Summer fixes!

4 posters

Go down

Summer fixes! Empty Summer fixes!

Post by Babun Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:23 pm

I'm still transferring my old threads. This thread looks awesome in retroperspective Very Happy

Problems:

You could blame managers for tactics, motivation etc. but in the end footballers play the game on the pitch. After a long period of time we've got some basic formation and tactic instilled by Mourinho.
After the recent slumps, one would say that Mourinho doesn't utilize the squad properly. In my opinion, our coach exposed real flaws in our squad by demanding high performances from them on consistent basis.

The attack:

Benzema was really hungry in last 3 games, if he continues to improve his form, we could really profit from it. One thing that bothers me, he needs the ball to come to his feet when he runs at the defence, he should go to Özil and Alonso in training and speak to them otherwise, he'll fail again.They're on different wave lengths too many times during a game.

Adebayor is still on a trial. I won't say anything about him.
All in all, if they fail to score, uncle Perez will haunt them back in summer

The midfield:

We've got superb wide players in Ronaldo and Di Maria. I think they are one of the reasons Mourinho plays a 4-2-3-1 system.
Now, why doesn't it work like it supposed to do? The problem is the double pivot. Alonso is a DLP who is a halfdestroyer ( he can't play DM on his own) and is paired with a destroyer with little technical+passing abilities.
The system relies on quick passing to the wings to get things going. Only Alonso does it, he does it from deep, he has to do the defending at the same time because when the ball wasn't delievered to a winger the opponent attacks. The DM gets the ball and doesn't know what to do with it. The double pivot is naturally outnumbered, they rely on quick passing to attacking players to get the opponents off their backs. The fullbacks could help them but then they have to do it on full time basis leaving space behind. It isn't a problem when they're fast and good in defence-> only Ramos fulfills those conditions so fail.
This is our biggest problem. First of all, even two people with superhuman strength and technical abilities aren't enough to take the opponent under control on their own. First change should be moving Özil closer to the other two. Mou shouldn't play him like he plays for Germany because only Ronaldo seems to be "smart" enough to change his position when Özil goes to the wings. Many times there is space in the hole but nobody there to exploit it. He could even volley from there (he did it often for Bremen).So much for the tactcal part.
The basic problem, our midfielders beside Alonso and Özil simply suck Take out Alonso and the team crumbles, take out Özil and the attack turns into slow motion spectacle. It means Lass, Khedira,Gago, Leon etc. aren't anywhere near first team quality, not even bench material.

Basic problem, do we want to keep Alonso or not? If yes, we need a defensive oriented CM who possesses superb passing and box to box abilities. If not, we need a CM as playmaker and real DM to do the job.By the way, I see Canales used frequently in CM area by Mourinho in the next two years( Shaven might disagree).
All in all, we need 5 players for two positions and three of them should be top quality, not Alonso alone. Games are won or lost in midfield.2 players from the 4 people mentioned have to go.

Defence:

Do I have to say something about the let flank?
Someone with pace and tactical awareness is needed there, preferably left footed.

CBs,one point that makes the difference between Pepe and our other CBs is his pace. He is really fast and can tackle good.In case, we keep him, we need another fast CB to complete the fortress Ramos-fast CB-Pepe-fast LB. I like Carvalho a lot and am a big fan of his but he isn't good enough to play for an attacking team anymore.

Goalkeeper:
Long term, I would like a keeper who is a real number 2. Casilas hast got almost no competition, it can't be good in the long run.

Solutions:
Forwards:

If our strikers fail to deliever until summer there are two good options:
Perez version:

Llorente

He should only be bought to replace Benzema. The guy is the Spanish version of Drogba, a typical target man with good technic and shooting, plays for Spanish NT, good marketing value.

Aguero

He is the "attacking" player we miss in our squad. He can play on the right wing, as a striker or behind the striker. He is very popular and would bring a lot of shirt money

My version:
Get Aguero Perez!He will have as big an impact as Özil has right now.His inclusion would bring us to the next level.
Higuain is enough as target man and Morata will come good with some time if not a cheap third striker would do it.
Update: It seems like Morata looks like real deal to Mourinho now, he will include him into the first team squad next season. So we only have to worry about the number two.A lot of money will be saved this way.

Midfield:

If we keep Alonso...

Perez version:

Fabregas

He is a perfectly balanced CM and noone here would doubt his passing abilities. Marketing and promotion aren't a problem.He would cost around 40-50mio € + a bitter taste/Perez's middle finger towards Barca

Schweinsteiger

If Perez somehow manages to prize him out of Munich we should build a monument for him He is better defensivly compared to Fabregas but worse at passing. Overall, he is the one Mourinho misses.

My version:

De Rossi

He is a CM with playmaking abilities and a fierce shot from range, decent skills on the ball. He is like a compromise between Fab and piggy, covers less ground than piggy and passes worse than Fab but is a lot superior in box to box plays. Marketing wise, a decent buy the least.

Éver Banega

He is a typical la liga CM. Not as good as De Rossi in finishing and box to box plays but shields the ball better and looks for passing options.He covers a decent among of ground during a game.

Nuri Sahin

That guy is an absolute beast for Dortmund. I'd say in a year or two, he will surpass the two I mentioned. The downside is, he has got very little marketing value, isn't good looking and seldom played against other powerhouses outside of Bundesliga(lack of expirience).

Without Alonso...

Fab, piggy

Luca Modric

We will never have a problem in case Alonso or Özil get injured. He is the CM version of Özil, very versatile, creative, superb ball control, can play CM, AM and right wing. What do you want more? Pair him with Lass or another true DM and enjoy the show.

Update:

Sarabia

Sarabia looks like real deal and could provide real cover for our wingers. He is a cheap, much upgraded version of P. leon, can play as a '10' as well.It depends on Mourinho, I would include him instead of Gago into the squad.

Defence

Perez and me say:
Now, that Luiz is gone,Coentrao for president!..... I mean leftback
(Evra is slower now)

CB

Perez version:

Vidic

my version:

Subotic from Dortmund

Alex from CFC

or prize out Boateng from Man City, they play him out of position anyway

Tiago Silva from AC Milan is worth a shot as well
(Chilleni and co. are overrated, don't inquire me about them)
Update: We might not need a fast CB at all. Ramos could play there paired with Pepe, Arbeloa is very solid on the right. Only the purchase of Coentrao would suffice.

Have fun!
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Summer fixes! Empty Re: Summer fixes!

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:26 pm

That's a bit harsh, khedira has had his moments. And he is at least bench material.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:28 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:That's a bit harsh, khedira has had his moments. And he is at least bench material.
The thread was opened like 6-7 months ago Very Happy Look how much I was spot on. Coentrao is coming, Sahin is signed and Ramos will be most probably moved to CB Very Happy
I might be even right with the Kunt I guess :lol!:

Last edited by babun1024 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:31 pm

Yeah, good thread in retrospective. Just show how much the sources linking us with Aguero were right...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:39 pm

to put my personal thoughts in perspective, coentrao and aguero arent really needed but they would be improvements.

and a guy like essien would be good.

get rid of guys like kaka,leon,garay,canales,gago,lass

if possible.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:45 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Yeah, good thread in retrospective. Just show how much the sources linking us with Aguero were right...
I was the source at that time Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:48 pm

Beat you to it buddy, ive been reporting it even before christmas XD

Zealous wasnt happy about him Razz
Mr Nick09