Congrats to Spain

4 posters

Go down

Congrats to Spain Empty Congrats to Spain

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:40 pm

Very very deserved. Hopefully, it will inspire and motivate managers to stop being so doggedly pragmatic and aspire to play good football. The wasted talent on a lot of teams is frankly mind boggling. I don’t want to watch 90% mourinho tactics.

Congrats to Bill as a side note. I tease because it’s not fun otherwise. But Spain is my second favorite team and has been since the Enrique days. Love managers that show courage with their style of play. One of the big reasons I adore Bielsa too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Congrats to Spain Empty Re: Congrats to Spain

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:23 pm

sportsczy wrote:Very very deserved. Hopefully, it will inspire and motivate managers to stop being so doggedly pragmatic and aspire to play good football. The wasted talent on a lot of teams is frankly mind boggling. I don’t want to watch 90% mourinho tactics.

Congrats to Bill as a side note. I tease because it’s not fun otherwise. But Spain is my second favorite team and has been since the Enrique days. Love managers that show courage with their style of play. One of the big reasons I adore Bielsa too.

It’s good you finally state your true feeling. I will await you acknowledging that Flo is a extremely good at getting talent, even if you’ll never like him as a person.

But you are still ignoring or are trying to, the response to your horrific predictions! Yet again!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:30 pm

Sports its obvious to me this is also coming from a point of frustration and a jaded sense since you're not enjoying the football you're seeing anymore compared to your favourite golden teams and I totally get it. If you've a generation like France has and its gold it being melted and hammered into copper then I would feel the same. It's clear this congratulations is more congratulations I wish my team played more like yours.

And I thank you for it for it's been a joy to watch this Euro for this exact reason.

And Bill my prediction was we lose but thats the fun in it you two support the same team, rejoice!
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:08 pm

Lol, Arq. Sports is many things and I get it. But his predications aren’t to just get under my skin, it is he genuinely believes French talent is better than anyone. Sure he is biased, as am I, but he continually makes these rash statements about their superiority. He has been this way ever since I took 200 Euros from him in a bet Spain over France several years ago. At beginning of the tournament, I was tempted to offer same bet this time around, to expose him, but at that time, I wasn’t as confident of our chances as I was a game or two later plus France was the favourite going into the tournament.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:11 pm

Dude you two are online acquittances, made a money bet and he didn't shirk out of it when he lost? RESPECT.

Nothing like the Bill v Sports rivalry.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:31 pm

That’s what ‘Mature’ folks do
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Jul 16, 2024 12:01 pm

I know this is about Spain. But in fairness, even France's generation of the late 90s early 2000s played pragmatic too. With their confederation cup win in 03 as the exception. I'm all for playing pragmatic, its part of the game, but can we get a little skill please? a lot of guys rather pass sideways than beat their man 1 v 1.

This was to me Spain's biggest win in comparison to their last 2 euro wins. On paper, we expected those teams (even the 08 team that were still considered dark horses) to shine because of the talent. I expected a semi final place at most for this team, based on lineups and what was on paper. They not only proved people wrong they were strong every step of the way. Kudos to them
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jul 16, 2024 12:29 pm

I have often compared this team to that 2008 team. This time around, nothing really wrong with starters except maybe needing a more solid CF. It’s the bench, particularly forwards that is the potential weakness. If this team continues with success, like the 2020 and 2012 teams, the bench will be better. I just hope someone breaks thru as a striker or maybe we find another Villa. Come to think of it those teams had trouble with striker as well (Torres)!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down