How do you rate the squad of 11-12?

+2
El Gunner
Turok_TTZ
6 posters

Go down

How do you rate the squad of 11-12? Empty How do you rate the squad of 11-12?

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:53 am

A lot of peeps on social media and on the streets are ready to die on the hill that mourinho 11-12 madrid was the best counter attacking squad in RM history or outright the best team period.

Nvm how stupid that notion actually sounds, I wanna hear what you guys think.

Personally I saw mourinho's 11-12 team as a tier 2 squad at best. A team that was too defensive and too inflexible. It did one thing well and neglected other aspects of the pitch and play. Despite how I say that, that team did very well and by points one could suggest as far as la liga concerned it was quite a dominant team. But points don't tell the whole story.

For reference, Real Madrid 16-17 under Zidane imho is a tier 0 team. The cream of the crop.forever meta. A Danilo own goal potentially denied us a treble. Carlo Madrid from his first stint and currently his second stint is imo a tier 1 team.

Feel free to shoot yer takes. I'm personally surprised people believe it's criminal mou didn't win a cl with what he had in RM but imo I'd say no, it was right that we didn't win the cl. Not once did I feel that we looked like a cl winning team at any point in mou era madrid. Could we challenge it sure but in the end we came up short. And that I blame that squarely on mourinho. We were too defensive and imbalanced.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

How do you rate the squad of 11-12? Empty Re: How do you rate the squad of 11-12?

Post by El Gunner Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:28 am

lol who are these peeps on social media and the streets? Ronaldo and Mourinho fanboys?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

How do you rate the squad of 11-12? Empty Re: How do you rate the squad of 11-12?

Post by Vibe Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:51 am

That Madrid team would annihilate any of the Zidane/Ancelotti teams.

I know that one is hard to swallow as a Madrid fan.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:43 pm

El Gunner wrote:lol who are these peeps on social media and the streets? Ronaldo and Mourinho fanboys?

Check out the responses here https://twitter.com/theMadridZone/status/1685007192582139904

I thought so too but out of curiosity and to kick boredom to the curb, i hit a local spot where a good amount of madrid fans congregate. And the responses were...

Well... I am reminded that foolishness isn't exclusive to this section of the board or on social media. Apparently mourinho is somehow highly regarded despite only winning 1 league title and a cdr. Laughable.

Imagine taking a double pivot of Alonso khedira seriously. Utterly laughable. Still one of the worst duos I've seen.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:25 pm

I don’t rate that team at all. Mourinho is a shit coach and a terrible person as he has demonstrated over and over again. I will give him credit for changing the squad attitude to a winning approach rather than losers as had been the case for several years. I actually think the squad before Mourinho under Pelli was more entertaining. Mourinho changed emphasis to defense aka Inter, but it was boring. Keep in mind that squad was really formed, as Pelli took charge, by Perez and was the basis for the next successful decade. My point is it wasn’t the players, it was the coach. Both Zidane and Carlo, basically took same squad and had success.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:46 pm

I won't say the best. But in my opinion it was the most interesting/fun madrid side I ever watched. I'm talking about just that 11/12 side not the one before or after. Yes they would play ultra defensive against barca, but you didn't expect them to get raped by mallorca like some madrid teams of old. And it was not like watching paint dry like some of the zizou sides after.

Was not the best cos there was no UCL, but if I had the finances I would pay to watch that side even in the rain. If I had the money and mobility. A lot of our other sides I'll settle for watching them on tv.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:10 pm

I don't think it was he best squad Real Madrid have had. I think the best Real Madrid era was when they had Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema, and Modric all playing together. And the defence of Ramos, Varane, Caravjal, and Nacho was a good defence. And the midfield of Kroos and Casemiro was good too.
Ben
Ben
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down