Dimitar Berbatov: Top 5 strikers in the world? - Page 3 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Dimitar Berbatov: Top 5 strikers in the world?

+27
LeSwagg James
Senor Penguin
Yeezus
jibers
juventus101
Ali
mr-r34
andiii
JAY-Z
Arquitecto
RED
Babun
Freeza
chinomaster182
Albiceleste
Pedram
VivaStPauli
urbaNRoots
Lex
Iceman
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
B-Mac
Ganso
Bear
xabi
cheesy
31 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Dimitar Berbatov: Top 5 strikers in the world? - Page 3 Empty Re: Dimitar Berbatov: Top 5 strikers in the world?

Post by Arquitecto Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:28 am

Devil-Is-Red wrote:
Ganso wrote:Inzaghi is more than just a poacher,he has good link up play and he used to be quite pacy.

That's basically Hernandez. The way he was linking up with Rooney towards the end of the season was really effective. Plus all the other attributes i mentioned about Chicha, it makes him more than a poacher too.

so I don't see how he would flop in Serie A.

I'm not saying he would flop in Serie A.

And, Hernandez, like Inzaghi is not a poacher.

A poacher is one who waits and anticipates for chances but can take them. Huntelaar, Kuyt and Denis Law are all examples.

Inzaghi and Chica are called fox in the box who actually carve their way into the channels by their movement, intelligence and timing.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Dimitar Berbatov: Top 5 strikers in the world? - Page 3 Empty Re: Dimitar Berbatov: Top 5 strikers in the world?

Post by Ganso Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:29 am

Arquitecto wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:
Ganso wrote:Inzaghi is more than just a poacher,he has good link up play and he used to be quite pacy.

That's basically Hernandez. The way he was linking up with Rooney towards the end of the season was really effective. Plus all the other attributes i mentioned about Chicha, it makes him more than a poacher too.

A poacher is one who waits and anticipates for chances but can take them. Huntelaar, Kuyt and Denis Law are all examples.

Inzaghi and Chica are called fox in the box who actually carve their way into the channels by their movement, intelligence and timing.

im pretty sure thats what poachers are supposed to do
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:32 am

Arquitecto wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:

Yah..that's why i was saying to Ganso...those types of players can succeed in Serie A.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:33 am

Ganso wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:

Its a common misconception to confuse poaching and what Chica and Inzaghi do.

For example, watch the 3-1 of Liverpool v United last year and see Kuyt in that who takes what he gets and finishes.

Chicha and pippo are more like pathfinders who envision with timing.

I like to specify like that.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:33 am

top 25
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:34 am

Devil-Is-Red wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:

Yah..that's why i was saying to Ganso...those types of players can succeed in Serie A.

I was simply differentiating between a poacher and Inzaghi and Chicha.

I rather not respond to most of the sensationalist comments here lol.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:35 am

Arquitecto wrote:
Ganso wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:

For example, watch the 3-1 of Liverpool v United last year and see Kuyt in that who takes what he gets and finishes.

Aren't timing/movement/channel movement generally a part of anticipation?

What's your definition of a poacher?

Last edited by Lionel Messi on Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:39 am

Geez, untied fans, this is just OTT.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:39 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
Ganso wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:

Aren't timing/movement/channel movement generally apart of anticipation?

What's your definition of a poacher?

Anticipation as in waiting instead of pathfinding.

And frankly, I just find the word poaching an insult to strikers like Muller, Kluivert and Pippo who "poached" their goals.

It all sounds like they were at the right place at the right time.

But in conclusion: Guys like Huntelaar and Kuyt are poachers, but Pippo and Chicha are different as there is a distinct difference between the two pairs.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:41 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Lex wrote:Too many floran/cyber/xabi wannabes nowadays

Cheesy is nothing like Xabi or Floren imo.

That's because he uses correct spelling and grammar lol
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:20 am

Berbatov is on the same level as, say, Pazzini. Great, but not World class. Hes definitely not Top 5, and if I count guys like Ronaldo and Messi as strikers, then hes even further down.

Eto'o, Higuian, Benzema, Villa, Torres, Drogba, Rooney, Chicharito, Dzeko, Van Persie, Forlan, Cardozo, Suarez, Gomez, Cavani, Podolski, Barrios, Rossi, Klose, Ibrahimovic, Pato, Cassano, Muller, Robinho, Aguero, etc are all above him. Plus Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Lavezzi, and Sanchez can also be considered strikers as well...
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:28 am

Strikers? Is there a truly out and out striker playing today? He is in top 20.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:02 am

I think Shefki is #1.

That Swan Dive is just.............

orgasmic.

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:02 pm

C'mon, some noobs compare Chica with Inzaghi Very Happy Yes, he is from the same type of sneaky players but Inzaghi was a lot smarter and the big difference, Inzaghi has got godly technic in finishing and on one on ones vs. goalkeeper Very Happy

If Chica ever manages such a volley, come back again Very Happy Of course, it's not all of his goals. Inzaghi has tons of skills Very Happy

Devil-Is-Red wrote:
babun1024 wrote:Chicarito has got great positioning and speed. His finishing is good but not great ,he can hone it further with time. Berba is miles ahead technically. Hernandez doesn't even come close, not remotely Very Happy
Also, Chica would flop in the other three leagues Very Happy

Oh yeah, how the hell do you know he will flop in other leagues...considering he went to the toughest league in the world and was a success.

I stand by it, he'd be average at best because he is finishing isn't perfect. He's got low skill level for the other three leagues. The thing is, there, you have to make space for yourself with skills, not running into the channels only Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:09 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:
babun1024 wrote:Chicarito has got great positioning and speed. His finishing is good but not great ,he can hone it further with time. Berba is miles ahead technically. Hernandez doesn't even come close, not remotely Very Happy
Also, Chica would flop in the other three leagues Very Happy

Oh yeah, how the hell do you know he will flop in other leagues...considering he went to the toughest league in the world and was a success.

Playing in the toughest league doesn't guarantee success elsewhere, though. World Cup comes to mind for a lot of EPL players.

As for Berbaflop being a top 5 striker? OP must've missed a zero to the right of five. 🤡

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:54 pm

Ameobi > Berbatov
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:01 pm

1. Hamdi Salihi
2. Erjon Bogdani
3. Shefki Kuqi
4. Edmond Kapllani
5. Berbatov

Yes he makes it cheers
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesy Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:56 pm

Swagg_Johnson wrote:Ameobi > Berbatov
Ameobi is one of the best around, but Berbatov is superior.

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesy Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:35 pm

I still do not feel that Berbatov is effectively appreciated.

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:44 pm

He is currently third choice CF at united? Top 5, no way!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:18 pm

cheesy wrote:For years now, Dimitar Berbatov has been dazzling the world stage. Time and time again he has proved his unique ability which makes him stand out.

Unlike players such as Torres and Tevez, he does not simply rely on tap-ins. His goals are of the highest quality.

In my opinion, he is clearly within the top 5 strikers in the world. Do you agree with me?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ________
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`\
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:45 pm

I want some chees...
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:34 pm

these ' player x wont suceed in serie .' type arguements are pure bullshit.. serie a is not the best league now and its renowned defences dont really exist that much now

having said that , world class players can play anywhere.. poachers can suceed in serie a.. and inzaghi is a poacher lol.. dont give me that goal he scored in a p re season friendly to prove otherwise.. trezegol was a poacher too and he really succeeded.. toni was a poacher too? i think.. chico wont necessarily suceed in serie if he plays there but to suggest he wont simply because he is a poacher is a stupid arguement imo and is right up there with small players struggling in epl and unskilled players failing in la liga (this is true though Twisted Evil )
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3