UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter

+14
Warrior
Lord Awesome
Turok_TTZ
farfan
Vibe
halamadrid2
Helmer
El Gunner
Thimmy
Casciavit
BarrileteCosmico
Firenze
Myesyats
Robespierre
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter Empty UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter

Post by Robespierre Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:38 pm

UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter FwZrHXeWwAAc-qN?format=jpg&name=large
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 17196
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter Empty Re: UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:39 pm

Man City and Inter combined XI

Ederson
Akanji Dias Ake
Stones Rodri
Bernardo KDB Gundo Grealish
Lukaku
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 19732
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 95

Back to top Go down

UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter Empty Re: UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter

Post by Firenze Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:45 pm

FORZA INTER
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 34278
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter Empty Re: UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter

Post by Robespierre Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:03 pm

Myesyats wrote:Man City and Inter combined XI

Ederson
Akanji Dias Ake
Stones Rodri
Bernardo KDB Gundo Grealish
Lukaku


and Lukaku won't be even starter, Dzeko plays 100%

(yes I know, meme for Haaland who's a monster though)

Most unbalanced final that I remember, shame playing against an unplayable
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 17196
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter Empty Re: UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter

Post by Robespierre Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:04 pm

Probably it's the first time that this account made me laugh

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 17196
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter Empty Re: UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:45 am

Tomorrow is the day bounce

Can't remember the last time I wanted both teams to win
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28320
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter Empty Re: UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter

Post by Casciavit Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:16 am

City better not choke this...
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 9499
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter Empty Re: UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter

Post by Thimmy Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:36 am

Casciavit wrote:City better not choke this...


That would be pretty funny, actually Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13273
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter Empty Re: UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:13 am

There is one goal on either side of the pitch and one ball for all. It's 11 versus 11. Only one can walk away victorious
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 19732
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 95

Back to top Go down

UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter Empty Re: UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter

Post by El Gunner Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:26 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlLQ_ion5LQ

Pep looked nervous when the topic switched to Inter. No doubt he feels the weight of the CL drought. Still don't know how he fucked up against Chelsea a few years ago.

Other topics discussed:
- after Henry struggled in his first season for Barca, he pulled Henry aside and showed him old Arsenal footage vs Liverpool (presumably the 4-2 win of April, 2004) and said he wanted that hunger back!
- apparently KdB is a unique individual (sensitive, quiet, a perfectionist) and requires his own type of man managing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 23020
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter Empty Re: UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter

Post by Robespierre Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:52 am

Hanged on to something that is materially impossible, but it's hard to get out of bed
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 17196
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter Empty Re: UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:26 pm

El Gunner wrote:Pep looked nervous when the topic switched to Inter. No doubt he feels the weight of the CL drought. Still don't know how he fucked up against Chelsea a few years ago

It has to weigh on him for sure. You can reach the final/semis numerous times, but nobody cares about silver or bronze, you have to win it at least once to get validation
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 19732
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 95

Back to top Go down

UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter Empty Re: UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter

Post by Casciavit Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:08 pm

They should've won in 2021, but looking back whatever weaknesses they had at that point just all came to fruition that day.

Them losing twice in a row against Chelsea, and then having two weeks off made Pep tinker hard.

He started Sterling who never played in the big CL games that year, he played his top scorer Gundogan as a DM benching Rodri who started 59 games that year, and he played Foden as a CM when a few weeks prior he said Foden didn't have the temperament to play there.

They played almost this pseudo 3-3-4. Honestly the changes made sense.

Against a back 5 you need a runner to run behind the defense. Rodri was on poor form at the time to the point Fernandinho was starting CL semis. City knew Chelsea was going to park the bus so having a technician in Gundogan play DM made sense. Gundogan played DM in 18/19 and he was great.

Even playing Foden centrally made sense. The idea was for him and KDB to stretch Kante-Jorginho double pivot. Then run directly at the defense with Sterling and Mahrez cutting inside.

Then the game started and things just didn't work out. Their build up wasn't clean because Walker and Dias were the RCB/LCB and seeing most of the ball and are City's worst build up players.

They lacked patience in midfield. Foden and KDB were just running into the opposition every time they got it. Mahrez and Sterling both had stinkers.

Then they concede the first goal, and in that season anytime City conceded first they went to lose the game. KDB their best player and only creator got subbed off injured in the 60th minute and that was that, game over.

I think if he stays on they could've mounted a comeback. For those that don't believe me, just look at how uninspired they looked against Madrid in ET in 2022 when KDB got subbed off. How about this season when Haaland's production drops tons when KDB isn't playing. He's the only consistent final passer in the team. He also brings clutch goals and a counter attacking threat.

I believe City will win. Not even so much from a tactical perspective, but they just have that camaraderie and belief that they're going to win the treble. Today's different to 2021. The team has changed a bit, and they're better in 'moments' than they were before. For instance, Pep had an amazing quote in his press conference yesterday which was:

“The most important thing in this type of game is not to think that we are losing at 0-0, because we are not losing. And Italian teams at 0-0 think they are winning, and they are not winning.”

Will City have the maturity to play in that manner and wait for those moments instead of rushing them and getting hit on the counter? Let's wait and find out.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 9499
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter Empty Re: UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter

Post by Casciavit Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:19 pm

Interested to see how City will line up today. They've played the 3-2-4-1 with the same players this year with the only difference being who starts between Ake/Akanji/Walker.

I think Ake and Akanji should start. The defense will see a lot of the ball. Inter doesn't have a 1v1 threat like Vinicius, so there's no need for Walker. So just play your best passers and physical CB's to match up against Inter's forwards.

The best way to attack a 5-3-2 is to use a 3-4-3 diamond that turns into a 3-1-6 in the attacking phase Nagelsmann style. It gives you the numerical advantage in build up and in the forward line. It also let's you stretch out the midfield 3 really well.

I could see Stones positioning be a lot more aggressive today. Against United he occupied higher spaces than usual, so I wonder if that was in preparation for what's to come today.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 9499
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter Empty Re: UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter

Post by Casciavit Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:48 pm

El Gunner wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlLQ_ion5LQ

Pep looked nervous when the topic switched to Inter. No doubt he feels the weight of the CL drought. Still don't know how he fucked up against Chelsea a few years ago.

Other topics discussed:
- after Henry struggled in his first season for Barca, he pulled Henry aside and showed him old Arsenal footage vs Liverpool (presumably the 4-2 win of April, 2004) and said he wanted that hunger back!
- apparently KdB is a unique individual (sensitive, quiet, a perfectionist) and requires his own type of man managing


Think that's what coaching top teams is all about. The best coaches treat every player differently.

Some need to be criticized in the media to improve their performance, while others need the arm over their shoulder after training.

Being rigid with your man management is the number 1 mistake of managing at a top club. There's a reason players love Ancelotti.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 9499
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter Empty Re: UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter

Post by Casciavit Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:50 pm

Casciavit wrote:Interested to see how City will line up today. They've played the 3-2-4-1 with the same players this year with the only difference being who starts between Ake/Akanji/Walker.

I think Ake and Akanji should start. The defense will see a lot of the ball. Inter doesn't have a 1v1 threat like Vinicius, so there's no need for Walker. So just play your best passers and physical CB's to match up against Inter's forwards.

The best way to attack a 5-3-2 is to use a 3-4-3 diamond that turns into a 3-1-6 in the attacking phase Nagelsmann style. It gives you the numerical advantage in build up and in the forward line. It also let's you stretch out the midfield 3 really well.

I could see Stones positioning be a lot more aggressive today. Against United he occupied higher spaces than usual, so I wonder if that was in preparation for what's to come today.


And Pep goes with Ake-Dias-Stones-Akanji as his defensive line...
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 9499
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter Empty Re: UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter

Post by Casciavit Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:50 pm

Manchester City: Ederson; Akanji, Stones, Ruben Dias, Ake; Rodrigo, Gundogan; De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, Grealish; Haaland

Inter: Onana; Darmian, Acerbi, Bastoni; Dumfries, Barella, Brozovic, Calhanoglu, Dimarco; Dzeko, Lautaro Martinez
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 9499
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter Empty Re: UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter

Post by Firenze Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:59 pm



but once again, I believe Inter can nick it with a scrappy win

inb4 City 3-0 after 25 mins
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 34278
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter Empty Re: UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter

Post by Robespierre Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:00 pm

I pray you God let me winning today and I'd be in peace forever.

if miracles are true show me this today pls
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 17196
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter Empty Re: UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:54 pm

Firenze wrote:

but once again, I believe Inter can nick it with a scrappy win

inb4 City 3-0 after 25 mins

It's shameless for Utd fans to keep repeating this before every game when they've spent a billion themselves only to become a memes galore
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 19732
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 95

Back to top Go down

UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter Empty Re: UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter

Post by Casciavit Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:09 pm

Casciavit wrote:
Casciavit wrote:Interested to see how City will line up today. They've played the 3-2-4-1 with the same players this year with the only difference being who starts between Ake/Akanji/Walker.

I think Ake and Akanji should start. The defense will see a lot of the ball. Inter doesn't have a 1v1 threat like Vinicius, so there's no need for Walker. So just play your best passers and physical CB's to match up against Inter's forwards.

The best way to attack a 5-3-2 is to use a 3-4-3 diamond that turns into a 3-1-6 in the attacking phase Nagelsmann style. It gives you the numerical advantage in build up and in the forward line. It also let's you stretch out the midfield 3 really well.

I could see Stones positioning be a lot more aggressive today. Against United he occupied higher spaces than usual, so I wonder if that was in preparation for what's to come today.


And Pep goes with Ake-Dias-Stones-Akanji as his defensive line...


And Pep does go with a 3-4-3 diamond. Stones RCM, KDB LCM in possession.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 9499
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter Empty Re: UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter

Post by Firenze Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:28 pm

well, Inter already doing way better than I expected

can see the GK's deciding this, Onana is legit and Ederson has errors in him
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 34278
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter Empty Re: UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter

Post by Casciavit Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:37 pm

KDB off injured ffs
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 9499
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter Empty Re: UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter

Post by Helmer Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:47 pm

Not sure if City can raise their game here. They are not able to show their quality and their real style of play as best as they usually can play. Credit to Inter but at the same time City and Pep with their usual serial loser mentality.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 9965
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter Empty Re: UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter

Post by Thimmy Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:48 pm

Won't surprise me if this goes to penalties. I wouldn't have been able to tell that this was a final, if I wasn't already aware of it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13273
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter Empty Re: UCL Final 22/23 | Manchester City Vs Inter

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum