Batigoal
Sushi Master
Interista809
wigglesworth
Art Morte
BeautifulGame
13 posters

Go down

Argentine League Restructure to 38 team league Empty Argentine League Restructure to 38 team league

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:07 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/60/south-america/2011/07/26/2591037/argentine-football-set-for-major-overhaul-as-afa-approve

The Argentine FA has approved plans to restructure the country's league system, where the number of clubs participating will increase from 20 to as many as 38 by the beginning of the 2012-2013 season.

The members of the board met on Monday to discuss the new arrangements, and have decided to reform the current Primera Division into a brand new championship which would incorporate sides from the current Nacional B Division, Argentina's second-level league, and the 2011-12 champions from Torneo A Argentino and Primera B Metropolitana, both of the nation's third-level leagues.

As AFA spokesman Ernesto Cherquis confirmed on Monday evening, the committee overwhelmingly voted in favour of unification during the same meeting which saw Sergio Batista removed from the head of the national team.

Few details were released about the proposed format of the new tournament, but Cherquis affirmed that if passed in a general meeting in three months time, the new-look competition would com into force in time for August 2012.

"In the meeting of the executive committee of the AFA it was approved, by 22 votes in favour against four abstentions and one absence, to create a new project to restructure Argentine football from next August. Now it will have to be approved by general assembly on October 18," the official confirmed after the meeting.

Cherquis continued to explain that a key goal of the changes was to open the game up to interior provinces of Argentina, historically weaker in comparison to clubs in the capital Buenos Aires.

"The new championship makes sense on a deeply federal level. It will have direct relegation and promotion and the average points issue will be eliminated. Besides this, in the coming season of the Primera Division there will be no relegation."

The new system would most likely see top-level football split into five zones of eight teams, with the 20 best-performing sides going on to fight for the league title and Copa Libertadores qualification in the second half of the year. The bottom clubs, meanwhile, would enter a distinct tournament to determine who would be relegated.

A move to save River Plate from relegation? Or just a genuine attempt to restructure the league?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Argentine League Restructure to 38 team league Empty Re: Argentine League Restructure to 38 team league

Post by Art Morte Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:09 pm

A 38 team league sounds stupid to me.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Argentine League Restructure to 38 team league Empty Re: Argentine League Restructure to 38 team league

Post by wigglesworth Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:18 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:http://www.goal.com/en/news/60/south-america/2011/07/26/2591037/argentine-football-set-for-major-overhaul-as-afa-approve

The Argentine FA has approved plans to restructure the country's league system, where the number of clubs participating will increase from 20 to as many as 38 by the beginning of the 2012-2013 season.

The members of the board met on Monday to discuss the new arrangements, and have decided to reform the current Primera Division into a brand new championship which would incorporate sides from the current Nacional B Division, Argentina's second-level league, and the 2011-12 champions from Torneo A Argentino and Primera B Metropolitana, both of the nation's third-level leagues.

As AFA spokesman Ernesto Cherquis confirmed on Monday evening, the committee overwhelmingly voted in favour of unification during the same meeting which saw Sergio Batista removed from the head of the national team.

Few details were released about the proposed format of the new tournament, but Cherquis affirmed that if passed in a general meeting in three months time, the new-look competition would com into force in time for August 2012.

"In the meeting of the executive committee of the AFA it was approved, by 22 votes in favour against four abstentions and one absence, to create a new project to restructure Argentine football from next August. Now it will have to be approved by general assembly on October 18," the official confirmed after the meeting.

Cherquis continued to explain that a key goal of the changes was to open the game up to interior provinces of Argentina, historically weaker in comparison to clubs in the capital Buenos Aires.

"The new championship makes sense on a deeply federal level. It will have direct relegation and promotion and the average points issue will be eliminated. Besides this, in the coming season of the Primera Division there will be no relegation."

The new system would most likely see top-level football split into five zones of eight teams, with the 20 best-performing sides going on to fight for the league title and Copa Libertadores qualification in the second half of the year. The bottom clubs, meanwhile, would enter a distinct tournament to determine who would be relegated.

A move to save River Plate from relegation? Or just a genuine attempt to restructure the league?

A move to save River Plate. It will never go to 38 teams. Argentina has a much smaller population than England and Italy and less than half the population of Germany. What kind of quality could a 38 team league have considering that the best Argentines are mostly in Italy and Spain.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Interista809 Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:39 pm

Thats for the season after this season or even more...River will have to play in the second division anyways.
Interista809
Interista809
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:44 pm

Pretty pathetic attempt to save River.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Batigoal Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:58 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Pretty pathetic attempt to save River.

*lol* what about reading the Article, the whole things starts next Season, so River will still have to play in the one season in the second league !!!
Batigoal
Batigoal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

https://facebook.com/tarik.az

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:00 pm

Batigoal wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Pretty pathetic attempt to save River.

*lol* what about reading the Article, the whole things starts next Season, so River will still have to play in the one season in the second league !!!
So? Who guarantees they'll come back up Very Happy
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:14 pm

Interista809 wrote:Thats for the season after this season or even more...River will have to play in the second division anyways.

But wouldn't Riverplate have to stay in 2nd divison for 3 seasons atleast if not for this restructuring of the divisions? I read that relegation and promotion in Argentina 3 year cycle.Or am i confusing with something else?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:15 pm

i wonder if this would happen if river didnt get relegated Rolling Eyes

this will be a mess btw.Everyone will be tired for the libertadores.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by honduran09 Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:59 pm

Ganso wrote:i wonder if this would happen if river didnt get relegated Rolling Eyes

this will be a mess btw.Everyone will be tired for the libertadores.
not really i read some where else that they are being seperated into five groups with the top teams in each group playing against each other for a place in the libertadores and the bottom ones playing to stay in the top flight
honduran09
honduran09
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:17 pm

Does this mean that teams play each other once every season instead of twice?
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:41 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
Interista809 wrote:Thats for the season after this season or even more...River will have to play in the second division anyways.

But wouldn't Riverplate have to stay in 2nd divison for 3 seasons atleast if not for this restructuring of the divisions? I read that relegation and promotion in Argentina 3 year cycle.Or am i confusing with something else?

Would be cool if someone could provide an answer for this, sounds weird-ntresting.

7amood11 wrote:Does this mean that teams play each other once every season instead of twice?

I'm thinking once is already too often, or can the bottom teams of those 38 be anywhere near the level of the top teams? Stupid to have a 38 club league if 33% of the games are going to be a walk in the park for the stronger teams.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Interista809 Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:23 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:

No, they use the table to come back up and the three year avg(promedios) for relegation.

I'd have to go deeper into this but River has to finish 1 or 2nd to come straight and 3rd or 4th to play the promotion playoffs.(Its Irrelevant now if they approve this new system because there is only going to be relegation from the 2nd division, not even relegation more like exclusion from the new system for the teams that finish at the bottom.)

This indeed is an attempt to save some clubs but not only River. The 5 big clubs in Argentina are in problems so this means that another scene of what happen to River won't be seen again.

According to some journos this is coming from the goverment, which controls the television rights of the league, want to federalize the league and bring futbol(attention) to the entire nation.

I am not saying this is a great idea, its actually a bad idea if you ask me, I was just taking issue from with reporters saying this is an attempt to save River when its actually deeper than that.
Interista809
Interista809
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:50 pm

it's going to be like the NFL maybe, with different divisions?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:56 pm

It seems that there is no 38 team league, but five groups with 8 teams. I guess those teams will play it out, then the top four go to a pool and the bottom do the same. A 'Championship' and 'Relegation' pool. In my country, we have this system of dividing into pools mid season, and everyone hates it. This move in Argentina is obviously with political and geographical aims (as well as River Rolling Eyes ), so I dont know if it will work
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:00 pm

Soo..... it'll be like the Mexican league or something?
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:09 pm

The federal government is pushing for this deal, and it depends on the elections. If Cristina Kirchner does not win the reelection this will not happen. Has nothing to do with River.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:02 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote: Has nothing to do with River.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/585/argentina/2011/07/26/2592095/argentina-fa-spokesman-river-plate-relegation-is-the

Maybe theyre using it as a convenient excuse, albeit a bad one, I can see the political motivation behind this but plainly admitting 'We did it to keep River up' is pretty damn bad taste to me.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:49 pm

it has everything to do with river.

im not believing in coincidence that much
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down