Arsene Wenger is the best manager in the world!

+19
Ali
Senor Penguin
REWB
Viduka
RealGunner
tsgooner1
wigglesworth
Dnmac4
RedOranje
spanky
BeautifulGame
che
kiranr
Magricos
Lex
Onyx
Berbaflop
Abramovich
Babun
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Arsene Wenger is the best manager in the world! - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsene Wenger is the best manager in the world!

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:12 am

babun1024 wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
che wrote:
Lex wrote:
But i guess it's easier to slam him now that the Russians and Arabs have taken over and throw money about like it's confetti

so? arsenal sold their starting left back and have been having injury troubled defence since forever and what does wenger do? sign an 18 year old attacking midfielder

it's not about lack of funds, it's about recognizing the team's weaknesses, which wenger is apparently oblivious to
Simple maths:
In the league, if you win you'll get 3 points, if you lose you get 0 and if you draw 1. 1 win and 2 losses equal 3 draws Very Happy Guess what's more important in the league, defence or offence? Very Happy
In K.O. tournaments, the story is totally different, defence counts a lot more Very Happy

U need a good defence to win matches Very Happy .So its as important as offense Very Happy
Their first string defence isn't bad at all. They're plagued by injuries now but it doesn't mean that they have to buy countless defenders which they won't use later Very Happy
They only need a fullback and that's it Very Happy

Their first team will be improved more by signing Enrique than Chamberlain.And their first string left wing is better than first string left back.

BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Arsene Wenger is the best manager in the world! - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsene Wenger is the best manager in the world!

Post by spanky Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:28 am

Bigdaddy Borno nigeria
10:01 AM Aug 21, 2011

I am arsenal fans but i will leave i will go to man city

Sad sadly but true a lot of the fan base will glory hunt to a new team, only the faithful with remain
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Arsene Wenger is the best manager in the world! - Page 2 Empty Arsene Wenger or The Board?

Post by Babun Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:38 am

I think most people don't realize that the board restricts Wenger in his action in transfer market a lot more than you think Very Happy
I see everyone blaming Wenger for everything but is he really to be made responsible for every move in Arsenal?
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:39 am

People always fail to realize that Wenger cannot compete for top players from a wage standpoint. The salary structure of Arsenal is below those of the elite clubs... it doesn't matter who he wants. He can't get them until this changes.

He's doing the best he can within the parameters of his club.

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:50 am

sportsczy wrote:People always fail to realize that Wenger cannot compete for top players from a wage standpoint. The salary structure of Arsenal is below those of the elite clubs... it doesn't matter who he wants. He can't get them until this changes.

Again isnt this wage structure his fault.Arsenal pay ridiculous wages to average squad players but dont pay top salary to quality players and they have one of the highest wages in the league.Why does Arsenal need this wage structure when no other top club has that? This wage structure is one of biggest hindrances in Arsenal's progress.

You dont pay the likes of Diaby and Bendtner 50k per week and have Van Persie on just 80k per week thats just un acceptable imo.When he sees national team mates like Sniejder earning massive wages he has every right to feel undervalued.Its just that Wenger was lucky with the loyalty of some players.But not everyone will be like Van Persie.

I am not saying Wenger is a poor manager but his stubbornness has cost Arsenal trophies in the last 4-5 years imo.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:54 am

I dont think Board force Wenger to not buy a LB which is necessary and go and then spend money on a 17 old winger who is not a urgent priority.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:57 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
sportsczy wrote:People always fail to realize that Wenger cannot compete for top players from a wage standpoint. The salary structure of Arsenal is below those of the elite clubs... it doesn't matter who he wants. He can't get them until this changes.

Again isnt this wage structure his fault.Arsenal pay ridiculous wages to average squad players but dont pay top salary to quality players and they have one of the highest wages in the league.Why does Arsenal need this wage structure when no other top club has that? This wage structure is one of biggest hindrances in Arsenal's progress.

You dont pay the likes of Diaby and Bendtner 50k per week and have Van Persie on just 80k per week thats just un acceptable imo.When he sees national team mates like Sniejder earning massive wages he has every right to feel undervalued.Its just that Wenger was lucky with the loyalty of some players.But not everyone will be like Van Persie.

I am not saying Wenger is a poor manager but his stubbornness has cost Arsenal trophies in the last 4-5 years imo.

No, it's not his fault. He put it in place several years ago to allow for the club to catch up on its debt issue. He would basically need to redo almost everyone's contract to get the wages up to speed... no reason he wouldn't if he had the green light from the board. But he obviously doesn't.

The financial issues at Arsenal are systematic. One of the reasons Wenger will not go out and buy a 30 million player is that he cannot make the wage of such a player work in the current system. He's stuck with trying to get 10-20 million players only.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:58 am

As far as RVP... i;m sure his wage/game played is on par with the elite over the past 5 years lol. He usually only plays half a season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:58 am

Wenger has massive power at the club :farao:, he did say he would spend £40M on a player Afro
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:00 am

Torres did not cost us £33m.

I don't know where you got your figures, but they aren't accurate.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:04 am

Babun is such a predictable troll tbh.....change the record mate

Only Cheesy is more boring and predictable.

Last edited by Sepi on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:05 am

sportsczy wrote:
No, it's not his fault. He put it in place several years ago to allow for the club to catch up on its debt issue. He would basically need to redo almost everyone's contract to get the wages up to speed... no reason he wouldn't if he had the green light from the board. But he obviously doesn't.

The financial issues at Arsenal are systematic. One of the reasons Wenger will not go out and buy a 30 million player is that he cannot make the wage of such a player work in the current system. He's stuck with trying to get 10-20 million players only.

The thing is Arsenal have a similar wage bill to most big clubs.Its just that they pay more on average players but less for quality players.Thats not a proper wage structure imo.If they pay the likes of diaby less and have a low wage will they fair enough its becoz of debt.But thats not the case.Why cant he pay low wages for youngster on the squad and more for quality players? That wont affect their wage bill.

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:09 am

Wenger overpays for the youth so that he can get the best youth players in the world. He developed this model once he realizes he couldn't compete for the top transfers several year ago.

I agree that he needs to readjust the structure now that Arsenal's debt crisis is over. But unfortunately, that's not a transition that occurs immediately. He needs to wait for youth contracts to expire to open up space.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:24 am

babun1024 wrote:I think most people don't realize that the board restricts Wenger in his action in transfer market a lot more than you think Very Happy
I see everyone blaming Wenger for everything but is he really to be made responsible for every move in Arsenal?

Yes you do blame him for everything. He is kind of like the President of the United States, you get slammed for things that go wrong and you get praised for things that go right no matter if you are responsible for either.

You can't praise him for the invincibles and then say it's the board's fault now. If that were the case then give the board credit for the Invincibles and not Wenger, you can't have it both ways.

He has been ignoring his defense and goalkeeping situation for years, it's pathetic that Villa and Everton have better keepers and have for the last 3-4 years, and now they both are coming back to bite him.

Also, he has known for the better part of two years that Cesc was leaving and now he is at the end of the window with no Cesc and no solution with a market that has been picked over. These are HIS fault not the boards.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:25 am

Wenger is certainly talented, he manages to keep his job without ever winning anything. Anywhere else, he would have been long gone.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:26 am

God its like your setting up the Arsenal haters here.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:35 am

tsgooner1 wrote:God its like your setting up the Arsenal haters here.

It's not about hating Arsenal at all, I mildly support Liverpool but I am not an EPL fan. It is more about being perplexed at how Arsenal fans until maybe this year were supporting Wenger though his whole philosophy has been shown to be a losing philosophy for several years now.

In Italy he would have been gone long ago. Look at Ancellotti, gone a year after winning the EPL and after coming in second place. Ancellotti has won CLs as a player and as a manager, yet he was sent packing for not winning the EPL one year.

So, Wenger is much more talented than Ancellotti at keeping his job, although Ancellotti is ten times the manager Wenger is. Chelsea sold 6 starters before last season and only bought Torres for Ancellotti, yet they blamed Ancellotti for coming in second and fired him.

See the difference?
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:39 am

wigglesworth wrote:

It's not about hating Arsenal at all, I mildly support Liverpool but I am not an EPL fan. It is more about being perplexed at how Arsenal fans until maybe this year were supporting Wenger though his whole philosophy has been shown to be a losing philosophy for several years now.

In Italy he would have been gone long ago. Look at Ancellotti, gone a year after winning the EPL and after coming in second place. Ancellotti has won CLs as a player and as a manager, yet he was sent packing for not winning the EPL one year.

So, Wenger is much more talented than Ancellotti at keeping his job, although Ancellotti is ten times the manager Wenger is. Chelsea sold 6 starters before last season and only bought Torres for Ancellotti, yet they blamed Ancellotti for coming in second and fired him.

See the difference?

Totally agree, everyone has been saying what Arsenal's problems are for the last 3 years and Wenger and some fans just chose to ignore it or think there players were better then they really are. I will say this, Wenger did better with the group he had then a lot of other top managers would have.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:48 am

wigglesworth wrote:

See the difference?

Ya but we have to stick with him. We are in a different state then other teams, we have stadium dept that limits our spending and resources. How many managers would keep us comepeting with such limited resources for so long. Some of our fans forget this, we want him to spend the resources he has, but the thing is, we only have so much until we run out, if we go out and spend money on players we dont need like most of our fans want we are screwed. Most of our fans want him to spend on an LB, but we have two very promising but young LBs on our team what if one of them turns out to be top class this season, we then basically wasted a high sum of money on nothing. Wenger most of the time is very good at identifying when a young player is about to reach that next level in his career and maybe he sees it in some of our young players and doesnt want to spend his limited resources for no reason. I myself want a replacement for Cesc and I will be happy.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:49 am

dnmac4 wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:

See the difference?

Totally agree, everyone has been saying what Arsenal's problems are for the last 3 years and Wenger and some fans just chose to ignore it or think there players were better then they really are. I will say this, Wenger did better with the group he had then a lot of other top managers would have.

I think we can all see our problems but want to find the cheapest solution which is develop internally.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:54 am

Im not calliing him the best manager in the world by the way, just perfect for our situation.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:57 am

wigglesworth wrote:

See the difference?

Chelsea have sacked 8 managers in the last 10 years. Are you really giving example related to them ?

Plus how is Ancelotti 10 times the better manager? just because he has won 2 CL ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:58 am

dnmac4 wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:

See the difference?

who made that group in first place ?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Viduka Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:00 am

yeah wenger along with pep, ancelotti and saf are the best club managers. not mourinho. mourinho doesn't know how to win with playing entertaining atttacking football.

Viduka
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:27 am

[quote="RealGunner"][quote="wigglesworth"]
tsgooner1 wrote:

Plus how is Ancelotti 10 times the better manager? just because he has won 2 CL ?

Too funny to comment.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:33 am

[quote="wigglesworth"][quote="RealGunner"]
wigglesworth wrote:
tsgooner1 wrote:

Too funny to comment.

go on, explain what you mean wiggles. Neutral
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next