarily notice that it was Nesta who stopped him, but your perspective would be different. I know for a fact, I didn't even notice someone like Mascherano, but from what I hear he was amazing in the back for Barca... I guess I was too busy paying attention to Milan's players.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:22 pm

zarola wrote:
Cookie Monster wrote:

I wouldn't necessarily call him stupid... he is a Barca fan. I am a huge Nesta fan, in fact, he is my favourite defender ever, so when I am watching Milan I tend to notice every little thing he does: good and bad. In this game, he didn't have too many extremely obvious, constantly replayed moments where he put in an amazing tackle, but the positioning, awareness, tackles, consistency, etc. were all still there! From his perspective he might see Messi dribbling passed a tonne of people, and then get stopped at the last: he wouldn't necessarily notice that it was Nesta who stopped him, but your perspective would be different. I know for a fact, I didn't even notice someone like Mascherano, but from what I hear he was amazing in the back for Barca... I guess I was too busy paying attention to Milan's players.

I suppose you make a good point. Unfortunately, the extreme bias and stupidity shown by many Barca posters today has made me a little impatient with them. Hence, the comment about him being stupid. To be honest, I'll still stand by it. Anyone with football knowledge would acknowledge Nesta's effectiveness yesterday.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:45 am

Alessandro Nesta was always class I always respected him
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:37 am

Cookie Monster wrote:

First of all, watch your mouth.

2nd, stop hyping for no reason. Barely got the ball, got beat many times.

When someone puts up the video on youtube, I will put it here and open your clearly biased eyes.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:42 am

And just a preview, stats say he made 2 tackles, 2 fouls, 1 Interception, 1 block and 3 clearances...hardly impressive.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:43 am

The grandpa should have been sent off. Comitted a blatant waist-level tackle that could have been a red perfectly (professional foul, from behind, no intent to play the ball) and at the begining of the match he made another yellow tackle that the ref didn't show because he is Nesta.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:50 am

free_cat wrote:The grandpa should have been sent off. Comitted a blatant waist-level tackle that could have been a red perfectly (professional foul, from behind, no intent to play the ball) and at the begining of the match he made another yellow tackle that the ref didn't show because he is Nesta.

If that retarded scum Mascherano didnt get a yellow for jumping on Ibra like a monkey , then I dont see why Nesta should receive the first yellow .
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:53 am

Grandpa lol. So much for respect around here Laughing

He received a yellow which was deserved but its by no means a red in any aspect as I think some are getting too carried away. Didn't give the card because he is Nesta? Ok....I'll just stop here.

And he did in fact have a superb performance considering he held our back line together with his command and reading so I refuse to believe Messi got past him even once as otherwise so many wouldn't be praising his performance.

I'm so confident no one past him that I would ask for a GIF/video of him being beaten even once. If shown, I will admit I am wrong.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:01 am

Well, you don't have enough with being dribled before the waist-level tackle and the tackle that should have been a yellow in the first half (also on Messi)?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:06 am

im extremely surprised and disappointed by disrespect shown by some people on nesta.

nesta has already earnt his legendary status and has got nothing to prove, even against barca. 36 year old legend has lost lot of physical stature but none of his world class quality and defensing finesse and he used his brain his experience to defend 24 years old world class messi , and did what it takes to stop barca stop scoring and im proud nesta and his defensive mates stopped barca scoring after 2 years or something.

and yes he did commit foul and he himself was first to admit it was a foul and nodded respectfully when referee showed yellow. even messi showed respect on the pitch to nesta.

and im damn surprised baffled to see post saying nesta challenges was thug like.. or he did nothing ... kind of post.... absolute disrespect....

we milan fans wouldnt want any compliments from two faced people anymore that once they say he is one of the finest defender they have ever seen and at the same time say he did nothing spectacular.

for people who have seen it all from nesta what kind of legendary player he is they show respect and i and rest of milan posters here will always show respect to them.

and for record, nesta always shows his leadership his guidance and always supports his fellow defenders so to even hint that nesta didnt do anything credible against barca few days ago... well, that means they have no respect and surely are either jealous showing hatred or they havent seen enough of nesta, how he every game nesta always shouts guides players when it comes to defending.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:13 am

How is it disrespectful?

People are making out like Nesta put in a world class performance and shut down people left right and center.

He had a normal game at best, thats it.

If anyone else played a game like that, nobody would of said anything. In fact, his partner, Mexes was just as good defensively and had to come out to chase players dropping off the front because Nesta at his age cant do that.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:15 am

free_cat wrote:Well, you don't have enough with being dribled before the waist-level tackle and the tackle that should have been a yellow in the first half (also on Messi)?

Nesta's first tackle wasn't a cynical foul as those are fouls you receive warnings for as when Nesta made his 2nd, he knew 100% would receive the card as hence, his pre-meditated apology.

Nesta had too commit it considering he wasn't marking Messi yet since the midfield and the rest of the backline failed to control Messi', Nesta had to lose his marker and commit the foul as otherwise Messi would have blazed pass confusion of the backline.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:21 am

The Franchise wrote:How is it disrespectful?

People are making out like Nesta put in a world class performance and shut down people left right and center.

If anyone else played a game like that, nobody would of said anything. In fact, his partner, Mexes was just as good defensively and had to come out to chase players dropping off the front because Nesta at his age cant do that.

Nesta's responsibility is essentially as the leader and cohesion of the backline which means he commands how high or deep the line is. Mexes has the different role in which he is more responsible for last ditch tackles and more tenacious challenges within the box as Nesta's role is far more subtle in as too screen the oncoming attack and assess the oppositions positions, read it and proceed to pre-meditate simple tackles or interceptions.

The reason we commend his performance is how he kept the backline composed during the circumstances as if you watch highlights and see his pre read interceptions and command of not only his positioning, but his fellow defenders and even when covering for their mistakes. Its subtle, but classic textbook defending of the game. Not even Silva can do what he does at the moment.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:22 am

Praised everywhere for his performance, except for some biased Barcists who label him as thug and Grandpa and says "he really did'nt do anything" How many times did the so called greatedt player in history get past him?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:23 am

everyone had great game defensively, and the entire backline is led by nesta&s leadership. he may not have had world class performance in your eyes maybe.

maybe u were way too focused on ur own players. nesta was defending and covering for mexes at times and for bonera as well, and 36 year old was good enough yesterday to defend well against messi xavi and iniesta. it was a collective performance from us to stop u guys.

to stop barca from scoring after 2 years isnt normal game at best, to stop world class messi who have scored record 50 plus goals a season isnt a normal performance at best, and to stop two midfield geniuses in iniesta and xavi isnt just normal game at best.

it was a collective performance and nesta had a big hand like everyone else in defense.

and to doubt that... well it says everything about how barca fans always always boast about how genius their players are and not the opponent.

it was incredibly difficult game for our defense to hold barca, and we didnt even have two regular and classy players like silva and abate....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:26 am

M99 wrote:Praised everywhere for his performance, except for some biased Barcists who label him as thug and Grandpa and says "he really did'nt do anything" How many times did the so called greatedt player in history get past him?

yes it disappoints me. i always have respect for messi xavi iniesta puyol, but its unfortunate that barca fans doesnt have same respect for our legend.

i dont like real madrid much but their fans have shown more respect towards us in this forum lol... to be honest. and arsenal fans.

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:27 am

Arq I absolutely agree. I think if Silva was fit instead of Nesta, we would not have defended as well as we did.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:29 am

Arquitecto wrote:

Nesta's responsibility is essentially as the leader and cohesion of the backline which means he commands how high or deep the line is. Mexes has the different role in which he is more responsible for last ditch tackles and more tenacious challenges within the box as Nesta's role is far more subtle in as too screen the oncoming attack and assess the oppositions positions, read it and proceed to pre-meditate simple tackles or interceptions.

The reason we commend his performance is how he kept the backline composed during the circumstances as if you watch highlights and see his pre read interceptions and command of not only his positioning, but his fellow defenders and even when covering for their mistakes. Its subtle, but classic textbook defending of the game. Not even Silva can do what he does at the moment.

thanks arq and fellow milan posters for always good explanation better than myself.

i couldnt say any better than this.

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:32 am

Jeps yeah but there are many Barca fans who are giving us credit and not bitching about the pitch which was slippery due to it not beong watered (lol) Unfair to generalise (which I myself am guilty of)
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:33 am

To be fair no one else except Free cat has really disrespected Nesta, it shouldn't matter though. Dani and the rest have already given him their fair share of praise numerous times along for our team. We cannot generalize at the moment.

The debate should stay at hand.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:35 am

... and granted ... that i wouldnt take anything away from barca performance, we know how amazing and dangerous alexis sanchez is ... we have seen it all regularly in serie a, and he has done pretty much what was anticipated of him in barca. even in yesterday game. maybe he should have had penalty.

messi xavi puyol had magnificient game as usual and only a fool would doubt their performance it was maybe unfortunate for them not to score, but as how amazing barca is always good in scoring and possession we were amazing in what we do best at, and that was defending.. and it feels biased and deprived lol when pitch is the cause of everything that went against barca or not penalty given or nesta was a thug or grandpa or just had ordinary game...

ha...

Last edited by JespSwe on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:37 am

M99 wrote:Jeps yeah but there are many Barca fans who are giving us credit and not bitching about the pitch which was slippery due to it not beong watered (lol) Unfair to generalise (which I myself am guilty of)

yep i know who they are. my argument are not with those classy barca posters. billy..gr being one of them... respect.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:39 am

Just Messi.

:47, gets beat and fouls.

3:18, Xavi and Messi get by 4 defenders by themselves as Nesta stands back, not getting involved as the ball goes straight down the middle.

3:32 , Leaves the safety of the ball to come and chase Messi, Messi easily gets the step on him.

5:39, Messi doesnt even do anything special, just a dash and Nesta can only foul without a hope of playing the ball.

In the whole vid, he intercept 1 Messi pass and made no tackles on him.

He wasnt bad, he wasnt great, it was just a normal game. There is no need to make a fuss because we arent prescribing the all the praise and credit he is getting.

"He didnt do anything" is not in the literal sense, everyone did something...however, he didnt do anything special that needs to be brought to our attention.

Its not disrespectful either.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:44 am

Arquitecto wrote:

Yes Arq, I dont disagree. However, clearly, he didnt make many tackles (2 vs 2 fouls) and only 1 interception. He command over the defence and organsation we all know about, he does that everytime he graces the pitch with his presence. However, why should we all praise him to high heaven when he didnt do anything out of the ordinary? And why would we be wrong?

This to me wasnt a game to jump up and down about, it was a normal performance.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next