adnyana179
BarrileteCosmico
BeautifulGame
77 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Nasri to Sevilla- Official - Page 4 Empty Re: Nasri to Sevilla- Official

Post by kiranr Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:46 am

I remember Arsenal fans calling Ashley Cole, Cashley Cole....

How many of you think he made the right decision to join Chelsea?

kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:22 am

Very bad timing of the deal by wenger again,why screwing your entire season for some 5 or 10 million more over negotiations?

Should have sold both of them very early and quest for replacement.Now its too late.

But gago and pedro leon are there drunken
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:54 pm

there should been some limit of how many players a club can by from another club within 5 years or something. City is looting Wengers hard work atm.

Adebayor
Clichy
K. Toure
Nasri

in two seasons...
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:58 pm

Still has a few days to shock everyone with a mega signing

Remember Arshavin? My God the scum were livid that day Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:08 pm

How is it Nasri's fault for asking Arsenal to pay him market wages once his contract was over? It's not like asked for an increase on his current contract. He would have honored is current one. Arsenal wanted him to sign an extension... and he wanted what the market would bear.

You idiots (only some of you) realize that he's 24 and this is his last prime contract (5 years). He will be 30 when this one is over.

So please pull that globe that sits on top of your neck out of your a$$es.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:11 pm

Cashmir Nasri.....

Honor and character among players is slowly a dying attribute.

Principle will soon cease to exist.

Probability is that he'll rot on the bench just like 80% of the City players.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:15 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Cashmir Nasri.....

If your career had a 10-year lifecycle, would you take a 50% salary haircut on the prime years of that period? I would think not. Did Nasri ask to leave this summer? No he didn't. Arsenal didn't want him to leave for free once his contract ran out. He would have extended with them at market value. They refused to extend him that offer.

Incredibly naive sense, and frankly wrong, sense of honor, principle, etc. Sheesh.

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:18 pm

sportsczy wrote:

Arsenal didn't want him to leave for free once his contract ran out. He would have extended with them. They refused to extend him that offer.

This. Most people don't realize that.

Last edited by EarlyPrototype on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:19 pm

sportsczy wrote:How is it Nasri's fault for asking Arsenal to pay him market wages once his contract was over? It's not like asked for an increase on his current contract. He would have honored is current one. Arsenal wanted him to sign an extension... and he wanted what the market would bear.

You idiots (only some of you) realize that he's 24 and this is his last prime contract (5 years). He will be 30 when this one is over.

Market wages? Who the *bleep* pays 175k for a good player who's only had 1/2 a great season in his career?

That's not market wages, those are oil wages. The only ones crazy enough to pay those sorts of wages are ManC.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:23 pm

sportsczy wrote:

If your career had a 10-year lifecycle, would you take a 50% salary haircut on the prime years of that period? I would think not. Did Nasri ask to leave this summer? No he didn't. Arsenal didn't want him to leave for free once his contract ran out. He would have extended with them at market value. They refused to extend him that offer.

Incredibly naive sense, and frankly wrong, sense of honor, principle, etc. Sheesh.

Your passage aboves shows your mentality.

In a time of need for the team, you leave onto a team who is known for their apathy for developing their players. They aren't known for anything except the money they possess.

“I am a realist so I have no illusions. It's part of the modern life of a professional football player. It's not that by coincidence that everybody suddenly lands at Man City.

“We did not want to lose Fabregas, but we were forced into a situation we didn’t want. Nasri is a situation where the player didn’t want to extend his contract with the proposals he had somewhere else. What kind of commitment can you have when the player is not there long-term? That is the question you have to answer.” -Arsene Wenger

Fine, Nasri doesn't have to be a maldini, scholes, or Del Piero.

But the fact is that he left for money and theres nothing you can do to deny that. Taking a cut in salary is professionalism, not giving ultimatums.

Left for trophies? Thats nice, considering you leave the team and manager who played a part in your development and the reason for your import to the country, just when they needed you most.

Defending his decision is laughable as he already gave arsenal an ultimatum which is equally unforgivable.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:24 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
sportsczy wrote:How is it Nasri's fault for asking Arsenal to pay him market wages once his contract was over? It's not like asked for an increase on his current contract. He would have honored is current one. Arsenal wanted him to sign an extension... and he wanted what the market would bear.

Market wages? Who the *bleep* pays 175k for a good player who's only had 1/2 a great season in his career?

That's not market wages, those are oil wages. The only ones crazy enough to pay those sorts of wages are ManC.

That's not the number he asked from Arsenal. It was 130k i believe. The 175k was the offer by City once negotiations with Arsenal broke down and he started talking to other clubs.

And in any case, more power to him. If someone is willing to pay you a big number and you allow your current employer to match it, you've done the honorable thing in the professional world. That's all i ask of my employees: Give me chance to counter whatever you receive in the open market.

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:30 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

Arsenal didn't want him to leave for free once his contract ran out. He would have extended with them. They refused to extend him that offer.

Wenger said he was willing to risk losing nasri on free if he didn't get the right fee.....
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:32 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:

That's not the number he asked from Arsenal. It was 130k i believe. The 175k was the offer by City once negotiations with Arsenal broke down and he started talking to other clubs.

And in any case, more power to him. If someone is willing to pay you a big number and you allow your current employer to match it, you've done the honorable thing in the professional world. That's all i ask of my employees: Give me chance to counter whatever you receive in the open market.
130k is still a lot of money. It's not like Fabregas were asking for these wages, which would suit him given his class. Because that's what sort of quality players have access to those wages. The only place where average players have high wages are in ManC and maybe Madrid.

I don't know how people suddenly decide footballers are poor people and they deserve more money just because oil rich barons can pay them. If we're getting to the age of inflated transfer prices, then say hello to inflated wages, which are even worse.

I agree with your last statement... but this isn't really the professional world. He hasn't discovered cancer or played like a world class footballer day after day to actually deserve those type of wages. It's just a filthy rich club with too much money on their hands doing whatever it takes to land a player.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:34 pm

RVP and Wilshere the new "Gerrard and Torres of Liverpool".
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:34 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

What? Nasri was offered numerous contract extensions, which he all turned down for ManC money. No one at Arsenal wanted to lose Nasri, but there's no way you're matching the near 200k wages he's asking. He's good, but not that good.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:38 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

What? Nasri was offered numerous contract extensions, which he all turned down for ManC money. No one at Arsenal wanted to lose Nasri, but there's no way you're matching the near 200k wages he's asking. He's good, but not that good.

I don't think he was offered numerous contract extensions, Arsenal never met his demands. Wenger was happy to sell him because he knew that next year he would lose Nasri on the free. If Nasri had then left as a free agent he would not have got so much criticism because he would have honored his contract by then.
Nasri is not worth what City are giving him I agree, but I think Nasri would have stayed at Arsenal and met his demands.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:41 pm

I'm not saying Arsenal offered him 130k... that what he asked of Arsenal. Arsenal offered him 110k. That's just too much of a haircut.

And it has nothing to do with with whether he has a cure for cancer lol. He could be a janitor and the same principle holds true... you're going to try and get the best compensation you possibly can. ESPECIALLY, if this is the prime 5 money-making years of your career.

Absolutely cannot blame Nasri for this.

And btw, what Cesc did was worse for Arsenal... he didn't let them pick from a pool of teams to get a better price. He only wanted to go to Barca. I'm sure Cesc would have fetched at least 45 million from either Chelsea, City or PSG. Probably even Liverpool. Not to mention Cesc was still on contract for several years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:41 pm

People act like 115k a week over, say, a decade is small money :coffee:

These poor footballers, in twelve years, after blowing over a billion pounds on cars, mansions,holiday homes in Magaluf, endless amounts of expensive clothes, jewellery and shoes, vacations in Spain, partying and living the high life, they won't have a pot to piss in Sad
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:42 pm

Give me 115k and i'll make it last the rest of my life
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:46 pm

sportsczy wrote:I'm not saying Arsenal offered him 130k... that what he asked of Arsenal. Arsenal offered him 110k. That's just too much of a haircut.

And it has nothing to do with with whether he has a cure for cancer lol. He could be a janitor and the same principle holds true... you're going to try and get the best compensation you possibly can. ESPECIALLY, if this is the prime 5 money-making years of your career.

And btw, what Cesc did was worse for Arsenal... he didn't let them pick from a pool of teams to get a better price. He only wanted to go to Barca. I'm sure Cesc would have fetched at least 45 million from either Chelsea, City or PSG. Probably even Liverpool. Not to mention Cesc was still on contract for several years.

Like I said, your mentality doesn't seem to prioritize staying with your club and helping them fight through their trials. The ones who have done it will be remembered forever.

prime money making years? So this is what football has come to.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:47 pm

Nasri to Sevilla- Official - Page 4 CASHMIR

:coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:49 pm

That's not the point Lex. The relative wages of footballers compared to the rest of society has absolutely no bearing on this discussion at all. It's simply supply and demand here. This is not communism... it's capitalism. And it's not like footballers have a 40-year career like most professions. We're talking 10-15 years max. So they need to cash in or just get left out.

If anything, the billionaires sitting on Arsenal's board can afford to take discounts a lot easier than their players.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:50 pm

Flamoney
Cashley
Cashmir
Adebuywhore...

I'm seeing a trend here and can't help but feel the gooners pain lol
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:50 pm

Lex wrote:People act like 115k a week over, say, a decade is small money :coffee:

These poor footballers, in twelve years, after blowing over a billion pounds on cars, mansions,holiday homes in Magaluf, endless amounts of expensive clothes, jewellery and shoes, vacations in Spain, partying and living the high life, they won't have a pot to piss in Sad
What annoys me is that all of a sudden people make it sound like 115k is pocket money for a footballer.

95% of players don't even earn that much.

sportsczy wrote:I'm not saying Arsenal offered him 130k... that what he asked of Arsenal. Arsenal offered him 110k. That's just too much of a haircut.

Well, then he's clearly money oriented, which is what we're all trying to say. Leaving first team action, potential football stardom, becoming a club idol, killing your NT chances and leaving the great city of London for Manchester for more moneys? If that's what he wants...

Cesc could have been held hostage for another year and put him up for sale to attact those 45m offers, but Arsenal actually respect his choice and don't treat it's players like slaves (the irony), so they let him go for a cut price. Not really the same thing.

Last edited by Sushi Master on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:51 pm

Arquitecto wrote:

Like I said, your mentality doesn't seem to prioritize staying with your club and helping them fight through their trials. The ones who have done it will be remembered forever.

prime money making years? So this is what football has come to.

Oh please stop with the violin act.

That's the world we all live in... ask the billionaires on the board of Arsenal to pony up for ffs. They're the ones hurting the club by being cheap, not the players. If you don't like it, move to a socialist/communist country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:52 pm

I forget i'm mostly dealing with kids who've never had to deal with the real world here. Bunch or romantics lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next