Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
ErPupone
Patrick Bateman
20 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Inter v AS Roma - Page 2 Empty Re: Inter v AS Roma

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:38 am

Guys it probably wont happen but how about this......

Stekelenburg
Rosi Juan Burdisso Heinze
Gago De Rossi Pjanic
Totti
Osvaldo Bojan

It fit's Totti, Bojan and Osvaldo instead of Osvaldo being played out of postion to fit Totti and Bojan into a front 3......

I see Osvaldo is'nt alot of your line ups though, if he isnt available for some reason then play Borriello or something....

I stand by it though i think in the long run 4-3-1-2 fits all your players the best and good luck ill be watching and hoping for a Roma victory banana

Inb4 Mole is a Inter Hater Very Happy

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:58 am

Fonz I agree.

I'm sorry Mike, I don't know if its you who wants that line up or if it's Enrique, then once again that would be a HUGE mistake. Borriello can't play there, and second you can't play with 2 Prima punte in a 4-3-3, it makes no sense. Where is Borini? Borini should play! When he got on, HE ALMOST SCORED! What a beast! Isn't Lamela fit?

However, if he does use Osvaldo in that position... then might as well try Borriello, but that is just completely foolish.

Mole, I agree, but Totti is just not fit enough to play as a Trequartista, why not Perotta? and have Totti - Bojan... that would be good...

Or even better...

Pizaro - Pjanic - De Rossi
Bojan - Borini
Totti

In a 4-3-2-1, that would be amazing !
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:08 am

Well when everybody is fit I wouldn't mind seeing this.

-----------------------Gago--------------------------DDR-------------------------

---------Pjanic-----------------------Lamela-----------------------------Bojan------

----------------------------------------Totti/Osvaldo/Bojan-------------------------

Or

------------------Pizarro---------------------DDR------------------Gago------------

-------------------------Lamela----------------------Pjanic-------------------------

-----------------------------------------Totti/Osvaldo/Bojan------------------------

But it's unlikely because we have way to many strikers.. :facepalm:

@ Mole yeah that looks good on paper but Totti doesn't have the legs to play as the AMF.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:12 am

The Fonz wrote:
checazzofai wrote:with the way both side are looking, my prediction, 8-8 :facepalm:

We'll probably lose 8-7 :facepalm:

:lol!: originally I had written we will lose 10-9 but then I thought I better appear to be somewhat confident so I changed to a 8-8 draw lol

I wouldnt mind seeing what Bo can do with Totti this year just because I like both players, but fonz is right that its proven to be shambolic at times. In my opinion the problem is both players are at their best when played in the middle close to the goal so there usually isnt room for both of them. Im afraid the same thing might be true with Osvaldo but we shall see.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:13 am

Fonz!

Borini - Bojan
Totti

!!!
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:16 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Fonz!

Borini - Bojan
Totti

!!!

Borini needs to play more forward for that to work imo.He's an out an out striker Crespo/Inzaghi type..
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:21 am

The Fonz wrote:

Borini - Bojan
Totti

!!!

Borini needs to play more forward for that to work imo.He's an out an out striker Crespo/Inzaghi type..

Inter v AS Roma - Page 2 AbBdOiIagF

I don't see why not, have them go with a 4-3-2-1 when, then shifting with a 3-4-3
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:23 am

checazzofai wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
checazzofai wrote:with the way both side are looking, my prediction, 8-8 :facepalm:

We'll probably lose 8-7 :facepalm:

:lol!: originally I had written we will lose 10-9 but then I thought I better appear to be somewhat confident so I changed to a 8-8 draw lol

I wouldnt mind seeing what Bo can do with Totti this year just because I like both players, but fonz is right that its proven to be shambolic at times. In my opinion the problem is both players are at their best when played in the middle close to the goal so there usually isnt room for both of them. Im afraid the same thing might be true with Osvaldo but we shall see.

Hehe all jokes aside I reckon we have a good chance at the San Siro if Gasperini sticks with that 3 man defence..Hopefully then win tomorrow with it so he plays it against us.I know we has a crap start but if you look at our overall defensive performance against Cagliari we didn't to bad.Only lost because of that blunder from Angel..Inter on the other hand we're exposed time and time again by Palermo's attack and if Palermo can do that to Inter I'm sure we can as well..
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:27 am

He won't, Moratti demanded for a 4-3-1-2 and Gasp is set to remove his 3-4-3 out of the way according to reports. Watch out for Inter, if they actually go for a 4-3-1-2.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:28 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
The Fonz wrote:

Borini - Bojan
Totti

!!!

I don't see why not, have them go with a 4-3-2-1 when, then shifting with a 3-4-3

Fair point I suppose sure all the forwards can switch positions...

Not sure about Pjanic in the center and Cassetti at the back though.. Razz

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:29 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:He won't, Moratti demanded for a 4-3-1-2 and Gasp is set to remove his 3-4-3 out of the way according to reports. Watch out for Inter, if they actually go for a 4-3-1-2.

It actually gives me more confidence. Gasperini changing his entire system after one bad game is good news for us.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:31 am

Bah, Burdisso... Has been poor... I don't know, I never liked Cassetti... Either or, I don't mind who starts.

The midfield, should rotate, like they do on the national team.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:31 am

checazzofai wrote:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:He won't, Moratti demanded for a 4-3-1-2 and Gasp is set to remove his 3-4-3 out of the way according to reports. Watch out for Inter, if they actually go for a 4-3-1-2.

It actually gives me more confidence. Gasperini changing his entire system after one bad game is good news for us.

Then again, you got

Sneijder
Pazzini - Forlan

Uff, good luck with that.

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:00 am

----------------------------------------Stekelenburg-----------------------------------

--------Rosi-----------------------Kjaer------------------Juan--------------Angel-------

The Fonz wrote:

------------------Pizarro---------------------DDR------------------Gago------------

-------------------------Lamela----------------------Pjanic-------------------------

-----------------------------------------Totti------------------------

this would be my dream XI as well. so much creativity. and every player has the ability to be a playmaker
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:56 am

I think Heinze did well enough agaisnt Cagliari to warrant a spot in his natural LB position.

LE has taken a liking to Cicinho so I won't be surprised if he starts this one ahead of Rosi, who I think went some way towards locking down the RB spot.

It will be a welcome thought to have Kjaer or Juan starting or on the bench as well. Burdisso just isn't looking up to snuff so far.

As for midfield. We need balance more than anything. If Pjanic does return from France before the match, then he and DDR should be automatic starters. It's the third spot that will be hotly contested. Out of Gago, Perrotta, and Pizarro, the Argentine definitely showed a strong desire to start in that spot and I honestly think we should give him the nod over an out of form Perrotta and a still newly fit Pizarro.

In attack, I think Bojan may need to start this one from the bench. Boriello has a decent record against Inter so I wouldn't mind seeing him get the start on the opposite flank of Osvaldo with Totti in the middle. We'll lack a bit of pace and guile, but we'll still have our chances with 3 relatively clinical strikers to test and probe Inter's shaky backline.

Either way, we need solidity from the back to the front. Inter were poor against Palermo, but they are no pushovers on their own patch. We'll get our chances and we're going to be knocking the ball around quite a bit, but we need incisiveness. We need drive and we need hunger. We not only need to probe Inter's backline, we need to cut it open...again and again....rattle J. Cesar into mistakes like Palermo did.

This game is quite winnable as this the most vulnerable Inter have come into a home game in some time.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:01 am

Angel is suspended for this game, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:02 am

Yes.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:58 am

Not much news going around today besides reporters making sure Stek is settled and wants to play for Roma...Good timing btw, three games he has played which have all been losses....*FKKKKKKKK*

I like the formations thrown around above, but I'd honestly rather see Taddei play at LB before Heinze.
narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:10 am

taddei played RB in the dying minutes vs sampdoria in 09/10

putting it lightly, it was a disaster
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:26 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Guys it probably wont happen but how about this......

Stekelenburg
Rosi Juan Burdisso Heinze
Gago De Rossi Pjanic
Totti
Osvaldo Bojan

It fit's Totti, Bojan and Osvaldo instead of Osvaldo being played out of postion to fit Totti and Bojan into a front 3......

I see Osvaldo is'nt alot of your line ups though, if he isnt available for some reason then play Borriello or something....

I stand by it though i think in the long run 4-3-1-2 fits all your players the best and good luck ill be watching and hoping for a Roma victory banana

Inb4 Mole is a Inter Hater Very Happy

Mole, you're right. That formation is essentially the one we're using now and I'll explain why in my response to Sciacca.

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Fonz I agree.

I'm sorry Mike, I don't know if its you who wants that line up or if it's Enrique, then once again that would be a HUGE mistake. Borriello can't play there, and second you can't play with 2 Prima punte in a 4-3-3, it makes no sense. Where is Borini? Borini should play! When he got on, HE ALMOST SCORED! What a beast! Isn't Lamela fit?

However, if he does use Osvaldo in that position... then might as well try Borriello, but that is just completely foolish.

Mole, I agree, but Totti is just not fit enough to play as a Trequartista, why not Perotta? and have Totti - Bojan... that would be good...

Or even better...

Pizaro - Pjanic - De Rossi
Bojan - Borini
Totti

In a 4-3-2-1, that would be amazing !

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
The Fonz wrote:

Borini - Bojan
Totti

!!!

The lineup that I put in is the one I think will start, not what I personally want. However, I have to disagree with some of your posts. We've been in a similar discussion before and I think you’re letting yourself be too influenced by the numbers in the formation and you’re not paying enough attention to the players’ characteristics. Whether it’s a 4-3-3, 4-3-2-1, 4-3-1-2, etc… there is not much difference, because ultimately it’s the characteristics of our attackers that matter the most. I’m not the one saying this, Daniele De Rossi is (here’s an article from last year, in which De Rossi tells the media that formation numbers mean nothing… and he was right).

http://www.imperoromanista.it/notizie/la-squadra/1162/de-rossi--quando-la-padania-fara-un-mondiale-le-tiferemo-contro-.html

You say that Totti is not fit enough to be a trequartista. However, he has never relinquished his trequartista duties, ever. Whether the coach was Spalletti, Ranieri, Montella or Enrique, Totti’s habits and natural movement stayed the same. He’s always going to come back to get the ball, redistribute it and try to get forward, those are his natural instincts. Whether you have him in a formation with Borini and Bojan behind him or have him in the middle with Borriello and Bojan on the flanks (or any other combination you can think of), he is always going to drop back, and our other attackers are always going to cut goalwards, because that is their natural position and instinct, whether we’re talking about Borriello, Osvaldo, Bojan, Borini or Okaka.

Sorry man, but that formation you posted is unrealistic. First of all, Pjanic will never play there. Enrique wants the central midfielder to be his most defensive one so he could drop back into defense and help out our center backs in getting our build up play started (meaning De Rossi and Gago are the best options). He wants the “mezz’ala” to be the more offensive minded ones by pushing them forward (therefore, Pjanic falls into that category). Secondly, Borini and Bojan at Totti’s shoulders is the exact opposite of what would actually happen. On paper you could make it look good, sure, but you know that Totti is going to drop back, while Bojan and Borini get themselves forward, effectively re-creating a 4-3-1-2, to put it in simpler terms.

As for Borriello’s inclusion, why not? We’ve repeated often enough that Borriello and Totti can’t play together, which was at one time true. But now, we’re not in that Ranieri mentality anymore where they struggled to both get time and space with the ball, we’re in a completely different system which requires a fair share of speed, strength and creativity. We have players that can complement each other quite well with these characteristics. Totti and Borriello may end up being able to effectively work together… after all, we haven’t really seen them play together under Enrique so we can’t dismiss the possibility of that combination up front along with a quick forward like Bojan. And also, Borriello did better than both Osvaldo and Bojan last week, so he may just deserve a starting spot against Inter.

Basically, I’m making two points. a) don’t let yourself be influenced by formations on paper because there are other, more important factors to consider. And b) The Borriello-Totti partnership may work under Enrique, it’s actually still too early to tell. That being said, with Inter struggling at the back (assuming they do keep a 3-4-3 formation, not the 4-3-3 they played with today), the best option may be to partner two fast strikers with Totti to take advantage of all that extra space up front.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:18 pm

Mike, It's too early in the morning now, let me come back from School and I will respond lol

Mike :bow:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbyV Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:53 pm

Oh God, whoever wins will get a nice morale boost, whoever loses will be highly criticized.

Moreso Inter rather than Roma.

I predict a 2-2 draw.

May the worst team find the light and get back on track.
RobbyV
RobbyV
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Flamengo

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbyV Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:56 pm

McLewis wrote:I think Heinze did well enough agaisnt Cagliari to warrant a spot in his natural LB position.

LE has taken a liking to Cicinho so I won't be surprised if he starts this one ahead of Rosi, who I think went some way towards locking down the RB spot.

It will be a welcome thought to have Kjaer or Juan starting or on the bench as well. Burdisso just isn't looking up to snuff so far.

As for midfield. We need balance more than anything. If Pjanic does return from France before the match, then he and DDR should be automatic starters. It's the third spot that will be hotly contested. Out of Gago, Perrotta, and Pizarro, the Argentine definitely showed a strong desire to start in that spot and I honestly think we should give him the nod over an out of form Perrotta and a still newly fit Pizarro.

In attack, I think Bojan may need to start this one from the bench. Boriello has a decent record against Inter so I wouldn't mind seeing him get the start on the opposite flank of Osvaldo with Totti in the middle. We'll lack a bit of pace and guile, but we'll still have our chances with 3 relatively clinical strikers to test and probe Inter's shaky backline.

Either way, we need solidity from the back to the front. Inter were poor against Palermo, but they are no pushovers on their own patch. We'll get our chances and we're going to be knocking the ball around quite a bit, but we need incisiveness. We need drive and we need hunger. We not only need to probe Inter's backline, we need to cut it open...again and again....rattle J. Cesar into mistakes like Palermo did.

This game is quite winnable as this the most vulnerable Inter have come into a home game in some time.

Unless the team is named Trasbonszpor.
RobbyV
RobbyV
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Flamengo

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:36 pm

Excellent points, Mike.

I also agree with you as well, Robby.

This game will be coined as the showdown between the under-achieving coaches. Which is a bit unfair for both us and Inter imo...
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:10 pm

Yea it's gunna be a really interesting match, very different from our other encounters over these past few seasons. We can't underestimate Inter because they're still a team with loads of quality, despite going through a really rough start under Gasperini. We've done the same under Enrique, but the difference between these two teams is the mentality and morale at the moment. Roma, despite not having a great start to the season, has a positive atmosphere around the club despite the early criticism, and I think that Totti getting the team together this week further re-enforced the squad. Inter, on the other hand, seem to be having difficulty responding to Gasperini's methods given his diverse style compared to that of his predecessors. I don't think it's strictly a tactical issue in their case, whereas we are still trying to adapt to our new tactics, rather than the mentality and methods of our coach in general. A loss for us I don't think would be as detrimental as a loss for Inter. I personally am expecting a tie, which would buy Gasperini another day and can be taken positively enough by Roma's camp.

PS- Mazzoleni will be the official for this match. Both Inter and Roma are unbeaten with him in charge. He's quite young, this is probably one of his biggest games in his career so far.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:17 pm

Yes Mike you're right, thats all I have to say.

I never said he relinquished his Trequartista duties, in fact I always wanted him in that role to begin with, though knowing that he is not fit for it, because it is true, you're required to track back and defend... But as a prima punta he does both creativity and scoring. Unlike if you had Borriello he'd be your typical Prima Punta.

Alright then have De Rossi or Pizaro in the middle, seeing that he wanted ball possesion I thought he would want someone that has some creative skills. I got mixed with Pirlo within Italy and Juventus haha.

Yes realistically it does turn into a 4-3-1-2, nonetheless, the reason why I had the 4-3-2-1 was just to show that you can actually turn that into a 3-4-3 as both the strikers in the back, would go forward on the sides.

Fine on paper, you're right Totti isn't exactly a regular prima punta, however you still can't put them in a 4-3-3, it just wont make sense.

However, how can you have a partnership in a 4-3-3 lol?
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next