izzy
Grande_Milano
46 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Alessandro Nesta - Page 5 Empty Re: Alessandro Nesta

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:44 am

Arquitecto wrote:
The Franchise wrote:How is it disrespectful?

People are making out like Nesta put in a world class performance and shut down people left right and center.

He had a normal game at best, thats it.

If anyone else played a game like that, nobody would of said anything. In fact, his partner, Mexes was just as good defensively and had to come out to chase players dropping off the front because Nesta at his age cant do that.

Nesta's responsibility is essentially as the leader and cohesion of the backline which means he commands how high or deep the line is. Mexes has the different role in which he is more responsible for last ditch tackles and more tenacious challenges within the box as Nesta's role is far more subtle in as too screen the oncoming attack and assess the oppositions positions, read it and proceed to pre-meditate simple tackles or interceptions.

The reason we commend his performance is how he kept the backline composed during the circumstances as if you watch highlights and see his pre read interceptions and command of not only his positioning, but his fellow defenders and even when covering for their mistakes. Its subtle, but classic textbook defending of the game. Not even Silva can do what he does at the moment.

Yes Arq, I dont disagree. However, clearly, he didnt make many tackles (2 vs 2 fouls) and only 1 interception. He command over the defence and organsation we all know about, he does that everytime he graces the pitch with his presence. However, why should we all praise him to high heaven when he didnt do anything out of the ordinary? And why would we be wrong?

This to me wasnt a game to jump up and down about, it was a normal performance.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:45 am

The Franchise wrote:Just Messi.

:47, gets beat and fouls.

3:18, Xavi and Messi get by 4 defenders by themselves as Nesta stands back, not getting involved as the ball goes straight down the middle.

3:32 , Leaves the safety of the ball to come and chase Messi, Messi easily gets the step on him.

5:39, Messi doesnt even do anything special, just a dash and Nesta can only foul without a hope of playing the ball.

In the whole vid, he intercept 1 Messi pass and made no tackles on him.

He wasnt bad, he wasnt great, it was just a normal game. There is no need to make a fuss because we arent prescribing the all the praise and credit he is getting.

"He didnt do anything" is not in the literal sense, everyone did something...however, he didnt do anything special that needs to be brought to our attention.

Its not disrespectful either.

so we are judging nesta based on a youtube clip. nice job... :bow:

if you feel nesta had just ordinary game. then well fine mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:45 am

Ambrosini impressed me more.

Antonini did pretty well too. They deserve some credit.

EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:47 am

If there was a defender that had a great performance from Milan that was antonini, who saved three given goals (2 Messi, 1 tello), not the grandpa, who deserved to be sent off and didn't do much.
Juas, it's hilarious to say that the foul on 0:47 didn't deserve a yellow card. Anyways, his second tackle on Messi was just bad enough to deserve a straight red. No intent to touch the ball, from behind and level waist, one of them is enough to show a red card.

Last edited by free_cat on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:50 am; edited 2 times in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:47 am

Im sorry, does youtube show a different game to the one which was on tv?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:48 am

free_cat wrote:If there was a defender that had a great performance from Milan that was antonini, who saved three given goals (2 Messi, 1 tello), not the grandpa, who deserved to be sent off and didn't do much.

Didnt he also block Sanchez in the 1 v 1?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:48 am

The Franchise wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
The Franchise wrote:How is it disrespectful?

People are making out like Nesta put in a world class performance and shut down people left right and center.

He had a normal game at best, thats it.

If anyone else played a game like that, nobody would of said anything. In fact, his partner, Mexes was just as good defensively and had to come out to chase players dropping off the front because Nesta at his age cant do that.

Nesta's responsibility is essentially as the leader and cohesion of the backline which means he commands how high or deep the line is. Mexes has the different role in which he is more responsible for last ditch tackles and more tenacious challenges within the box as Nesta's role is far more subtle in as too screen the oncoming attack and assess the oppositions positions, read it and proceed to pre-meditate simple tackles or interceptions.

The reason we commend his performance is how he kept the backline composed during the circumstances as if you watch highlights and see his pre read interceptions and command of not only his positioning, but his fellow defenders and even when covering for their mistakes. Its subtle, but classic textbook defending of the game. Not even Silva can do what he does at the moment.

Yes Arq, I dont disagree. However, clearly, he didnt make many tackles (2 vs 2 fouls) and only 1 interception. He command over the defence and organsation we all know about, he does that everytime he graces the pitch with his presence. However, why should we all praise him to high heaven when he didnt do anything out of the ordinary? And why would we be wrong?

This to me wasnt a game to jump up and down about, it was a normal performance.

i wonder how barca fans would feel if same thing is said by neutral posters in G.S. about messi peformance like the one nesta had... nothing special ...

hell would break loose...

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:49 am

Nobody said Messi has a special performance though...so no, nobody would care.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:51 am

The Franchise wrote:
free_cat wrote:If there was a defender that had a great performance from Milan that was antonini, who saved three given goals (2 Messi, 1 tello), not the grandpa, who deserved to be sent off and didn't do much.

Yeah, you are right, I thought that was Bonera, but it was Antonin. Basically, all praise should be to Antonin and is to Grandpa Nesta. Milan fans. :facepalm:
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:52 am

free_cat wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Yeah, you are right, I thought that was Bonera, but it was Antonin. Basically, all praise should be to Antonin and is to Grandpa Nesta. Milan fans. :facepalm:

nice... we wont forget this ....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:54 am

and apologies to barca fans if i said anything that darts u guys ... and thanks for everything u guys have said to us, we will very much keep this in mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:08 pm

47: Doesn't really get beaten, but this was a genuine foul and not even a tactical foul. Deserves the FK but not a yellow. I don't see how he is beaten though as this is a mistimed tackle.

3:18: Notice Mexes leaves his mark completely as since Milan formed an offside trap in the 1st half, Mexes made the mistake to traverse ahead of the position he needed to take thus leaving Nesta with a serious predicament whether to stand his ground for the sake of the line, or make a very risky tackle. He made the right decision he keep the line flat yet Mexes surely is at fault here as his move was undisciplined.

3:32 Dani, thats Ambrosini who was involved here, Nesta isn't involved here in any mean as he is in the backline. Ambrosini is N.23.

5:39: Nesta had to commit this tackle given the large gap that was left right in the middle which Messi would easily exploit. He could have done better, but it had to be done.

Some of his less finer moments in the game were understandable as he was pushed into his first game in 2 months as which is why he was subbed off due to the lack of 90 mins in his leg. This is no excuse though but just off the record.

I thank you for providing me the video but his moments of brilliance and what he did for Milan's backline throughout the whole game, easily eclipses his mistimed tackle and the tactical foul near the end of the game. Which is why he wasn't given man of the match. Yet, this doesn't mean he did not have a great performance. It wasn't superb or world class, but still a great performance given the rest of what he did for all the minutes.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:17 pm

Well I have to disagree, but lets leave it at that or we would probably go back and forth all day without much being accomplished lol

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:19 pm

The Franchise wrote:Well I have to disagree, but lets leave it at that or we would probably go back and forth all day without much being accomplished lol

As I mentioned, you may just be right, but my perception differs and I have to express that.

And I agree, debates on visual perspective usually never does.

Thanks for your patience and for keeping this civil. Smile
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:57 pm

In fact Nesta had a horrible game, really, the whole Milan defense just sucked; proof of that is the complete decimation of Milan.

Oh wait, that did not happen.

@Franchise, so a defender is judged by his number of clean tackles?

Grandpa Nesta had the thankless task of being the organizer of a back-line that played their first competitive match together in that formation. It was Mexes who was responsible for Messi; not that one player can be responsible for that force of nature.

Here is what is annoying, the evidence points to Milan's defense having a great game game against the best team in the planet. Yet, the man who marshaled the defense did "a Normal job at best". I remember you saying that a great player elevates the performance of all players around them. Messi does that in offense, and sure as the sky Nesta did that in the match as he does it in every match.

Antonini had a great game, and he is being praised elsewhere. This is a thread about Nesta. If you are annoyed that Grandpa is stopping your unstoppable offense then you should not post in the thread; imagining your own truth is fun but it is still a lie.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:49 pm

zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:45 pm

Retired. Such an honour to have watched him play.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:52 pm

Arquitescu wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
IzzyC08 wrote:The reason Barca didn't buy a CB is because they wanted ours, Thiago Silva.  Smile
Well, it was clear he wasnt coming a day into the transfer window lol, so thats not really an excuse to find someone else  Very Happy

Anyways i concur Nesta has sexy hair who maybe a boss also but thats debatable definitely sex hair tho  :bow:

Alessandro Nesta - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAb8wSm82IOiS4O7hGKAJWM1nD-uUbskAbu20EPL7JLB2V6h9p8oYTqoKKsA

His best look.

Sad day when he will retire.  Sad
Indeed Sad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:53 pm

Best CB to ever play the game. :bow: 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by inter1lachen Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:54 pm

Very elegant defender that was also effective. Difficult combination. Terry is effective, but a brute.

inter1lachen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:40 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Best CB to ever play the game. :bow: 
Errr no...

2nd best cb I have ever seen

Most well informed football fans know who number 1 is...

Alessandro Nesta - Page 5 BARESI_FRANCO_jpg1
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:49 pm

jibers wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:Best CB to ever play the game. :bow: 
Errr no...

2nd best cb I have ever seen

Most well informed football fans know who number 1 is...

Alessandro Nesta - Page 5 BARESI_FRANCO_jpg1
Proud
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by inter1lachen Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:11 am

Looked him up. I was truly impressed. Couldn't find any decent videos though to compare him with Nesta.

" He won the Champions League 3 times, as well as 6 Serie A titles, 4 Supercoppa Italiana, 3 European Super Cups, 2 Intercontinental Cups. With Italy, he won the 1982 World Cup. Baresi was nicknamed "Piscinin", Milanese for "Little one". In 1999, Baresi was voted AC Milan Player of the Century. In 2004, he was named in the FIFA 100 list of the "125 Greatest Living Footballers".

inter1lachen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:26 am

Nesta, the greatest CB of the last 15 years.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5