harhar11
ChollaVille
jn2002dk
Jack Daniels
The BoyWonder
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How the Stepover was made meaningless - Page 2 Empty Re: How the Stepover was made meaningless

Post by Sushi Master Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:28 am

Stepovers mostly annoy me, but there are guys who know how to use them every now and then.

Stepover wank like Robinho in his days piss the shit out of me, and that's when I understand why sometimes they are received with bad tackles.

Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

How the Stepover was made meaningless - Page 2 Empty Re: How the Stepover was made meaningless

Post by poolsupporter Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:54 am

They became so common that a number of defenders often don't fall for them anymore. There's no harm in unsuccessfully trying them. If a player does manage to fool a defender though, then it's worth it.

I doubt any of the players mentioned within this thread do it for 'show'.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:14 am

how can a stepover topic be discussed without mentioning the master himslef, Denilson, as far as I am concerned he was the best player EVER in stepovers and among the top 5 of ALL time in skills.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:26 am

Some one once said, "C. Ronaldo does tricks to show you he can do them, Ronaldo did tricks to beat you with them"
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:38 am

tricks is for a different discussion which involves Ronaldinho..
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:42 am

if step-overs are done right, it can break ankles. damn.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:59 am

i think that we all know that the op in hi s own way makes a point.

step over should be done to keep moving forward and use it to catapul you to maybe to past a defender.

the move in itself wont get you through the defender but its going to serve as a set up as a foundation to do it.

what cr7 and others do with the step overs sometimes is realistically unessecary, they just do it to look glamorous, even though it gets to be ridiculous.

cr7 embarrasses himself when he loses the ball like a failure like that, but its part of him..
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:11 am

Cristiano for United was a real magician with the stepover. They had purpose and more often than not worked

In Spain, its quite easy to see he doesnt do a quarter of the tricks he pulled off at united
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:29 am

benz does step overs like r9, couple steps,fake then moves into the open space, cr7 doesn't fake and exit thus he always tackled most of the time, robinho is a beast with the fake and exit the best i think
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:31 am

IMO it can be used for different purposes. Sometimes you want to create space, sometimes you want to waste time, sometimes you want to beat a man each different scenario has a different "application" of the stepover, from the simple fake to just sitting their stepping etc.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:05 am

King of stepover would be Denilson ( the Betis one) I swear that's the only trick he ever did.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:06 am

Robinho does it fine now I think.. The best I should say.. The rest are wack
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2