+3
Clutch
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
7 posters

Go down

Rodrygo! Empty Rodrygo!

Post by futbol_bill Sat Aug 17, 2024 10:41 am

I don’t know if it is just me, but I find myself with a completely different opinion of Rodrygo than is being presented by the media, particularly the British media.

According to them Man City as well as other EPL teams are offering outrageous money to entice him to move to EPL, either this season or next. They view him as an outstanding offensive player ready to ignite their offense, in the case of city replacing Alvarez.

My opinion of Rodrygo is he a very good player, but not outstanding. We have been waiting the past two years for him to have a breakout season that just hasn’t materialized. Sure he has outstanding moments and has contributed key goals, but he just isn’t consistent enough to be considered outstanding,

From his perspective, Rodrygo must be concerned with his future role at Madrid with the talent on board. He is going to pushed hard to keep his starting role by both Bellingham and Güler, this season and possibly in the future by Endick, plus there is the excellent form of Diaz for him to be concerned. His response thus far has been I want to see how this season goes before any interest in moving. And in all fairness, if he finally does have that breakout season, then this whole debate would stop!

Now being a RMad fan, I don’t mind the over exaggeration of his value as it will fetch a superb price if and when he does move.

What do you think? Is Man City and British media seeing something different than me?

Last edited by futbol_bill on Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Rodrygo! Empty Re: Rodrygo!

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Aug 17, 2024 1:04 pm

I think Rodrygo is the prototype Pep attacker. He is skillful, good in tight spaces, can pass well, can play across the frontline and can score.

When you want someone to take the game by the scruff of the neck then Rodrygo is probably not that guy but I bet he would be one of the best players in the world under Pep.

RM require our attackers to be the instigators, to use their imaginations and to move about on the pitch based on the flow of the game. Rodrygo just isn't that guy
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:39 pm

I think Rodrygos problem is that he's pretty good in all the positions up top just not world class in any of them. He can play on any team it's just that we have world-class players all over the pitch and possibly on the bench awaiting for their time. He would actually be outstanding and possibly better on city but what he's doing for Real now is still great. He's kind of in a slump right now but he'll find plenty of opportunities this season to get out of it

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 17, 2024 4:11 pm

He’s Gabriel Jesus. Maybe slightly better as his finishing is a bit better.

I think the fact that had to play multiple positions at Real Madrid to find playing time… hurt him. He never focused on a role. So now he’s a jack of all trades and a master of none.

Not sure if City helps him. He’s certainly not playing CF with Haaland. That’s his role or a SS. If I’m him, I look for a team that would play me in my best position.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Aug 17, 2024 5:28 pm

Think hes underrated, as in made to look not as good cos Vini is there n in gernal comparison to other Real players sometimes? Has strengths n weaknesses just like any other... Definitely lucky to have him n would naturally a huge fee for any club interested.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Aug 17, 2024 7:42 pm

As good as Bellingham, and both beat Vini anyday of the week, and also Mbappo.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Sat Aug 17, 2024 11:10 pm

He's a left winger who mostly plays out of position. Simple as that. I would love to see what he can do in his natural position for an entire season.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:26 pm

That never gonna happen cos Mbappe n Vini gonna hog the LW Very Happy Rodrygo will just have to work out how to best ultilise his skills on the RW n/or adapt to playing all around roaming n to work with them 2.. which he has done very well already though... same as the others down the pecking order.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:28 pm

You guys are just emphasizing my point. Elite players can adjust and adapt to team needs. I still say Rodrygo has not had a breakout season that was expected. Both him and Vini had similar reviews and expectations coming out of Brasil. If anything Rodrygo was seen as the more promising of the two. Now 4 or is it 5 years later one of them has broken out and is truly elite, while the other will likely lose his starting position (to an 18 year old) before this season is over.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down